DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, so he could admit to conspiring to engage in unarmed housebreaking and/or grand theft auto, which would be felonies outside the DC felony murder rule. I'd say that with what we know so far the evidence does point to weapons being acquired on-scene rather than brought there (though we don't know about the knife in the trash as to whether it was brought there or came from there), so there potentially could be a defense there of saying he was there for an unarmed home invasion and stealing cars but it was others who subsequently got armed and did the killing, so even though he'd be admitting a felony it wouldn't be one that falls under felony murder. I don't know that it would be a successful defense, but depending on what the evidence shows it may not be a defense that has no hope of success. The defense already has the prosecution insisting there were others involved, so they're going to have specifically prove he personally committed one or more of the underlying felonies (I think he did, but so far I haven't heard evidence showing that he specifically did rather than a member of the group did one or more of the qualifying felonies).

Hope his fingerprint or DNA is on some of the duct tape. If he had a knife in his backpack (he always seems to have a knife with him) = felony. If he restrained them = kidnapping = felony. Robbery = felony. Set the fire = arson = felony. If DW isn't talking, they're going to have a hard time finding someone else to pin all of these actions on. If he went in through the front door, wouldn't GTA qualify as robbery?

I think once he spent the night, he gave up his chance to plea he was just there to steal cars.

Glass breaking at 5:56... and smh smh this was one more signal ...

:pullhair: so many signs and signals and not one dayum one was caught until the fire .

How how how tragic is this case . One which will not have any electronics from court to follow

Does anyone think it's possible that there was a struggle inside and that's how it was broken or maybe SS broke it on purpose knowing it sends a signal? Do we know if it was broken from inside or outside?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was obvious to the first responders instantly, but that's not question. The question is when did LE first publicly put out an APB about the car, which I don't believe LE started looking for information about the car until after it was found rather than the car being publicly reported stolen and then subsequently found burned.

We probably wont know until the trial. But the PD probably put a BOLO out on the radio scanner for the stolen Porsche pretty quickly. They knew about it right away and it was their best opportunity to catch the killer.

I can easily see DW sitting at the computer listening to the police scanner and hearing they are looking for the stolen car. His first reaction might be to go torch it out of fear that they will get his DNA. JMO

I think "mastermind" isn't a very accurate description of whoever planned this crime. :) I don't think DW wore a mask, either, because I think he came in through the front door. I would assume the S family had a security system, but I wouldn't have assumed they had a safe. I don't think it's terribly common for people to have one of those giant safes at their house, unless they run a cash heavy business like a restaurant, where they might have to take home receipts before the bank opens. How do you think DW would know there was a safe? Or just a lucky guess on his part? Pretty insane that the safe would have been visible from the street if the garage door was open - especially if it's true that they left the garage doors open all the time. But, consider the source... I might have just answered my own question.

If DW hadn't set the house on fire, driving the Porsche away from the crime was a fine exit plan. The only reason LE was looking for the car is because someone noticed it was missing because of the fire. Whoever planned this crime, ahead of time or on the fly, obviously didn't think about how one aspect could affect another. Setting the house on fire to eliminate evidence - good idea. Doing it right before you take off in a stolen car - bad idea.

I know I'll get yelled at, and DW is a violent psychopath, but when I read about DW making those threats against children, I thought of it as posturing meant to scare the adults because nothing is more frightening than one's child being threatened. He may have meant it, but it's not necessary for him to have been really thinking about murdering children to make those kinds of threats in a rage. The people who got orders of protection all later let DW live with them, so it's hard to know how seriously they even took the threats. It's only because of what DW did to PS that I know he has the capacity and will to carry out that kind of violence against a child. Before that, I would have thought it was just more of his psycho-angry raging.

I agree! Pre-S family DW was like tens of thousands of other men his age -domestic abuse, run in's with the law. Could someone else have started fires after DW left and torched the Porsche to draw attention to DW as fall guy? Could someone have taken a slice of pizza from another occasion and put it in the box in the trash?

Hope his fingerprint or DNA is on some of the duct tape. If he had a knife in his backpack (he always seems to have a knife with him) = felony. If he restrained them = kidnapping = felony. Robbery = felony. Set the fire = arson = felony. If DW isn't talking, they're going to have a hard time finding someone else to pin all of these actions on. If he went in through the front door, wouldn't GTA qualify as robbery?

I think once he spent the night, he gave up his chance to plea he was just there to steal cars.

SI is talking about JW---and I think you are talking about DW? Whose on first?

I agree! Pre-S family DW was like tens of thousands of other men his age -domestic abuse, run in's with the law. Could someone else have started fires after DW left and torched the Porsche to draw attention to DW as fall guy? Could someone have taken a slice of pizza from another occasion and put it in the box in the trash?

How did DW get the 30k in hundreds from the bank drop off?

Does anyone think it's possible that there was a struggle inside and that's how it was broken or maybe SS broke it on purpose knowing it sends a signal? Do we know if it was broken from inside or outside?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it is a mystery. But something happened to stop the police from coming.

We probably wont know until the trial. But the PD probably put a BOLO out on the radio scanner for the stolen Porsche pretty quickly. They knew about it right away and it was their best opportunity to catch the killer.

I can easily see DW sitting at the computer listening to the police scanner and hearing they are looking for the stolen car. His first reaction might be to go torch it out of fear that they will get his DNA. JMO

And yet, even with time to think, DW sets it on fire within 100 yards of his own residence. SMH

I don't see him behind a computer at all. Maybe on his phone he saw something.

SI is talking about JW---and I think you are talking about DW? Whose on first?

Not again! Yes, I was talking about DW. I'm trying to figure out how brining JW into the crime absolves DW of guilt in DW's attorneys' minds... Now I have to go back and see what SI really meant.

Just have to say this for the record..Its a shame DW didn't just decide to be a rapper. He probably would have been really good at it
With that note, whatever perp did this...DW? JW? et al... My heart bleeds for the loss of the SS family- such wonderful people who really were pillars of their community.

SS undoubtedly gave tons of jobs to people as well as youth who needed work. His dojo was a brilliant vision to be able to teach youth & those with an interest ways to focus their lives & give them fantastic skills to take with them. He found so many ways to employ people & he was so trusting. The money obtained in this horrendous crime does not EVEN Remotely match the great things SS would have done for others with it & the lifetime he would have had to continuously affect others in positive ways. Not that any crime is good, but this ONE was one touching upon effecting others w such a magnitude of proportions. The perp took away so many jobs from people & changed the lives of so many who worked for his companies. This will have a ripple effect on many many people in the area. Too bad perps don't ever see the bigger picture.

How did DW get the 30k in hundreds from the bank drop off?

Did he have it or did the others have it? Wasn't it in the truck? I'm just playing devil's advocate today... like FelicityLemon does for JW! ;)

And yet, even with time to think, DW sets it on fire within 100 yards of his own residence. SMH

Well, he did torch it where there were no cameras, he just chose to run home on the path that had cameras. He's disorganized with not much foresight.

I think it is a mystery. But something happened to stop the police from coming.

If the alarm was off and a pane of glass broke, it might be recorded by the system, but it wouldn't cause the alarm company to call. The company only calls if something happens while the alarm is armed IMO.

If the alarm was off and a pane of glass broke, it might be recorded by the system, but it wouldn't cause the alarm company to call. The company only calls if something happens while the alarm is armed IMO.

& that rkf would depend entirely on how state of the art the system was, or how antiquated it was. Sometimes a shattered pane of glass can send an alarm signal straight to the company even if it is not armed. Every alarm has its idiosyncrasies.

Just have to say this for the record..Its a shame DW didn't just decide to be a rapper. He probably would have been really good at it
With that note, whatever perp did this...DW? JW? et al... My heart bleeds for the loss of the SS family- such wonderful people who really were pillars of their community.

SS undoubtedly gave tons of jobs to people as well as youth who needed work. His dojo was a brilliant vision to be able to teach youth & those with an interest ways to focus their lives & give them fantastic skills to take with them. He found so many ways to employ people & he was so trusting. The money obtained in this horrendous crime does not EVEN Remotely match the great things SS would have done for others with it & the lifetime he would have had to continuously affect others in positive ways. Not that any crime is good, but this ONE was one touching upon effecting others w such a magnitude of proportions. The perp took away so many jobs from people & changed the lives of so many who worked for his companies. This will have a ripple effect on many many people in the area. Too bad perps don't ever see the bigger picture.

I agree! Extremely sad and disturbing and what brought me to this site to seek justice and share with likeminded people. I have so much admiration and respect for the courage of SS's daughter to sit in the same courtroom with someone as evil as DW. I'd be scared to death and so upset, and especially at her young age. These girls are so strong and brave!

I don't see him behind a computer at all. Maybe on his phone he saw something.

Maybe not. But he had MySpace and then was active on Facebook for years. And he was a community college student and did Marine Boot camp. All of the above sound like Computer activities to me. IDK but I think he might have purposely put on the police scanner which criminals often do, after committing a crime. He had just killed four people. He had to be nervous about how much the cops knew. JMO

I know that LE is saying that the person walking away from the burning Porsche (carrying a white bucket) is DW. I am not convinced. The person in the video seems more slender in the torso than DW. DW has fairly muscular arms and torso...the image in the video could almost be a woman IMO.

Did he have it or did the others have it? Wasn't it in the truck? I'm just playing devil's advocate today... like FelicityLemon does for JW! ;)

He had the 1,100 needed to pay his immigration attorney. I bet it was paid in hundreds. And reportedly he paid the cabbie 1000 bucks to go to NYC.

His own brother told LE that DW HAD THE MONEY. I think he is toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1