DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The court documents from his arrest mention the link to AIW. Neither AIW or LE have said when Wint worked there.

Court records show that in 2010, Wint was charged after police found him sitting behind the dumpster of a gas station near American Iron Works with a two-foot-long machete in his backpack and a pellet gun. He pleaded guilty only to holding an open container of beer, and he spent one day in jail.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...707c0c-ffa7-11e4-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html

I totally get that the article makes that link- but do the court records from that incident make the link? Because although the location of that offense was near the AIW location- it IS possible it had nothing to do with it.

If the documents from that incident do make the link, then obviously we can say that the animosity of DW held on long after he was fired.

FYI, I am pretty jjenny meant that he was FIRED from AIW ten years ago, not saying that this incident was five years ago.

There's a reason why he burned Philip's room. He wanted to hide what he did to Philip. Philip's burned body was found on top of the exposed bed springs. The fire was so intense that the mattress and bed frame were destroyed in the fire, as was the floor under the bed. So Philip's body was the source of the fire in the room. The fire was contained to his room and his adjoining bathroom.

It sounds like he may have molested the child and was trying to destroy DNA evidence. Wint sounds every bit as evil as John Evander Couey.

JMO

Has anyone heard yet why W1 was let go of previous job in March?

I think this is an important question. Any evidence of past wrong doing connected to money issues?
Any current financial problems, etc. His lying about the handling of the ransom money certainly raises questions.

I totally get that the article makes that link- but do the court records from that incident make the link? Because although the location of that offense was near the AIW location- it IS possible it had nothing to do with it.

If the documents from that incident do make the link, then obviously we can say that the animosity of DW held on long after he was fired.

FYI, I am pretty jjenny meant that he was FIRED from AIW ten years ago, not saying that this incident was five years ago.

I'm not sure how much clearer the Chief can make it. The link is AIW. The media has said the incident was five years ago. Neither AIW nor the Chief have said when Wint worked at AIW.

Lanier would not say when Wint worked there.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...707c0c-ffa7-11e4-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html

I don't know that "most elite neighborhood" is a correct description. I would say that it is "one of "the most elite neighborhoods, but by no means #1.
The only neighborhood within the city limits that even comes close is the neighboring Foxhall Rd community. Next is Chevy Chase and that has deteriorated over the years...looks kind of run down, to me.

Excellent post. Here, even in there was no betrayal, two people who worked closely with the family showed questionable judgment -- NG by constantly talking to the media during the murder investigation, and the driver, who the police say lied to them. JMO.

In total agreement. Even if not accomplices to the crime, at the very least these two showed very poor judgement and questionable decision making, possibly putting themselves and others in harm's way.

I cannot find any article or source that says the stabs to Phillip were 'bone deep': LINK PLEASE !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tillicum View Post
Injuries bone deep
He was burned so badly they still haven't officially id'd him. Since they know about the injuries they must be bone deep. jmo

I'm not sure how much clearer the Chief can make it. The link is AIW. The media has said the incident was five years ago. Neither AIW nor the Chief have said when Wint worked at AIW.

He worked there in 2005.

I get that it may have very well been linked- but I am just saying that SS may have NOT known about it. It is entirely possible. Here's the record from that incident just so we have it all here- http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquiryDetail.jis?caseId=CJ104707&loc=65&detailLoc=PG

He worked there in 2005.

I get that it may have very well been linked- but I am just saying that SS may have NOT known about it. It is entirely possible. Here's the record from that incident just so we have it all here- http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquiryDetail.jis?caseId=CJ104707&loc=65&detailLoc=PG

My goodness they should have had there alarm on 24/7! Crimes within a mile of the home:

It wont cut and paste:
Crimes within a mile of the house:

MANY:
http://www.trulia.com/homes/Distric...27053-3201-Woodland-Dr-NW-Washington-DC-20008

Those are crimes within a mile of something (maybe the geographic center of their zip code?) but they're sure not within a mile of the house. There's a crime listed on 3/26 from this year as a bomb threat received at George Washington University Hospital, which is probably more like two miles away.

Anyway, remember that this is a house in a densely populated urban area. A one-mile radius includes two Metro stations and several businesses, and the amount of crime is far less when compared to many other areas in DC.

Yes $40k would fit in pockets.
Reminds me of another infamous local case, in which the wife of sleazeball politician Jack Johnson fit $75K in her bra trying to hide it when the feds showed up. That one did lead to some speculation/experimentation on local news shows by people trying to figure out how she managed that!

This was certainly not a routine termination of a lower level employee, it is quite likely that SS remembered this episode. Therefore when SS came home on Wednesday, it may not have taken him long to assess what he was up against.
He knew CRAZY was standing right in front of him...

I cannot find any article or source that says the stabs to Phillip were 'bone deep': LINK PLEASE !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tillicum View Post
Injuries bone deep

He was burned so badly they still haven't officially id'd him. Since they know about the injuries they must be bone deep. jmo

The assumption is the fire destroyed his body. But the human body takes 2 to 3 hours to burn completely. The fire was set after 1 p.m. Firefighters were on the scene at approximately 1:20 p.m. So it's possible that his skin was burned but his flesh was not totally consumed by the fire. Knife wounds in his flesh would still be visible.

SS may have known...or not. How many people work at that company? You'd be surprised at what gets "up the food chain" just through company gossip. Don't think what happens after the CEO leaves the Christmas party...stays at the Christmas party.

But if any threats were made, even drunken threats...if he had a machete..I'd be surprised if SS wasn't informed.

But we may never know that.

Question for everyone- just looking at criminal charges- and this guy had so many names he was going under (wint) - doesn't he have an open warrent out for driving with a suspended license?

Is that this case? This status is listed as "open" from 2011- http://casesearch.courts.state.md.u...il.jis?caseId=GS52047&loc=19&detailLoc=DSTRAF

And if that is him (there are like four names in these records it seems like he was using, the height and weight is almost the same as others)- then is this one also from him but from his ex gf? The one he got into a fight into while driving over the radio volume?

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.u...il.jis?caseId=GS52047&loc=19&detailLoc=DSTRAF

Feel free to delete if not correct. But look at those charges if they are him. Holy crap.

edit: It also appears that the person from that last link was committed- and if it is him I would be interested in knowing what the DX is.

SS may have known...or not. How many people work at that company? You'd be surprised at what gets "up the food chain" just through company gossip. Don't think what happens after the CEO leaves the Christmas party...stays at the Christmas party.

But if any threats were made, even drunken threats...if he had a machete..I'd be surprised if SS wasn't informed.

But we may never know that.

I totally hope he WAS informed. I would also wonder- if he did know of this- if the reason DW was terminated had to do with him being insane at work- would he then really want to hire someone related to him? Cousin of DW was recently terminated from AIW.

It may be entirely unrelated or related- I guess I'm just trying to get into the head of how DDW could do this and WHY he picked them or what set him off after an entire decade.

My God how could someone do that to a poor little sweet guy. Bastards.

every time I see that picture coming up I have to look away.........I'm sure you know what I mean

Question for everyone- just looking at criminal charges- and this guy had so many names he was going under (wint) - doesn't he have an open warrent out for driving with a suspended license?

Is that this case? This status is listed as "open" from 2011- http://casesearch.courts.state.md.u...il.jis?caseId=GS52047&loc=19&detailLoc=DSTRAF

And if that is him (there are like four names in these records it seems like he was using, the height and weight is almost the same as others)- then is this one also from him but from his ex gf? The one he got into a fight into while driving over the radio volume?

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.u...il.jis?caseId=GS52047&loc=19&detailLoc=DSTRAF

Feel free to delete if not correct. But look at those charges if they are him. Holy crap.

edit: It also appears that the person from that last link was committed- and if it is him I would be interested in knowing what the DX is.

I don't think I'm seeing the exact cases you're seeing, but the person who is the D. Wint in Frederick County (with lots of child support stuff) is an entirely different person than our guy.

Your second link goes to a citation for driving a vehicle with suspended registration on 3/21/11 that is the same DW as in the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member