DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting- I don't remember that but it seems possible. The car was a 2009, I believe, so maybe his mom bought it then (or more recently) and it's still registered to her even though he was the primary user? I don't think the fact it was registered to his mom means he couldn't have done anything to the body, though. If that car is indeed his, it looks like the factory color someone linked, but I was just pointing out that it could have theoretically been redone at some point.

28 years old and driving Mommy's car. Once again the illusion that it's HIS BMW...but it's actually registered to his Mother. Why doesn't a 28 yr. old man have a car he can afford, registered in his name.

I am so curious about where JW was in the years before getting his job at the track. We know very little about his history and most of what he provides is puffed up trickery. Lying wasn't something that just happened that day, talking to LE, because he was scared or trying to protect his boss. Lying, twisting, fabricating a false puffed up identity is just part of his character.

IMO, he's just the type that might have exaggerated to some acquaintances of his, how much he knew about the SS family and their schedule, how easy it would be to make a score. He may have even heard some rumor that the money for the DOJO opening was going to be delivered to the house and passed that on too.

Maybe the gang got there and found that JW wasn't a reliable source of information after all.

Just my opinion of course.

If he's not a suspect in the case that they are currently trying, does that mean he would not be a suspect in the other three cases that haven't been tried?

Also, I think there are a myriad of things PS could have yelled if he was familiar with the person inflicting harm. We have a hard enough time processing and responding to the awfulness of it, I can't imagine what he was going through.

JMO

Yes. IMO that's what it means. Autopsies, the DNA, the initial break in at 5:56, kidnapping, pizza order and the fire as well as the recovery of the ransom money were discussed by Det. Owens.
He stated JW is not a suspect in the case.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/20/suspect-in-dc-mansion-slayings-due-back-in-court/

Exactly my point. MOO we do not at this point what was said in the background on the tape Precisely because it is so awful is why, JMO, that someone declared "not a suspect in the case" being referred to as a suspect in the torture and murder of four people is very disturbing.
IMO we do know who was holding the family, ordering pizza and demanding the ransom he was later arrested with:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...31d64c-2cc4-11e5-a5ea-cf74396e59ec_story.html

Judge Rhonda Reid-Winston ordered Wint to remain in jail, ruling that there was probable cause” that Wint committed first-degree murder and that he was involved in “holding these people against their will.” Winston cited Wint’s DNA on the pizza crust and the vest as well as the $30,000 in cash and money orders that authorities found in Wint’s possession when he was arrested.

IMO whoever yelled whatever on the tape, as far as we know, had no familiarity with DW unless SS recalled him as a welder employed ten years prior with AIW.
JMO

28 years old and driving Mommy's car. Once again the illusion that it's HIS BMW...but it's actually registered to his Mother. Why doesn't a 28 yr. old man have a car he can afford, registered in his name.

I am so curious about where JW was in the years before getting his job at the track. We know very little about his history and most of what he provides is puffed up trickery. Lying wasn't something that just happened that day, talking to LE, because he was scared or trying to protect his boss. Lying, twisting, fabricating a false puffed up identity is just part of his character.

IMO, he's just the type that might have exaggerated to some acquaintances of his, how much he knew about the SS family and their schedule, how easy it would be to make a score. He may have even heard some rumor that the money for the DOJO opening was going to be delivered to the house and passed that on too.

Maybe the gang got there and found that JW wasn't a reliable source of information after all.

Just my opinion of course.

Yes and I'm sure he'd seen that big safe in the garage!!

Contrary to the belief of some posters here, I do not see any compelling evidence that JW has been ruled out as a suspect. Detective Owens May be referring to the first degree murder charges pertaining to SS death. Police say "so-and-so is not considered a suspect" and the next day that individual is arrested. I hear nothing that definitively clears JW. In fact, there are huge gaps of time for which LE has not divulged JW's whereabouts. We've not seen the results of SW on phone. Lots we don't know. Additionally, police can legally lie to advance their investigation. So Owens saying JW is not a suspect in a courtroom in which DW is present, may have been by design. Can you imagine the rage and frustration DW must have felt if JW is involved? I think they need DW to roll on the rest of the people....that's in part why next to no information has been released. And, LE may get their wish soon.

I'm not 100% convinced that JW is involved, but I still lean strongly to that line of theory. Way too many red flags to explain away. I can see explaining away a few red flags surrounding him with innocent happenstance. However, it is the totality of the red flags that I find very troublesome.

:thinking: He didn't want to attract attention by taking it off right before he got in the car? And have you ever tried taking off a vest/sweater in a Porsche? Hard to do especially if you are a big guy behind the steering wheel :moo:

With a seat belt on difficult but he is a shrimp!

Contrary to the belief of some posters here, I do not see any compelling evidence that JW has been ruled out as a suspect. Detective Owens May be referring to the first degree murder charges pertaining to SS death. Police say "so-and-so is not considered a suspect" and the next day that individual is arrested. I hear nothing that definitively clears JW. In fact, there are huge gaps of time for which LE has not divulged JW's whereabouts. We've not seen the results of SW on phone. Lots we don't know. Additionally, police can legally lie to advance their investigation. So Owens saying JW is not a suspect in a courtroom in which DW is present, may have been by design. Can you imagine the rage and frustration DW must have felt if JW is involved? I think they need DW to roll on the rest of the people....that's in part why next to no information has been released. And, LE may get their wish soon.

I'm not 100% convinced that JW is involved, but I still lean strongly to that line of theory. Way too many red flags to explain away. I can see explaining away a few red flags surrounding him with innocent happenstance. However, it is the totality of the red flags that I find very troublesome.

Or need DW to roll and give more solid info on JW. They may not have enough to charge him--connect all the dots. If JW and DW communicated only in person it'd be tough to prove!

You could be right. But IMO the lead investigator was under oath and stated that despite initially holding back some info that SS driver is not a suspect in the case. He was not spinning the media. He was in a court under oath

The prosecutor made a point in her questioning to point out JW has been cooperative and his movements have been corraberated.

That's LE's job. IMO it's precisely because of the early red flags that JW was immediately investigated and according to Det. Owens "not a suspect". He has the info we have and much more. IMO JMO

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/20/suspect-in-dc-mansion-slayings-due-back-in-court/

I do hear you and others but what do you feel the DA would be willing to give DW as a deal to roll?

You could be right. But IMO the lead investigator was under oath and stated that despite initially holding back some info that SS driver is not a suspect in the case. He was not spinning the media. He was in a court under oath

The prosecutor made a point in her questioning to point out JW has been cooperative and his movements have been corraberated.

That's LE's job. IMO it's precisely because of the early red flags that JW was immediately investigated and according to Det. Owens "not a suspect". He has the info we have and much more. IMO JMO

And you could be right. Time will tell. I do feel that when they finally break this case wide open, we will ALL be surprised in some way.

I do hear you and others but what do you feel the DA would be willing to give DW as a deal to roll?

That's the trouble. What can they possibly give him? Placement in a prison nicer than Supermax? Public opinion is just not going to tolerate giving him any slack.

That's the trouble. What can they possibly give him? Placement in a prison nicer than Supermax? Public opinion is just not going to tolerate giving him any slack.

Wint is a good case for bringing back the DP. I'm very curious what the bat and duct tape evidence processing will reveal.

Police can lie to a suspect during questioning. They are not allowed to lie in court.

Police can lie to a suspect during questioning. They are not allowed to lie in court.

Police have not named him as a suspect. So Owens would not be telling a lie under oath. However, he conceded that over a hundred pieces of evidence have not been processed yet. That leaves the door open.

Great Post.... I remember when this story first broke that after hearing NG someone said to watch NG that something was "not right". That may have been a comment on MSM article.

Something just seems off there to me. I believe JW is innocent, and always have. But am not so convinced NG doesn't know more than what she is saying.

She knew the S family' every move probably regarding their schedule. She was with them for two decades. (I wonder if this can be verified) She was also VF boss' and employer, so had to pay her I would think, so should have all her contact info i.e. husband's phone number as an emergency contact at least.

I could not find any info about NG owning a company.

Also suspicious she did not answer her phone or check messages. I would think she employs others, too, wouldn't you be "on call" in a sense if you owned a business, a business that might have daily schedules to update. ????

Also when SS called her he mentioned he was calling because VF's phone was dead and they did not have a charger.

Correct me if I am mistaken but wasn't the first call she made to Vera (Vera with the dead phone) ..... this makes no sense, to me.

Opinion only.

I believe we are thinking along the same lines in how we think NG should have responded. I think NG worked as contract labor and VF was contract labor under NG. I worked as a contract laborer for 20 years. It worked well for the people who contracted me as that was a 100% write-off on their taxes. Just as part of my experience working with people who are wealthy, a cattleman/oilman and PCP's, as nice and kind and generous as they are, sometimes you get dragged into their "family" situations. You're hired to enter data into a computer and suddenly you're tutoring/helping the teenage son who insists on driving you around the town square in his red convertible... Or you're hired to transcribe medical reports and suddenly you're involved in helping a son out of a situation where someone shot an armadillo and the school wants him expelled for animal cruelty. Or you're transcribing letters to family members and Senators and Governors. These are good, philanthropic, salt-of-the-earth people but sometimes you just kind of get brought into family dramas when you work closely with them, and I have learned money does not always = happiness.

NG had a crew (as Amy mentioned in the last voicemail released) and Vera was part of that crew. I would be a curious to see a list of NG's crew and a of the contractor's crew. I would think Vera would always sort of be "on call." I can see her having a point of time where she would not take phone calls such as after 9 p.m., but to not listen to the voicemail I don't understand. What if Amy Savopoulos had changed her mind about wanting her to come to the house on Thursday??? I know it was SS that left the voicemail so she knew it wasn't Amy, but still why not listen to the voicemail as it seems the family's plans were volatile and likely to change on the spur of the moment.

NG said in one interview she called Amy first. In another interview, she calls Vera first. :notgood: Maybe she does just like to talk. I understand the public's hunger to KNOW more about the family and VF, but I thought NG went overboard in sharing and she is/was not consistent. I do agree she probably should have had VF's husband's # as a contact in case of an emergency type situation. I believe VF was NG's ears for what was going on in the family home. I know VF's husband said VF didn't speak very good English, but that doesn't mean she didn't understand what was being said a lot of the time.

At this point in the investigation, I think NG is not involved, only a very distracting red herring. Maybe she will be called as a witness too because of the voicemails and texts she received.

Regarding the green vests, I thought they belonged to SS and he still had them in his garage when AIW worked on the Verizon building - although why wouldn't they be stored at AIW??? I still wonder why he had the vest on. It's bright green. Did he think to himself, "Hmmmm, self, I'm going to put on this neon green vest on and drive a Porsche erratically through the streets so someone can be sure and remember me and identify me later." Idiot!

Okay I have been wondering about that lawn crew. No matter what time they were there on Thursday wouldn't they have wondered why the dogs (were there 2 or 3 dogs) outside?

That would have been another "red flag" that was missed inho.

I believe the lawn crew was there that Thursday morning. I cannot believe the two dogs weren't barking at the boogeyman all night long in their home which they were duct-taped out of by the boogeyman himself (especially if they were used to staying inside at night). For what it's worth my baby had a run-in with a skunk and even a bath with hydrogen peroxide and water did not abate the smell and she spent a couple of nights outside. You would have thought she was being beaten she cried and whimpered like a baby puppy, but let me tell you she BARKED a lot too. I could tell it was her fake "come look for the boogeyman" bark. Just find it hard to believe the Savopoulos' dogs didn't raise cane the entire night and next morning. Poor babies!

IF DW was the one driving the Porsche (I do realize his DNA was on the vest and eyewitnesses saw a vest, but hair description doesn't seem to match), I wonder why that vehicle was chosen. I think it would have been smarter to get into a vehicle already in the driveway. Seems it would be less noticeable that way.

Maybe he wasn't a very good driver and couldn't back up worth a carp. Could his dreads have been pulled back at the time he was driving? I know that still doesn't really fit the description by the witness.

LOTS of catching up to do! Too much wine last night! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL, I thought it was dark green with a vertical lime green stripe! Blew it up in PS and looks to be light and shadow.

I thought that too. But seeing that o thought trash was white sneakers in the Porsche video screen shot, I don't trust my vision!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member