DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.mva.maryland.gov/about-mva/info/58000VEI/58000-06T.htm

I forget where the Mosler was registered (DC or MD), but the MD page does have registration listed as what to bring with for an emissions test. Not really defending JW here, just noticed it is in fact listed as something that could be needed- especially since it says test notice and/or reg card, maybe it would just be easier for him to have the reg than worry about getting the test notice? IDK

"What should I bring for the test?

You should bring your vehicle, the test notice, and/or your registration card, along with the test fee. You can pay your test fee by cash, MasterCard, VISA, American Express, check (made payable to VEIP), money order or traveler's check."

It was registered in MD. The emissions test was performed late December 2014 or early January 2015 before JW started working for SS.

MoslerEmissions.jpg

No. I tried valiantly to find that pool a long time ago, using Google Maps to look behind - let's just say - all sorts of people's apartment complexes, on streets like Maple Ave. Schools, too. It's definitely not from the 85th Ave apartments. Those are very rectangular. You'll notice the edge is curved. It looks like the back of an abandoned school or older office building, maybe an apartment. He shot another video, one of the earliest ones, skate boarding. It could be from that area somewhere which I think is up by where he lived with his…. where he lived.

Interesting you had the same thought!

Yeah, I didn't like how in the video the camera man asked if he wanted to say hi to someone and he said hi to his mom and said "give me more money". He may not be a suspect but i still don't like him and think he's suspicious in general the way he's living his life.

Yeah, I didn't like how in the video the camera man asked if he wanted to say hi to someone and he said hi to his mom and said "give me more money". He may not be a suspect but i still don't like him and think he's suspicious in general the way he's living his life.

Yes, he couldn't have situated himself any more perfectly to look really bad in all this. I just wonder where he is? It's radio silence. Can LE put a gag order on you so you don't mess up their case even if you are not officially named as a part of it?

I noticed that, too -- right after he said he loved his mom and wasn't trying to kill himself. 28-year-old men certainly seem to behave differently now than when I was 28!

ITA. I would expect him to find a detective right away to tell him/her what happened that morning. It seems like that's what the accountant and W2 may have done upon learning about the fire/murders. Did NG see him at the scene? Where did he go?

Is it possible that that is when he was being questioned by police? Between maybe 3pm and 6:30 or so? I've never seen a time for when that occurred.

Yes, he couldn't have situated himself any more perfectly to look really bad in all this. I just wonder where he is? It's radio silence. Can LE put a gag order on you so you don't mess up their case even if you are not officially named as a part of it?

Everything we're seeing is stuff JW put out on SM, after selecting and editing from all the footage filmed. He posted it because he wanted the public to see it and support him in his endeavors. None of this was posted by someone who wanted to show JW in the worst possible light.

Rkf, you are an astounding wealth of information. :)

yes rkf, you contribute so much to this thread, I'm always, always
amazed at your rock star sleuthing abilities! Thank you

Another WSer had access to records that showed the BMW was in his mom's name. The car was last purchased in October 2013.
View attachment 78681
JW is not very knowledgeable about cars if he couldn't get his own car past emissions with two tests in a week's time frame.

Everything we're seeing is stuff JW put out on SM, after selecting and editing from all the footage filmed. He posted it because he wanted the public to see it and support him in his endeavors. None of this was posted by someone who wanted to show JW in the worst possible light.

I agree.
I'm sort of thinking of his incredible, unbelievable, incomprehensible string of bad luck by association. ;) Which of course could be the case. If you can get past all the strange timing, place associations, employer associations, etc., and so much more. How does one get that unlucky? Is it possible??

ETA I think there is at least a connection here that has to do with boasting about his job, either to a common acquaintance or perhaps on SM that was followed and linked.... Something put SS back on DW's radar at this particular time. It's just too much of a coincidence for me.
ETA again - and could also be more. Even if he's not a "suspect."

Haha. I have no life. I am obsessed with this case. :(

I have "retired" myself from it several times. Locked myself out of the site to get my regular life done. It takes over the mind….

I watched those videos too and kept thinking...how is he paying for all this? The clothes, the toys, the sunglasses, the weekends here and there, the travel expenses, the BMW....

I searched for him on that Arena Racing website and there's a few mentions for 2014 but nothing after that comes up.

No 2015 races. Wonder what happened there?

I'd like to know lots more about these sponsorships and exactly what they provided. Was he already having to cut back before he lost his job? How was he going to get to California and Italy in the races this year that he planned to attend?

Did he have an apartment? Or live, at 28, with Dad or with Mom, in that house she was selling?

Just so many questions.
A typical sponsorship in Arena racing could go anywhere from 20K to 50K per year in order to do it right. A kart sponsorship would amount to about the same dollars. If JW was attempting to do both, then 100K would be the top end. JW's statements about the Skip Barber school meant training in a lower NASCAR series or in Indy lights and a full sponsorship in either of those series could approach a quarter milllion easily.

PS was getting the very high end from his father to learn and go racing in karts. Google Paul Menard to see a comparison. I strongly suspect that JW approached SS about sponsorships and was turned down(as SS had other expense streams like children's education, the dojo and PS's racing. IMO, the turndown was the genesis point for everything that's happened.

More on legal definition of suspect.

Suspect Law & Legal Definition

In criminal law, a suspect is someone who is under suspicion, often formally announced as being under investigation by law enforcement officials. Probable cause for an arrest exists when the facts and circumstances within the arresting officer's knowledge are sufficient to warrant a prudent person to believe that a suspect has committed, is committing, or is about to commit a crime.

Once a person is determined to be a prime suspect (the person believed most likely to have committed the crime), the police must be careful to give the "Miranda warnings," or or else any statements or admissions by the suspect may be excluded from evidence in trial. Once a suspect under arrest tell a law enforcement officer that he wants an attorney, all interrogation must cease, subject to certain exceptions.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/suspect/

It appears someone does not have to be mirandized until they are a "suspect". That seems like a good reason to hold off calling someone a suspect until all the evidence is in. JMO

And the big thing why LE (and others) might not want to call a person a suspect is lawsuits.

http://www.live5news.com/story/22488017/former-yale-teacher-called-suspect-settles-lawsuit

A former Yale University lecturer who was named as a suspect but never charged in the 1998 killing of a student has settled his lawsuit against the university and New Haven police.

The prosecution doesn't get to pick it's witnesses. However mocked, ridiculed, sleuthed JW is he still at the end of the day is a witness in this case. He's not a suspect. IMO the defense will be using similar research to muddy the waters for DW if the prelim is any indication. JMO but I don't want to assist their efforts just because it's possible to find information on JW and we are not permitted to sleuth anyone else. Four people died apparently because DW wanted to take their hard earned money from them possibly to use it to fight deportation he feared would result from his March arrest. He thankfully was caught thanks to hard working police. The sooner he's tried and put away for life the better.

I have "retired" myself from it several times. Locked myself out of the site to get my regular life done. It takes over the mind….

We are a group of likeminded folks obsessed with getting justice for these great people whose lives were cut off far too soon!

Is it possible that that is when he was being questioned by police? Between maybe 3pm and 6:30 or so? I've never seen a time for when that occurred.

I don't think so, because LE became aware of him when he approached them to tell them his car was behind the crime scene tape. That would have been after the hours that LE said he went somewhere else and came back. Does anyone know where to find a MSM article quoting LE as saying JW would have had to park the car and then come back hours later? I'm looking and can't find it, but I know I didn't imagine it.

I don't think so, because LE became aware of him when he approached them to tell them his car was behind the crime scene tape. That would have been after the hours that LE said he went somewhere else and came back. Does anyone know where to find a MSM article quoting LE as saying JW would have had to park the car and then come back hours later? I'm looking and can't find it, but I know I didn't imagine it.

I don't remember anything that showed JW left scene of fire and returned being on the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1