DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was planned in advance, why was W1 informed on Wednesday (and not before) about delivering the money?
If he is involved then it absolutely could have been planned in advance. <mod snip>

I think they may have assaulted him in other ways and believed burning the body would destroy any evidence of it.

Just speculating, if -
- DDW had accomplice(s) at S fam home that night, and
- some pizza was uneaten,
is it poss accomplice(s) ate something from fridge, pantry, or freezer?
Maybe not hungry when pizza arrived, or did not care for that kind of pizza?

IOW, does uneaten pizza necessarily point to DDW acting alone in S home? IDK.

It doesn't and LE have made it clear that DDW might not have acted alone.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...5b488a-0077-11e5-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

I am really intrested to know how these evil people approached the house and got inside.

And also how they picked the house. I know there's a connection but it's really bizarre to just out of the blue decide to go rob your CEO from 10 years ago. Not your former direct boss but CEO. I wonder how big is this company. Did SS know him? Could SS recognize him and that's why he felt they had to kill him? Did SS as a CEO interact with lower-level employees?

So many questions. The only thing I can come up with is they were trying to pick a place to rob, throwing out names of rich people and his name came up.

Did you read the report? First time W1 was contacted about delivering the money was on Wednesday. This wasn't planned in advance.

That's not known and in fact the driver was caught lying about when he knew. LE knows he knew by at least that Wednesday because they had the driver's text records and so after that the driver admitted to knowing what LE already showed they knewn. SS could have told the driver over the phone or in person days or weeks ago that he was going to have the driver be a courier for a large cash amount.

That's not known and in fact the driver was caught lying about when he knew. LE knows he knew by at least that Wednesday because they had the driver's text records and so after that he admitted to knowing what LE already showed him they knew. SS could have told the driver over the phone or in person days or weeks ago that he was going to have the driver be a courier for a large cash amount.

Then why would he send him a text on Wednesday about it?

And also how they picked the house. I know there's a connection but it's really bizarre to just out of the blue decide to go rob your CEO from 10 years ago. Not your former direct boss but CEO. I wonder how big is this company. Did SS know him? Could SS recognize him and that's why he felt they had to kill him? Did SS as a CEO interact with lower-level employees?

So many questions. The only thing I can come up with is they were trying to pick a place to rob, throwing out names of rich people and his name came up.

He worked there many years ago. Was he fired? Some people hold a grudge for a very long time.
Also, from what was reported, his relative was recently fired from AIW.

This hasn't been brought up and I hope I don't offend. SS had to know that whoever delivered the money would be put at some risk of being harmed as well. Were I in his shoes, it would be hard to ask someone I'd worked with and known for years.

I'm also thinking that perhaps the other employee continued working to get more money and that's why the driver made the drop??? By noon, DDW was done waiting and ended it all.

And an opposite point of view is that the employee did what SS requested, but had no idea that is was ransom money so it seemed obvious to send the driver on a driving errand, even if the package was a big amount of money requested in a strange way.

We don't know yet.

JMO.

The employee could be a very official one. Maybe an accountant or someone with power of attorney.

The monies could have been taken out of the corporate account. The person who took out the monies could have been an officer of the corporation with signing privileges, such as CFO of the corporation.

Could the hatred for this child (PS) stem from his personal relationship with his own eight year old brother?

I believe he has a sister and she was 8 years old 10 years ago when the protective order was put in place against him by his father.

I think it is likely that SS arranged for the $40,000 ahead of time and it was for the opening of the studio. The flury of phone calls on Thursday morning was to inform the bank he couldn't pick up the cash himself and to arrange for the money to be picked up. The bank would have no reason to suspect something was wrong on Thursday if the withdrawal was arranged a day or so before by SS himself.

JMO

Per the Washington Post, the $40,000 was not for SS's soon-to-be opened studio -- The Post says that the money was withdrawn by other American Iron Works employees from one of the company’s accounts at Bank of America. http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...077-11e5-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html?hpid=z1

I think SS left the voicemail to NG shortly after receiving the pizzas.
The affidavit says Amy Savopoulos ordered two pizzas from a Tenleytown Domino’s at 9:14 p.m. May 13 and instructed the driver to leave the boxes on the front porch, ring the bell and leave, saying she was nursing a sick child. The delivery person reported seeing the house completely dark, except for the porch light. This was from the WP news story. What time did he leave the message to NG?

While people are off doing their homework i.e. reading the Charging Document, I made a couple of observations while studying the Google streetviews around the home on Woodland Drive and 32nd Street.

1) There is a nifty, sporty, red convertible parked across from the driveway on 32nd street. Could that car belong to them?

And, 2) If you look at the images especially North along Woodland, near the intersection, there is a blonde women walking a Labrador. I will warn you though that the images go in and out, kind of like "now you see it, now you don't". You can catch a glimpse of her from 32nd street as well. Could that woman be Amy?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...1s0x89b7b6290cef3cf7:0xa3c13e9501a7e379?hl=en

I don't think that is Amy walking the dog. The two dogs I saw that were being led away from the house were more of a golden color, not black.

Because he was kidnapped, held hostage and couldn't pick it up himself. <modsnip>

JMO

Well, if he were going to go pick up the money himself, then nothing was going to be delivered into the house. How does that explain the crime?

$40K also could be $10K x 4 perpetrators, if let's say hypothetically (4) persons planned in advance to rob and murder Savopoulos family/housekeeper. If Wint conspired with a few people then it's not such an arbitrary number if each agreed to cut of money. Someone mentioned one of Wilt's family/associates were gang member(s)? (If someone has link, please post, tia). If true and allegations true, then it wouldn't surprise me if career criminals were behind these crimes given the horrific nature and brutality. Perp(s) clearly lack empathy to do something so vile, but it also seems personal towards Savopoulos. I don't think perp(s) knew how much money Savopoulos family had available. Jmo/
http://patch.com/maryland/takomapark/gang-member-arrested-for-intent-to-distribute-marijuana This re: brother arrested with DW last night.

Can't help thinking of the gang connected to the killing of off duty officer Kevin Quick. That was a group of male and female gang members and they had connections to the DMV, too.

I think she is plenty sophisticated. She created an LLC almost 20 years ago for her cleaning business, although she hasn't filed the required paperwork since the first year, so it was rendered inactive/forfeited. She set up a "go fund me" page to help with expenses for Mrs. Figueroa's family. She has put herself at the center of the investigation, giving interviews virtually non-stop for the first few days (with a break to have the manicure so she would be camera-ready) and releasing texts and voice mails from her murdered clients. LE can not have loved that.

I wouldn't assume she helped raise the children. She owned a business where she employed other cleaners, such as Mrs. F. (according to her) and had at least several other clients, so she wasn't full time at any home. She may have nothing to do with the crime, but she has chosen to speak to anyone with a microphone who would listen (more than once with her name and face showing - different outfits) and given out conflicting information so that at least some of it can't possibly be true. This is strange if not suspicious behavior. She may not be well-educated, but that doesn't mean she is a naif.

I think something sudden happened around pizza time. Why would someone order two med pizzas, different topings, if it wasnt for more than one person. For some reasoin, I dont know why, but I think it was for the 4 victims and then something happned that pissed him off.

Yeah, when I read that one of the pizzas was merely cheese, it reminded me of the little ones I know. They just want plain cheese. And brought to mind that one was to be for Philip.

The affidavit says Amy Savopoulos ordered two pizzas from a Tenleytown Domino&#8217;s at 9:14 p.m. May 13 and instructed the driver to leave the boxes on the front porch, ring the bell and leave, saying she was nursing a sick child. The delivery person reported seeing the house completely dark, except for the porch light. This was from the WP news story. What time did he leave the message to NG?

I believe it was 9:56pm.

The monies could have been taken out of the corporate account. The person who took out the monies could have been an officer of the corporation with signing privileges, such as CFO of the corporation.

I doubt it because the martial arts studio has been portrayed by the media as a personal venture of SS. A CFO would be alarmed if the CEO called and said get me $40,000 in cash and give it to my driver. For safety reasons, I doubt a CFO would do that without alerting police.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members