DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's strongly prejudicial in their favor that people in this situation turn themselves in, before they are caught or charged. Maybe they never face charges as a result, or if they do, their conduct in turning themselves in merits probation instead of jail time.

Whatever they thought about the origin of the money, "ransom money in the course of a quadruple homicide" was almost certainly not the explanation they had in mind prior to Wednesday. They can credibly claim to be in shock and trying to do the right thing thereafter.

At the same time, they can't credibly claim that they believed that the cash was innocent. Obviously the money came from bad means (drugs or burglary being typical candidates), so I don't know what the justice system does with people like this. They thought they were involved as accessories after the fact in "just" a felony, not a capital felony.

Your assumption is that none of these....Friends Of Wint...read a newspaper, watch TV, go online...or have the slightest idea what the biggest story in their area has been for that entire period?

If Wint's employer is Home Depot, they do rent Penske trucks.

No I mean Amerit. Someone driving this particular truck is a tech employed by Amerit and that's why they drive the mechanics shop on wheels. Sent from my not so humble opinion.

That was not a Penske truck. It was a specialized mobile Fleet Maintenance box truck.

I realize you meant Amerit. My point is that Home Depot rents fleet trucks that could be serviced by Amerit. Wint works at Home Depot. That may be the connection between the two of them. It could also be a connection between Amerit and AIW, which I assumes also has a fleet of trucks. JMO

I just closed out a few minutes ago, but their was a corporate response by Amerit, headquartered in California stating... paraphrasing... yep, we know it was out vehicle, and we are cooperating. It went into what we have been saying, that they are mechanics on wheels.

Right...because I think something that some have forgotten...they had almost a week to get whatever they might have stashed!! I don't think for one second they would have left anything stashed somewhere for 5 days only to go back for it once he was identified. LOL!!
I want to understand this. Like all y'all!! It is already such a mystery...and a pretty unique crime, in the actions taken before, during and after. Hopefully we will get more information next week...

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: Yes, if there are way many folks involved, it may take till NEXT week, but can this thread go another week of being testie and waiting for answers and just speculation for another 7 days. Shoot me now!!!! I cannot do another 7 days of screen shots and googling! I want to MOVE ON! :floorlaugh:

So I may have missed this and I apologize if I did. The articles from the evening of the arrest said the fleet truck acting in concert with DW's car had North Carolina tags on it. Do we know what the connection to NC is? Or is that just where the company owning the fleet truck is located?

:dunno: , but as above, corporate response was from California

New CNN video of red Mosler in garage. It's on the right side of the garage in front of the Audi A5.
http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/05/25/lead-dnt-brown-dc-mansion-murder.cnn

Good shot, and I have a few from previous posting as too tired to do screen cap on yours so here is one backendofcar2.JPG

Starting at 4:20 this video seems to refer to that. http://www.myfoxdc.com/clip/11517273/housekeeper-40000-in-cash-delivered-to-dc-home-where-4-murdered

The reporter is standing in front of the property, which she says is owned by SS. She seems to say that it was previously owned by American Iron Works and that the property was divided. She refers to (and you can see) the portion of the property with some iron works and the other portion with the martial arts studio.

Thanks for finding it! I haven't lost my mind like I thought earlier lol. Here is... screen cap of them next door to each other from your MSM link

AIWonLeftDojoOnRight.JPG

Based on social media photos and MSM videos the only car missing is the Bentley. If LE finds the Bentley, will they find the killer's accomplice?

Interesting, nope, we have heard or seen anything concerning of the Bentley :thinking: I would assume that it is safe as they were all over the Porsche.

Has anything been posted referring to DW having gotten his welding training there? It wouldn't surprise me.

"Savvas and Amy Savopoulos actively participated in establishing American Institute of Welding, an organization offering a fresh start to people who have lost their jobs. The Greek-American philanthropist was always trying to help others and his charity work was mostly concentrated in Greece and the United States."

http://usa.greekreporter.com/2015/05/25/savvas-savopoulos-from-greece-to-d-c/

(Let me know if that link is against TOS. It has some other interesting details about the family history, etc)

:dunno:

Do we know yet who was assigned this truck? How did this person get involved in the convoy carrying stolen money? These answers will be a good starting point in putting pieces together.

LE knew immediately upon contacting the main company who the driver/employee of this particular truck was.

No word yet :moo:

This is one obvious explanation. It did not appear that Wint stayed long at the Howard Johnson's, and then he headed off in this convoy into D.C. with a group that included his brother. While the presence of the Amerit truck is admittedly odd, the one explanation for the convoy that makes a lot of sense is turning himself in. Particularly since no one in the group was charged or even detained very long by police.

Otherwise we are forced to believe that four other people are co-conspirators in attempting to harbor a fugitive wanted for a quadruple homicide. While conspiracies are great for TV, I'm not sure it's that easy to round up four adults willing to throw in with such a notorious suspect trying to stay on the lam. One person, maybe. Four risking their freedom? Why would they do that?

I tend to agree with ya. Yet yet yet... they said they were involved in cashing the monies for cashiers checks, and let go. :thinking:

Thanks! Here is the screen shot from your link from the house to the dojo/AIW location. 42 minutes without traffic perhaps.

SophiePostScreenShot.jpg

I came to the conclusion that IF W1 had played lacrosse at UMass it was during a stay there at a high school lacrosse summer camp.

Ok that totally makes more sense and actually fits better w/ his wording...

"As a teenager, he completed at the highest levels of athletics, which led to him playing lacrosse at the University of Massachusetts."

Along with...

"MOVING FORWARD... he began to explore my interest in speed by the age of 18."

That does seem to say that he played lacrosse at UMASS prior to the age of 18--AKA summer camp. It's obviously a misleading statement though... why not say it led him to attend a lacrosse summer camp at UMASS where he was able to compete with other athletic teens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's strongly prejudicial in their favor that people in this situation turn themselves in, before they are caught or charged. Maybe they never face charges as a result, or if they do, their conduct in turning themselves in merits probation instead of jail time.

Whatever they thought about the origin of the money, "ransom money in the course of a quadruple homicide" was almost certainly not the explanation they had in mind prior to Wednesday. They can credibly claim to be in shock and trying to do the right thing thereafter.

At the same time, they can't credibly claim that they believed that the cash was innocent. Obviously the money came from bad means (drugs or burglary being typical candidates), so I don't know what the justice system does with people like this. They thought they were involved as accessories after the fact in "just" a felony, not a capital felony.

Again, you are attributing the best of motives when it is ASSUMED that they had no idea where that $ came from. One of the people in the entourage is Daron's brother/ I am sure he had an idea of how threatening and crazy DW could be at times. He was banished from his Fathers for awhile for threatening to kill the family. He was arrested for Domestic Violence. Arrested with a machete in his backpack.

How long did it take for that brutal home invasion to make the news? I'd say it was out on the airwaves very quickly. Surely these peeps knew about it when DW showed them the bag of hundreds. Hard for me to assume it was a 'total shock' when they heard about it.

So my jaded and cynical self does not give them the chance to 'credibly claim' they were in total shock. No one gets 40k in hundreds from simple burglaries or small drug deals. JMO

I just am not believing that they were going to happily and voluntarily waltz into the station WITH THE BRUTAL KILLER if they wanted to say they had no idea. They could have called a lawyer, explained their total shock, distanced themselves from the guy who tortured the innocent 10 yr old, before setting him on fire, alive.

They surely did not seem to be aghast, shocked, or distancing themselves from that monster. They were in a party caravan, cruising down the road.

I am LOL cause my Dad is the same way and his vehicles are "Old School." I mean he kisses the roof of the car everytime we go on a long trip and make it home ever since I was kid! He can tell you what make and model any classic car is just by looking at it.
Its kinda annoying when you are the type that could give a crap about cars ;)

YES!! OMG!! "Those headlights were only on the '64 blah blah blah - but the taillights were used on the '63-'67" Mine turned 84 today...and he can still recall that crap! But OH, how grateful I am that he can...

Sorry...I am a bit sentimental today about Dad!

If you were going to turn yourself in, wouldn't you let LE know?

[modsnip]

(NOTE: previous lawyers name is Ficker :giggle: )

No mispellings here.... just late night bad humor for levity

Your assumption is that none of these....Friends Of Wint...read a newspaper, watch TV, go online...or have the slightest idea what the biggest story in their area has been for that entire period?

It's always somebody else. Why did no one suspect Jeffrey Dahmer?

That said, the thought had to cross the minds of Wint's father and brother, seeing the news of the murders on TV. "Hey wait -- aren't these the people that Darron's always mouthing off about?"

I'm not going to be able to wrap this up with a pretty bow for you. I'm just telling you what I think the purpose and destination of the convoy was. You are welcome to come to different conclusions either about the purpose or the relative innocence of the parties involved.

I still can't wrap my head around some of this. Did W1 arrive at the house with the executive from the company who was authorized to withdraw money or did he go alone? If W1 were in on it, and he dropped it off alone, why drop it off at all? If he's in on it and $40,000 was the objective, why not just take the money?

Still having a hard time believing that even hardened criminals would torture and murder four people over $40 grand. And why go the night before and stay all night? Why not go the day that they are able to get the money, which is Thursday? If it was motivated by the car.....why leave it? Was $40 grand the maximum SS could request from AIW without going through another formal procedure.....like a petty cash of sorts. Otherwise, why not ask for more money? And finally, follow me here. If $40 grand was the motivating factor and W1 knew it was cash and stole some and WASNT involved in the crime itself.....DW realizes the cash is short and that's why SS started calling W1 after the delivery.

Again, you are attributing the best of motives when it is ASSUMED that they had no idea where that $ came from. One of the people in the entourage is Daron's brother/ I am sure he had an idea of how threatening and crazy DW could be at times. He was banished from his Fathers for awhile for threatening to kill the family. He was arrested for Domestic Violence. Arrested with a machete in his backpack.

How long did it take for that brutal home invasion to make the news? I'd say it was out on the airwaves very quickly. Surely these peeps knew about it when DW showed them the bag of hundreds. Hard for me to assume it was a 'total shock' when they heard about it.

So my jaded and cynical self does not give them the chance to 'credibly claim' they were in total shock. No one gets 40k in hundreds from simple burglaries or small drug deals. JMO

I just am not believing that they were going to happily and voluntarily waltz into the station WITH THE BRUTAL KILLER if they wanted to say they had no idea. They could have called a lawyer, explained their total shock, distanced themselves from the guy who tortured the innocent 10 yr old, before setting him on fire, alive.

They surely did not seem to be aghast, shocked, or distancing themselves from that monster. They were in a party caravan, cruising down the road.

Excellent post.

They saw no evil, heard no evil, informed citizens all.

And I guess they were just trying to make it nice for him as they paraded to some police station of his choice. They tried to get a marching band and majorette, but settled for a big, colorful truck.

But at least 4 of them could have fit in the one car. Why take an employers truck? "Oh, I needed to use it because my Brother The Child Torturer needed me to go with him to the police station..."

As if the company would be pleased with such an association!

So one person stays home...he still could fill the other car. So weird.

So..... according to the LEGAL (not MSM) the supposed brother, gave the cash to one of the girls in the car that the defendant was with to get the money orders. WHERE and WHEN was this? After he came back to MD? Before he went to girlfriends? While in DC?

:thinking: :thinking:

Waiting for June 23rd - next court appearance and perhaps we'll find out then if not before. Preliminary hearing.... hope will be live streamed as so much will come out :moo: as they are keeping so much to the vest. It'll be busy here at WS that day.

:escape: back to the Holmes trial tomorrow...... :seeya:

So I just did a bunch of sleuthtastic stuff- and found the broke racers instagram- this may be a coincidence but he's welding. the car. welding- AIW- DW? Connection?

Check it out.

View attachment 75243

link: http://ilovegram.com/brokeracersclub

There's a video of him welding, too. It's a public video, so I think it's okay to post. If not, I'm guessing it will disappear quickly. https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t50.2886-16/10926699_1615541575341255_430157432_n.mp4

Excellent post.

They saw no evil, heard no evil, informed citizens all.

And I guess they were just trying to make it nice for him as they paraded to some police station of his choice. They tried to get a marching band and majorette, but settled for a big, colorful truck.
omg you guys are cracking me up!

So..... according to the LEGAL (not MSM) the supposed brother, gave the cash to one of the girls in the car that the defendant was with to get the money orders. WHERE and WHEN was this? After he came back to MD? Before he went to girlfriends? While in DC?

:thinking: :thinking:

Waiting for June 23rd - next court appearance and perhaps we'll find out then if not before. Preliminary hearing.... hope will be live streamed as so much will come out :moo: as they are keeping so much to the vest. It'll be busy here at WS that day.

:escape: back to the Holmes trial tomorrow...... :seeya:

See you in the morning!! Wonder what is in store for us this week...think it's about time for docs yet??

Simple. He was from DC. He had loads of cash because he just successfully did a home invasion that netted him 40k. The box truck? No idea. Maybe to move his stuff out of DC. Going back to a locked down crime scene? Lol, not even the stupidest criminal would think that one up.

You've given an explanation for him to have stayed in DC, not for him making an almost 500 mile round trip back to go from DC to NY and back and I didn't say he was going back to the crime scene.

[modsnip]

(NOTE: previous lawyers name us Ficker :giggle: )

No mispellings here.... just late night bad humor for levity

I can't stand that [modsnip]guy! He is an embarrassment to the bar. He would sell his grandmother to DW if it would get him on TV. A really horrible individual. [modsnip]

You've given an explanation for him to have stayed in DC, not for him making an almost 500 mile round trip back to go from DC to NY and back and I didn't say he was going back to the crime scene.

Maybe he was planning to get his stuff, load into the truck, and relocate somewhere else.

Does this mean that he was just taking Phillip to the go kart arena, or was he more broadly taking care of the child and responsible for him? I had not realized that he spent a considerable amount of time with Phillip, and it is the kind of thing I was curious about in terms of any recent changes in routine concerning Phillip.

I think both. Instagram cache peeped out by the ever so clever KristinSchmistin: On 4-26 he says specifically "yea my boss' son was racing, so I was kinda working which is why I didn't contact any of my Mooresville homies @xxxx hope life is awesome!" He was tweeting from gopromotorplex.

Additionally, given how he is fairly adept/active w Internet social cell etc. I do find it difficult to believe he did not check his phone for over 2 hrs. Only a slight glance and the missed call would have been immediately seen. I am not nearly as active and would be pressed not to glance at cell for 2hrs unless in a closed meeting/conference. I'm not inferring absolute involvement but tis quite odd.

I really need to get some sleep. I've been here practically all day ! Golly!

His brother had to know, because his dad was calling for DW to turn himself in as soon as he was named as a POI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth