DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so, because LE became aware of him when he approached them to tell them his car was behind the crime scene tape. That would have been after the hours that LE said he went somewhere else and came back. Does anyone know where to find a MSM article quoting LE as saying JW would have had to park the car and then come back hours later? I'm looking and can't find it, but I know I didn't imagine it.
I think the only source for that is Websleuths.

Yes, if the 'business' is an online one. What is the Broke Racers Club other than an online group of peeps who like to race. Look at the name' Broke Racers' ===it is light hearted entertainment. It is not serious uptight business venture. My 27 yr old and his wife have their big flat screen tv hooked up to the u-tube on their i-phones so they can watch viral videos on a big screen. :facepalm:

I was under the impression that JW and his buddies actually wanted to grow Broke Racers Club into a "Lifestyle Brand", so they weren't just having fun. JW was out there trying to get sponsors, taking racing classes, trying to learn and make connections (according to his SM). Part of the training at the Skip Barber Karts to Cars competition was about learning how to get sponsors and craft your image off the track. He wasn't just having fun, although I'm sure he wanted to have fun while building his business. In the beginning, they couldn't afford to stock more than t-shirts, sweat shirts and decals, but I got the impression they wanted to expand the BRC into a viable business. I don't think the fact that it's on line makes it any less a serious business venture, but that's just my opinion.

The difference between JW and the people in their 20s that you're talking about, is that they have careers and skills that they use to support themselves (I'm assuming - paramedic, police and accountant.) They make videos to entertain themselves and each other in their spare time, not instead of working at a paying job. These videos were JW's "job". (Yes, he was working at Autobahn, but apparently that was an hourly position that didn't pay particularly well and he couldn't/didn't want to rely on it for long term employment.) He created the videos and websites as marketing tools to promote his "brand" (brands? JT Wallace Racing, Driver Gits, Racer Jordan, Broke Racers Club, etc.), but he didn't really have anything of substance to promote. He wanted to be a race car driver, but didn't have the financial backing to make it happen, and when he did get a chance to be on the track or in front of coaches (like at Skip Barber) he wasn't a stand out. He may have won a few races at some "show up and race" type events, but when he had a chance to shine in front of people who could help him progress, he didn't.

It is really quite sad, as I think he is one of those kids who fell victim to the (post-music) MTV mentality, where a career can be built on personality (or a sex tape) rather than hard work, talent and skill/knowledge. There seem to be a lot of people who have bought into that, some of the same people who often live with their parents in their 20s and 30s because they aren't willing to live in a group house and can't afford cable and XBOX on what they earn themselves. I've said before, it's the equivalent of kids growing up in inner city neighborhoods thinking their ticket out is an NBA career. If someone is 28 and still thinking they're going to make it in the NBA, but they aren't even the best player at the Wednesday night pick-up game, that is delusional IMO.

TexMex said:
My cows say

Attachment 78685
LOL

As cute as that is, I'll be having meatballs for dinner.
(I'm assuming the photographer removed the car)

*Cows and RC car video + Rawhide*
IMO Cows are really dumb animals, almost as dumb as turkeys. :moo::moo::moo::moo::moo::turkey::turkey:

I think 27 is a bit late for this type of behavior....at least for those with real jobs, owning a home etc

My 27 yr old son bought his nice home at 25. He has a great job in Law Enforcement, a wife and a new baby. She teaches college English and is working on her PHD. They love these kinds of weird videos. They are both very responsible and professional types. My son has a very high security clearance after a major government background check. They went over him with a fine tooth comb. I guess they had no problem with the 'behavior' on his part of liking wierd homemade videos.

I totally understand the reasons for being suspicious of JW. But I don't think that video is of any significance in terms of it meaning he is delusional and/or criminally inclined.

It is most definitely the case that this crime was so terribly and brutally heinous. It brings tears and makes me ill all at once to think of what all four victims endured. I have been thinking about something that is so difficult to mention, so if anyone is offended, or thinks it inappropriate, please delete my post.<modsnip>
The only place I've seen that bit about PS is in a comment to an article. I am hoping very much that it is not true. If it is true, I do think there's symbolism, even subconscious. But, I hope it is not.
Good thing Mod snipped the gore. Most MSM reporters are aware but deem it not right for publication.

I agree, it's creepy! Plus the music - Living for the thrill, I'm going in for the kill, and then I think he was trying to do one of those gang signs.

It's a song:

La Roux - In For The Kill Lyrics | MetroLyrics
www.metrolyrics.com/in-for-the-kill-lyrics-la-roux.html
MetroLyrics
Two hearts with accurate devotions. And what are feelings without emotions? I'm going in for the kill. I'm doing it for a thrill. Oh I'm hoping you'll understand

It's a song:

La Roux - In For The Kill Lyrics | MetroLyrics
www.metrolyrics.com/in-for-the-kill-lyrics-la-roux.html
MetroLyrics
Two hearts with accurate devotions. And what are feelings without emotions? I'm going in for the kill. I'm doing it for a thrill. Oh I'm hoping you'll understand

One of the other videos included Foster the People - Pumped up Kicks (a song about Columbine):

Yeah he found a six-shooter gun
In his dad's closet, in the box of fun things
I don't even know what
But he's coming for you, yeah he's coming for you

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You better run, better run, outrun my gun
You better run, better run, faster than my bullet

I was under the impression that JW and his buddies actually wanted to grow Broke Racers Club into a "Lifestyle Brand", so they weren't just having fun. JW was out there trying to get sponsors, taking racing classes, trying to learn and make connections (according to his SM). Part of the training at the Skip Barber Karts to Cars competition was about learning how to get sponsors and craft your image off the track. He wasn't just having fun, although I'm sure he wanted to have fun while building his business. In the beginning, they couldn't afford to stock more than t-shirts, sweat shirts and decals, but I got the impression they wanted to expand the BRC into a viable business. I don't think the fact that it's on line makes it any less a serious business venture, but that's just my opinion.

The difference between JW and the people in their 20s that you're talking about, is that they have careers and skills that they use to support themselves (I'm assuming - paramedic, police and accountant.) They make videos to entertain themselves and each other in their spare time, not instead of working at a paying job. These videos were JW's "job". (Yes, he was working at Autobahn, but apparently that was an hourly position that didn't pay particularly well and he couldn't/didn't want to rely on it for long term employment.) He created the videos and websites as marketing tools to promote his "brand" (brands? JT Wallace Racing, Driver Gits, Racer Jordan, Broke Racers Club, etc.), but he didn't really have anything of substance to promote. He wanted to be a race car driver, but didn't have the financial backing to make it happen, and when he did get a chance to be on the track or in front of coaches (like at Skip Barber) he wasn't a stand out. He may have won a few races at some "show up and race" type events, but when he had a chance to shine in front of people who could help him progress, he didn't.

It is really quite sad, as I think he is one of those kids who fell victim to the (post-music) MTV mentality, where a career can be built on personality (or a sex tape) rather than hard work, talent and skill/knowledge. There seem to be a lot of people who have bought into that, some of the same people who often live with their parents in their 20s and 30s because they aren't willing to live in a group house and can't afford cable and XBOX on what they earn themselves. I've said before, it's the equivalent of kids growing up in inner city neighborhoods thinking their ticket out is an NBA career. If someone is 28 and still thinking they're going to make it in the NBA, but they aren't even the best player at the Wednesday night pick-up game, that is delusional IMO.

I guess I am just partial to and sympathetic to 27 yr olds, since I know so many of them. And I think, as far as 27 yr old urban males go, JW has done pretty well for himself. He has no arrest records, no hardcore drug use, no history of violence. He seemed to have had a BIG DREAM and was trying to go for it. It may not have been that successful but at least he put his heart into it. He may not have succeeded as a CHAMPION/ but he did race and placed well in some races. More than I can say for a lot of people his age. At least he wasn't sitting in the basement playing video games all day and smoking blunts. He was actively going for his dream. And true, it was not successful. But it does not make him a failure, imo. It means he was going to have to refocus his goals. It happens at lot at 26 and 27.

I just think the term 'delusional' is a bit unfair. What if it turns out he is innocent in all of this. Will he still be declared a delusional crazy person for steadfastly believing in his dream of becoming a racer? After all, he did pretty well in the big picture. Not everyone is going to be the first place winner. But he tried to form a business with some friends that involved his love for the sport. Selling racer merchandise seemed like a good plan, imo. I do not understand why that seems to point to some kind of criminal or delusional behavior?

One of the other videos included Foster the People - Pumped up Kicks (a song about Columbine):

Yeah he found a six-shooter gun
In his dad's closet, in the box of fun things
I don't even know what
But he's coming for you, yeah he's coming for you

You better run, better run, outrun my gun
You better run, better run, faster than my bullet

So? LOL Does that mean he is a killer? ALL of the current bands have questionable lyrics and song titles. I don't think it means all of their fans are criminally inclined.

I guess I am just partial to and sympathetic to 27 yr olds, since I know so many of them. And I think, as far as 27 yr old urban males go, JW has done pretty well for himself. He has no arrest records, no hardcore drug use, no history of violence. He seemed to have had a BIG DREAM and was trying to go for it. It may not have been that successful but at least he put his heart into it. He may not have succeeded as a CHAMPION/ but he did race and placed well in some races. More than I can say for a lot of people his age. At least he wasn't sitting in the basement playing video games all day and smoking blunts. He was actively going for his dream. And true, it was not successful. But it does not make him a failure, imo. It means he was going to have to refocus his goals. It happens at lot at 26 and 27.

I just think the term 'delusional' is a bit unfair. What if it turns out he is innocent in all of this. Will he still be declared a delusional crazy person for steadfastly believing in his dream of becoming a racer? After all, he did pretty well in the big picture. Not everyone is going to be the first place winner. But he tried to form a business with some friends that involved his love for the sport. Selling racer merchandise seemed like a good plan, imo. I do not understand why that seems to point to some kind of criminal or delusional behavior?

Wow, I think this is setting the bar for 27 year old urban males awfully low.

Beside, Annapolis Maryland is a prosperous little city, it's not like he was from a rough part of Baltimore (and even then, I hope 27 year old males have more to hope for than not getting arrested or doing drugs or being violent). JMO.

A typical sponsorship in Arena racing could go anywhere from 20K to 50K per year in order to do it right. A kart sponsorship would amount to about the same dollars. If JW was attempting to do both, then 100K would be the top end. JW's statements about the Skip Barber school meant training in a lower NASCAR series or in Indy lights and a full sponsorship in either of those series could approach a quarter milllion easily.

PS was getting the very high end from his father to learn and go racing in karts. Google Paul Menard to see a comparison. I strongly suspect that JW approached SS about sponsorships and was turned down(as SS had other expense streams like children's education, the dojo and PS's racing. IMO, the turn down was the genesis point for everything that's happened.

Hey roverlwb, welcome to Websleuths.

I see you have some inside racing knowledge of the circuits coming in here. I'm with you until it being the genesis although it could be. I'd need something solid to jump back on the fence. JW never left my radar until it was testified to in court that LE accounted for over 30k from the wint arrest. I don't see what JW stood to gain from this crime occurring. I don't believe he intended to steal the mosler. JMO

Can't you still go to the PD at Ordway and WI for contractor parking passes? Is there still a guest parking hang tag issued in our zone?

A resident can go to the PD to get a guest parking pass, but when I needed to do that for my contractor, it could only be done for two weeks at a time. This was a few years ago, so can't be sure that's still the rule. Had to give them the make and year of the car, plate number, etc. Was crazy!

Just because the phone pinged does not mean the BMW did.

I agree, but surely LE has video from the Lowe's parking lot showing what car JW was driving. Whatever the answer, they haven't shared it with us.

I had to log back in to see this. I guess you already ate the steak? Were there any vegetables involved, or do you just… I'm suffering here. Ahh.
I sure hope you had some foie gras on toast beforehand. Just tell me you did. You know what makes the very best frites to go with steak?
Duck/goose fat from confit. Lordy.

There were green beans, squash and tomatoes from the garden

For blessedlife

Ingredients

2 (10-inch) flour tortillas
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 medium banana, thinly sliced
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar, plus more for top
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream, optional (not optional IMO)
Caramel sauce, optional

Directions

Preheat to medium-high heat. Spray the grill rack with cooking spray.

Brush 1 side of a tortilla with some melted butter. Place the tortilla on the grill (I use an iron skillet) buttered-side down. Arrange the banana slices on the tortilla and top evenly with the chocolate chips. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and cinnamon. Place the remaining tortilla on top to cover the bananas. Brush with more butter and sprinkle some brown sugar on top. Grill until the chocolate is melted and the bananas are soft, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Cut into wedges and serve with ice cream and caramel sauce, if desired. Serve immediately.

I used some software to try to isolate his cries, but am not very good at it and never could isolate it enough that I feel confident in what I heard. I can tell you that it sounded like to me that he said "She (or he) does not! I do! (or But I do)" Again I could be completely wrong. I'm sure the experts have been able to listen to it stripped down. I was hoping to hear a name or something to tell us what was going on.
From what I heard on cbsnews video of the phone call PS screams "What are You Doing?? Stop! screams After the release from CBS that was edited out of the videos that were aired on other network news..even missing from the 20/20 Murder in the Mansion show. I have a desk top and listen to the speaker..but like I said the link is gone now

You made my day by giving me an excuse to google "Chris Rock, I take care of my kids" and watch a snippet of some blue comedy.

Good thing Mod snipped the gore. Most MSM reporters are aware but deem it not right for publication.

Facundo, I'm curious about your take on things. Why is the press being so quiet in between 'events' (like release of search warrants or the prelim hearing)? I know in many other high-profile cases, the press is quite aggressive in its own 'sleuthing' and keeps relentlessly reporting every day or night, for the first couple months, even just to say, "police are not releasing any new information... our Mary Smith went to the police station tonight to look for answers," (cut to stand-up of Mary Smith saying that there is no new news). Is it just that staffing is so tight and people are spread too thin to do the sort of bush-beating they used to? Or has LE asked them to please hold off in exchange for lots of information later? Any insight?

First of all, JW is from a middle class suburban family, not a low income inner city home, so he has had all the benefits his parents could provide from their two incomes. He had access to good public schools and got into a good college, even if he only stayed for a semester. He didn't live in a neighborhood with boarded up houses, having to dodge rats and stray bullets on his way to school. I have sons about his age, and I think it is a sad day when not having a criminal record means a young adult (almost 30) is doing well. How low can we possibly set the bar? As for drugs and violence, we don't know anything about JW before he began working at Autobahn. (He did post videos of himself playing video games, but I'm not sure if those are still accessible.) There is NO information on line about him. None. Nothing about his stellar high school football and lacrosse careers. We don't really know where he lives or has lived, as the public databases are often wildly inaccurate. The only paper trail I've seen for him is an online birth record from Bexar County, TX and his Maryland traffic violation.

I think there's a good chance JW is innocent of involvement in the extortion murders but that doesn't have anything to do with whether he is delusional for thinking he can support himself as a race car driver, when he got started too late to make it and he has never shown particular promise at it. Forming a business is a good plan, but if you're starting a business based on racing, it helps to be good at racing or business. He seems to have some good ideas, but he has missed the education or on-the-job training that would give him the skills he needs to make it work. He has started several of these types of entities over the last few years, and it appears that once the fun of starting something is over, JW doesn't have the skills or dedication to continue slogging away after the initial thrill is gone.

The only way any of this has any bearing on his possible involvement in the crimes is that when people don't have a realistic sense of the work it takes to achieve something, or their ability to do something, people can become frustrated, blame others and/or look for short cuts. If a 28 year old truly believes that the only thing keeping him from a successful racing career is seed money, he might be willing to take some risks that a more grounded person would not. If someone is too immature to envision consequences, s/he can make poor decisions - not because s/he's evil or a bad person, but because they truly can't see the various ways their actions could affect other people.

My sons love to watch those videos, too. Sometimes they even goof with their younger brother and film themselves so they can laugh about it later. That is not the same thing as creating a brand based on yourself when you haven't yet accomplished anything for people to rally around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1