DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it looks like the Audi is 7572 and the Range Rover is 7315.
I can't read the Land Rover plate. I will see if there is a better picture of the Land Rover.

I need the letters or numbers that are stacked one on top of the other before the larger numbers. For the white rover, I've tried B, A-Z and 0-9, 7315 and 8, A-Z and 0-9, 7315. Nada.

That's in the state of Georgia. I don't know if other states do this.
http://www.georgiadefenders.com/preliminaryhearing.purpose.htm

The purpose of a preliminary hearing (sometimes called a committal or commitment hearing in Georgia) is “simply to determine whether there is probable cause to believe the accused guilty of the crime charged, and if so, to bind him over for indictment by the grand jury.”

Yea, Georgia does things differently. In case of DW, during preliminary hearing judge found probable cause to bind DW over for trial. He isn't going in front of grand jury. He will go in front of a regular jury during his trial.

Nope. You are supposed to bring the notice DMV mails you or the registration when you have the emissions test done. But SS did that months before hiring JW. Re-registering a car online is very simple, so I find it doubtful that SS would have JW go to DMV, wait half a day for his number to be called to register it in person in Maryland. It would make sense that SS would have had his registration renewed around the time that he had the emissions test done, but it never showed up on the carfax. Some states don't report re-registrations, and it appears some don't report all of them very well, but we don't know if the Mosler was ever re-registered. If JW had done it within the weeks that he was working there, it would have shown up on the carfax by now, IF MD reports all re-registrations to Carfax.

You definitely don't need your registration for repairs. If a dealership or mechanic reports repairs to Carfax, they use the VIN. I agree, the momento idea doesn't make sense to me either, but it makes more sense than needing it to maintain the cars.

If JW was driving the car, he would need the registration.

Yeah, a second that doesn't just repeat what the first said without doing his/her own checking. :tantrum:

It has also been previously reported that police confirmed JW was in Chantilly that day: "Police confirm Wallace was in Chantilly during the fire that was set to cover the murders of the Savopoulos family and their housekeeper But the assistant's car was parked just blocks away soon afterwards. Wallace told police he drove to the home after learning about the fire." From June 5: http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...urders-investigation-into-assistant/28525581/

"After delivering the ransom money on the morning of the fire, police said, Wallace drove to Chantilly, Va., to help finish building a martial arts studio, and authorities confirmed his location by tracking his cellphone and with receipts and surveillance video from a Virginia hardware store he visited. " From June 4: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...9031d4-0adf-11e5-a7ad-b430fc1d3f5c_story.html

And the more recent article about the hearing: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ion-slayings-due-back-in-court/#ixzz3gd0fI1yD

This doesn't rule out he had some role in another way, but it seems that LE feels comfortable that he went to the bank, went to Chantilly, and then returned.

@rfk or anyone - can you read these plates? We'd like to run them to see if any inspections were even required during JW's employment......since I trust nothing he says.

Another one bites the dust. The white Range Rover Carfax is a little confusing. It looks like it was purchased as a corporate car (AIW or Sigma?) and has already been sold. Regardless, it didn't need to be re-registered during the time JW worked for SS, as it wasn't purchased before August 2014. No repairs on record during that time.

I think the other two cars are going to be impossible to find, unless someone can read the first 3 number/letters of the plates. Also, the brownish land rover looks like it might be from a different state. West Virginia? If anyone can read the other plates, I'll run them.

landrover.jpg

Wow, there is incredible diversity in Maryland license plates. There are ones with six alpha-numeric characters, special interest ones (like tennis) with just four, MD ones, which have 5, ones that have a couple characters, like AF, MD, or AA AF that have 5 numbers...

Now that I've stared at them for a while, I think they are special interest plates with 4 digits.

AS and SS went to University of Maryland and fell in love there--maybe that is the special interest plate? For the university?

argh. (not at you, but the article) "returned hours later" later than what? Why hours? Why allegedly returned? He allegedly arrived before the tape went up, parked as close as he could get, got out of his car and walked up to a LEO. Came back to his car minutes later to find the tape up and his car hostage. Yep. Could have happened just as simply as that.

The statement of "returned hours later" needs a point of reference.

I think they know what time the crime tape was put up (and a police car was stationed there) and they know what time he came back to the car and told LE that was his car. I haven't seen it reported the way you described it - rather the implication is that he parked as close as he could before the tape went up and by the time he came back to his car, the tape had been up for hours. JMO

NO, because if JW was planning on sending DW to the home to steal the Porsche, and then JW agreed to take money over there, knowing a robbery was about to take place, that HE SET UP, then he would be charged with murder too. It would not be Grand Theft Auto anymore, because the family was home a the time. That makes it ARMED ROBBERY. And JW would be taking part in it knowingly.

I think the original post was stating that if DW was involved in SS' murder, then he would be involved in all the murders, whether he's been charged with them yet or not. JMO.

I need the letters or numbers that are stacked one on top of the other before the larger numbers. For the white rover, I've tried B, A-Z and 0-9, 7315 and 8, A-Z and 0-9, 7315. Nada.

Would the letters have to do with special interest? So maybe MD? Or UM??

Stabbing is mutilation enough. :/

ETA: we know he was used as a means of controlling the adults, it's probable that he was cut during the 18 hours. Mutilation doesn't have to be made to sound worse than it was. I also see no reason for msm to not report something because it's distasteful to some. That doesn't happen. Maybe it was *allegedly* only reported the one time because it was found out to be untrue.

I see this happen not only in comments to articles, but it's happened in other forums that random brand new posters pop in to post unsubstantiated and purposefully inflammatory items to suit their agenda. Those posters are shut down pretty quickly on reputable sites, but comments on outside articles or blogs remain to taint people's opinion. Commenters outside of here post some seriously weird things that sound like little kids excitedly telling stories (fibbing) all big-eyed and watching to see reactions. Creeps.
There are many things that should not be reported because they are not only distasteful, they are offensive to some. MSM reporters are content to clean up what happened to PS and just call it mutilation. I realize that leaves a lot to the imagination but to report the specifics is akin to watching ISIS propaganda videos. MSM reports about them but chooses not to air them.

If JW was driving the car, he would need the registration.

The registration was in JW's backpack in JW's car, not in the Mosler. The registration is supposed to stay in the Mosler, so either the car was re-registered and the newer registration was in the Mosler, or JW had the most recent registration, so there wasn't one in the Mosler. There's no reason that JW needed to have the Mosler registration in his (JW's) backpack. Perhaps SS gave it to him as a souvenir, but that is not why the detective implied that JW had it.

The Audi might be 4 over 9, A over A, 4 over 4 or on the other hand maybe I need a new prescription. Zooming in only makes it a bigger blur.

AS and SS went to University of Maryland and fell in love there--maybe that is the special interest plate? For the university?

I think they are American Flag plates. Also, the cars appear to be registered to a corporation in MD, so probably Sigma or AIW.

Who knows what he had been telling his GF! Maybe that he was coming into some money from a sponsor?

If he was going to steal $20,000 and deliver $40,000, it wouldn't make sense to show W2 a pic of $20,000 and tell her it is $40,000. None of this makes sense to me.

Who knows what he had been telling his GF! Maybe that he was coming into some money from a sponsor?

But that's not what he texted to her at all. He said it was part of his 'crazy job.' Nothing about it being HIS money. And if he had ever texted anything like that to her he would be in jail already.

But that's not what he texted to her at all. He said it was part of his 'crazy job.' Nothing about it being HIS money. And if he had ever texted anything like that to her he would be in jail already.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ourt/?page=all

After picking up the $40,000 from a bank with an employee of Savvas Savopoulos‘ company, American Iron Works, the driver texted his girlfriend a photo of the stacks of $100 bills, saying “My job is insane. Don’t show anyone,” according to Ms. Bach.

Asking a forensic question: does that mean either would have caused his death or can it mean the two together caused his death? It seems to me, as it was described, the thermal injuries would have killed him without the sharp instrument injuries. If not for the fire, would the injuries still have killed him? Wondering the same kind of thing about the others - would VF have died from blunt force injuries if she hadn't been strangled and vice versa?
It doesn't matter because forensic pathology is not an exact science. The DC Medical examiner gave two causes of the fatal injuries that his examination observed. Both were severe enough to cause death. It the end it is only an opinion and may not be agreed to by another doctor doing his own autopsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1