GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about this case a lot since yesterday. After watching DW testify yesterday, I got the impression that he's smarter than I previously thought he was. I have less doubt about him being the 'mastermind' of this crime. He was very sure of himself on the stand and not easily tripped up by the prosecutor. I haven't watched or read everything about the whole trial, but yesterday the prosecutor did a good job of painting him as desperate, and down on his luck in May 2015. He'd been kicked out of his mother & Samantha's place, and his situation living with his father and stepmother was supposed to be temporary. He was having issues with his green card application, and he had no driver's license or passport or valid ID to get a regular job. I think that the hours DW was spending each day allegedly looking for a job, he was casing places to burglarize, so he could move to NY with his finacee and start over. If people in the Woodland Dr. neighborhood say they'd seen him around, I think it was from him casing the place. I definitely think he was savvy enough to look up the Savopoulos family and find their address online, and study their comings and goings. I think that he went to the house on 5/13 planning to burglarize the place, and didn't expect anyone to be home. Maybe there were maps or burglary tools in the van. I think that running into Vera, Amy and Philip was an unexpected surprise, but I think he could have easily overpowered them. I'm not sure even at that point that he intended to kill anyone, but maybe there wasn't enough cash in the house to satisfy him, and maybe Amy convinced him that Savvas would be able to get him more cash, so DW let her call him to come home. My theory is that Savvas recognized DW and knew who he was - DW is very distinctive looking - and that's when the plan changed to murder everyone.

PatriciaH. Thank you so much or your detailed report, I am blown away by it. Like many I have been following this case and the only way I have been able to keep track is by timelines. I do believe he did the crime alone but think that darrell was involved after the fact maybe hoping to get some of that money.

Patriciah, what time did you get to the court when you attended?

From Property Shark...house before murders and fire.
Sidewalk looks like a better choice than going through the shrubs, which are quite large.

JMOAC6CB268-B2AB-4AA4-A9EA-9E4410287D0B.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Kim1040,

I wasn’t in court when they played the video. I watched it a long time ago but don’t really remember it. Do you have a link to it by any chance?

https://www.crashonline.gr/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/spiti-omogenh.jpg
In this pic it looks like clear passage to the garage area ? - lawn is visible between the hedges on the lower right of pic, the garage is under the chimney that’s at the upper right of pic. There are big hedges by the house but plenty of space on the lawn to go around them. Maybe there’s a line of hedges before the driveway that you all noticed but I’m missing?

In any case it’s basically a moot point, because DW would’ve gone through the house to the garage if he wanted to stay hidden, not gone outside to either the lawn or the sidewalk. So IMO that supports idea that he was approaching the garage from another location, as implied by the Aussies, regardless of what he said in court.

Maybe he made up that he’d gone from the house to garage because he (his lawyers) didn’t want to admit to his entering the property on his own because that puts him there voluntarily.

All JMO!

Google Earth 8/2014 image shows stepping stones between driveway and hedge, with a barely visible walkway space between the hedges where stepping stones end.
I think this was the S's usual path from front door to driveway - across front lawn to stepping stones to driveway.

38°55'36.76" N 77°03'48.82" W

upload_2018-10-13_22-23-49.png

I think one of the things that has haunted me so much is why Wint found it necessary to burn down the home and the specific location of where it started.

It has to be something to do with his one of his victims.

Why did he especially want to erase and destroy everything he had done to a 10 year old boy?

Why did he put gasoline in large amounts directly on Philip's mid section from the waist done?

Those are the most haunting questions I have.

Pouring gas on PS mid section from waist down, may be important in hiding damage DW had caused in those areas.:(:(:(
MOO.

Google Earth 8/2014 image shows stepping stones between driveway and hedge, with a barely visible walkway space between the hedges where stepping stones end.
I think this was the S's usual path from front door to driveway - across front lawn to stepping stones to driveway.

View attachment 151004

This is picture from post #708 above. I didn’t know how to get picture to post.

I believe this is the side door of the house. The front of the house looks much different from this picture.

It is amazing that in this price neighborhood there wasn’t a solid walkway from the house door to the driveway.

IIRC it was 2 bedrooms with a Jack and Jill bath between. Depending on furniture arrangement maybe they could see PS, maybe not. They could definitely hear PS.

JMO

If you look at the left upper window, over the front door, I believe that was where Phillip was held. Amy, Savvas and Vera in the bedroom in the upper right. The window above the front door would be the adjoining bathroom.

The room in the upper left has the most fire damage you can see on the outside.

Right?? IIRC.

So close and near to the front door, and yet unable to get help. Didn't Vera's husband say he sensed someone inside and thought he heard a chair scuffling. Could have been right above where he was standing if any of the captives could have jiggled their entire chair.

View attachment 151004

What is the white metal looking frame on the left side of this pic?

Is the Aussie house across from the front door side or across from the garage door side?

It’s across from the garage side but it’s a big enough property that they could likely see the sidewalk on both 32nd & Woodland from the grounds.

Sorry I can’t figure out how to link to maps :/ but the Aussie house address is 3120 Cleveland Ave NW - google streetview has pretty clear picture of the setup.

Seeing that surveillance vid for the first time in years .... figure is not nearly as distinguishable as I remembered it. IMO that could totally be DW or anyone else.

We also miss hours upon hours of actual testimony each day. Testimony that may clarify questions some have.

Patriciah is a valuable asset to us all and has been very helpful to fill in some of the blanks.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of the theories on this thread. Its fascinating how posters view the same case and testimonies and have differing points of view. I have so much respect for everyones POV. They are thought provoking and that is why I have read every post in this case.

In this particular case my point of view has been in the minority opinion.

I still do not believe there has been any evidence supporting the theory Wint had help.

I didn't believe it when it first happened and after the trial testimony I believe even more so now he had no assistance and was the sole prepetrator as charged.

Imo he murdered each one by himself and relished in doing so. Due to the multiple injuries and bruising found I also believe he tortured them at varying times throughout the 20 hours before murdering them all at different intervals.

I also believe he planned before entering to murder all victims silencing them all leaving no live witnesses.

One thing I have learned over the decades when following cases like Wint's they are never nearly as complex as some may think.

I think he went there knowing there were already people in the home. It would give him time to tie and bind them up gaining full control over all of them. Then immediately gaining full control of Savvas the minute he walked through the door seeing all of his love ones in extreme danger with a predator inside he did not know.

Wint's testimony has more holes in it than swiss cheese. Narcisstists believe others will believe their lies without question.

Imo he believes others thinks like he does but normal people do not and Wint is far from being normal.

He truly believes that others will believe he had no motive yet true narcissistic psychopaths are known to hold extreme abnormal grudges for years or decades seething under the surface while contemplating how to exact revenge. When they finally act on their premeditated plan often the victims aren't just murdered in overkill ways but the victims often go through a prolonged torture before they are finally murdered.

These kind of predators always places blame on others when in truth and reality all their abnormal precieved woes are totally because of their on bad choices.

We will see another suspect similar in psychopathic traits when Charles Meritt stands trial for brutally murdering his 4 victims from one helpless family.

I have no doubt in the prosecution case. The investigators in WDC are some of the best in the nation. They nor the DA have uncovered any evidence of anyone else's involvement and if there had been more they would have found it during their 3 year long ongoing investigation.

Imo...So in the end it is exactly what it appears to be and Wint was the sole mastermind and doer of all that happened.

May justice be swift.

Thanks for your thoughts and I, like you respect all theories but I agree with you. I think Daron did this and planned this. I am willing to look at all sides but for me I don't see enough evidence to link anyone else to the actual crime. What are your thoughts on Darrell being called as a rebuttal. I would think that would be the plan to discredit Daron right?

Going back to the way earlier discussion of the 5th Amendment - if there’s any thought of ever charging DrrW in connection with this, calling him to the stand is a thorny matter.

Re conduct that might be self-incriminating, DrrW can only be made to give answers if he’s been granted immunity from prosecution (as was DW’s GF). But once immunity is granted, it includes all offenses he testifies about. Unless prosecution is completely certain of his role in the crime, they risk hearing more from him than they expected - up to & including “I did everything & DW was just my unwitting pawn,” after which he couldn’t be prosecuted. !!!

So a very tough call generally .... but then again I know nothing of what prosecution knows or has done behind the scenes, so this a general concern rather than one specific to the case.

Good morning Kim.

In other cases where other defendants have placed blame on others... which is a very common defense claim ...it varied in what the DA decided to do.

As the defendant is testifying they often have experts for the state that is closely watching the jury's reaction such as body language..facial expressions when any defendant takes the stand or all witnesses for that matter.

In this case since it was reported when the jury and Wint came back in after he had already given some of his testimony none of them would even look at Wint. So imo the jury is turned off by even being in his presence.

That leads me to believe none of the jury are buying his ridiculous concocted BS story of being a victim instead of a stone cold murderer. A defendant must make sure they do not insult the jury's intelligence. Wint failed terribly imo

So the DA may feel there really is no reason to address such absurdity in rebuttal.

But we will have to wait and see if they call witnesses in rebuttal to refute his illogical claims.

From what I have read the prosecutor slammed him hard when he was on the stand and took chunks out of his story. They may think they have done more than enough to show what a self centered liar he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member