DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that explains Hanover.

Yes! Finally makes sense! Ficker was out there lobbying for the job and DW had already hired Hanover. Of course, it looks like DW hired Hanover for immigration issues and Ficker was trying to get the felony murder defense job. No wonder Hanover always looked like he was in over his head. He was!

Are we sure this person didn't just screw up their tweet?? Maybe she meant after.

Here's yet another source -- Washington Times article linked by TexMex above:

"The driver’s descriptions of how he received the money and when he was last in touch with Savvas Savopoulos have changed over the course of the investigation. Mr. Ago questioned how the driver could have sent a text message containing a photo of the $40,000 cash he received to his girlfriend at 9 a.m. the morning of the homicides when he was not seen on bank surveillance video where the cash withdrawal was made until 9:50 a.m. that day."

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ion-slayings-due-back-in-court/#ixzz3gSjVyT6z
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

I mean, I would hope LE checked both the phone timestamps and the times on the security camera. I think banks tend to be pretty careful about timestamps on their cameras, but who knows.

But here's the good news for those of you who think JW is innocent: if DW is going to point the finger at him at his trial, and JW has a fabulous airtight alibi, LE is about to become JW's best friend. They will be doing their very best to disprove everything that DW says.

RSBM

I strongly disagree. There is no way, in my opinion, that LE will allow anyone to partake in this crime and go unpunished. IMO, if LE believes JW had a part in this crime, they will charge JW appropriately. I also do not believe LE "will do their best to disprove everything DW says".

I know, but if this gets to trial, they only have to convince one juror :( But, to repeat what we all know, that don't mean a hill o' beans as far as getting him off the hook for murder.

I have no idea why they (guilty peeps) don't just plead guilty and get it done with.

I find it curious and hilarious that the defense wants to pin the tail on JW, but it's not JW's DNA at the crime scene and elsewhere. :thinking: I wonder why the defense isn't arguing DNA? Has anything be said about DNA so far?

I just don't get why bring anybody else into this at all? Not a damn thing will make a difference exonerate DW or prove he wasn't there and didn't do anything. No defense witnesses? Oh, this is just so frustrating to be wasting all this time and taxpayer resources to play "what if" in court.

Could JW have refused to give his DNA to LE? Might they suspect him but don't have his DNA now to arrest him? And can't get his DNA without arrest?

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan [video=twitter;623206215837962240]https://twitter.com/BruceLeshan/status/623206215837962240[/video]Washington, DC
Attorney for #daronwint says knife was found in trash w pizza outside #DCMansionMurders @wusa9

Now THAT'S lame lawyering. The pizza boxes were reported to have been found in the room with three of the victims.

Are they basing their comment on the photos of LE placing the boxes INTO THOSE EVIDENCE CONTAINERS that look like trash bins?!?! We've all seen the pics.

shaking my head @ the thought of DW who just butchered four human beings, taking out the trash.

ETA: really really poor choice of description on my part.

I'm interested in what will happen next. Maybe those of you who are much more experienced in watching these cases can comment.

Will LE formally or through leaks "clear" JW if indeed they know for a fact that he is innocent. Or will they just stay silent until this gets to trial, leaving JW twisting in the wind till then?

When I posted that I thought after releasing the SW that, if they had found nothing incriminating that surely they would have ended the very intense media speculation, many here said they never do that.

Okay.

So now in addition to all the media hype about JW, we have the defense making "a case" of sorts against him.

Will there still be silence? I mean if they have "moved on" and know JW was not involved?

Here's yet another source -- Washington Times article linked by TexMex above:

"The driver’s descriptions of how he received the money and when he was last in touch with Savvas Savopoulos have changed over the course of the investigation. Mr. Ago questioned how the driver could have sent a text message containing a photo of the $40,000 cash he received to his girlfriend at 9 a.m. the morning of the homicides when he was not seen on bank surveillance video where the cash withdrawal was made until 9:50 a.m. that day."

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ion-slayings-due-back-in-court/#ixzz3gSjVyT6z
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

I mean, I would hope LE checked both the phone timestamps and the times on the security camera. I think banks tend to be pretty careful about timestamps on their cameras, but who knows.

OK, none of this is making sense. If he didn't get the money until 9:50, how did he deliver it at 10:20 when everyone has said it takes at least 45 - 60 minutes to get to the house from where he was?

Megan Cloherty ‏@ClohertyWTOP 5m5 minutes ago Washington, DC
Detective testifies more than $13k in money orders found in truck behind car. $10k money orders in car where Wint was arrested $7k+in cash

Megan Cloherty ‏@ClohertyWTOP 6m6 minutes ago Washington, DC
Defense attny says Wint's brother was passenger in truck. Judge sustains. Then detective testifies passenger told others to buy money orders

Megan Cloherty ‏@ClohertyWTOP 1h1 hour ago Washington, DC
Lead Det. Jeff Owens testifies search found registration for Savopoulos' expensive race car in Wallace's backpack

Defense: Wallace texted a friend a picture of what looks like half the money 45mins before bank surveillance shows he got it

Wints defense trying to raise suspicion about Savopoulos' assistant Jordan Wallace, who detectives say delivered $40k to home day of murders
12:52 PM - 20 Jul 2015 · Details

Second source for "45 minutes before"?

That *is* curious. Especially since the photo was accompanied with a text telling W-2 that the amount was $40K. How did he know what the amount would be?

Does anyone see a third source?

How about the possibility that JW's phone was set one hour fast? Naah, too easy.

RSBM

I strongly disagree. There is no way, in my opinion, that LE will allow anyone to partake in this crime and go unpunished. IMO, if LE believes JW had a part in this crime, they will charge JW appropriately. I also do not believe LE "will do their best to disprove everything DW says".

I think you misunderstand what I'm saying. If LE has indeed cleared JW, as many here believe...then, they know how they cleared him and possess the evidence to prove it.

So if DW and his lawyer try to mount a defense that JW is the perp, LE and the DA are well prepared with evidence to shoot that down in flames.

Therefore they will be JW's "best friend" in asserting his innocence...if they KNOW he is truly innocent. (Which many here say they do.)

From the Washington Times article, we don't know what Detective Owens answered. All we know is what the Defense Attorney Ago asked.

"... Mr. Ago questioned (Detective Owens) how the driver could have sent a text message containing a photo of the $40,000 cash he received to his girlfriend at 9 a.m. the morning of the homicides when he was not seen on bank surveillance video where the cash withdrawal was made until 9:50 a.m. that day."​

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ion-slayings-due-back-in-court/#ixzz3gSkBZizE

WTF? I thought it was said during a police presser that this was NOT the case?

This preliminary hearing is NOT helping!

Was just about to post the same thing re: presser saying first responders had been ruled out as source of print.

How about the possibility that JW's phone was set one hour fast? Naah, too easy.

Ummm... don't you think LE would have figured that out? I would hope so.

Keith L. Alexander ‏@keithlalexander [video=twitter;623219127239491584]https://twitter.com/keithlalexander/status/623219127239491584[/video]
After 5 hour hearing, judge orders Daron Wint to remain in jail on "probable cause he committed first degree felony murder. "

It's really hard to set a smart phones internal clock to anything different than the real time. It corrects itself.

So if he had a receipt for a retainer two days after the murder, and it was Donovan, I wonder how long he hung around DC before going to NYC?

Didn't MSM say he left for NYC on a bus the day before he was arrested in DC (after his $1000 cab ride back)? The arrest warrant was granted and sealed on May 19th. I know his face and name hit MSM on May 20th, if not before. I don't see the date that the arrest warrant was unsealed. I found the BMW SW was also issued and sealed on May 19th and unsealed on May 29th. According to WTOP, "The police issued a news release late Wednesday, May 20, 2015, saying they are looking for Wint in connection with last Thursday's quadruple homicide..." http://wtop.com/dc/2015/05/suspect-identified-in-northwest-d-c-quadruple-homicide/
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Suspect-Identified-in-DC-Quadruple-Slaying-304509351.html

Now THAT'S lame lawyering. The pizza boxes were reported to have been found in the room with three of the victims.

Are they basing their comment on the photos of LE placing the boxes INTO THOSE EVIDENCE CONTAINERS that look like trash bins?!?! We've all seen the pics.

rofllllll @ the thought of DW who just butchered four human beings, taking out the trash.
That's another quote from Ficker. He alleged that the pizza boxes were found in the trash. These lawyers have nothing from Wint. They are all relying on Ficker's statements to the MSM long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1