GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Wagner‏Verified account @Fox5Wagner
More testimony in Mansion Murders today about the night Daron Wint was arrested. George Elias, a Cousin, told the court he helped Darrell Wint turn his brother in to police and was driving box truck. Says he was on the phone with detective when police closed in 5/21/15.

ETA - hmm... explains why yellow paper note with LE contact details found in box truck.

Why bother purchasing money orders and dragging the 3 women into that mess? Someone could have been hurt. LE could have easily surrounded them at the hotel or where they were going.

Outside Mansion Murders trial reporters try to question Felicia Ruffin about her testimony. She was one of three women in a car with Daron Wint the night he was arrested in May of 2015. She is only witness to cover face while leaving court.

DomVmQ3XoAAcBP5.jpg

10:04 AM - 3 Oct 2018

Vanessa Hayles, holding the folder to her face, is Daron Wint’s former fiancé who testified today in Mansion Murders trial under a grant of immunity. She says Wint came to NY in days after murder flush with cash. All in 100 dollar bills. 40 grand ransom was delivered in 100’s.

Doh8hbuUYAEoa3l.jpg

1:36 PM - 2 Oct 2018

Why bother purchasing money orders and dragging the 3 women into that mess? Someone could have been hurt. LE could have easily surrounded them at the hotel or where they were going.
I agree except I think that it was reported that LE had swat team at a residence -- but they got there too late as DW was already gone. I also think it was reported that LE was driving by hotel when they noticed the rental truck and chevy cruze. I now believe that it might have been cousin George Elias that called and tipped off police they were at hotel. More coming out in trial that contradicts earlier MSN.

I agree except I think that it was reported that LE had swat team at a residence -- but they got there too late as DW was already gone. I also think it was reported that LE was driving by hotel when they noticed the rental truck and chevy cruze. I now believe that it might have been cousin George Elias that called and tipped off police they were at hotel. More coming out in trial that contradicts earlier MSN.

We also now know that the Chevy was not a rental. It belonged to CN, a friend of Darrell's aka Goo

Pg 121 of the preliminary hearing defense (Q) questioning the lead detective (A)

D Wint/ Savopoulos Preliminary Hearing | Courtroom | Witness

Q Now, concerning the night that Mr. Wint was arrested, prior to that night Mr. Wint himself had actually contacted the metropolitan police about turning himself in, correct?

A I know that the defendant spoke to a detective on the phone, if that's what you're referring to.

Q In order to turn himself in, correct?

A Well, it was more of an inquisitive thing, finding out what was going on, and the detective gave the defendant advice to turn himself in.

Q Okay.

And that you also have spoken to people close to Mr. Wint, in other words, a brother and his girlfriend, correct?

A Yes.

Q And both of those people, before Mr. Wint was arrested, had contacted the metropolitan police and said Mr. Wint wants to turn himself in, correct?

A What is the timeframe you're talking about?

Q Prior to his arrest on the -- late night of the 21st?

A Yes, that's correct.

Q And then when you were -- and this is -- and you were on the phone with that brother immediately before he was arrested on the 21st?

MS. BACH: Objection. THE WITNESS: Myself -THE COURT: Sustained. BY MR. AGO:

Q Well, the brother was speaking to the police at that moment saying Mr. Wint wanted to turn himself in and where -and asking where to go, correct?

MS. BACH: Your Honor, same objection.

THE COURT: Overruled to that objection.

THE WITNESS: Yes.

BY MR. AGO:

Q And before they could get to where the police were directing him to go the marshal service stopped and arrested him, correct?

A That is correct.

JMO
I followed this case closely when it happened but have not followed the trial until now.

It sounds like the trial is just as confusing as the who done it was at the time of the awful murders.

This is just a guess.
I suspect at least one person beside DW was involved in the conspiracy and planning of what was to go down. Not necessarily was there at the house but at least had some discussion with DW before , during , or afterwards.

Maybe this other person or persons only had the idea and DW was the one willing to carry out the robbery. Or maybe the person(s) only became involved afterwards with helping DW try to hide the money by coming up with the idea to get money orders instead of having all that cash around.

I think the money orders was just to transfer the money to money orders so that all those 100 dollar bills were not laying around. Trouble was he got caught before he got rid of all the cash and there was still lots of the cash around.

Its hard to believe that just one person could have done what all took place in that home but its possible.

No matter what it is obvious to me that DW got others involved afterwards even if it was just to help burn vehicles and help try to hide or spend the money.

Its interesting to note that his relative in NY did not call the police and it even sounds like his cousin had a little trouble calling police so Im not sure many were really helping authorities. It almost sounds like DW made a lot of people promises once he had all that cash and these other people were willing to do some favors for some money.

And yeah who was on the other side of that phone line when he received call in the bag. Using one phone to receive calls from Mr X and using another phone to call Mr. X or Mr. Y. Sure would be nice to know who the people were he was talking to and what was their involvement in all this.

Just some speculation after reading parts of the trial.

I have bad feelings about LE maybe has made some deals with people that should be defendents.

Thanks to everyone for keeping us all posted on the trial.

More testimony in Mansion Murders today about the night Daron Wint was arrested. George Elias, a Cousin, told the court he helped Darrell Wint turn his brother in to police and was driving box truck. Says he was on the phone with detective when police closed in 5/21/15.

Dom5mfxXsAA5BYM.jpg

12:41 PM - 3 Oct 2018

ETA - hmm... explains why yellow paper note with LE contact details found in box truck.

So Darrell was getting his cousin to help so Wint could turn himself in?

Wow no wonder the police knew exactly where they could find them.

Last edited:
The testimony of Vanessa Hayles about a stain on the suspects clothing being explained as "cut himself running from police"is indicative to me as an acceptance of crime as normal behavior, and even viewing law enforcement as enemy. An underlying theme.
JMO

The testimony of Vanessa Hayles about a stain on the suspects clothing being explained as "cut himself running from police"is indicative to me as an acceptance of crime as normal behavior, and even viewing law enforcement as enemy. An underlying theme.
JMO

JMO
I agree.
Notice the timing too after she sees his face plastered in on the TV and likely included news about the murders.

What does she do immediately after that?

She goes to a motel with him.
And then helps him get to a taxi stand the next day. Sure doesnt sound like someone that was itching to call LE on him.

JMO
I agree.
Notice the timing too after she sees his face plastered in on the TV and likely included news about the murders.

What does she do immediately after that?

She goes to a motel with him.
And then helps him get to a taxi stand the next day. Sure doesnt sound like someone that was itching to call LE on him.

Or after seeing on the news DW was wanted for killing 4 people including a CHILD, maybe she decided not to rock the DW boat to be safe.
She could have been #5.
Maybe her first thought was self-preservation- don’t rock the DW boat.
She knew he had a temper...

JMO

JMO
And yeah who was on the other side of that phone line when he received call in the bag.

Snipped by me.

Maybe it was his fiance calling him, but he didn't want records of the calls so he returned the call on the other phone??

Just guessing.

Nice to see you here, Hatfield.

jmo

From WTOP’s live blog today....

“George Elias, one of Wint's second cousins, testified Wednesday; he convinced Darrell Wint to turn his brother into police after Daron Wint's photo appeared on the news in connection with the killings.

Darrell Wint “asked me to help him get out from what he was under,” Elias testified, but he had an ultimatum: “If he wants me to help him, he has to turn his brother in,” Elias said. “

DarrW must be involved. JMO based on what Elias testified.

Snipped by me.

Maybe it was his fiance calling him, but he didn't want records of the calls so he returned the call on the other phone??

Just guessing.

Nice to see you here, Hatfield.

jmo

So DW had 2 phones. We know about 2 according to testimony.
DW had no job since 2013 that we know of according to witness testimony.

Who was paying those phone bills??

JMO and wondering...

From WTOP’s live blog today....

“George Elias, one of Wint's second cousins, testified Wednesday; he convinced Darrell Wint to turn his brother into police after Daron Wint's photo appeared on the news in connection with the killings.

Darrell Wint “asked me to help him get out from what he was under,” Elias testified, but he had an ultimatum: “If he wants me to help him, he has to turn his brother in,” Elias said. “

DarrW must be involved. JMO based on what Elias testified.
I think DarrW was involved too, but haven't figured out how. Was it in the cover-up and taking money from the crime? Did he know about it in advance and didn't stop it? Or...was he at the house helping?

IDK.

It would seem that the cousin would know??

jmo

IMO I’d say at min DarrW was involved in burning AS’s car
- it sounds like he fits the witness description of driver with recently trimmed hair
- vid of bucket-runner at scene doesn’t look like DW, suggesting someone else was involved
- restaurant employee witness described what sounds like DW waiting for something / someone to arrive before AS car was burned ~5:30p - we know car was there from ~2p on, so why wouldn’t DW burn it immediately & get out of there unless he had to wait for something/one MOO

On the other hand - if DarrW helped burn AS’s car, why couldn’t he help burn DW’s van too? IMO speculation maybe DarrW doesn’t have a car & DW BIL Ayling does, so that’s why DW had to ask BIL to help burn the van.

Was DarrW involved beyond burning car? DW handing him cash at Walmart makes it sound like he wasn’t at S house when ransom was received, but that’s just pure MOO conjecture...

JMO

Yeah, her time on the witness stand sounds heartbreaking. So does the devastation she must’ve felt after those fun days of wild spending with DW. But clearly she was willing to look the other way on his criminality - you lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.

IMO I’d say at min DarrW was involved in burning AS’s car
- it sounds like he fits the witness description of driver with recently trimmed hair
- vid of bucket-runner at scene doesn’t look like DW, suggesting someone else was involved
- restaurant employee witness described what sounds like DW waiting for something / someone to arrive before AS car was burned ~5:30p - we know car was there from ~2p on, so why wouldn’t DW burn it immediately & get out of there unless he had to wait for something/one MOO

On the other hand - if DarrW helped burn AS’s car, why couldn’t he help burn DW’s van too? IMO speculation maybe DarrW doesn’t have a car & DW BIL Ayling does, so that’s why DW had to ask BIL to help burn the van.

Was DarrW involved beyond burning car? DW handing him cash at Walmart makes it sound like he wasn’t at S house when ransom was received, but that’s just pure MOO conjecture...

I’m thinking the Brothers Wint wanted to share the blame by involving other family members and folks they didn’t really know... it complicates blaming the right people for the 4 murders. JMO

We know DarrW involved his 2nd cousin George Elias and three women who he barely knew- Chelsea Nunez, Felicia and the third woman whose name IDk.

We know DW involved his gf Vanessa Hayles- by visiting her, spending $$$ on her and VH called FW sister and half sister in Guyana IIRC, his father- by calling him, his stepmother- by going back to the house, his BIL Derrick Ayling- by asking him to help torch the minivan.

I’m sure there are others.

It’s like a big spider web with little moths and big moths and stink bugs and ants... I just don’t think DW and DarrW are the big spider at the center of the web...I think of them as crime worker spiders. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Before.the.dawn