DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can DW expect a defense when he's not talking? Is he just going
to roll over?

What is talking going to get him? If he had any accomplices I suppose he could get some sort of deal, but I very much doubt he had any accomplices. And there is no death penalty on the table.

Hah. Another 1 K could be accounted for. That only leaves 8 K not accounted for. That could also provide a motive for why DW urgently needed money all of the sudden. Immigration lawyer.
So, 30 K recovered in the truck and car.
1K reportedly given for a taxi ride.
1.1 K given to immigration lawyer.
Only 8 K (actually, 7.9 K) still not accounted for.

"Upon being arrested, prosecutors say Wint had a receipt for $1,100 that he had apparently paid to an immigration attorney as a retainer. That receipt was dated May 16, two days after the slayings."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/husband-strangled-dc-mansion-slayings-prosecutors/story?id=32571700

And the females had cashed money orders of $2,500 each

Wait. IF JW was involved, why wouldn't he get a cut of the ransom money? Did he do it for free? Why would DW go hunt him down and take the cash back if JW was in on the crime?

I think the attorney tried shifting some blame to the 'courier' because he does not want his client to be looked at as the mastermind of this brutal crime. JMO

The defense is lamely, IMO, trying to imply that JW kept the "two stacks" of money that he sent the pic of ($10,000 each stack). But their math skills are lacking

But wouldn't that be included in the money recovered from car and truck (30k)?

I don't think we know..they could have cashed them days prior and gone shopping
JMO

The defense is lamely, IMO, trying to imply that JW kept the "two stacks" of money that he sent the pic of ($10,000 each stack). But their math skills are lacking

Exactly.

If he/she foolishly goes this route at trial what they are basically saying is Wint is guilty.

How will that help his case? It wont.

Great to 'see' you as always TexMex! :)

IMO

Hey hey. Been Mia awhile, checking in to see what's happening with the prelim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg

IMO it looks like Wint may have been needing money because he was afraid of being deported after his March arrest
He had no way of knowing his fingerprints hadn't made it into the FBI database yet..
#MOTIVE

Could this be the possible motive, for the crimes...Needing funds to fight immigration/being deported? It appears it was one of the first things he spent money on, that we know.

Couldn't agree more. Two days after beating these people to death he's giving a cash retainer to an immigration lawyer

Exactly.

If he/she foolishly goes this route at trial what they are basically saying is Wint is guilty.

How will that help his case? It wont.

Great to 'see' you as always TexMex! :)

IMO

Great seeing you as well, blue eyes

At a Monday hearing, Detective Jeffrey Owens testified that a receipt for an immigration lawyer was found at Wint’s father’s house. It was dated two days after the slayings and indicates that Wint paid an $1,100 retainer in cash.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ion-slayings-due-back-in-court/#ixzz3gSPNVnQm
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

I do believe we may have the motive. Skigirl hit the nail on the head, when she said that there had to be some catalyzing event, that he would choose this family, at this particular time. It makes sense.
Couldn't agree more. Two days after beating these people to death he's giving a cash retainer to an immigration lawyer

So if he had a receipt for a retainer two days after the murder, and it was Donovan, I wonder how long he hung around DC before going to NYC?

[video=twitter;623190533012385796]https://twitter.com/clohertywtop/status/623190533012385796[

Why is the Lead detective testifying about JW and the purloined registration if it has nothing to do with the case?

[video=twitter;623190533012385796]https://twitter.com/clohertywtop/status/623190533012385796[/video]

Well, they recovered cash, money orders, knives, cell phones with the crew traveling with Wint...and none of them are behind bars TO OUR KNOWLEDGE EITHER.

There is a big difference between the courier, who was asked by SS to drop off the money, and DW's friends and family, who were harboring him after the crimes.

JW would have no valid reason to have any of the ransom cash on him. He would have been immediately arrested if they found any of it. But DW's brother and crew were apparently asked to 'bring him in' to the station ti turn himself in. That is their story and they are apparently sticking to it. And it is not against the law for them to accept a gift from a family member or friend. Apparently. :mad:

[video=twitter;623190533012385796]https://twitter.com/clohertywtop/status/623190533012385796[

Why is the Lead detective testifying about JW and the purloined registration if it has nothing to do with the case?

[video=twitter;623190533012385796]https://twitter.com/clohertywtop/status/623190533012385796[/video]

That's interesting -- I wish we knew what questions they were being asked, and by whom. Could be defense asked him, or could be prosecution asked. It makes a difference. So frustrating that there are no cameras or live tweets from inside the courtroom!

Could this be the possible motive, for the crimes...Needing funds to fight immigration/being deported? It appears it was one of the first things he spent money on, that we know.
Wow! Some morning. I wonder if the $1100 immigration retainer would explain his prior atty RF .... fortunately blood money has to be returned. (unfortunately for RF)

There is a big difference between the courier, who was asked by SS to drop off the money, and DW's friends and family, who were harboring him after the crimes.

JW would have no valid reason to have any of the ransom cash on him. He would have been immediately arrested if they found any of it. But DW's brother and crew were apparently asked to 'bring him in' to the station ti turn himself in. That is their story and they are apparently sticking to it. And it is not against the law for them to accept a gift from a family member or friend. Apparently. :mad:

Interesting - do you have a link for this info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1