DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An alternative is that the bank's video is wrong. The only way to know what time is correct is both the sending phone and the receiving phone say the same time? As many problems as Verizon has delivering messages, voicemails and direct phone calls, I trust their timeclock more than my wall clock or the clocks on my little standalone security cameras.

That's even weird question for Ago to pose. I thought you're not supposed to ask questions if you don't already know the answer.
How does the defense explain it if they say JW had the cash before the bank opened? Maybe someone at the bank tweaked the clock.
Weeks ago, we discussed that banks will sometimes conduct business outside of normal business hours and that the AIW employee may have been in the bank before opening. Also, did I misunderstand that Ago is saying the bank video shows JW himself getting the cash?

When I was an assistant for a costume designer, she often needed special 'treatment' from her bank. She was on location in different countries for films, and bought things with her American Express card, and was reimbursed by the Studios. Sometimes she needed cash and or needed cash from various countries exchanged into dollars etc. I do know of a couple of times that she went into the bank before they were open to the public to do a transaction before she had to catch a flight.

Maybe the accountant had some money he had taken from an office safe or a different account, and he gave it to JW before they went into the Bof A, where they took out the 40k?

But then wouldn't LE know that? Wouldn't they have had sufficient time to interview the accountant. Why would LE say "I don't know."

Everyone didn't say it takes 45 - 60 minutes. A few people said that.

I wish we knew the route he took. Also, if he stopped for a manila envelope, really had one in his car or just made that part up!

It has been speculated a lot here that DW left the house with goods and cash exceeding $40,000. I really don't know if DW received all the ransom money, but even if he didn't, could he have left the house with jewelry, cash from safe, etc., so that even if JW or someone else kept $20,000 of the ransom money, LE could still recover $30,000 from the convoy?

Also, I agree DW will be eligible to be convicted of all four murders as soon as he is charged with the other three. I'm interested to see if they're waiting until the first trial is over to bring additional charges or if they will try all four murders at once.

In SW docs, it is stated that JW first met the accountant at the AIW office in Hyattsville before they both proceeded to the bank. Is it possible some cash was exchanged there before proceeding to the bank? I also believe it's possible that money was obtained at the house and/or valuables later exchanged for cash.

Yes, but, now we're back to HOW did DW get access into the home?

I think he waited until VF walked out of the door to go home. He grabbed her, forced her back inside with a knife to her throat, imo. Then he forces her to duct tape AS, and little Phillip, and then he tapes her up. And he has AS call her husband and make him return home.

WOW! This is the most interesting information to come out of the prelim.
There's been some speculation that the money had come from AIW ($$ was already
in safe) so, maybe JW received cash from both locations? Exceeding $40,000 IDK

An alternative is that the bank's video is wrong. The only way to know what time is correct is both the sending phone and the receiving phone say the same time? As many problems as Verizon has delivering messages, voicemails and direct phone calls, I trust their timeclock more than my wall clock or the clocks on my little standalone security cameras.

That's even weird question for Ago to pose. I thought you're not supposed to ask questions if you don't already know the answer.
How does the defense explain it if they say JW had the cash before the bank opened? Maybe someone at the bank tweaked the clock.
Weeks ago, we discussed that banks will sometimes conduct business outside of normal business hours and that the AIW employee may have been in the bank before opening. Also, did I misunderstand that Ago is saying the bank video shows JW himself getting the cash?

Sounds to me like he was seen on the bank video camera, not necessarily receiving the money from the bank - more likely from the accountant. I think LE would have explored this thoroughly when they noticed the discrepancy. If the clock at the bank was wrong, they would know and the detective would have been able to answer something other than "I don't know." Wish we had learned more from the accountant's interviews. So, either Ago just kind of made that up and threw it out there (meaning it's not accurate) or there is something REALLY fishy going on that we know nothing about. It's enough to make someone want to stop even trying to figure the case out. So much information/evidence that we can't even guess at.

When I was an assistant for a costume designer, she often needed special 'treatment' from her bank. She was on location in different countries for films, and bought things with her American Express card, and was reimbursed by the Studios. Sometimes she needed cash and or needed cash from various countries exchanged into dollars etc. I do know of a couple of times that she went into the bank before they were open to the public to do a transaction before she had to catch a flight.

Why did the Detective answer "I don't know." The bank has had weeks to tell them they made special arrangements. As would the Acccountant who actually picked up the money.

Everyone didn't say it takes 45 - 60 minutes. A few people said that.

Remember JW is the source for the delivery time so who knows if the times are even when he dropped off/if he dropped off the money at the house. Clearly DW got the money but who knows when he got it.

But then wouldn't LE know that? Wouldn't they have had sufficient time to interview the accountant. Why would LE say "I don't know."

I think LE says IDK to the defense when they want to shut down certain lines of questioning during the hearing. It does not matter at this point, to the question of DW being taken to a trial. So they will just shrug and say IDK if they don't want the defense to take them down a rabbit hole. JMO

OK, none of this is making sense. If he didn't get the money until 9:50, how did he deliver it at 10:20 when everyone has said it takes at least 45 - 60 minutes to get to the house from where he was?

36 minutes delivery time (9:50 text and 10:26 text) correlates with time estimate for that time of day according to Google Maps.

In SW docs, it is stated that JW first met the accountant at the AIW office in Hyattsville before they both proceeded to the bank. Is it possible some cash was exchanged there before proceeding to the bank? I also believe it's possible that money was obtained at the house and/or valuables later exchanged for cash.

It's possible... but the SWs say that JW says he got $40K from the accountant's pockets and delivered $40k to the house. Either he lied (which is hard to believe, ha ha hah), and he got some money at the bank and some before that or else he had more $ and did something else with it, and also that it was $40k or else he somehow knew how much he would be picking up at the bank and that's what he told W-2 even though it was only $20K as the original charging docs seemed to suggest.

Didn't MSM say he left for NYC on a bus the day before he was arrested in DC (after his $1000 cab ride back)? The arrest warrant was granted and sealed on May 19th. I know his face and name hit MSM on May 20th, if not before. I don't see the date that the arrest warrant was unsealed. I found the BMW SW was also issued and sealed on May 19th and unsealed on May 29th. According to WTOP, "The police issued a news release late Wednesday, May 20, 2015, saying they are looking for Wint in connection with last Thursday's quadruple homicide..." http://wtop.com/dc/2015/05/suspect-identified-in-northwest-d-c-quadruple-homicide/
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Suspect-Identified-in-DC-Quadruple-Slaying-304509351.html

There are two conflicting reports on when DW arrived in NY. CNN reports that his GF said he arrived Weds, which would be the 20th. However a New York source reported that he arrived on Sun, which would be the 17th. His receipt for the immigration lawyer is dated May 16, Saturday.

May 20 Wednesday - SandraRose Wint arrives at his girlfriend’s house in Brooklyn, NY By Bus.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/21/us/dc-house-fire-money-motive/

Wint’s girlfriend told police he stayed with her in Brooklyn since Sunday.
http://sandrarose.com/2015/05/d-c-m...s-on-expensive-cab-ride-from-brooklyn-to-d-c/

I think you misunderstand what I'm saying. If LE has indeed cleared JW, as many here believe...then, they know how they cleared him and possess the evidence to prove it.

So if DW and his lawyer try to mount a defense that JW is the perp, LE and the DA are well prepared with evidence to shoot that down in flames.

Therefore they will be JW's "best friend" in asserting his innocence...if they KNOW he is truly innocent. (Which many here say they do.)

Ok, too many post today. I understand your post now. Thanks for setting me straight.

36 minutes delivery time (9:50 text and 10:26 text) correlates with time estimate for that time of day according to Google Maps.

In that scenario there would be no stopping to buy a manilla envelope, so I guess one would have just happened to be in the BMW. Not something I tend to have floating around my car, but who knows.

I think LE says IDK to the defense when they want to shut down certain lines of questioning during the hearing. It does not matter at this point, to the question of DW being taken to a trial. So they will just shrug and say IDK if they don't want the defense to take them down a rabbit hole. JMO

Agree. The only purpose of this hearing is to give enough reason to hold DW for trial, not try the case

Why did the Detective answer "I don't know." The bank has had weeks to tell them they made special arrangements. As would the Acccountant who actually picked up the money.

They answer ' I don't Know' when they don't want to further certain lines of questioning by the defense. This is just the preliminary hearing and these side issues have no bearing on the main issue, which is 'will DW go to trial for murder.' Sometimes the state does not want to get taken down side roads so they just shrug and say IDK.

Agree. The only purpose of this hearing is to give enough reason to hold DW for trial, not try the case

Does anyone know if defense can quote pretrial testimony at the trial? Or can they just use it in that it gives them a sense of what they have to work with?

Here's yet another source -- Washington Times article linked by TexMex above:

"The driver’s descriptions of how he received the money and when he was last in touch with Savvas Savopoulos have changed over the course of the investigation. Mr. Ago questioned how the driver could have sent a text message containing a photo of the $40,000 cash he received to his girlfriend at 9 a.m. the morning of the homicides when he was not seen on bank surveillance video where the cash withdrawal was made until 9:50 a.m. that day."

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ion-slayings-due-back-in-court/#ixzz3gSjVyT6z
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

I mean, I would hope LE checked both the phone timestamps and the times on the security camera. I think banks tend to be pretty careful about timestamps on their cameras, but who knows.

I wonder if this was a case of "what would you say if I told you...." ala Perry Mason.

"how could JW have done such and such a thing before he got it?" The only answer would be "he couldn't have".

Depending on how it's worded, a question doesn't mean it's a statement of truth.

Ummm... don't you think LE would have figured that out? I would hope so.

Easy to do. First off just by looking at the phone. And all records would be cross-referenced with others' phone records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1