DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he posted a picture 45 minutes before he got $40K from the bank, maybe he got additional $$ elsewhere before he went to the bank for the $40K. Maybe there was a total of $40K from bank PLUS whatever he received earlier elsewhere, and the total $$ in play are actually in excess of $40K.

Are we sure this person didn't just screw up their tweet?? Maybe she meant after.

Hah. Another 1 K could be accounted for. That only leaves 8 K not accounted for. That could also provide a motive for why DW urgently needed money all of the sudden. Immigration lawyer.
So, 30 K recovered in the truck and car.
1K reportedly given for a taxi ride.
1.1 K given to immigration lawyer.
Only 8 K (actually, 7.9 K) still not accounted for.

"Upon being arrested, prosecutors say Wint had a receipt for $1,100 that he had apparently paid to an immigration attorney as a retainer. That receipt was dated May 16, two days after the slayings."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/husband-strangled-dc-mansion-slayings-prosecutors/story?id=32571700

How dumb is this guy to think an immigration lawyer is going to help him and where did the lawyer disappear to?. I wonder if it was Ficker. ;)
The video at this link was from July 20. However the text is from today. There is no talking head to go with the text nor is there an author. I think we will have to sift through a lot of MSM reports to learn everything that happened today. TV reporters are accustomed to taping everything and get lost when they have to take notes. That's a down side of Smart phone technology. It makes people dumb.

Ago questioned Owens regarding a text message that Wallace sent his girlfriend at 9 a.m. on May 14. In that text message, Wallace took a picture of the cash inside a red-lined bookbag. But according to a bank video, Wallace did not obtain the cash until around 9:45 a.m. leaving Ago to question how it was possible for Wallace to send a picture of the money if he did not receive it until 45 minutes later. “I don’t know,”Owens said.

WAPO..http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...31d64c-2cc4-11e5-a5ea-cf74396e59ec_story.html

If it's true, what isn't curious about it? If the text was 45 minutes before the actual hand-off, how would he know how much money he was going to get? Has to be wrong, or else it's pretty much the most interesting thing that's happened in this case, IMO.

I think it is likely that they meant it was taken 45 minutes before he DELIVERED it. But that is just my take on the situation. How could he take a photo of the money before he got it? LOL!!

Are we sure this person didn't just screw up their tweet?? Maybe she meant after.

There were at least two tweets from different people, but perhaps the one I posted was just a copy, IDK. Makes no sense.

For those who haven't followed trial by tweet (I'm thinking specifically of the Jodi Arias case), we would often find out that what was tweeted was sometimes very different than what was actually said in court. Or two tweeters sitting next to each other would tweet out different things. Or some would catch nuances that others did not. Ad nauseam. Trial by tweet stinks.

Lmao ! That was the photo of the CSI collection can that looked like a fifty gallon garbage can . Playing to the jury pool !

Right! IIRC the sw return stated the pizza box was found in the room with three of the victims

Ago questioned Owens regarding a text message that Wallace sent his girlfriend at 9 a.m. on May 14. In that text message, Wallace took a picture of the cash inside a red-lined bookbag. But according to a bank video, Wallace did not obtain the cash until around 9:45 a.m. leaving Ago to question how it was possible for Wallace to send a picture of the money if he did not receive it until 45 minutes later. “I don’t know,”Owens said.

WAPO..

That just doesn't make any sense.

N

WAPO..http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...31d64c-2cc4-11e5-a5ea-cf74396e59ec_story.html

Hmmmm. No explanation or correction from LE.

Now this is curious. I am suspicious of JW but a lot of that has to do with the selective release of the SWs, the fact that the traveling circus has not been arrested and our general lack of information.

But one would think that DW blaming JW is a very risky strategy if JW is innocent. JW will have been investigated upside down and sideways and if LE can clear him now...they will certainly have the evidence to destroy DW's claims to DUST in court.

DW should know that they know by now how many fillings JW has in his molars. JW was significantly on LE's radar.

This is very strange. Unless DW can provide LE with something to implicate JW in some small part and now he's trying to enhance JW's participation.

I know, but if this gets to trial, they only have to convince one juror :( But, to repeat what we all know, that don't mean a hill o' beans as far as getting him off the hook for murder.

I have no idea why they (guilty peeps) don't just plead guilty and get it done with.

I find it curious and hilarious that the defense wants to pin the tail on JW, but it's not JW's DNA at the crime scene and elsewhere. :thinking: I wonder why the defense isn't arguing DNA? Has anything be said about DNA so far?

I just don't get why bring anybody else into this at all? Not a damn thing will make a difference exonerate DW or prove he wasn't there and didn't do anything. No defense witnesses? Oh, this is just so frustrating to be wasting all this time and taxpayer resources to play "what if" in court.

For those who haven't followed trial by tweet (I'm thinking specifically of the Jodi Arias case), we would often find out that what was tweeted was sometimes very different than what was actually said in court. Or two tweeters sitting next to each other would tweet out different things. Or some would catch nuances that others did not. Ad nauseam. Trial by tweet stinks.

I've seen it go both ways. Coverage of the Petit case by tweet was excellent, but they were live-tweeting. I can see it would be tough if they are covering a lot of other things/not paying as close attention as we are to the case in general and also having to reconstruct things from notes, it would be hard to get everything right. However, in the case of the 45 minutes before/after, the upthread quote from the Washington Post seems to suggest that it really was 45 minutes before.

The disparity in the times probably has to do with time-stamps used by different software applications.

How can DW expect a defense when he's not talking? Is he just going
to roll over?

Given the charge, I don't think there's anything DW can do to avoid punishment for felony murder. Could he be concentrating more on how his life will be in prison? If he is known to have kept his mouth shut = gangster hero. If he talks = lifetime of being known as a snitch. IDK, just trying to understand what he might be thinking. It appears to me that DW may not be speaking with his attorneys at all and they are trying to build a case without his cooperation.

The disparity in the times probably has to do with time-stamps used by different software applications.

I would HOPE LE is a bit more careful than that, but it makes no sense as interesting as I think it would be!

I don't believe anyone got the money but the murderer, Wint.

And the claims made by the defense attorney makes no sense. Surely he realizes by law it doesn't matter if the suspect was scammed out of the hostage demand money by someone else although I don't think there is any evidence of that. Wint would still be 100% culpable and still be eligible to be convicted of murder X four.

Like I have said from the very beginning, I don't think there is any evidence pointing to anyone else doing these unspeakable crimes. Imo, Wint will be the only one charged because that is where the investigation has now led them. What they may have surmised earlier in the investigation always evolves as the ongoing investigation moves forward.

He was found with over 30K in his possession and he was on the lam for days before being caught. I am sure at the time he shared his blood money with others plus he paid over a $1,000 for a cab iirc.

I think once the trial begins the DA will be able to account for most of the 40K given to Wint. That may be why they haven't arrested those that were with him. They probably have agreed to testify for the State and at least tell what money he spent when he was with them.

IMO

It has been speculated a lot here that DW left the house with goods and cash exceeding $40,000. I really don't know if DW received all the ransom money, but even if he didn't, could he have left the house with jewelry, cash from safe, etc., so that even if JW or someone else kept $20,000 of the ransom money, LE could still recover $30,000 from the convoy?

Also, I agree DW will be eligible to be convicted of all four murders as soon as he is charged with the other three. I'm interested to see if they're waiting until the first trial is over to bring additional charges or if they will try all four murders at once.

Could one of them have a phone that is registered in a different time zone?

I doubt it...but this is really something that makes no sense, so I am grasping! LOL!!

I would think that LE has had sufficient time to note the exact time by now and taken any disparity into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1