DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He seemed proud of his new job according to his SM posts. Who knows if it was his dream job or if he was just grateful to be working for a nice man who shared his love of cars. I'm guessing it really would have turned into JW's dream job if SS could propel him (through a sponsorship or otherwise) closer to his dream of being a racer (unbroke!)

My interpretation is that he was saving face after he was let go from Autobahn and wanted people to know that things were even better now. He probably, at least at first, harbored hope that it would turn into a sponsorship and that would definitely have been a plus. I assume he had lost his Autobahn sponsorship along with his job.

I assume you meant to say Praga North America and not Prada apparel company.

LOL, yes I edited the mistake. Like I said I got the purses and the cars mixed up.

The point I was trying to make, and it took me some time is that when Mr. S hired Jay Howard as PS's new coach he also hired an internationally known professional driver but also the owner of the distribution rights for Prago race cars for the US. In essence PS was driving in races sponsored by Prago, at 10 years old. Should JW play his cards right and the connection to Jay Howard he could easily do the same for the more adult models.

JMO's

There is no reason that would cause me to assume JW was anywhere but at the scene of the fire. Neither Owens nor Bach have given any reason to suspect JW of not being accountable and accounted for in this time period.

I can't seem to find anything that indicates that JW told LE that he was hanging out at the scene for a certain period of time before he asked for his car. Is it listed in the accounting for his time and I missed it? Or did Bach or Owens say something about it? He could have been there for hours. Or he could have left for some reason--say, to meet a friend for a drink to share what would have had to been a crazy day for him, then returned. Either would totally make sense in a nonsensical circumstance.

I'm thinking he was likely there for some period of time because it just seems that's where he would run into NG and share his story about the drop off, which we know she did learn about on that day or the next.

Otherwise, all we know is that he had no interaction with LE until he asked for his car to leave. And some random report from CBS that he was gone for hours, which I take with a huge grain of salt.

But unless he, himself, says he was there the whole time I don't feel super confident assuming that's accurate. Why couldn't he leave for a bit if we wanted to?

My interpretation is that he was saving face after he was let go from Autobahn and wanted people to know that things were even better now. He probably, at least at first, harbored hope that it would turn into a sponsorship and that would definitely have been a plus. I assume he had lost his Autobahn sponsorship along with his job.

Ah yes, the famous social media humble brag. SM is so funny that way. There's such a big deal right now about how we've become this culture of people painting inaccurately positive pictures of our lives on FB. Now it seems like there is a bit of a backlash, where people are suddenly giving up the #blessed #howdidIgetsolucky hashtags and starting to value more authentic messages. (Like posting selfies with no makeup, etc.) At least one study said that looking at FB causes depression because people's real lives pale in comparison to the awesome-looking lives of their FB friends! Anyway, OT. But, you are right.

Yes, that's what I understand people are thinking as well. It sounds like LE broadened the perimeter of the scene and when they did, it happened that JW's BMW was the last car parked before the tape ended. (I sort of recall hearing something about the broadening happening when the bodies were found, but I'm sorta guessing that's spec.)

I agree but IMO LE didn't just happen to broaden the crime scene and close in JW's car. IMO, that was done on purpose and JW's car was the reason for expanding the tape. IMO, how ironic is it that LE would expand the tape and just so happen to take it just far enough to close in this bmw driven by JW. Imo, prior to JW arriving at the crime scene asking about his car , LE had information about JW andwhat type of car he drove. He was then taken straight to homicide.

Then.....he gets there and LIE. Not good.

IMO

I agree but IMO LE didn't just happen to broaden the crime scene and close in JW's car. IMO, that was done on purpose and JW's car was the reason for expanding the tape. IMO, how ironic is it that LE would expand the tape and just so happen to take it just far enough to close in this bmw driven by JW. Imo, prior to JW arriving at the crime scene asking about his car , LE had information about JW andwhat type of car he drove. He was then taken straight to homicide.

Then.....he gets there and LIE. Not good.

IMO

I think that is highly possible, even probable. LE can find out things really quickly. And my guess is that it wasn't one guy canvassing the neighborhood for info. They would be tracking down as much as possible about who the S's had been in contact with that day. And, if NG was at the scene and talking, then she would have been telling LE everything. And, if she knew at that point that JW had dropped off the $40k, then LE would have been interested in talking to JW.
IMO, he drove a neon green car because it would stand out, not blend in. I don't think it's a stretch to think that they ran the license plate. I think it's very possible that they taped in the car, just so that they could make sure they were able to speak with him. But if he were there the whole time, I wonder why they wouldn't have been able to track him down in the crowd earlier.

ETA: removed that JW painted his car neon green. He might have chosen it already painted that color.

Is the soon-to-be-executed SW referred to in the PH for the cell phones? I wonder if those phones are already in LE's possession but procedurally they have to execute a SW?

"The United States Supreme Court unanimously ruled that the search incident to arrest of an arrestee’s cell phone is not permissible without a warrant — except in specific emergency circumstances such as “child abduction and the threat of bombs being detonated.”
The ruling addressed two separate cases — Riley v. California and U.S. v. Wurie— with each matter involving defendants whose cell phones were searched incident to arrest. Those searches subsequently led to both Riley and Wurie being charged and convicted."

I think that is highly possible, even probable. LE can find out things really quickly. And my guess is that it wasn't one guy canvassing the neighborhood for info. They would be tracking down as much as possible about who the S's had been in contact with that day. And, if NG was at the scene and talking, then she would have been telling LE everything. And, if she knew at that point that JW had dropped off the $40k, then LE would have been interested in talking to JW.
He painted his car neon green so that it would stand out, not blend in. I don't think it's a stretch to think that they ran the license plate. I think it's very possible that they taped in the car, just so that they could make sure they were able to speak with him. But if he were there the whole time, I wonder why they wouldn't have been able to track him down in the crowd earlier.

I understood from previous posts that green color was a factory color.... is that incorrect?

I can't seem to find anything that indicates that JW told LE that he was hanging out at the scene for a certain period of time before he asked for his car. Is it listed in the accounting for his time and I missed it? Or did Bach or Owens say something about it? He could have been there for hours. Or he could have left for some reason--say, to meet a friend for a drink to share what would have had to been a crazy day for him, then returned. Either would totally make sense in a nonsensical circumstance.

I'm thinking he was likely there for some period of time because it just seems that's where he would run into NG and share his story about the drop off, which we know she did learn about on that day or the next.

Otherwise, all we know is that he had no interaction with LE until he asked for his car to leave. And some random report from CBS that he was gone for hours, which I take with a huge grain of salt.

But unless he, himself, says he was there the whole time I don't feel super confident assuming that's accurate. Why couldn't he leave for a bit if we wanted to?
IMO it doesn't matter if he was sitting on his thumb or doing jumping jacks in the short period after he arrived at the scene until he identified himself to LE. It is not a concern to LE or the chief prosecutor and there is no reason to imagine he was up to subversive activities.

Hours can mean 2 even. That makes sense to me. He stands around the scene, in shock, talking with NG, and whomever else drove out to the house. And after a hour or so, he knows the ropes are still up, and so he walks to get a coffee and make some calls and center himself. I think he may have called his mom or dad or both, and explained the situation and tried to get a handle on it. He walks back an hour later and talks to the cops. JMO

It also makes me wonder if his Dad scared the chit out of him during the call. For example: 'You WHAT??!!??? You dropped off 40k in the garage and now the house burned down and there were bodies inside? Are you kidding me? The cops are going to come at you hard , son. '====== Or something like that?

Yeah, this would make sense, and would also align with the just slightly pointed language Owens was using. I'm sure IF JW left the scene, he probably told LE that he left. Maybe he thought the tape would be down when he got back.

ETA: Told him in the interview or after, not prior to leaving. We do know, if what Owens is saying is correct, that the only time LE had contact with JW at the scene was when JW was wanting to get his car out.

IMO it doesn't matter if he was sitting on his thumb or doing jumping jacks in the short period after he arrived at the scene until he identified himself to LE. It is not a concern to LE or the chief prosecutor and there is no reason to imagine he was up to subversive activities.

I agree. That would not be an assumption I would make. And I did not know he was at the scene for only a short period before he asked for his car. Is that spec or did someone say that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understood from previous posts that green color was a factory color.... is that incorrect?

I don't know. I would not buy it because I would not want to stand out in a neon green car, so whether he chose the color in terms of purchasing it that way or chose to paint it that way, it's the same to me. Unless he got a way big discount on that color and really wished he could silver instead.

Argh. It looks like I have to read the transcript yet a third time. I do remember the part about him not having a code or remote. Something must be wonky, because JW's final account of his actions in the affidavit said that he closed the garage door, and if he didn't, that would mean that his final account was still untrue. Maybe what Katy said is possible then, that he saw DW come out and get the money. Maybe it scared the bejeezus about of him.

I think in the affidavit, JW states he closed the garage door in his first story. He never addresses the closing of the garage door in the second story - just that the Mosler was not locked, so he didn't actually have to search for a key.

I was just thinking, reading that part again, that if JW did steal any of the money, it would have been a better story to say the Mosler was unlocked and the garage door open - that would be a good way to indicate that someone else could have taken money out of the car. That's not what he told the detectives in his first story. I still haven't figured out why he told the different stories and which ones are even the true ones! JMO

Just a guess: Maybe he had keys to the vehicles, that were sitting in the driveway. It's possible, since it was his job to drive SS. He could have unlocked one of those vehicles with his keys, and hit the remote button on the opener. After he put the money in the Mosler, walked back out, hit that same remote, locked the vehicle, and left. IMO, no way he saw DW.

That could work. Why wouldn't he tell that to the detectives if that's what happened?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by kammiemc
He painted his car neon green so that it would stand out, not blend in. I don't think it's a stretch to think that they ran the license plate. I think it's very possible that they taped in the car, just so that they could make sure they were able to speak with him. But if he were there the whole time, I wonder why they wouldn't have been able to track him down in the crowd earlier.

atthelake
user-online.png

I don't know. I would not buy it because I would not want to stand out in a neon green car, so whether he chose the color in terms of purchasing it that way or chose to paint it that way, it's the same to me. Unless he got a way big discount on that color and really wished he could silver instead.

So... he did or did not paint his car neon green? Is the green a factory color and it was purchased with that color?
"He painted his car neon green" was expressed as fact, but this statement appears to be misspeaking.

LOL, yes I edited the mistake. Like I said I got the purses and the cars mixed up.

The point I was trying to make, and it took me some time is that when Mr. S hired Jay Howard as PS's new coach he also hired an internationally known professional driver but also the owner of the distribution rights for Prago race cars for the US. In essence PS was driving in races sponsored by Prago, at 10 years old. Should JW play his cards right and the connection to Jay Howard he could easily do the same for the more adult models.

JMO's

Play his cards right? PS was a student at St. Alban, do you think that if JW played his cards right he could get SS to pay for a private university education for him? PS got to go to Chevy Chase Club. Do you think if JW played his cards right, he could join Chevy Chase Club. No. There are things you do for your child, and benefits of being part of a family that do not extend to an assistant. JW doesn't understand boundaries. This is wishful, fantasy thinking....bordering on delusional. Even if you are smart and wealthy, there are exclusive things you can't get because of simply not being born into the right family for those things.

That could work. Why wouldn't he tell that to the detectives if that's what happened?

Perhaps he did tell that to detectives, but the detectives got very confused.

I just want to point out that It is okay for laymen to be curious about things that may or may not be a concern to the prosecution (heck they're not on WS because they already know all the facts they have and don't have.) We are still trying to figure things out.
Plus, we don't know what's going to interest them tomorrow. IMO. I understand that some posts make bigger, more confident assumptions and inferences than others, (no more arrests so dw acted alone, period) (JW is cleared so no discussion of him!) and that's totally fine, but I don't think it's necessary for any of us to put filters on what others want to discuss if they are trying to figure out details that don't align with our own assumptions or inferences--unless it's against TOS. IMO.

What is FWIW? What reference is there that JW identifies himself as white? As a multi-racial family, not one of my sons have ever "proclaimed" to be black or white. It's never....ever been a conversation. Our conversations as parents have been about truth, honesty, respect and tolerance of differences. They have grown up in suburbs quite comfortably but they are young men.......black, white or purple. Their mistakes are based on their actions and behaviors.....not their race. And they know that. I don't have statistics on biracial children and what "color" they identify with, but based on my experience., raising my own young men, they mark "black" for the box. It doesn't mean they are any less white......it means you have to check a box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FWIW = For what it's worth

On JW's traffic offense, his "race" is given as "WHITE,CAUCASIAN,ASIATIC INDIAN,ARAB".

ITA with everything you said. My statement that JW identifies himself as "white" was in response to someone else's post that JW, as a black, urban youth, might have been afraid of talking to the police. I understand why some young men might be afraid of the police, especially given what has been exposed in MSM in the last few years, in many cases thanks to the relatively recent prevalence of camera phones. If someone believes that JW was afraid of the police because he is a black, urban male, and only because of that description, I was just pointing out that it appears he self identifies as white (or as you said, checked the white box instead of black) and he is from the suburbs, so that theory didn't hold water for me. If young white men are not expected to have the same fear of police, if JW self-identifies as "white", would he be expected to be less fearful of police than if he self-identifies as "black"? His father is also former LE, so I'd think he would have a different perception of police. Having said that, the mayor of NYC said he has had to have "the talk" with his biracial son, because he (the father) knows it can be a dangerous world for young black men.

BTW, I think "the box" is stupid. I understand why it's there sometimes, but skin color is an extremely narrow, superficial and inaccurate way to define someone. JMO

My kids are bi-racial too. And live in a nice suburb. But we are just North of Los Angeles, so they know city life. Some paperwork has started adding 'bi-racial ' as an option. My daughter used to check "other' when given that choice. LOL

I check "other" on those boxes, because I don't think my skin color is anybody's business and don't believe it is relevant to most/any forms that ask it. If it's so my body can be identified in a ditch some day, I'll go ahead and check the closest box. I don't want to be buried in a pauper grave, never identified because I'm trying to make a political point. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1