DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, and that's what W1 (assistant/driver) misstated or lied about. He first said he received a phone call on Thursday, but later said he received a text on Wednesday. So....what was W1 (assistant/driver) doing Wednesday night? And what did the Wednesday text say??

Police got his cell phone so they know what the texts say. I don't believe he got anything to do with the crime.
There are several discrepancies between the two stories he told police, but I fail to see how the connects him to the crime.
I mean, what is the significance of whether money were originally in an envelope or red bag?
Maybe he didn't remember all the details when questioned. Stress negatively affects memory.

Didn't the housekeeper's husband say that when he went looking for his wife, there were two cars on the street, one of them the Porsche? Wonder what the other car looked like...

They only mention being concerned for 2 of the witnesses. Why is that?
The only person Witness 2 would have to fear would be Witness 1,who appears to be the driver/asst. and if he is did nothing wrong ,whats to fear? Witness 3,might have to be concerned because they might be able to identify who was driving the car.

Ok so I think the 3 witnesses not in any order are:

Mr. Wint
Mr. Wallace aka assistant/driver
And
NG.

I think Mr Wint and Mr Wallace know eachother and may be related even and NG and Mr. Wallace know eachother through their shared employment with the S family but I dont believe NG knew Mr. Wint. Thats my opinion thus far and I believe Mr. Wallace and NG are the protected witnesses but also will probably be facing charges.

His brother has short hair and is taller and lankier. I think that's who was running from the scene of the burning car, although I find it very hard to believe - from his Facebook, it looked like he was really working hard at making a good life. I don't want to think this about anyone, I guess.

I'm with you. I'm still not convinced Daron was the guy on tape. That guy looked slimmer and taller. Had long strides when walking.

Anyone know why he was fired from the place he had worked at since it opened in 2013?

Mr. Wint
And
NG.

I think Mr Wint and Mr Wallace know eachother and may be related even and NG and Mr. Wallace know eachother through their shared employment with the S family but I dont believe NG knew Mr. Wint. Thats my opinion thus far and I believe Mr. Wallace and NG are the protected witnesses but also will probably be facing charges.

I really had missed something: the name of the driver/assistant!

Thanks, again. . . .

I think they had 2 dogs. Friends/neighbors took them. LOVED the NG story where she said they had an "attack dog" - a labrador named Ginger. Those are usually such vicious dogs - slobber you to death.

My gut tells me the assistant had nothing to do with it. Why did he lie? Maybe he misspoke under the stress of the situation or maybe he thought he was protecting his boss.

I also don't believe he would steal the money. If he didn't know they were hostages, then he wouldn't be able to get away with stealing unless he was planning to flee the country with under $40K.

I think he took the photo to brag to a friend about his job (like he did with the cars on Instagram). Also, from what was posted from his account, I got the sense that he actually liked his boss SS. On top of crying on the phone to the other HK after realizing what happened. But then again, maybe it was guilt? For now I'm leaning towards he's innocent.

I agree. He is likely under a lot of stress and that could explan the discrepancies in his story. Anyhow, police got his cell phone recrods, so if he ever communicated with the suspect, they would know.

I think they had 2 dogs. Friends/neighbors took them. LOVED the NG story where she said they had an "attack dog" - a labrador named Ginger. Those are usually such vicious dogs - slobber you to death.

.. Also known by her cage fighting name as 'The Ginga Ninja' :)

On Anderson Cooper tonight, reporter Pamela Brown stated that "a witness" had a photo of the assistant's red bag with the money in it.

Remember: The money was not left in the bag, it was transferred to a manila envelope when left in the car at the home.

the police report says the perps entered the house at 6pm. How do they know that?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think they got that info from the perps' cell phone data.

I know its hard to believe (!)! there are a few humans left who dont go on Facebook, Twitter, Twatter or Fritta, Insta or Slow anything, Redit or BLueit, Tumble or Rumble, etc etc!!

I am proud to report I am one of those! However!, am curious about this characters Facebook, is it legal for someone to screenshot a couple pages and post - I do not know if that is ok, if so TIA!

Cariis, I don't think mods allow posting FB/SM screenshots, but not 100% sure. There are a few recent cases where LOTS of social media/ FB comments may assist in catching perp(s). Criminal(s) may brag about crimes or are otherwise not careful on SM. Thank God for DNA and the internet. Jmo/

Veralicia Figueroa she was preparing to return to her native country.

Figueroa, 57, talked frequently about her plans in recent months, proudly telling friends that her two children had made it through college and were building careers.

Her son works as a maintenance engineer at an international products company in San Salvador, El Salvador’s capital, and her daughter helps oversee supplies at a private hospital there.

<modsnip>

Family members in El Salvador said Figueroa left for the United States in 2002 after a broken first marriage forced her and her children into extreme poverty.Figueroa &#8212; a sweet-tempered but strong mother who had suffered through the ravages of El Salvador&#8217;s 12-year civil war &#8212; assured her then-teenage children that their lives would be better than hers.
)

<Modsnip>

Before the country&#8217;s civil war ended in 1992, hundreds of villagers &#8212; including Figueroa and Alfaro &#8212; were forced to flee the violence that tore through that hilly portion of their country.

<modsnip>

&#8220;My mother left a great mark on many people&#8217;s lives,&#8221; Rivas said. &#8220;Many times, she&#8217;d see people in the street and give them money for food.&#8221;

After her children finished college, Figueroa began longing to return, said Nelitza Gutierrez, who also worked as a housekeeper for the Savopoulos family and was close friends with Figueroa.

The physical stress of housekeeping was starting to take its toll, and she complained that she missed her children, Gutierrez said.

<modsnip>

The family is now waiting for the Salvadoran Consulate in Washington to arrange for Figueroa&#8217;s body to be flown back to her country, a process that could take up to 15 days.

When she arrives, Rivas said, they&#8217;ll be awaiting her.....................................

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...205826-fd84-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

I wonder if the perps knew the girls and knew they were away. The older girl posted on her facebook page (before she took it down - I took a screenshot because I thought it was important) that she attended an event in Adams Morgan on Tuesday night. Doubt she left for school that night, meaning she would be in DC on Wednesday. VERY POSSIBLE that she didn't actually attend the event, just posted that she did, but could lead someone interested in her to think she was home. I still think the motive is more than just money. There are easier ways to get $40,000 than holding an entire family hostage, torturing them, then killing them and burning the house down.

Mr. Wint
And
NG.

Wint is the criminal not a witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members