GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As more evidence comes in the claim his brothers did it is sinking faster than a concrete block thrown in water.

The prosecutor seems fully prepared to refute such ridiculous claims.

Why the defense thought the jurors would fall for this has me puzzled. Jurors want to see evidence of such claims instead of weak inuindos.

The defense has been unable to place the brothers at any crime scene and they wont because neither one was involved in the murders or burning vehicles that are only linked to the defendant.

Jmo

One anomaly being the bloody shoe print on Amy's white pants. If I recall, it did not match Daron Wint's shoes. If it was not his shoe print, then whose? A brother, someone else?

Wasn’t there a phone call to JW from SS phone around that time that JW missed?

Great question about work on 5/15! I wonder if that came up. SW also worked on 5/13, tho not as many hours.

A 6 am - midnight shift sounds a bit ridiculous, but SW is a supervisor so maybe it involved varied work like managing supplies / visiting multiple sites, not just an absurd 18 hours of painting at a single location JMO. Of course if he did pad his hours, lots of people do that without meaning to cover up a role in a murder IMO.

SW said he drives a GPS-tracked white pickup truck on the job, & his timesheet hours are checked against the GPS. Implication was that these timesheets were verified in some way, but I also read they didn’t show any sign of other-party verification. Not sure what to make of that. He also said he has his own car in addition to the work truck.

IMO if SW’s testimony is true, he doesn’t sound like a likely home-invading quadruple murderer! A hard-working & successful guy shouldn’t have much motive to get involved in this horror scene. One reason could be to try to help keep a troubled brother out of jail ..... but SW & DW were estranged - SW had played a role in kicking DW out of their mother’s house & had theatening voicemails from DW to prove it. And also SW gave testimony to the grand jury.

I hope he’s back on the stand today.

So do I. Thank you.

I can relate to his brother calling him about work even though he had an estranged relationship with DW.

I am the oldest child and both of my brothers are 16 and 17 years younger than I am. Yes..same parents. Lol

My oldest baby brother is a wonderful man who is very hardworking with a great job and family.

However my youngest brother has a very lax work history due to his own attitude unfortunately. He is very talented but has never had the work ethics to keep and excel in a job.

He also has a spitfire temper when my other brother and myself are very easygoing and totally reliable.

But no doubt we both love our brother dearly while disliking how he lives his life. So most of the time we know it is better for all of us to keep him at arms length.

However there have been several times my brother has called him about a job opening he knew about but as usual he never calls K back and never shows up to apply for these great paying jobs even though he wasn't employed at the time.

They are only one year apart in age so he sees friends they both know who tells him what is happening at the time with our youngest brother.

Jmo

Wasn’t there a phone call to JW from SS phone around that time that JW missed?

That sounds familiar. I just did a quick google search and didn't find the info, but in my search I was reminded that Amy's and Savvas' phones were not recovered (at least not three years ago, which was the date of the articles I just read). Maybe DW took the phones to destroy them elsewhere?? Seems a bit odd, but might as well toss it on the table of possibilities.

If anyone recalls or can find info about that missed call, please post.

jmo

So do I. Thank you.

I can relate to his brother calling him about work even though he had an estranged relationship with DW.

I am the oldest child and both of my brothers are 16 and 17 years younger than I am. Yes..same parents. Lol

My oldest baby brother is a wonderful man who is very hardworking with a great job and family.

However my youngest brother has a very lax work history due to his own attitude unfortunately. He is very talented but has never had the work ethics to keep and excel in a job.

He also has a spitfire temper when my other brother and myself are very easygoing and totally reliable.

But no doubt we both love our brother dearly while disliking how he lives his life. So most of the time we know it is better for all of us to keep him at arms length.

However there have been several times my brother has called him about a job opening he knew about but as usual he never calls K back and never shows up to apply for these great paying jobs even though he wasn't employed at the time.

They are only one year apart in age so he sees friends they both know who tells him what is happening at the time with our youngest brother.

Jmo
No sleuthing others family members.

Snipped by me.

I know!! It's frustrating following such a complicated case like this with bits and pieces of tweets and recaps. The reporters do a good job (actually the best I've seen since watching cases on WS - perhaps because it's a major market with experienced reporters?), but we WSers want the primary source of info and all the details.

Still, we know so much more than we did three years ago, that's for sure. (And it's still confusing!)

jmo

I agree although appreciative we at least have recaps.

Yet the big problem is there are hours of actual trial testimony happening every day. We are only getting a small snippet of those long hours of testimony without knowing what all was actual testified to...

It does make it disjointed and confusing because we do not know what all has been said or all of the evidence that may have been entered.

What may be important factors to the reporters we rely on may omit testimony that would be enlightening for us if we knew them and may clear up some of our confusion.

Jmo

No sleuthing others family members.

I'm sorry. What??? I don't know what you mean. ???? I have never had any intentions of sleuthing others nor have I ever said to slueth his family members or anyone else for that matter.

This was trial testimony where his brother said he had contacted DW to tell him about available work he could possible do.

Jmo

I'm sorry. What??? I don't know what you mean. ???? I have never had any intentions of sleuthing others nor have I ever said to slueth his family members or anyone else for that matter.

This was trial testimony where his brother said he had contacted DW to tell him about available work he could possible do.

Jmo

You were sleuthing your own brothers! Lol, jk, not sure what that was about.

Jmo

You can't sleuth your brother oceanblueeyes... come on now, keep up! :)

One anomaly being the bloody shoe print on Amy's white pants. If I recall, it did not match Daron Wint's shoes. If it was not his shoe print, then whose? A brother, someone else?

That's interesting. Thank you. I must have missed that testimony.

Do you have a link where the experts testified it wasn't a match and the description of the shoe print and what brand of shoe made the print?

Shoe print evidence has always been fascinating to me. It's amazing how these kind of experts can even tell the brand of shoe by the sole imprint made. They can even figure how the person walks due worn pressure areas. They are unique because no one walks exactly the very same way.

Did they locate the shoes he was wearing when he was inside of the home?

Tia.

Jmo

Last edited:
Re the Dupont Circle ping just before noon - Dupont has a busy metro station that’s one stop away from the closest stop to the S home (Woodley Park).

Maybe DW was headed back on the metro with SS’s phone & it pinged while he was en route.

Am I imagining that I read that Savvas and Amy may have ended up near each other as they died? Were their bodies found in close proximity to each other? If so, that could have been Savvas' shoe print - though I would think they would have checked for that if evidence allowed.

Maybe DW brought different shoes, or used someone's shoe from the house just to throw LE off. Hopefully every pair of shoes in that huge house were checked. Some may have burned up. Just thinking outside the box.

From Meagan Fitzgerald’s Twitter

“”Daron Wint’s former fiancé given immunity deal for testifying on behalf of the prosecution. She understands everything she says will not be used against her. she and Wint in tears as she answers questions from defense and prosecution. #MansionMurders trial.”
!!!!

Is it just me or are others feeling the same way?

So far in this trial there has been little new information. After three years of waiting, I thought we would hear a few tidbits that would tie pieces together better.

I anticipated an exciting trial. It appears that most of it has been over Daron Wint’ s brothers - were they involved or not.

The one thing I see wrong is the guy with the white bucket, walking away from the burnt Porsche, has a close cropped hair cut. He does not have dreadlocks and is not Daron Wint. IMO. Who is he?

I've only seen the grainy image of the person running with the bucket. So, to me it appears to be slender build and wearing a hoodie. Are there any clearer images that have been released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8