GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
I followed this case closely when it happened but have not followed the trial until now.

It sounds like the trial is just as confusing as the who done it was at the time of the awful murders.

This is just a guess.
I suspect at least one person beside DW was involved in the conspiracy and planning of what was to go down. Not necessarily was there at the house but at least had some discussion with DW before , during , or afterwards.

Maybe this other person or persons only had the idea and DW was the one willing to carry out the robbery. Or maybe the person(s) only became involved afterwards with helping DW try to hide the money by coming up with the idea to get money orders instead of having all that cash around.

I think the money orders was just to transfer the money to money orders so that all those 100 dollar bills were not laying around. Trouble was he got caught before he got rid of all the cash and there was still lots of the cash around.

Its hard to believe that just one person could have done what all took place in that home but its possible.

No matter what it is obvious to me that DW got others involved afterwards even if it was just to help burn vehicles and help try to hide or spend the money.

Its interesting to note that his relative in NY did not call the police and it even sounds like his cousin had a little trouble calling police so Im not sure many were really helping authorities. It almost sounds like DW made a lot of people promises once he had all that cash and these other people were willing to do some favors for some money.

And yeah who was on the other side of that phone line when he received call in the bag. Using one phone to receive calls from Mr X and using another phone to call Mr. X or Mr. Y. Sure would be nice to know who the people were he was talking to and what was their involvement in all this.

Just some speculation after reading parts of the trial.

I have bad feelings about LE maybe has made some deals with people that should be defendents.

Thanks to everyone for keeping us all posted on the trial.

I, like you, have not been following the trial until just recently. And I did not follow it since two years ago when it first happened. So it's very interesting as to what I remember and what I am reading here. I think I remember that at the time, that the women that were found with him at the hotel, they were stated to be ladies of the evening? Interesting now to what we are learning.

ETA I see that Hatfield and I are back new to the thread, and both of us said the same thing!

The testimony of Vanessa Hayles about a stain on the suspects clothing being explained as "cut himself running from police"is indicative to me as an acceptance of crime as normal behavior, and even viewing law enforcement as enemy. An underlying theme.
JMO

Even without the blood stain in the clothing, she saw on the news he was a wanted man for murdering and killing and torturing and putting house on fire. I don't think I'd be spending the night with him and going off to a motel!

JMO
I agree.
Notice the timing too after she sees his face plastered in on the TV and likely included news about the murders.

What does she do immediately after that?

She goes to a motel with him.
And then helps him get to a taxi stand the next day. Sure doesnt sound like someone that was itching to call LE on him.

Jinx!

It was reported that the money was with a gun (or two?). I would think SS would want to keep DW away from the guns.

jmo

DW threatened folks with knives and machetes. Never did I see he was arrested with a firearm during his long criminal career.
Does anyone have info DW was ever arrested with a gun?
Maybe DW did not know how to shoot a gun. And if SS had long guns they are not easy to shoot without practice.

I learned years ago from some tv real crime show that you have 120 seconds to get out of a bad situation. I think about that every day as I walk 5-10 miles per day.
SS probably thought he could reason with DW.
120 seconds.

JMO

I, like you, have not been following the trial until just recently. And I did not follow it since two years ago when it first happened. So it's very interesting as to what I remember and what I am reading here. I think I remember that at the time, that the women that were found with him at the hotel, they were stated to be ladies of the evening? Interesting now to what we are learning.

ETA I see that Hatfield and I are back new to the thread, and both of us said the same thing!

Two of the 3 women testified this week. Young but not ladies of the evening..

Just what I have read...

Two of the 3 women testified this week. Young but not ladies of the evening..

Just what I have read...
Yep, it's just what I recalled from years ago and don't know if that was correct as what I saw on mainstream media but that is what I remembered. Now we know the Paul Harvey, the rest of the story.

From women’s testimony, it seems they got pulled into this mess when one of them made arrangements to buy marijuana from DarrW, who at least the one potential buyer had known for a while (apparently as “Goo”).

From testimony of DarrW’s driver in the box truck (2nd cousin Elias), having the women along was part of their plan for turning DW in - unclear why they wanted them there or what role they were expected to play.

All that makes sense..... but then SS gets there. Apparently a hard-charging go-getter, decades-long martial artist - sees his beautiful, devoted wife and innocent child tied up in their own home.... by a single short, dumb loser.....

And then, the next day, that one loser goes out for a stroll and leaves them all alone in the house ? then comes back?? Could be SS was already dead by then, but AS, PS and VF were not. Sorry to repeat myself but IMO very hard to imagine DW didn’t leave someone standing over them while he was out.

But if that single, short dumb loser had a dagger on the throat of the young boy, SS couldn't do much of anything but comply. He was also probably in shock at the time. And maybe hopeful that he could pay him off.

All that makes sense..... but then SS gets there. Apparently a hard-charging go-getter, decades-long martial artist - sees his beautiful, devoted wife and innocent child tied up in their own home.... by a single short, dumb loser.....

And then, the next day, that one loser goes out for a stroll and leaves them all alone in the house ? then comes back?? Could be SS was already dead by then, but AS, PS and VF were not. Sorry to repeat myself but IMO very hard to imagine DW didn’t leave someone standing over them while he was out.

If the family was securely trussed up with duct tape, rope, gags, etc., there's not much they could do to escape. I don't think leaving them would have been an issue. Real life is not like the movies, it's not realistic to think they could have chewed off their restraints or used a hidden nail file to saw through them.

Plus, if they had already been injured, they may not have been capable of attempting to get free.

But if that single, short dumb loser had a dagger on the throat of the young boy, SS couldn't do much of anything but comply. He was also probably in shock at the time. And maybe hopeful that he could pay him off.

Or he could have surprised SS from behind, clubbed him with something, and knocked him out.

If the family was securely trussed up with duct tape, rope, gags, etc., there's not much they could do to escape. I don't think leaving them would have been an issue. Real life is not like the movies, it's not realistic to think they could have chewed off their restraints or used a hidden nail file to saw through them.

Plus, if they had already been injured, they may not have been capable of attempting to get free.

As we know people come by the house and if nobody answered, it would risk calling cops, etc. We saw that when VF's husband came by where SS then called him. If everyone was incapacitated and there was no perp in the house, it would have risked the very thing that was avoided with VF's husband.

13k in the S house. Why didn’t SS offer that up?

JMO

Wasn't that because there were guns wherever the money was? IIRC. Maybe SS didn't want DW to access the guns. I would think SS would have looked for any opportunity to break free. Also, if SS was found on AS trying to shield/protect her maybe the fire allowed him to get free at the last minute, like burning through the restraints, and albeit very injured he tried to help Amy. Moo.

Reactions: IDK
Where did it say that SS was found on top of AS? I don’t remember hearing about that.

The other thing that makes me think that DW had help in the house is that he could not kill the 3 adults in the same room simultaneously. If he was harming one of them, how could be keep the other two quiet and subdued at the same time? Every time I hear the voicemail that SS left for his housekeeper, with Philip screaming in the background, I feel sick to my stomach.

Welcome to WS, MM! Google Richard Speck and student nurses. I believe in the 60's in Chicago he killed 8 student nurses alone off campus at a Chicago college. Brutal. One brave nurse survived by scurrying under a bed and he lost count, I would guess.

I’m not saying they’d have got free if left unguarded, tho maybe they would. I’m saying - if DW stages a home invasion and then at some point leaves the home with no co-conspirator left behind - at that point he no longer has control of the hostages. MOO He has no idea what steps they might take after he’s gone, who else might come along, anything. Plus it’s their own home, they know where everything is and how it works.

After surrendering control of his hostages in their own home, IMO he’d have to be an extreme idiot to return to the crime scene later in the day. But of course he is an extreme idiot - when he went on the run, he updated FB to reflect his new location. Being such an idiot, maybe DW would leave & then return to the scene of his crime.

But he’d have to realize, at least on approaching, that he has no way of knowing what he’s about to walk into. IMO description of him re-entering the house from the Aussies didn’t sound like someone walking into a totally unknown scene with huge potential for peril - no scoping it out or listening for movement.

IMO it sounded like he re-entered with confidence, like he felt secure about what he was heading into. That IMO seems to point to there being someone in there he trusted to maintain control.

All JMO and maybe totally wrong! Who knows! no one but DW (and any co-conspirators). Maybe he really is such an idiot that he didn’t realize the risk he was taking. If so, it’s just too bad he didn’t suffer the consequences.

I’m not saying they’d have got free if left unguarded, tho maybe they would. I’m saying - if DW stages a home invasion and then at some point leaves the home with no co-conspirator left behind - at that point he no longer has control of the hostages. MOO He has no idea what steps they might take after he’s gone, who else might come along, anything. Plus it’s their own home, they know where everything is and how it works.

After surrendering control of his hostages in their own home, IMO he’d have to be an extreme idiot to return to the crime scene later in the day. But of course he is an extreme idiot - when he went on the run, he updated FB to reflect his new location. Being such an idiot, maybe DW would leave & then return to the scene of his crime.

But he’d have to realize, at least on approaching, that he has no way of knowing what he’s about to walk into. IMO description of him re-entering the house from the Aussies didn’t sound like someone walking into a totally unknown scene with huge potential for peril - no scoping it out or listening for movement.

IMO it sounded like he re-entered with confidence, like he felt secure about what he was heading into. That IMO seems to point to there being someone in there he trusted to maintain control.

All JMO and maybe totally wrong! Who knows! no one but DW (and any co-conspirators). Maybe he really is such an idiot that he didn’t realize the risk he was taking. If so, it’s just too bad he didn’t suffer the consequences.
Doing another brainstorming session here....

What if SS somehow sent DW on a wild goose chase, informing him there was a stash of money somewhere for DW to go get - with the hopes that when DW left, SS could manage to free himself. So, DW leaves but then returns infuriated about the goose chase and kills everyone.

That scenario might explain why DW left the house.

But, it's speculation, nothing more.

jmo

Does anyone remember what time a witness noticed Amy's car being driven?

tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members