DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good catch! Either way it's weird! He texted at ~9. It was Bank of America... which has a number of branches in and near Hyattsville, none of which open before 9 (tellerassist allows people to *speak* to someone in aid of an ATM transaction, but does not mean you can walk into the lobby of the branch): http://locators.bankofamerica.com/l...LE_MD/branch_and_atm_locations/locations.html

If it's 45 minutes after...well... what was he doing that allowed him to stop for a photoshoot at the 45 minute mark?

Curious.

A "photoshoot"?? LOL!! Sitting at a red light would easily allow time to snap a photo. You must not have a cell phone with a camera in it?? Cause that would be the only explanation of you not knowing how easy it is to do. And how it takes a matter of seconds.

I have never seen a case at WS where things are hashed and rehashed multiple times, never getting anywhere. It is so weird to me!

Don't they just have to create doubt? They don't have to prove anything.

But how can you prove doubt with someone who has been thoroughly investigated and ruled out? The judge is not going to just say.."oh, okay...see you around."

If that's the standard, no trial would go forward.

They are trying to blame someone who has been another focus of the investigation. It's not like they are pulling a name out of a hat! They are choosing someone who has bed. The subject of SW's, etc.

He'd be better off throwing blame on one of his Facebook friends that LE has no information about to date.

I don't think anyone is saying they are 'basing' their case on public perception garnered on SM. I think they just enhance their case, bolster their case, gain ideas, from reading what the public thinks. They have to pitch their case to a jury. And the public is just that---a great big jury pool. So finding out what the public thinks about a case is very important.

Shotgun defense? They can't, lol. There are no other scenarios to explain his DNA, his custody of the cash, etc. Nope, they got nuttin'.

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 2m2 minutes ago Washington, DC
Attorney for #daronwint says knife was found in trash w pizza outside #DCMansionMurders @wusa9

I thought the pizza was in the bedroom? This is very interesting.

Based on the simple fact alone that the defense is trying to pin some of the $ loss on JW - makes me think JW may not be involved w all of this after all.. tho the text picts & registration & drop off & lies do seem rather suspicious.. That way the group doesn't have to divulge all the places the rest of the money went.

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 2m2 minutes ago
Also bloody bat, missing samurai swords. #DaronWint #DCMansionMurders #Savopoulos @wusa9

But...but... I thought we heard the bat was in the bedroom, too?
I'm very confused. The tweets make it almost sound like Wint's attorney is testifying. Who is he questioning? LE?

[video=twitter;623190533012385796]https://twitter.com/clohertywtop/status/623190533012385796[

Why is the Lead detective testifying about JW and the purloined registration if it has nothing to do with the case?

[video=twitter;623190533012385796]https://twitter.com/clohertywtop/status/623190533012385796[/video]

This is going on right now? Interesting.

Megan Cloherty ‏@ClohertyWTOP 5m5 minutes ago Washington, DC
Detective testifies more than $13k in money orders found in truck behind car. $10k money orders in car where Wint was arrested $7k+in cash

Megan Cloherty ‏@ClohertyWTOP 6m6 minutes ago Washington, DC
Defense attny says Wint's brother was passenger in truck. Judge sustains. Then detective testifies passenger told others to buy money orders

Megan Cloherty ‏@ClohertyWTOP 1h1 hour ago Washington, DC
Lead Det. Jeff Owens testifies search found registration for Savopoulos' expensive race car in Wallace's backpack

Defense: Wallace texted a friend a picture of what looks like half the money 45mins before bank surveillance shows he got it

Wints defense trying to raise suspicion about Savopoulos' assistant Jordan Wallace, who detectives say delivered $40k to home day of murders
12:52 PM - 20 Jul 2015 · Details

Second source for "45 minutes before"?

That *is* curious. Especially since the photo was accompanied with a text telling W-2 that the amount was $40K. How did he know what the amount would be?

Does anyone see a third source?

45 minutes before? or 45 minutes after??

If it is 45 minutes AFTER, then it DOES show a pit stop of some sort on the way to the S house. Unless he took a picture while sitting in traffic/driving the car. That would put time of photo at app. 9:45. JW contacted SS at 10:10 to let him know that he was 10 minutes away. Whether he thought time was of the essence or not, if it was me delivering $40,000 cash, I'd not be making stops along the way. Another WS member posted traffic tweets for that day, and the only alerts occurred after app. 10:10AM and later. At 10:26 JW texted that the money had been delivered. I know people who live in the area say there is a lot of traffic but 75-80 minutes from Hyattsville BOA to SS house is excessive IMO. It is only about 7 miles apart. Google Maps estimates about 30-40 minutes travel time at that time of day.

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 2h2 hours agoWashington, DC
#Savopoulos daughter is in courtroom listening intently as #DaronWint lawyer suggests courier kept stacks of money.

Sheesh. To begin with, according to the AIW employee (?) there were only four stacks each having $10,000. If DW was found with over $30,000 that would be three stacks plus a portion of the remaining stack.

Someone queried earlier about how much cash he would have given his gf. I also wonder if some went to his mom, we can safely speculate some was given to the relative in the truck, maybe another relative he was reportedly staying with... did he make it rain while in NY?

IF they recovered 'in excess' of 30k, then how could JW have kept 20k of it? That makes no sense.

I think Wint's team has been reading here....LOL

"Suggested"? Is attorney just sowing reasonable doubt? Did Wint leave S house with more than $40,000? I'm still catching up - slept late out west because I thought the hearing would be postponed and couldn't stand to wake up to disappointment! So don't feel the need to answer these questions - I'm still reading...

Megan Cloherty ‏@ClohertyWTOP 5m5 minutes ago Washington, DC
Detective testifies more than $13k in money orders found in truck behind car. $10k money orders in car where Wint was arrested $7k+in cash

Megan Cloherty ‏@ClohertyWTOP 6m6 minutes ago Washington, DC
Defense attny says Wint's brother was passenger in truck. Judge sustains. Then detective testifies passenger told others to buy money orders

Lead Det. Jeff Owens testifies search found registration for Savopoulos' expensive race car in Wallace's backpack

Defense: Wallace texted a friend a picture of what looks like half the money 45mins before bank surveillance shows he got it

Wints defense trying to raise suspicion about Savopoulos' assistant Jordan Wallace, who detectives say delivered $40k to home day of murders
12:52 PM - 20 Jul 2015 · Details

Second source for "45 minutes before"?

That *is* curious. Especially since the photo was accompanied with a text telling W-2 that the amount was $40K. How did he know what the amount would be?

Does anyone see a third source?

Maybe the Defense has as much difficulty telling time as they do with basic math???

And what do you mean by "curious"? JW was handed the money by the AIW employee. If you are handed 4 stacks of $10K - which is written right on the band of each stack - most people wouldn't have difficulty getting to $40K. Apparently the Defense does though, so maybe this is more of a stretch than I assumed? LOL!!

During Monday’s hearing, Mr. Wint’s public defender Arthur Ago asked the detective pointed questions about others who have been questioned in the case. He focused on a driver for Savvas Savopoulos, who gave conflicting accounts about his involvement in delivering the package containing $40,000 to the family home on the day of the homicides.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ion-slayings-due-back-in-court/#ixzz3gSdewK7H
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

During Monday’s hearing, Mr. Wint’s public defender Arthur Ago asked the detective pointed questions about others who have been questioned in the case. He focused on a driver for Savvas Savopoulos, who gave conflicting accounts about his involvement in delivering the package containing $40,000 to the family home on the day of the homicides.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ion-slayings-due-back-in-court/#ixzz3gSdewK7H
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Really hope we get more of what this questioning was...so hopefully we can end some of the speculation about this particular topic.

I wonder why the prosecution is choosing to release additional SW's
AFTER the preliminary hearing? Sounds strategic.

That article is from May. I think it refers to the SW's already released.

"Suggested"? Is attorney just sowing reasonable doubt? Did Wint leave S house with more than $40,000? I'm still catching up - slept late out west because I thought the hearing would be postponed and couldn't stand to wake up to disappointment! So don't feel the need to answer these questions - I'm still reading...
I was wondering where you were?

Maybe the Defense has as much difficulty telling time as they do with basic math???

And what do you mean by "curious"? JW was handed the money by the AIW employee. If you are handed 4 stacks of $10K - which is written right on the band of each stack - most people wouldn't have difficulty getting to $40K. Apparently the Defense does though, so maybe this is more of a stretch than I assumed? LOL!!

If it's true, what isn't curious about it? If the text was 45 minutes before the actual hand-off, how would he know how much money he was going to get? Has to be wrong, or else it's pretty much the most interesting thing that's happened in this case, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1