DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing is stupid. He's barefoot! Reminds me of a slightly more sophisticated version of the "back yard plays" the neighborhood kids would put on in the Summer when we were little. We made all the parents come watch. Must have been painful for them, but we were children in costumes. (BTW I think those are fireworks instead of fake guns - fire shooting out of his hands instead of spider webs?) This video was made in September 2014, so he would have been 27 years old. This is more than just immaturity. The lack of perspective (enjoying doing something you know is silly, but not expecting other people to take it seriously) makes him seem delusional IMO.

I know a lot of 26 and 27 yr olds that LOVE to make weird vids like this. They put them up on parachute or snap chat or vine, and they all watch them and laugh and rate them. THis is the exact age of the kids growing up with MySpace, U-Tube and FaceBook, and GO PRO. There is an entire generation that makes silly vids and no one takes them seriously. It is an art form and for entertainment. I don't see how it makes him delusional. My sons good friends made a silly DR WHO video and one of them is a paramedic for FD, one is LAPD and the other is a CPA. None of them are delusional or criminal minded.

The prosecution doesn't get to pick it's witnesses. However mocked, ridiculed, sleuthed JW is he still at the end of the day is a witness in this case. He's not a suspect. IMO the defense will be using similar research to muddy the waters for DW if the prelim is any indication. JMO but I don't want to assist their efforts just because it's possible to find information on JW and we are not permitted to sleuth anyone else. Four people died apparently because DW wanted to take their hard earned money from them possibly to use it to fight deportation he feared would result from his March arrest. He thankfully was caught thanks to hard working police. The sooner he's tried and put away for life the better.

This explains your point of view very well. You have believed in JW's innocence and posted tirelessly to that effect. You want justice and do not want to give cover to the guilty.

But there is another point of view on this Board. In our way, we are serving the same goals as you. We want justice too...and that means seeing that every single person who played any part in this most heinous crime be exposed. If we believe there is the slightest chance that JW facilitated or participated in this crime, our efforts to sleuth him are NOT in order to assist the defense, but to assist any any small way, that justice be served COMPLETELY in this case.

There have been some excellent "discoveries" and probing questions posed here about JW. I'm interested in reading replies that challenge those posts IN DETAIL and challenge those arguments, directly... with opposing information. I applaud the diligence of those searching for info on JW. The best way to counter is to provide, through ones own "research", intelligent detailed rebuttal.

I think we ALL have the best of motivations here. ALL efforts should be respected and not discouraged or silenced IMO.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it is that weird. I just went to the San Diego Comic-con with my kids, who are 23 and 28. I went with a group and it is NUTZ. People dressed in weird get ups and acting out like Super Heros. And the place was packed. Like a half a million people attended.

So this video is not that disturbing, imo. But I live in Southern Cali. :wink:

I don't care about seeing any videos he's made, I haven't watched them to know he doesn't have anything to do with the murder of four people. We know he's been declared not a suspect in court, on the record, under oath by the Lead Detective. End of story for JW for me. I know not for some. :)

Yeah, baby Comicon! Renaissance Fair! Scottish Fair! Some people live the life outside of the events, not my thing, but no problem for me, more power to them! - I wish I could be so free in spirit as to follow my fun without judgment :D

Maybe it's a 'there by the grace of god go I' kind of thang, for me. :eek:ddsmiley:

If JW is living with a parent, BFD. So do 1 in 3 of that generation, evidently. Just the first 3 Google results just in case. These aren't links, I didn't realize they wouldn't copy over. But, it's not that odd.

Millennials Living at Home
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../millennials-living-at-ho...
The Huffington Post
More than one in three millennials are now living at home with their parents. Some 36 percent of 18- to 31-year-olds have opted to make home home a.
Census Bureau: 30.3% Millennials Still Living With Their ...

www.cnsnews.com/.../census-bureau-303-millen...
Cybercast News Service
Feb 17, 2015 - (CNSNews.com) - 30.3 percent of 18- to 34-year-olds are living with a parent, according to data ... “Millennials are taking a big hit in this economy,” said de Rugy. ... California Power Companies Fear ThisHome Solar Rebates.
Millennials living with parents: It's harder to explain why ...

www.slate.com/.../millennials_living_with_parents_it_s_harder_to_e...
Slate
Feb 10, 2015 - After all, millennials have been moving home in historic droves mostly because of the ... Why Do So Many Millennials Live With Their Parents?

I know a lot of 26 and 27 yr olds that LOVE to make weird vids like this. They put them up on parachute or snap chat or vine, and they all watch them and laugh and rate them. THis is the exact age of the kids growing up with MySpace, U-Tube and FaceBook, and GO PRO. There is an entire generation that makes silly vids and no one takes them seriously. It is an art form and for entertainment. I don't see how it makes him delusional. My sons good friends made a silly DR WHO video and one of them is a paramedic for FD, one is LAPD and the other is a CPA. None of them are delusional or criminal minded.

Do they make these kinds of video as marketing tools for their businesses? This was for the launch of "Broke Racers Club".

Guys, I just want to point out that we ALL want to see justice served for the ENTIRE SS FAMILY AND VF. It's really not about team JW and against. There hasn't been anyone else we are allowed to sleuth here beyond DW and apparently JW. We have even sleuthed NF a bit. The point is we are all human and perceive information, pictures and videos differently. One needs to respect the other even if you do not agree. I believe that JW is innocent since he is not under arrest. I respect others views as well. Team SS and VF!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm sure LE has investigated but they aren't saying, "all clear, move on." In fact, they aren't addressing this timeframe at all. Curious. They began the speculation surrounding the driver with the requests for the search warrants for phone and car. If everything is in order why not just come out and say so? It would seem like the right thing to do.

LOL, maybe they want to continue to dangle JW as bait to have the defense continue spinning it's wheels trying to bring in others to deflect away from his murderous client. Cleared, but not quite? DT on a hamster wheel.

Do they make these kinds of video as marketing tools for their businesses? This was for the launch of "Broke Racers Club".

Yes, if the 'business' is an online one. What is the Broke Racers Club other than an online group of peeps who like to race. Look at the name' Broke Racers' ===it is light hearted entertainment. It is not serious uptight business venture. My 27 yr old and his wife have their big flat screen tv hooked up to the u-tube on their i-phones so they can watch viral videos on a big screen. :facepalm:

I'm hoping they do. There are so many traffic cameras in the DC area (speed cameras, red light cameras, HOV cameras, just general traffic cameras) that I am really, really hoping they got some information on that. I've mentioned this before, so sorry to :deadhorse:

The other thought I just had about the vest is I wonder if he just had it on so if he needed to go get stuff from the garage or outdoors, people would just think he was there working? IDK. Like I said, hard to come up with a logical answer for this...

Yes. Hiding in plain sight.

I can't quite see a motive for JW. Seems like he was thrilled to have this job for SS. Texted/posted etc on SM about how great it was. I don't think he would intentionally be a part of the crime. Maybe unwittingly?

I still thinking leaving and coming back, "hours later" is weird behavior for someone who drove all the way to the scene and for someone who knew people in the house.

I'm not sure what time frame you're talking about, but could he have gotten the call about the fire, raced back to SS home, parked, talked to LE, they "gave him a ride downtown" as they say in the movies, interviewed him for a period of time, then gave him a ride back to his car which was behind the tape?

But, if they knew during the interview (and I believe they did) they were going to impound his car, why take him back there if he couldn't drive it home. I mean, I can think of lots of things (calling gf to get him), but why not give him a ride all the way to his home if they knew he couldn't take his car at that time.

I don't think so, because LE became aware of him when he approached them to tell them his car was behind the crime scene tape. That would have been after the hours that LE said he went somewhere else and came back. Does anyone know where to find a MSM article quoting LE as saying JW would have had to park the car and then come back hours later? I'm looking and can't find it, but I know I didn't imagine it.

"Wallace allegedly returned to the scene of the crime and said his car was parked inside police tape. The detective said that indicated he was there before the tape went up and came hours later. "

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/detectiv...ere-strangled/

We need to remember that there is not a DA. There is a US Attorney. The USA's office has a nexus for Federal charges, and at will may choose to pursue a separate case against anyone involved in several crimes, particularly those that left that beautiful ten year old child dead.

You're welcome

IMO Det. Owens is an experienced investigator. I trust his word under oath. He's investigating a horrific multiple murder. I think he took it very seriously and has evidence to support his statements.
JMO

I don't understand why people don't believe that LE wouldn't have investigated JW up the wazoo immediately. They're trying to catch ALL people involved in this, no matter how peripherally.

LE rarely rarely rarely rarely says "so and so is completely innocent of this, he's not a suspect, we're confident he didn't have anything to do with this either in person or in planning". I do wish they would make those statements in so many cases where people aren't believed innocent until someone else is actually convicted and swears no one else was involved. Sucks to be the person people are looking at when no guilty person is caught for days, weeks, months, years and even decades.

Serious (no snark) questions:

Do people think LE hasn't done a thorough investigation, and if so, why?
Do people think DC investigators aren't good at what they do?
Why think LE hasn't done everything it can possibly do to investigate and follow up on every little thing? They want to solve this and get all the bad guys.
Why do people think JW could still be a suspect?
What could be discovered or connected that wouldn't have been uncovered by now?

Can't you still go to the PD at Ordway and WI for contractor parking passes? Is there still a guest parking hang tag issued in our zone?

Is it possible that that is when he was being questioned by police? Between maybe 3pm and 6:30 or so? I've never seen a time for when that occurred.

It was police that said he left and returned hours later... I would think they would have said 'he left with Officer so-and-so and Officer so-and-so returned him to the scene.'

I still thinking leaving and coming back, "hours later" is weird behavior for someone who drove all the way to the scene and for someone who knew people in the house.

Just because the phone pinged does not mean the BMW did.

Serious (no snark) questions:

Do people think LE hasn't done a thorough investigation, and if so, why?

No. I think LE is still working on the investigation and that they are still investigating JW.

Do people think DC investigators aren't good at what they do?

No.

Why think LE hasn't done everything it can possibly do to investigate and follow up on every little thing?

I think they will, and are still working on it.

They want to solve this and get all the bad guys.

Can you put that in the form of a question? :)

Why do people think JW could still be a suspect?

Because I believe LE is competent and I believe there are too many coincidences and unexplained 'things' for them not to be taking him seriously as a suspect.

What could be discovered or connected that wouldn't have been uncovered by now?

We have no idea what's been uncovered by LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz