DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a very large company. One of DW's lawyers (can't remember which one, could have been Ficker) claimed DW knew SS (but not AS) so presumably DW and SS at least seen each other on occasion.

bbm. Agreeing w you - presumably DDW & Mr S saw each other on occasion, and imo likely at a work site, maybe DDW in welder's mask & Mr S walking by w others.

Yes, DDW could 'know' Mr S in the sense of recognizing him and knowing Mr S' name, position, etc. Does not mean, imo, it was reciprocal. Anyone think Mr S did pre-employment interviews w DDW? Did 60 or 90 day post-hire status assessments of DDW? Handed DDW the pink slip or equiv?

Consider the source - DDW's stmt to atty, who 'translated' for public consumption. Where else would this have come from?

JM2cts, could be all wrong.

Just to clarify: I am not even remotely suggesting DW is innocent or doesn't bear responsibility for this horrific crime. Just wondering what evidence would support or refute a theory, thinking maybe it would spur a new line of inquiry. Praying for Justice for this family, if there can ever be any.

No innocence in DW, legally he is toast although many red herrings will fly.

Are there similar overkill hostage ransom cases? What is the profile of someone who would be this brutal and focus on the son? I still think AS could easily have been the focus? Why didn't perps rape and torture her? People keep saying PS was better leverage but I disagree. I think they are pretty equal so why the child? Did he accuse someone of molesting him recently?

Perhaps PS was the primary leverage to control AS until SS was lured back home. After that IMO both were used by DW to keep SS controlled.
IMO we haven't heard anything yet about any sexual assaults but LE has not released the coroners reports.

....Supposedly, DW did not take all the money to NYC because his friends were helping him create money orders...
Now that takes a lot of trust...to hand off big money to friends and leave town.

sbm Apologizing for repeating this question and not asking just you, smm, as several others stated same, as fact.

How do we know DDW handed off the money or most of it, before he went to NY?
1. Any MSM link?
2. A member's timetable showing insufficient time, after DDW's return to DC area and pre-arrest, for DDW to hand off $ and for his chums to convert currency ($13,000 or $17,000?) to m/orders?
3. Dates stamps* on m/orders show some or all were purchased before DDW's return to DC area?
4. Other?
Who provides currency to others to convert to m/o's, presumably for a fee or %, and leaves town for multiple days? Did he know them only by street names, as some here suggested? Maybe that's what he told LE.

Question 2.
Someone floated theory that DDW committed crimes for one of his creditors (e.g., drug debt?) so $ & m/o's in car & truck did not belong to DDW, that it belonged to creditor or other big cheese.
If, before leaving DC area, DDW provided $ to ppl to convert for creditor/big cheese, then --
- why would DDW return to DC area, meet up w them, apparently to par-tay, w room(s) at Howard Johnson?
- why wouldn't they give $ & m/o's directly to creditor/big cheese? Why cruise around w DDW, before then?

________________________________________________________________________________
* not saying any or all m/o's came from USPS, but appears from https://www.google.com/search?site=.....1.11.1795.e82jbu0MgQY#imgrc=zrZH8oAW3mLWMM: that m/o issuers date stamp them w issue date. Some are even time stamped.

sbm Apologizing for repeating this question and not asking just you, smm, as several others stated same, as fact.

How do we know DDW handed off the money or most of it, before he went to NY?
1. Any MSM link?
2. A member's timetable showing insufficient time, after DDW's return to DC area and pre-arrest, for DDW to hand off $ and for his chums to convert currency ($13,000 or $17,000?) to m/orders?
3. Dates stamps* on m/orders show some or all were purchased before DDW's return to DC area?
4. Other?
Who provides currency to others to convert to m/o's, presumably for a fee or %, and leaves town for multiple days? Did he know them only by street names, as some here suggested? Maybe that's what he told LE.

Question 2.
Someone floated theory that DDW committed crimes for one of his creditors (e.g., drug debt?) so $ & m/o's in car & truck did not belong to DDW, that it belonged to creditor or other big cheese.
If, before leaving DC area, DDW provided $ to ppl to convert for creditor/big cheese, then --
- why would DDW return to DC area, meet up w them, apparently to par-tay, w room(s) at Howard Johnson?
- why wouldn't they give $ & m/o's directly to creditor/big cheese? Why cruise around w DDW, before then?

________________________________________________________________________________
* not saying any or all m/o's came from USPS, but appears from https://www.google.com/search?site=.....1.11.1795.e82jbu0MgQY#imgrc=zrZH8oAW3mLWMM: that m/o issuers date stamp them w issue date. Some are even time stamped.

Maybe he was taking stolen jewelry watches to NYC to fence contact there? Maybe part of the money was taken to NYC directly to pay somebody off.

Perhaps PS was the primary leverage to control AS until SS was lured back home. After that IMO both were used by DW to keep SS controlled.
IMO we haven't heard anything yet about any sexual assaults but LE has not released the coroners reports.

Yeah but he was in bed with concussion I'm sure AS didn't give DW any trouble and no major force upon AS would be needed. Hell a life to her throat while she's on the phone is enough to get her to do as he'd want. I don't think control was a factor. Whoever did what they did to PS was full of rage but I just don't understand why.

Maybe he was taking stolen jewelry watches to NYC to fence contact there? Maybe part of the money was taken to NYC directly to pay somebody off.

Yes, taking jewelry & watches w him to NY makes sense {{ETA} if in fact, he had those from the S home}.
Ditto some of the $ too, if he needed to pay someone.

Still wondering when DDW provided $ to ppl to convert to m/o's - before he left DC area or after his return?

I'm hung up on the horrific injuries to the victims, the burning the child alive, and the amount of time spent in the house. This is hard to explain, but the injuries seem like ones that indicate rage or a drug high. But the crime went on so long, I can't understand how either rage or that high could be sustained for so long.

Considering that the victims were restrained, what accounts for the escalation to torture? If DW was there for money, he has everyone under control, how many times would he have to hurt PS or AS to have SS doing anything at all that he wanted? On AS Facebook page, if you look under "family", you'll see that she jokingly lists SS as "Mother." He must have been very protective of his much loved wife. It would not take much to have SS completely under control IMO.

I understand that perps kill to destroy evidence, but this was overkill and torture. Even in the awful crime in Connecticut, the fire was set to destoy evidence but the victims were not knifed, beaten with bats, cut with swords, strangled etc before that fire was set. It's like the killer or killers in THIS case just could not find enough ways to kill these people.

I understand there was a job loss, but guys like DW lose jobs all the time. His entire Facebook page contained more "working at self-employed" individuals then ones who had steady jobs.

As for SS and DW "knowing each other", my husband ran a company of this size and there is no way he would know every welder etc. and some would never have even had face-to-face contact with him.

This crime seems so full of hate, on such a personal level. If you assume, once the money was delivered, the object is to burn evidence and get away...why do we have all this time spent over-killing each victim? Time is valuable to any perp, why waste it?

I can't get the thought out of my head, that the torture was "sport" of some kind. That there was a group of people, showing off to each other, laughing, proving how macho they were with their displays of brutality.

But one person, running back and forth, clubbing, stabbing, strangling this one but not that one, doing all this overkill after hours with subdued victims had passed....no, I can't see that.

Only my opinion, as ever.
Good questions. I'm trying to find one of the search warrants I remember reading....think it was for Wint. It listed numerous items being looked for by police. I swear it said "safes" in the middle of a list of items which included currency, surveillance DVR, and more. It struck me that Wint couldn't move the safes by himself; hence the assertion that this crime required the assistance of more than one person. Why would they take a safe? Major pain to move. Was SS refusing to cooperate with the ****s? Perhaps the titles to the cars were in the safe. It is so much easier to move a stolen car if you have the title.

Nobody took the safes. There is a big old safe in the garage, and another one on the second floor. These safes are still in the home.

Yes, taking jewelry & watches w him to NY makes sense. Ditto some of the $ too, if he needed to pay someone.

Still wondering when DDW provided $ to ppl to convert to m/o's -before he left DC area or after his return?

As far as I can tell, police haven't said one word about any jewelry or watches missing from the home.

As far as I can tell, police haven't said one word about any jewelry or watches missing from the home.

Yes, jjenny, AFAIK, no LE stmts re missing property from S home. Will edit my post upthread - to add 'if.'
Thx for pointing it out.

Exactly! Why not kill his supervisor - why SS? I don't think there was rage about being fired. I think there was more to this.

I agree. The CEO might have held some kind of symbolic value for DW, but I highly doubt SS had much, if any, contact with DW, regardless of what Ficker might have asserted along with DW not liking pizza.

DW does have a history of revenge-like behavior, if you consider the neck-stabbing incident. But to target a family of virtual strangers because he got fired from the father's company 10 yrs ago, find their address, plot their comings and goings, get through an alarm system, risk going into a patrolled neighborhood, beckon AS and SS to come home one by one then torture/murder them in what seems like some kind sadistic party with a 10-year-old as the focus?

It seems unnecessarily risky and inconvenient to just get money, if that's all he was after. It doesn't add up for it to be one guy with a grudge who needs lawyer money. Especially one who knows the ins and outs of fencing and surely could sell drugs.

The overkill would maybe make sense if he was jacked up, but I don't think people stop to eat pizza in that condition and he'd crash. If SS were unbound he would have been able to outmaneuver him. It does seem like there is a bigger motive or precipitating event that connected DW back to SS and fueled that level of overkill--and LE doesn't seem to have changed their opinion that they believe others were involved. Just the mere fact that he gave half of his loot to his bro nods to some kind of collaboration. It's easier to believe that it was a gang hit, family affair, or DW was looking for cash and realized he had an insider to the wealthy family at his disposal to help pull off the scheming or at least give him the info that would make the job doable. Also, I don't think DW intended to escape in the Porsche. I think his ride bailed on him or couldn't make it in time.

Why the S family then?

IMO

That doesn't mean it didn't happen. Clearly the S family had nice things. I can't imagine DW wouldn't take jewelry. If he didn't then this is not about money and a hit is more likely. DW has been arrested for receiving stolen goods.....why not take jewelry and watches. Easy to carry.

That doesn't mean it didn't happen. Clearly the S family had nice things. I can't marine DW wouldn't take jewelry. If he didn't then this is not about money and a hit is more likely. DW has been arrested for receiving stolen goods.....why not take jewelry and watches. Easy to carry.

If it wasn't about money, what would be the point of staying in the house overnight waiting for 40 k to be delivered (a highly risky behavior).
He might have wanted cash only to make sure he wouldn't be caught. If he was already afraid of deportation, I am sure he didn't want to get caught with stolen goods.

Omg. I seriously need bifocals for my contacts! Totally thought it was his arm and guessed that SS was being nice enough to snap his pic.

If it wasn't about money, what would be the point of staying in the house overnight waiting for 40 k to be delivered (a highly risky behavior).
He might have wanted cash only to make sure he wouldn't be caught. If he was already afraid of deportation, I am sure he didn't want to get caught with stolen goods.
He didn't want to be caught period. I believe he was there for the money but if he saw some expensive baubles and gems while he was there he would have readily filled his pockets.

Then it would have really gone against his plan to have stolen something as identifiable as the Porsche and drive it wearing a neon vest!

He didn't want to be caught period. I believe he was there for the money but if he saw some expensive baubles and gems while he was there he would have readily filled his pockets.

Police never said anything was missing from the house, or that they found any jewelry on DW.
From what has been reported, SS also had expensive art in the house. I don't think DW wanted anything other than cash.

Then it would have really gone against his plan to have stolen something as identifiable as the Porsche and drive it wearing a neon vest!

He burned the car. Apparently he though that he would destroy all the evidence by burning it.

He burned the car. Apparently he though that he would destroy all the evidence by burning it.

I don't doubt that. But the car would still be findable near the complex where he had lived and stated he currently lived. That's a really big risk if you are trying to destroy your connection to a crime. He is delusional, so maybe he just didn't think it through, but I don't think that was his orig getaway plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guttertroll