DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It always comes back to the red bag :)
The black back pack was a Herschel. And, indeed they use a lot of red in their lining. (Below is a pic from a quick image search.) I know that in the transcript Owens said that JW referred to his bag as a red bag, but in the affidavit it was said that it was red-lined, and Owens didn't seem totally straight on the facts in the affidavit. I think the black Herschel back pack could very well be the elusive red bag!View attachment 79409 ETA: The return didn't say that the black bag had red lining. That was just our own sleuthing to find out that Herschels often have red lining.

Great find! And I agree with you about the Herschel red lining - fits the bill. :D

Yeah, this does get frustrating, a backpack with red lining would make absolutely sense for both the picture sent and the fact that LE didn't find a redlined bag if they don't equate a backpack with being a bag. *sigh*. Sure looking forward to learning more facts, although it appears that facts can be interpreted by the Person-1 giving them, Person-2 hearing or reading them, Person-2 relating their understanding to Person-3, and so on.

It's so easy to misunderstand things on so many levels, especially for this. This concept would make a great game - how many ways can a (seemingly) simple description be interpreted? Is there such a game already out there? :eek:ddsmile:

grrr.
My ODD SIL (Oppositional Defiance Disorder, but ODD is so, so perfect) would say: "Of course a backpack is not a bag. Am I right? Am I right?"

Great find! And I agree with you about the Herschel red lining - fits the bill. :D

Yeah, this does get frustrating, a backpack with red lining would make absolutely sense for both the picture sent and the fact that LE didn't find a redlined bag if they don't equate a backpack with being a bag. *sigh*. Sure looking forward to learning more facts, although it appears that facts can be interpreted by the Person-1 giving them, Person-2 hearing or reading them, Person-2 relating their understanding to Person-3, and so on.

It's so easy to misunderstand things on so many levels, especially for this. This concept would make a great game - how many ways can a (seemingly) simple description be interpreted? Is there such a game already out there? :eek:ddsmile:

grrr.
My ODD SIL (Oppositional Defiance Disorder, but ODD is so, so perfect) would say: "Of course a backpack is not a bag. Am I right? Am I right?"

I totally agree. I still follow the case because I am slightly obsessed with knowing the perp/perps pay greatly for what they did to this lovely family. But I also want to find out the facts/details that have been so convoluted. And the strategy fascinates me.

I don't understand why JW would have wanted to take one of SS's cars that morning. He was heading to Chantilly to the Dojo. If he switched cars then he would have to come back to DC to get his own car when he wanted to leave. Seems like a waste of time, imo. And wouldn't he have said to SS, " I left the package, took the Bentley to Dojo" ...or something?

I think sometimes we are over thinking things. I feel like the simplest version of events is more likely to be the truthful one. He was at the Dojo, got an urgent call from AIW looking for SS, and he jumped into the neon bomber and rushed to the fire. JMO

I don't understand why JW would have wanted to take one of SS's cars that morning. He was heading to Chantilly to the Dojo. If he switched cars then he would have to come back to DC to get his own car when he wanted to leave. Seems like a waste of time, imo. And wouldn't he have said to SS, " I left the package, took the Bentley to Dojo" ...or something?

I think sometimes we are over thinking things. I feel like the simplest version of events is more likely to be the truthful one. He was at the Dojo, got an urgent call from AIW looking for SS, and he jumped into the neon bomber and rushed to the fire. JMO

I don't think he took a different car to the dojo. However, it is also weird to me that he didn't converse with SS about the fact that he was going to Lowes and the dojo. Like "Alright, dropped off the package and going to the dojo. Let me know if you want me to do anything there or pick up anything at Lowes!" We could assume that he got his marching orders the day before and so didn't need to say touch base on that again, but still weird given the what seemed like some heat around the impending opening of the dojo.

No, but there is that cbs statement claiming JW parked there and returned hours later to find his car taped in. A cold (or hot/warm) car would also negate the idea postulated by many here that JW left his car there in the morning after dropping off the cash and drove away in the Porsche.

That would make the car...cold.

I wonder how diligent they are about enforcing the 2 hour (non-resident) parking limit. In my neighborhood, it's a great source of income for the city. I would be surprised if JW regularly parked his car on the street for the day, but maybe public works/LE doesn't ticket in that neighborhood.

grrr.

If we could see the texted photo, we'd have a better idea if the Herschel backpack is the "red lined bag". It makes perfect sense to me!

I wonder how diligent they are about enforcing the 2 hour (non-resident) parking limit. In my neighborhood, it's a great source of income for the city. I would be surprised if JW regularly parked his car on the street for the day, but maybe public works/LE doesn't ticket in that neighborhood.

If they ticket on itty bitty, hidden, Highland Pl., there's no way they'd give that street a pass. If the city gives any block a break, I believe it's in a different ward. (Moo, said the cash cow.)

Maybe he normally took public transportation and used their cars during the day (or even drove them home sometimes if he was to pick SS in the AM. Or parked his car in their driveway. Or a combo!

If they ticket on itty bitty, hidden, Highland Pl., there's no way they'd give that street a pass. If the city gives any block a break, I believe it's in a different ward. (Moo, said the cash cow.)

Highland Place gets heavily patrolled and ticketed because of NCRC (the preschool), which is on that block. Parking enforcement officers are always there in response to neighbor complaints that parkers without zone stickers are staying more than two hours. I've never had issues parking on Woodland for periods of over two hours, or on other nearby streets for longer periods without a sticker. When there are big events at STA, NCS and Beauvoir (Flower Mart, graduations, etc), the parking patrols are more diligent on ticketing offenders on surrounding neighborhood streets. School families are asked to not park on the neighborhood streets for these events and it is known that if one parks without a zone sticker for more than two hours at these times, a ticket is very likely!

Maybe he normally took public transportation and used their cars during the day (or even drove them home sometimes if he was to pick SS in the AM. Or parked his car in their driveway. Or a combo!

Doubt public transportation. But thought it would make sense if he left his car at AIW and drove one of SS' cars from there (or even VA AIW) on occasion. Seems like a waste of time and gas to have JW drive from MD to DC then drive SS back to MD, especially since SS likes to drive. I imagine he may have driven him on occasion to a meeting, or somewhere that SS didn't want to park. I wonder what car SS would expect him to drive when running errands - JW's own car or one of SS'? It makes a little more sense for JW to pick him up in DC and drive him to VA, but not a lot. JMO

Somehow I missed this video footage of the Porsche fire. The fire scene starts at about 1:17. Wonder if this guy is LE? (But no hint of uniform.) In the video he is just a flash across the frame and you can't make out at all. But I took a screen shot of the video. I have no idea what the men in DW's convoy look but I think we all know W-3's description of the Porsche driver by heart. (DW's pic is clearly composed into the shot, but this other guy is live action in the scene.)
Screen Shot 2015-08-04 at 4.00.30 PM.png

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2015/07/20/daron-wint-due-back-in-court-for-dc-mansion-savopoulos-murders/30403319/

I don't remember anything from the PH about how DW got to the home. Did Defense attorney ask? Must be on neighborhood surveillance tapes.

I don't remember anything from the PH about how DW got to the home. Did Defense attorney ask? Must be on neighborhood surveillance tapes.

Owens said that he had not seen any video of DW in the neighborhood. (So I guess that's a no. Unless it is that he has not identified or gone through all the available video yet.)

OT. I love Highland Pl. That's my neighborhood!

ETA. I must have been thinking of a different Highland Pl. I was thinking it was near The Philips Collection. Never mind...

You should explore this Highland Pl.. I lived just off it, and it is my absolute favorite residential area of DC. The homes are beyond gorgeous. You could build in a stroll past the SS place and visit the Zoo and Cathedral and have a beautiful sleuth fest while enjoying your exercise.

Somehow I missed this video footage of the Porsche fire. The fire scene starts at about 1:17. Wonder if this guy is LE? (But no hint of uniform.) Here is a freeze frame of him. I have no idea what the men in DW's convoy look but I think we all know W-3's description of the Porsche driver by heart.
View attachment 79429

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2015/07/20/daron-wint-due-back-in-court-for-dc-mansion-savopoulos-murders/30403319/
I always assumed this was a composite shot and DW and JW were pictured.

Men are more refined, we lift the tape up for cars to get under and untie it for firetrucks. ;)

Yeah..they lift toilet seat too... Yet men cannot put the toilet seat down when they are done !!!!

:floorlaugh:

I always assumed this was a composite shot and DW and JW were pictured.

I can see why you would think that, but this is MY freeze frame of the video. In the video, this guy is not even on for half a second. He is a flash across frame in front of camera in the foreground of the fire. He is not composed. He is in the environment and this was not created by an editor for the intention of a viewer seeing this guy. In fact, the only way you CAN see him is to freeze frame the video, otherwise he's a blur. But it's a surprisingly clear shot even for my bad eyes. (However, DW is obviously composed as he's not in environment and is in a still shot.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see why you would think that, but this is MY freeze frame of the video. In the video, this guy is not even on for half a second. He is a flash across frame in front of camera in the foreground of the fire. He is not composed. He is in the environment and this was not created by an editor for the intention of a viewer seeing this guy. In fact, the only way you CAN see him is to freeze frame the video, otherwise he's a blur. But it's a surprisingly clear shot even for my bad eyes. (However, DW is obviously composed as he's not in environment and is in a still shot.)

This was discussed previously in the thread. It was decided that he is probably a fire fighter, as two of the other blurs are fire fighters.

I wish we knew about that video clip! Is it from surveillance cameras or is it from a bystander or reporter at the scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member