DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very basic thinking here, but they could feel the car to see whether it was warm or cold. Imprecise, but cold would be cold and that can't be faked.

:drumroll:

I'm not certain precisely how it works, but I would think the first call after 911 received the notification that SS's house was on fire and dispatched the firemen, was for 911 authorities to attempt to contact the homeowners, either SS or AS, or both? Being unable to reach them, maybe they had AIW contact info and contacted AIW next? IDK.
But switching gears a bit, I've been thinking about the red bag situation. Something from the PH doesn't make sense to me.

Below is taken from pages 30-35 of PH:

Q=Ago
A=Owens

Q: The employee, according to W-1, then took the money
from his pockets and put it in W-1's bag; is that right?
A: That's correct.
Q: Now W-1 described his bag as a red bag; is that
right?
A: Yeah.
Q: At some point W-1 texted a photograph inside of a red bag to a witness numbered as

Q: And the police never recovered any -- never found any bag containing red lining in that car; is that correct?
A: Not to my knowledge, no.
Q: No red bag at all?
A: No.
Q: The only thing in terms of a bag recovered from W-1's car was a black backpack, correct?A: Yes.
Q: Have you asked W-1 what happened to the red bag?
BACH: Your Honor, objection.
COURT: You can answer that yes or no.
Q: When I say you, I mean the police, not you personally. So your answer the same?

I thought the SW revealed there were two backpacks recovered from the car? A black one and an orange one?

Very basic thinking here, but they could feel the car to see whether it was warm or cold. Imprecise, but cold would be cold and that can't be faked.

:drumroll:

Sure, but neither JW nor Bach nor Owens, nor any reports in MSM has ever claimed that JW drove up his car and it immediately got taped in while warm. We can assume that is the case but it wouldn't be based on any facts or statements.
So any ideas to the contrary are not disputing any claims or necessarily insinuating anything nefarious at all.
Even though this isn't a LOL statement by me, I feel that to fit in culturally I should probably use an emoticon to show that I am in a lighthearted mood :drumroll:

Study this picture closely.

When fire equiptment responded to the SS house arriving aprox. at 1:30pm, the police, using cruisers, blocked Woodland at Garfield(to the north) and 31st Place(to the south)immediately in order to keep traffic away from the scene of the fire. As you can see in the upper part of this picture, where the fire trucks are parked is the intersection of Woodland and 32nd St. and that intersection is completely impassable. Where the photographer is standing and to his right is 31st Place where traffic was being diverted.

Giving JW an arrival time of between 2:45pm(JayMac's time) or 3:00pm(my time), he would have had to proceed past the blocking police cruiser in order to park NORTH of that cruiser. The BMW is his car, as you can see in this picture the decal on the rear window of the Broke Racers Club. How likely would it have been for JW to persuade the officer to move his cruiser so that JW could park given the unfolding situation happening up the street? The only other explanation would be that JW used a different car to go to VA and return. Then, the PH transcript makes much more sense in JW approaching LE trying to get the BMW out from behind the crime scene tape.

Any takers?

I hope LE has the Lowes parking lot video as well as witness statements from those people at the dojo that could provide light on what vehicle JW was driving that Thursday afternoon.

AtTheLake, this is not a challenge at all, just want to understand. Are you saying that 30 mins post the fire dept arriving, so approx 1:54, the fire was contained and the markers were set up so that cars (presumably) couldn't drive past those markers into the area where JW's BMW was parked?

I don't think it's a totally crazy thought that JW could have driven a different car (my old nanny/personal asst always drove my car and parked her car at my house, every single day) but I can't see why JW would have parked a block away in a 2-hour zone for non-locals.

Rover, are you thinking there is an implication to this time discrepancy (assuming here that it is accurate)? I am open and have no idea about this witness based on all we know and don't know--and also it struck me a bit how adamant Bach was that Ago not be able to ask how JW's whereabouts were verified. Makes me think there is a chance that the verification methods were not rock solid.

Kam, I was just reviewing past articles and trying to pull thing together from initial reports, that's all. I'm dizzy with all the varying reports, so I don't have a strong opinion at this time.... e.g.

Nelly said Figueroa's husband went to the home the morning of May 14 to look for her.....The fire at the home was reported about four hours later.
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-DNA-New-York-Daron-Dylon-Wint-304570831.html

Firefighters received the initial call for reports of smoke at around 1:30 p.m. Thursday. Dispatch information showed there were heavy fire conditions on the second floor and attic of the home. D.C. Assistant Fire Chief Craig Baker said 50 firefighters responded and it took about 30 minutes to get the fire under control.....When fire personnel went inside to battle the fire, they discovered the four victims dead at the scene, said D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser.....Chief Lanier said a blue 2008 Porsche 911 with D.C. license plate DK2418 was seen at the home at 10:30 a.m. Thursday before it left the area.
http://www.totpi.com/2/3-adults-1-child-found-dead-at-suspicious-nw-dc-house-fire/

The tragic discovery came as firefighters swarmed at the massive brick home, located near the Washington National Cathedral, around 1:15 p.m. It took approximately 30 minutes for them to put out the blaze...Neighbor Joe Carregal said he was walking his dog when he smelled smoke and went to check out what was happening down the block from where he lives.... "It was all smoke and then boom, it went to fire, coming from the second floor," he said. A man started knocking on the door but no one answered, Carregal said. Firefighters arrived shortly after and had to break down the door. They used two ladder trucks to get to the roof. Within about 15 minutes, "we saw three people come out on stretchers," Carregal said, adding that medics were performing CPR, trying to revive the three..
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/4-found-dead-home-suspicious-fire-fd-article-1.2222874

ETA: I had read today an article saying the fire dept called LE immediately upon findings (so if carrying out bodies in 15 minutes, that jives with this article)

His car was parked at the very end of a block. Streets in all directions were closed off that far away from the house.

<modsnip>

Why is JW's green BMW any flashier than the red Audi or even bigger, the red Mosler that SS owned and parked on his property? <modsnip>

attachment.php

This is the green BMW in question. This is not NEON green to me. And it doesn't stand out.

:dunno: But I really wanna contact that reporter in that nice suit and ask HIM about it :giggle:

Anyone know who that reporter is???

So close, and yet so farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from the breaking news story on the car he was near :giggle:

:angel:

A thread or so ago, someone did an updated visual of the streets and where the car was and where the tapes were. Does anyone have that link saved to throw it up again? TIA

:dunno: But I really wanna contact that reporter in that nice suit and ask HIM about it :giggle:

Anyone know who that reporter is???

So close, and yet so farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from the breaking news story on the car he was near :giggle:

:angel:
Totally off topic, but, that reporter looks so much like my husband's old boss, it stops me in my tracks every time that image pops up on the thread. Sooooo weird.

I'm not certain precisely how it works, but I would think the first call after 911 received the notification that SS's house was on fire and dispatched the firemen, was for 911 authorities to attempt to contact the homeowners, either SS or AS, or both? Being unable to reach them, maybe they had AIW contact info and contacted AIW next? IDK.
But switching gears a bit, I've been thinking about the red bag situation. Something from the PH doesn't make sense to me.

Q=Ago
A=Owens

right?
Q: At some point W-1 texted a photograph inside of a red bag to a witness numbered as

Q: And the police never recovered any -- never found any bag containing red lining in that car; is that correct?
Q: The only thing in terms of a bag recovered from W-1's car was a black backpack, correct?A: Yes.
Q: When I say you, I mean the police, not you personally. So your answer the same?

I thought the SW revealed there were two backpacks recovered from the car? A black one and an orange one?

I think that Owens just didn't know. Or pretended not to know.
I am not telling you anything you don't know, but this hearing was ONLY about sending DW on to court; it was not about clarifying facts of the case--especially ones that would make anyone else but DW look even slightly suspicious.
I think the bench convos reveal where Bach might not be so confident (because she didn't want the info given to defense): how j-dub's whereabouts were verified, the new search warrant.IMO

Q=Ago
A=Owens

right?

911 isn't going to call AIW. The neighbors who came out to look might have given Fire Dept or LE info. Since the bodies were right where the fire was the worst I'm sure it didn't take long for them to realize it was a crime scene.

Now the alarm system if on and connected to smoke detector like my system would call emergency contact numbers like SS and AS cell phones and work number or family or neighbors--whomever had been listed by the S family.

AtTheLake, this is not a challenge at all, just want to understand. Are you saying that 30 mins post the fire dept arriving, so approx 1:54, the fire was contained and the markers were set up so that cars (presumably) couldn't drive past those markers into the area where JW's BMW was parked?

I don't think it's a totally crazy thought that JW could have driven a different car (my old nanny/personal asst always drove my car and parked her car at my house, every single day) but I can't see why JW would have parked a block away in a 2-hour zone for non-locals.

Rover, are you thinking there is an implication to this time discrepancy (assuming here that it is accurate)? I am open and have no idea about this witness based on all we know and don't know--and also it struck me a bit how adamant Bach was that Ago not be able to ask how JW's whereabouts were verified. Makes me think there is a chance that the verification was not rock solid.

ETA: Now that I think about it, it would only make sense that JW always drove the S cars if JW almost always drove SS to work (according to Owens). No matter how down-to-earth and wonderful SS absolutely seems to have been, I am really sure he would have preferred to be transported to work in one of his cars rather than JW's--even though lime green is common and BMW's are nice (I have the lowest of the low 2012 model myself in white. It's okay for me to commute in, but all my family members hate riding in it).

The reason he parked a block away was because that was as close as he could get with the police crime scene tape blocking any closer location.

The reason he parked a block away was because that was as close as he could get with the police crime scene tape blocking any closer location.

Yes, I realize that! My post was in the context of a discussion about whether he might have driven a different car to Chantilly (if perhaps he drove the S cars while on the job--totally possible). One reason it wouldn't seem that he had taken another car to Chantilly and left his own parked for the day is that it seems he would have chosen to park closer to the house (this would have been long before the fire).

Q=Ago
A=Owens

right?

Also, didn't one of the bags have red lining? I'm not trying to be funny (surprise).

Sure, but neither JW nor Bach nor Owens, nor any reports in MSM has ever claimed that JW drove up his car and it immediately got taped in while warm. We can assume that is the case but it wouldn't be based on any facts or statements.
So any ideas to the contrary are not disputing any claims or necessarily insinuating anything nefarious at all.
Even though this isn't a LOL statement by me, I feel that to fit in culturally I should probably use an emoticon to show that I am in a lighthearted mood :drumroll:

No, but there is that cbs statement claiming JW parked there and returned hours later to find his car taped in. A cold (or hot/warm) car would also negate the idea postulated by many here that JW left his car there in the morning after dropping off the cash and drove away in the Porsche.

That would make the car...cold.

No, but there is that cbs statement claiming JW parked there and returned hours later to find his car taped in. A cold (or hot/warm) car would also negate the idea postulated by many here that JW left his car there in the morning after dropping off the cash and drove away in the Porsche.

That would make the car...cold.

Good point. If the car was warm when he returned to it then he couldn't have been gone for hours. I wonder if they touched it to see. Although I guess they knew when the tape went up so probably already knew how long the car had been there--at least since the tape went up.

They will also break the tape in order to let vehicles in or out. They have to patch-piece it back together.

Men are more refined, we lift the tape up for cars to get under and untie it for firetrucks. ;)

Also, didn't one of the bags have red lining? I'm not trying to be funny (surprise).

It always comes back to the red bag :)
The black back pack was a Herschel. And, indeed they use a lot of red in their lining. (Below is a pic from a quick image search.) I know that in the transcript Owens said that JW referred to his bag as a red bag, but in the affidavit it was said that it was red-lined, and Owens didn't seem totally straight on the facts in the affidavit. I think the black Herschel back pack could very well be the elusive red bag!Screen Shot 2015-08-04 at 9.59.54 AM.png ETA: The return didn't say that the black bag had red lining. That was just our own sleuthing to find out that Herschels often have red lining.

Good point. If the car was warm when he returned to it then he couldn't have been gone for hours. I wonder if they touched it to see. Although I guess they knew when the tape went up so probably already knew how long the car had been there--at least since the tape went up.

Um does this work in May went it's warm outside? It's not like this happened in the winter. It was 78 degrees that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member