DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA with everything above and would add that the relevant thing is not what the car is worth at auction, but what JW THOUGHT the car was worth.

No, the post I originally responded to stated that it was not likely that SS allowed JW to drive a car as valuable as the mosler. In previous threads, people determined the value for the mosler, based on ads for that model, was about 200k. The Bentley is approximately that much, and JW posted pics from the driver's seat of that vehicle. So SS certainly allowed his driver to drive cars worth a couple hundred k.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I'm going to share by best guesses about video.

First, it is important to remember that LE is keeping a close hold on information related to this case. The federal agency that would be working with the embassy would be particularly sensitive to an embassy's desire for discretion. DNA possibly, and other forensic evidence, it seems is being processed from the fire scene by another federal agency that is keeping quiet. Chief Lanier seems to have marching orders in place for her troops.

People have big expectations of the neighborhood cameras, and frankly that baffles me. Where do you point your cameras when you set up a home security system? One answer that makes no sense is "the street" and another is "my neighbor's place." There may be incidental image captures from surrounding property, or dash cam drive-by's, but I would be pretty surprised if there was much meaningful. Of course, the video most likely to be helpful would have been the SS security system's. There aren't ATMs or retail shop display windows with cameras right there.

ITA LE knows so, so much more than what is being let out. It seems the felt comfortable with what they had being enough to find probably cause for DW, and why release more than that if they don't need to?

I respectfully disagree that it makes no sense to point intentionally at the street. It makes a lot of sense to me- see who might be lurking, driving by repeatedly, who is coming and going, etc. If there are places with high walls, fences, or gates, they may also have street-pointing cameras to monitor entry or the perimeter.

And, because I felt crazy that pointing at the street makes sense, I was trying to look up what people recommended. I found one site from the Fremont Police recommending street facing camera: http://www.fremontpolice.org/index.aspx?NID=322

Doesn't necessarily mean it applies in this case or that they'll get anything, but they lived in a pretty fancy-schmancy neighborhood and I would have really thought there'd be some street footage from somewhere. Even where I work in business-ey DC, there will be random embassies, ambassador building, etc. with cameras clearly catching me on camera as I walk by.

IDK. Mutilation is a pretty strong word. A different word from torture even. The posts that I saw were believable, IMO. Not necessarily true but they sounded sincere. I believe that the posters DID hear that info. It may have been true or not. Also, the media often does not dwell on truly awful things. Maybe a representative for the S family asked media not to repeat the info. In most MSM AS injuries were reported as lacerations but a few MSM articles were much more descriptive. I think DW, and if there were others involved, wanted to terrorize SS. A lot of people say the focus was PS but I don't think I agree. He was a means to an end, IMO. This crime was so sick, it's beyond comprehension

bbm

I agree with you, I never thought PS was the focus, either. A means to control the adults.

I disagree, the msm reports details on all kinds of depraved, disgusting, heartbreaking and unimaginable atrocities to infants, babies, toddlers, children, adults and the elderly and the resulting devastating injuries. I regret even having to repeat that, but it is true. While I agree that sometimes, some details are often made public only during or after a trial, there are plenty of msm organizations that report on the details at the time and before, during and after trial if there is one. Some of the more gruesome details are left to online versions of msm news reports, but not on tv from a reporter's mouth that I can recall seeing or hearing - just online. I can't even imagine a reporter saying those things out loud. I also can't imagine how a doctor or MedEx has to testify in spoken word about them.

I didn't use the word mutilation originally, just repeating what another poster used. A stab through the eye would constitute mutilation for me, but not a stab in the arm, chest, abdomen, etc. Yes, I agree that torture can be different from mutilation; what was said in the blog comment was mutilation.

I never knew that msm would honor a request from anyone other than LE to print or not print something if it was true. No sarcasm. I do know they pull things that aren't true, invalidate any integrity they might have, or precipitate legal action against them. As we see, it's practically impossible to scrub things online. In Jessica Chambers' murder, people were wizards with retrieving scrubbed social media. LOL, the old days when papers had to print a retraction or correction; online just makes it as if it never was. We've always been at war with Europa. yeeks. No wonder we go nuts trying to find information we know we saw, but can no longer find. I swear, I have to remember to take actual screenshots instead of just bookmarking. Some articles I do remember to pdf at the moment - yay! :)

As disgusting as this thought is: I believe DW's intelligence has been underestimated. :/ He had the same capabilities and opportunities to research and learn as we did to know how to do these things. Being a psycho doesn't equate to subpar intelligence.

I think it's possible that the CEO of the company did not know all of the welders personally or even by sight. A welder would likely have been on-site rather than in the company headquarters.
The head offices are in Hyattsville but it is also a steel fabrication plant. There is a lot of fabrication that takes place at the Hyattsville plant which is done by welders.

If JW truly has been cleared of any wrong doing in this crime and is slated to be a witness at trial, wonder what he's been doing? Wonder if he's still pursuing his dream? Is he allowed to? I understand his radio silence on SM, but I cannot imagine he's just sitting around at his mother's house.

Stmarysmead I am with you in struggling to piece all that together as you described.

Here's another scenario: someone in an organized crime ring had a grudge against SS because of work (contracts lost? Encroaching on business?) and this was a hit. Hire DW as lacky to sit around as lookout, pay him $40k and the Porsche to hang out. Too implausible?

I could see this. I wonder what DW or others may have asked SS to do online. Did he move funds at accounts online? I know he was in the Virgin Islands for a while. Were any offshore transactions made overnight to wire money?

Laura Evans is a Fox5 reporter and married to Mike Manatos who gave interviews as friend of SS. Fox5 has had exclusives like the vehicles being towed from the house etc. I would bet that she gets insider info from the family and LE and is being discreet. I think the S family have several connections with reporters. They were well liked in DC.

No, the post I originally responded to stated that it was not likely that SS allowed JW to drive a car as valuable as the mosler. In previous threads, people determined the value for the mosler, based on ads for that model, was about 200k. The Bentley is approximately that much, and JW posted pics from the driver's seat of that vehicle. So SS certainly allowed his driver to drive cars worth a couple hundred k.

Are we sure about the Bentley's value? They make really fairly affordable models now.

Not at all too much of a stretch. I've been wondering about similar things, but unfortunately the TOS don't allow us to "sleuth" anyone who hasn't been named as a person of interest. I would be surprised if DW just spontaneously woke up one morning and thought, "Self, I'm going to find and rob the guy who owned that company I was fired from 10 years ago, and while I'm at it, murder everyone at his house," so I agree that there was probably some sort of precipitating event or interaction, but what it was, I can only guess :(.

Exactly! Why not kill his supervisor - why SS? I don't think there was rage about being fired. I think there was more to this.

If JW truly has been cleared of any wrong doing in this crime and is slated to be a witness at trial, wonder what he's been doing? Wonder if he's still pursuing his dream? Is he allowed to? I understand his radio silence on SM, but I cannot imagine he's just sitting around at his mother's house.

Yes, I've been wondering that as well. It seems like he got fired from his previous job before being hired by SS, and it's unclear to me what he was even up to before getting hired at the Autobahn in 2013. He's 28, so likely a 2005-ish high school graduate, leaving quite a bit of time between HS and Autobahn. I wonder what he was up to during that period, and what he is up to now

I'm a bit interested in the lawyer DW paid $1,100 to two days after the crime. It didn't do him much good but I'm wondering why. Would a client/lawyer privilege be established? Did DW have a passport? Was he trying to flee the country?

I wonder if LE wants to keep some details quiet as a way to weed out whack jobs (jail house informants, fake confessors, etc.) If this info was leaked, I guess it's too late for that now, but it would be another reason not to release specific details. JMO

bbm Yes. One term LE uses for a detail like this is a "hold back."

Ok, so please tear this apart!

Someone or group wants to enact revenge against SS. They find DW because he has priors and worked at one time for AIW. They tell him, "we are expecting a drop at the house and need u to be there." They promise him something in return--$40k or car or whatever. He agrees, ends up at the house etc but something unexpected happens or he realizes other perps intend to harm family so he bolts with Porsche. Scared he will be caught, he hires a lawyer to get him out of the country. Others in the house kill family, set fire.

Ssssssttttrrreeeeeeeeettttccccchhhh

Someone or group wants to enact revenge against SS. They find DW because he has priors and worked at one time for AIW. They tell him, "we are expecting a drop at the house and need u to be there." They promise him something in return--$40k or car or whatever. He agrees, ends up at the house etc but something unexpected happens or he realizes other perps intend to harm family so he bolts with Porsche. Scared he will be caught, he hires a lawyer to get him out of the country. Others in the house kill family, set fire.

Interesting! If others are involved I wonder why DW wouldn't do plea deal and rat them out?

BBM:
I know truth can be stranger than fiction but I don't buy any theory under which someone/a group was exacting revenge on SS. Did DW/others if involved, have hatred for him and the family? Yes, IMO. Were they chosen at random? No, IMO. They WERE targeted but not for revenge in a murder-for hire plot. I do not envision DW recoiling in horror at the realization that people were going to be harmed.

Ah, thanks, I misinterpreted your post. Good point (although since Mosler is out of business, if SS cared about the car, he might be more concerned about an accident in that one... still, i see what you are saying.)

BBM:
I know truth can be stranger than fiction but I don't buy any theory under which someone/a group was exacting revenge on SS. Did DW/others if involved, have hatred for him and the family? Yes, IMO. Were they chosen at random? No, IMO. They WERE targeted but not for revenge in a murder-for hire plot. I do not envision DW recoiling in horror at the realization that people were going to be harmed.

Are there similar overkill hostage ransom cases? What is the profile of someone who would be this brutal and focus on the son? I still think AS could easily have been the focus? Why didn't perps rape and torture her? People keep saying PS was better leverage but I disagree. I think they are pretty equal so why the child? Did he accuse someone of molesting him recently?

Ah, thanks, I misinterpreted your post. Good point (although since Mosler is out of business, if SS cared about the car, he might be more concerned about an accident in that one... still, i see what you are saying.)

I think you're overvaluing the Bentley. Do we know what year and model it was??

Just to clarify: I am not even remotely suggesting DW is innocent or doesn't bear responsibility for this horrific crime. Just wondering what evidence would support or refute a theory, thinking maybe it would spur a new line of inquiry. Praying for Justice for this family, if there can ever be any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member