DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in what will happen next. Maybe those of you who are much more experienced in watching these cases can comment.

Will LE formally or through leaks "clear" JW if indeed they know for a fact that he is innocent. Or will they just stay silent until this gets to trial, leaving JW twisting in the wind till then?

When I posted that I thought after releasing the SW that, if they had found nothing incriminating that surely they would have ended the very intense media speculation, many here said they never do that.

Okay.

So now in addition to all the media hype about JW, we have the defense making "a case" of sorts against him.

Will there still be silence? I mean if they have "moved on" and know JW was not involved?

They will probably let him twist in the wind. Especially since he lied to them.

I guess that explains Hanover.

But Hanover wasn't hired until Saturday, June 13, by DW mom and siblings

The man charged in the slayings of a family and their housekeeper inside a Northwest D.C. mansion has two new lawyers.
Defense attorney Sean Hanover of Fairfax, Virginia, said he was retained on Saturday by the family of 34-year-old Daron Dylon Wint.
During a hearing Tuesday, Wint was granted motion for new counsel, both the new defense attorney and a new immigration attorney. Wint was born in Guyana and is a permanent U.S. resident.
He had previously been represented by public defenders. The new lawyers were hired by Wint's mother and siblings.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Mansion-Murder-Suspect-Hires-New-Attorney-307487411.html

Err... is that what happened in the OJ case?

Speaking in general to a defense built out of nothing in the face of overwhelming evidence . Not exactly the same, as I said, somewhat akin.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't get that. weird.

Maybe it's different wads of cash. The defense wouldn't have learned that on WS. So not sure why else they would think that except maybe it is because of the time if the text based on phone records and the time of the BofA surveillance video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the Washington Times article, we don't know what Detective Owens answered. All we know is what the Defense Attorney Ago asked.

"... Mr. Ago questioned (Detective Owens) how the driver could have sent a text message containing a photo of the $40,000 cash he received to his girlfriend at 9 a.m. the morning of the homicides when he was not seen on bank surveillance video where the cash withdrawal was made until 9:50 a.m. that day."​

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ion-slayings-due-back-in-court/#ixzz3gSkBZizE

WAPO attributed a direct quote that answers "I don't know."

Ago questioned Owens regarding a text message that Wallace sent his girlfriend at 9 a.m. on May 14. In that text message, Wallace took a picture of the cash inside a red-lined bookbag. But according to a bank video, Wallace did not obtain the cash until around 9:45 a.m. leaving Ago to question how it was possible for Wallace to send a picture of the money if he did not receive it until 45 minutes later. “I don’t know,”Owens said.

WAPO..http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...9ec_story.html

It's really hard to set a smart phones internal clock to anything different than the real time. It corrects itself.

I'm thinking they'd have times from the mobile provider and the phone itself.

OK, none of this is making sense. If he didn't get the money until 9:50, how did he deliver it at 10:20 when everyone has said it takes at least 45 - 60 minutes to get to the house from where he was?
Everyone didn't say it takes 45 - 60 minutes. A few people said that.

Could one of them have a phone that is registered in a different time zone?

I doubt it...but this is really something that makes no sense, so I am grasping! LOL!!

An alternative is that the bank's video is wrong. The only way to know what time is correct is both the sending phone and the receiving phone say the same time? As many problems as Verizon has delivering messages, voicemails and direct phone calls, I trust their timeclock more than my wall clock or the clocks on my little standalone security cameras.

That's even weird question for Ago to pose. I thought you're not supposed to ask questions if you don't already know the answer.
How does the defense explain it if they say JW had the cash before the bank opened? Maybe someone at the bank tweaked the clock.
Weeks ago, we discussed that banks will sometimes conduct business outside of normal business hours and that the AIW employee may have been in the bank before opening. Also, did I misunderstand that Ago is saying the bank video shows JW himself getting the cash?

How about the possibility that JW's phone was set one hour fast? Naah, too easy.

I think more than just JW's phone would have had to be set an hour fast - the phone records would also have to have the wrong time stamp, on both his and W2's phones. Is it possible JW received $40,000 from the bank and more from the accountant beforehand? TOTAL SPECULATION - DON'T THROW TOMATOES! That is a very strange set of circumstances so trying to figure out how everything we know thus far could be accurate.

Everyone didn't say it takes 45 - 60 minutes. A few people said that.

OK. There are a few locals posting here. Based on your comment, I am gonna say you are local. So how long do you say it takes?

It still makes no sense that he could have taken the photo before he got the money. Period. It wasn't a text with no photo...it was the photo was sent, the GF asked how much and he responded. We know he was given $40K which has been verified.

How could he have taken a photo of the cash and answered the correct amount before he got the cash?

He could have somehow been told how much it was...but how could he take a photo? It isn't making any sense.

Maybe the accountant had some money he had taken from an office safe or a different account, and he gave it to JW before they went into the Bof A, where they took out the 40k?

Here's yet another source -- Washington Times article linked by TexMex above:

"The driver’s descriptions of how he received the money and when he was last in touch with Savvas Savopoulos have changed over the course of the investigation. Mr. Ago questioned how the driver could have sent a text message containing a photo of the $40,000 cash he received to his girlfriend at 9 a.m. the morning of the homicides when he was not seen on bank surveillance video where the cash withdrawal was made until 9:50 a.m. that day."

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ion-slayings-due-back-in-court/#ixzz3gSjVyT6z
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

I mean, I would hope LE checked both the phone timestamps and the times on the security camera. I think banks tend to be pretty careful about timestamps on their cameras, but who knows.

BBM: I served on a jury where the case included bank drive-up footage. The time stamp for Daylight Savings was never adjusted.

per NBC4 Hanover says he was not the lawyer that got the retainer money.

They will probably let him twist in the wind. Especially since he lied to them.

Plus, if defense spends a lot of time on that angle, the prosecution can come in at trial and shoot it down. I believe if the investigation uncovers exculpatory evidence for the defendant, they have to provide it to the defense. I don't think that is the case if we're talking about a witness. Any lawyers out there want to step in with more accurate information? Please? TIA!

And, there are three Time-stamps involved. The Bank, JW, and his girlfriend.

The attorney can say anything he wants to say, as we know from the OJ trial, the Casey Anthony trial, and the Jodi Arias trial, to name a few.

WAPO attributed a direct quote that answers "I don't know."

Ago questioned Owens regarding a text message that Wallace sent his girlfriend at 9 a.m. on May 14. In that text message, Wallace took a picture of the cash inside a red-lined bookbag. But according to a bank video, Wallace did not obtain the cash until around 9:45 a.m. leaving Ago to question how it was possible for Wallace to send a picture of the money if he did not receive it until 45 minutes later. “I don’t know,”Owens said.

WAPO..http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...9ec_story.html

WOW! This is the most interesting information to come out of the prelim.

THANK YOU! I knew that was a red herring. Would have pointed to LE being extremely careless in announcing "no forced entry" early on, if there was evidence of a break in. So glad we can put one detail to rest.
Yes, but, now we're back to HOW did DW get access into the home?

Yes! Finally makes sense! Ficker was out there lobbying for the job and DW had already hired Hanover. Of course, it looks like DW hired Hanover for immigration issues and Ficker was trying to get the felony murder defense job. No wonder Hanover always looked like he was in over his head. He was!

Well, if it's true - and it looks like it could be - that the receipt for the immigration lawyer was for Hanover, why did Hanover say he was contacted by the family saying they "needed help with the DC mansion murder (I hate that title)" ? He even went so far as to claim he didn't know what they were talking about until he looked it up.

Could Hanover be backpedaling the fact that he was already hired by DW before he was arrested? Interesting. I'm still so curious as to why anyone involved in four murders would hire a newly minted lawyer who specializes in immigration.

ETA: okay, someone just posted that Hanover denies it was him. yeahyeah my grammar.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member