DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

Oh my gosh. This is getting funny. That is exactly my point. Those are interesting facts to consider because Owens did not answer YES, and yet he did not clarify why or what he knew. Instead, he only made a little vague caveat.
It would be assumed that JW drove back from Chantilly (you could say returned from Chantilly) to the house once hearing about the fire and parked his car, which then got taped in. But with Owens' little caveat, it does leave the door open to all kinds of things: Did JW take another car to and from Chantilly? Did he get a ride with someone else? Etc.?
Someone here on WS made the drive from Chantilly to the 3201 at around the same time of day and said it would have been impossible for JW to have made the drive after hearing about the fires in time to get to 3201 and park before the tape went up. That could be accurate or not accurate, but it's interesting when you couple it with what Owens said. That's all. Hopefully I am not being confusing.

ETA: the person who did the test drive said it would have been impossible for JW to make the drive to the scene in time to be parked where he was with tape up at the time the pic was taken that showed it. (Meaning the time that the perimeter was broadened.)

I am not sure if that experiment was accurate because IIRC, the WS member used 1:45 as the time that JW would leave the Dojo. I am not sure if that is accurate timing. I think he may have been called earlier than that. If the fire was reported at 1:24, then AIW might have been called within minutes of that time. JMO

Perhaps he did tell that to detectives, but the detectives got very confused.

This does happen. Until we see the video(s) it isn't possible for us to know whether or not the police fairly characterized JW's answers.

People speak imprecisely in conversation as a rule and these interviews are usually conversational. Further everyone describes events in their own way - sketchy with what they personally think are the most important details first, in excruciatingly minute detail, disjointed skipping back and forth between details, out of chron order filling in details as remembered, and on and on.

Everyone is different. Suggesting how one would or should speak to police either on the street or in a police station is almost a fruitless exercise. There is no one way. This is why you have to go over events with witnesses or defendants multiple times - so people can recollect more details the more they are asked to recall and repeat the events or so people can correct initial misrecollections.

You can be sure that the prosecutors saw the videos of JW's interviews and that is really all the matters. Whether Det. Owens ever sees them is rather irrelevant at this point.

As others have pointed out, I would remind people that the police witnesses at PHs are there to give as little discovery or information as they can do without being untruthful. They are under oath after all. But they aren't there to clear things up for the defense if they can help it. Again, police officers vary and some are just naturally more forthcoming than others. Also many officers or detectives are very tired when they appear in court - often they have done night shifts or worked over time during the night. They often sleep in the witness rooms until they are called to take the stand.

"But if LE can choose a race for people, when they are racially profiling people, why wouldn't they just call everyone white?"
That would be a lie if LE were to "just call everyone white". Not all LE are liars. Some are liars (and worse), but most LE try to do right. IMO!

I didn't mean LE in general. I meant someone who was racially profiling (pulling over people because they think they're a particular race), which is illegal, might also be willing to lie about it. I don't think most LE racially profiles or lies. JMO.

For me, it could go either way, but I tend to think that if they cared enough about the car to purposefully tape it in, they would have run the license plate and figured out it was associated to SS's new assistant. Then they could have tried to find him in the small crowd or just waited for him to approach.

That would mean they had to already know that JW was SS' employee. Who do you think told them? I have a couple of ideas, but I'm curious what you (and others) think.

I am not sure if that experiment was accurate because IIRC, the WS member used 1:45 as the time that JW would leave the Dojo. I am not sure if that is accurate timing. I think he may have been called earlier than that. If the fire was reported at 1:24, then AIW might have been called within minutes of that time. JMO

I certainly appreciate our colleague's efforts in trying to retrace JW's journey but the time seemed rather long to me. Especially for someone who seems to like speed and would know how to maneuver that route in the shortest time. I can't imagine that journey ever taking longer than maybe 40 minutes to my place and I am only minutes from Woodland. But then maybe I am just impatient and reckless.

But why would he need to review JW's interview before a PH for DW? It has little bearing on the DW indictment. This is not the trial. I am sure he will review it if DW takes the stand and/or if he needs to discuss him.

Unrelated to the PH, I would have thought the lead detective would review JW's interview(s) before putting the other LE's information in his sworn statement. (I obviously don't know much about affidavits!) When I read the affidavit(s) early on, for some reason I assumed the person who signed it actually conducted the interviews. I know now that's not the case, and it's possible that JW's interviews lasted several hours and Owens didn't have time (or feel the need) to review it all before including it in the affidavit. I'm still surprised that the lead detective was never included in JW's interview(s), as it seems he was their first hot lead in the investigation. I guess that's just not how it works.

I don't know. I would not buy it because I would not want to stand out in a neon green car, so whether he chose the color in terms of purchasing it that way or chose to paint it that way, it's the same to me. Unless he got a way big discount on that color and really wished he could silver instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. Two of my neighbors have lime green cars, and I live in a pretty nice neighborhood. Really not that uncommon.

My interpretation is that he was saving face after he was let go from Autobahn and wanted people to know that things were even better now. He probably, at least at first, harbored hope that it would turn into a sponsorship and that would definitely have been a plus. I assume he had lost his Autobahn sponsorship along with his job.

I don't know. Working at an autobahn, or being the assistant to a wealth, seemingly nice and generous man. Me personally, I'd jump all over being the assistant. Jmo

That would mean they had to already know that JW was SS' employee. Who do you think told them? I have a couple of ideas, but I'm curious what you (and others) think.

Who do we think we know was at the scene the second day the events took place? I wish I had any ideas at all, except of course JW. Who do we think reached out to the police when the arson was discovered? I think we believe that NG and W-2 initiated contact. Poor Vera's husband, perhaps initiated contact after visiting the residence. The landscapers may have had overlap and noted for police that the car was associated with the home. Mrs. Kravitz?

What an interesting line of questioning. Thanks!

I don't know. Working at an autobahn, or being the assistant to a wealth, seemingly nice and generous man. Me personally, I'd jump all over being the assistant. Jmo

He lost more than a job when he was fired from Autobahn. He lost his racing sponsor, a social hub and opportunities to be in MSM. I don't think SS replaced all of that for him. JMO.

NG.
Or a friend or neighbor or AIW employee.
People might have been trying to track down SS and suggested that his driver might know where he is.

Unrelated to the PH, I would have thought the lead detective would review JW's interview(s) before putting the other LE's information in his sworn statement. (I obviously don't know much about affidavits!) When I read the affidavit(s) early on, for some reason I assumed the person who signed it actually conducted the interviews. I know now that's not the case, and it's possible that JW's interviews lasted several hours and Owens didn't have time (or feel the need) to review it all before including it in the affidavit. I'm still surprised that the lead detective was never included in JW's interview(s), as it seems he was their first hot lead in the investigation. I guess that's just not how it works.

Sorry, replied to wrong post and unable to fully delete on phone!

Lol. Two of my neighbors have lime green cars, and I live in a pretty nice neighborhood. Really not that uncommon.

I don't think bright colors are low class. I think bright colors in anything (cars, clothing, houses, ads) generally stand out as a rule. Although, I have to say, I am car shopping and have seen zero lime green cars. I'll have to inquire. Maybe they are held in a special secret showroom because there are too many of them to be accommodated in the standard showroom!😊

I believe JW was in Chantilly at 1:34 according to his cell phone. So if he left right then, we are 11 mins off max. But, look, this was not a scientific recreation. There are variables in traffic that you can't control. Still interesting.

But why would he need to review JW's interview before a PH for DW? It has little bearing on the DW indictment. This is not the trial. I am sure he will review it if DW takes the stand and/or if he needs to discuss him.

I was talking about the affidavit that Owens prepared. I guess he felt confident enough in his colleagues' interpretation of the interview to write in a sworn statement that JW lied. If misinterpretation is as common as people are making it seem (a lot of people here assume that JW did NOT lie and LE misinterpreted him) I would think he might want to hear or see part of the interview for himself before saying that someone lied. But I guess not!

I don't think bright colors are low class. I think bright colors in anything (cars, clothing, houses, ads) generally stand out as a rule. Although, I have to say, I am car shopping and have seen zero lime green cars. I'll have to inquire. Maybe they are held in a special secret showroom because there are too many of them to be accommodated in the standard showroom!��

They are both high end, hybrid suv's.

Those things don't happen within an HOUR of such an active crime scene. They just don't.

I think I might not be the only one who needs bifocals for my contacts. I said IF they cared enough about the car to purposefully tape it in, they probably would have checked out who it belonged to. I have no idea if they taped it in purposefully or if it was just a coincidence that JW parked within the zone that eventually was included within the tape. And no one said anything about LE running the plates within an HOUR. Maybe it was 2 or 3 HOURS. Or NEVER.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw a Porsche being towed this morning...tow truck driver had a neon yellow/green reflective vest on. Made me wonder if the cars were originally part of the plan or if DW thought he would arouse less suspicion driving the Porsche with the vest.

I'd say it's close enough, and i'm very appreciative that someone would go to all this trouble!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1