DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are exactly right. The court reporter stated she believes the "unsealed" pages are "bench" conversations. What does that mean? Hmmm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was once on a jury, they happened frequently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidebar_(law)

The sidebar is an area in a courtroom near the judge's bench where lawyers may be called to speak with the judge so that the jury cannot hear the conversation and/or they may speak off the record. Lawyers make a formal request by stating "may I approach the bench?" or, simply "may I approach?" to initiate a sidebar conference. If it is granted, then opposing counsel must be allowed to come forward and participate in the conversation.[

I've never seen anyone wear a green/yellow vest for a domestic remodeling job; not saying it's impossible, but it sounds weird to me. I've only seen those at road work sites.

I can believe DW wore the vest that afternoon while leaving the scene. Just trying to make people believe he was part of a road crew or construction crew. Giving the wrong impression he belonged there. Hauled a few items to the Porsche, jumped in and took off.

You are exactly right. The court reporter stated she believes the "unsealed" pages are "bench" conversations. What does that mean? Hmmm.

I presume it's a conversation between a judge and either lawyer.

I can believe DW wore the vest that afternoon while leaving the scene. Just trying to make people believe he was part of a road crew or construction crew. Giving the wrong impression he belonged there. Hauled a few items to the Porsche, jumped in and took off.

I agree about whoever it was wearing the vest to blend in, I just don't think they were left behind in the garage by anyone working on the Savopoulos house.

I remember it was discussed whether LE could withhold public disclosure of an arrest and/or court records. It seems that under some circumstances the answer is YES. Unless I'm totally misinterpreting which is possible. Though not specific to MD, this is about CT:

http://ctfoicouncil.nfoic.net/advocacy/expanding-disclosure-of-arrest-records/

Law Enforcement Records Exemption

CT is using the Federal FOIA as a model for their own standards. Oregon has similar.

http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/192.501

Haven't found anything specific to MD or DC yet.

What I HAVE found under MD Case Search is Maryland rules 16-1001 through 16-1011. It appears Case Search is only required to display results for which the case's existence or a person's identity is not protected information under Md.Rules 16-1001 through 16-1011. MD Case Search has sealed some info recently. That's why I researched this. Surprised to learn what can be sealed.

Yeah, so much for the comments about the US not having secret arrests and asserting that unless we've heard about them, there have been none beyond DW.

Hahaha. I sent the transcript request via Fed Ex today. Again, we won't get ours until the U.S. attorney gets theirs first.......the court reporter said they paid about $800 bucks for theirs. I paid $139..50 because she estimated it was 155 pages. If there are more pages than she estimates, I have to pay the difference before she releases it. lol, I own a copy store so even at .90 for black/white copies is off the hook! But......I would give blood for that transcript!

Just to clarify, she stated there were only about 5 pages that remained sealed and believes those transcripts are "bench" conversations.....whatever that means.

The transcripts will be forwarded electronically......so as I get ith, you shall receive ith. [emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126]

Awesome!!! Thank you!!

FBI's CODIS—NDIS Statistics by state. Here's DC's DNA statistical information. Check out your state.
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/biometric-analysis/codis/ndis-statistics

D.C./FBI Lab

Statistical Information

Offender Profiles 813,160
Arrestee 175,892
Forensic Profiles 3,571
NDIS Participating Labs 2
Investigations Aided 885

D.C./Metro PD
Statistical Information

Offender Profiles 0
Arrestee 0
Forensic Profiles 597
NDIS Participating Labs 1
Investigations Aided 90

It's such a weird thing to wear. If he wore it to gain access to the house why wear it when he left?? Why not take it off once he was in the Porsche as it stands out. Why not take a shirt from the family if he needed to cover up blood on host shirt. I really don't get this.

You know when you're watching -- let me date myself -- Ally McBeal or The Practice, and a one lawyer says something and the other lawyer gets angry and says, "Your honor! Objection!" and the judge says, tiredly, "Approach the bench," and the two attorneys go up and start hissing at each other sotto voce about why the other one is being sneaky or saying things that had already been determined were disallowed, etc.? That's a bench discussion.

Hahaha. I sent the transcript request via Fed Ex today. Again, we won't get ours until the U.S. attorney gets theirs first.......the court reporter said they paid about $800 bucks for theirs. I paid $139..50 because she estimated it was 155 pages. If there are more pages than she estimates, I have to pay the difference before she releases it. lol, I own a copy store so even at .90 for black/white copies is off the hook! But......I would give blood for that transcript!

Just to clarify, she stated there were only about 5 pages that remained sealed and believes those transcripts are "bench" conversations.....whatever that means.

The transcripts will be forwarded electronically......so as I get ith, you shall receive ith. [emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126]

This is awesome. Do you have a paypal account?

Thanks! Did I hear that JW's BMW was green? I think I might have found it in these photos. The green car is on Woodland Dr near 31st Pl.
View attachment 78614View attachment 78615

This is actually the error message I see when I click on the attachments: "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Well, once we get the transcripts we should be able to glean from them when the bench conversations took place. Based on the context of what was said right before the bench conversation, we might be able to guess what May have been discussed.

It's such a weird thing to wear. If he wore it to gain access to the house why wear it when he left?? Why not take it off once he was in the Porsche as it stands out. Why not take a shirt from the family if he needed to cover up blood on host shirt. I really don't get this.

I'm not so sure he wore it to the house, possible I suppose. I just see it as a form of deception while, don't think he cared about blood on his shirt.

Wait: Blood on his shirt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member