DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone (a Black male) was seen driving the car on Wednesday...when was this? If before 6PM... how did he get use of the car? Did he carjack Amy?

If after 6PM...does that mean he wasn't needed in the house to control the family?

The very last call that SS's cell phone made was to the driver and it was approximately 3 hours after the driver got the money, which makes people think either the driver stole some of it not knowing it was for a ransom with SS frantically trying to figure out why some was missing or that the driver was in on with DW and that it could have been DW calling the driver from SS's phone:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

Let's assume W1 didn't know the money was for ransom, but rather for the dojo/auction/art. When SS got in the car to drive himself to the dojo, he would notice that half the money he requested was missing. Then what?

I don't believe the assistant had any involvement. I think he lied because he thought he did something illegal and it would ruin his life.
So he had been fired from the karting business. Probably not a big deal. I live and work in a "right to work" state so you can be fired for no reason, or you can be fired because your boss doesn't like purple shirts or red ties.
I read his bio- he had participated in some great events. My opinion is that SS hired him for a driver for him and mentor for his son. And he could guide PS into karting and later F1 racing if that was the plan. I think SS would have become a sponsor/ start a team to get ready for his son. Just my ideas. SS was a car guy and had the money to start a team...

Go-karting leads to F1 racing? Seriously? If he lied to one of the federal agents, he did break the law. Working for a go-kart business is no more high end than working for a bowling alley. It isn't exactly a career path I would want my son to take.

JMO

I'm not sure he has any accomplices. The crime screams to me of one vengeful and deranged man acting alone. Also I think he was motivated by murder (wrath) at least as much as for money (greed). I think we'll find out that the weapon was a machete, much used in Guyana for killing, and symbolic for Wint as striking a blow for justice.

It's possible that forensics or a confession will show an accomplice, but I'd be surprised. This was a very personal crime, a crime of passion, IMO.

I agree. I think he is a vicious psychopath and might have been tweaking. He had not planned it out very well. Just get inside and hold them hostage until they give me lots of money. I think that was the extent of his master plan. Add to tjhat his deep seated anger at his bosses, who unfairly fired him, and his jealousy towards the poor sweet boy, and you have pure EVIL, imo.

Originally I believed he had help. But now I am not so sure.

It's possible, but the turning himself in idea seems odd to me. He could have turned himself in when he was in Brooklyn, when he apparently learned he was wanted.

I could definitely see him preferring to turn himself in here rather than to NYC police. I also think an entourage makes a lot of sense (though not the truck). I think it notable that there were no weapons found during the arrest.

Yes, I agree with the great praise for the police and the task force. I don't remember a major crime so well investigated, so quickly, with such outstanding results in identifying and then apprehending the killer.

All the same, if it turns out that Wint and his entourage claimed to be en route to turning him in, I think it's worth mentioning that when speaking to the press afterward. Because, otherwise, those other four adults should be in jail right now, IMO. So, which is it?

Wint nor his entourage claimed to be en route to turn him in. Such a process doesn't require 2 vehicles and four assistants. I think those other four adults will be indicted for possession of stolen property, aiding and abetting a fugitive and anything else the US Attorney can dig up to slap on them.

JMO

If someone (a Black male) was seen driving the car on Wednesday...when was this? If before 6PM... how did he get use of the car? Did he carjack Amy?

If after 6PM...does that mean he wasn't needed in the house to control the family?

RBBM I haven't seen any account of the Wednesday sighting of the Porsche that included a description of a driver. Has anybody else?

There are a few short cuts which if you know the area can get you down to Chain Bridge and entering the city from the West side rather than going all the way down I-66 in rush hour, in either direction. Taking I-66 could be upwards to an hour because of all the traffic that feeds in at I-495 and the Dulles Toll Rd. Cutting through the back roads can shave a good 7-10 mins off of that 39 min est.

See my post #519 above. I think they were all coming clean at once, with the money. They decided this was the best way.

Your theory makes absolutely no sense. Cops weren't looking for them, didn't know they were helping to aid and abet, didn't know they even existed. And the charging documents do not state they had all of the $40,000 with them. If DW wanted to turn himself in, he could have done so in NYC with all $40,000, waived extradition and saved himself a $1,000 cab ride.

JMO

If there was more than one perp in this crime they had to leave enough DNA to keep the crime labs busy for months or even years sorting it all out, including touch DNA. Then they have to match it to someone. They had to leave 18 hours worth of evidence to be sorted. In the mean time I'm calling Ms. Cleo to tell me the answers free for 19.95 by tomorrow. ;)

Maybe he was planning to get his stuff, load into the truck, and relocate somewhere else.

Yes, that's an explanation for him staying in DC, not taking a 500 round trip from DC to NY and back and also that truck was not something you get at UHaul and isn't designed to be used as a moving van. I think he was planning on loading and moving some things in it, but he wasn't intending to use a mobile vehicle service truck to move furniture from one apartment to another.

RBBM I haven't seen any account of the Wednesday sighting of the Porsche that included a description of a driver. Has anybody else?

The only sighting of the Porsche was on Thursday at 1:30 PM according to the charging document (see page 10)

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/local/charging-papers-against-daron-wint/1558/

W3 described seeing the Porsche being driven by a man with short well groomed hair. The driver was wearing a green neon construction vest. The vest was found inside the burned out car. What is interesting is the charging document notes that inside the garage they found other green neon construction vests. I wonder if the intruders used these green vests as a method to enter this Mansion in what is a very exclusive neighborhood without raising suspicions?

The only sighting of the Porsche was on Thursday at 1:30 PM according to the charging document (see page 10)

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/local/charging-papers-against-daron-wint/1558/

W3 described seeing the Porsche being driven by a man with short well groomed hair. The driver was wearing a green neon construction vest. The vest was found inside the burned out car. What is interesting is the charging document notes that inside the garage they found other green neon construction vests. I wonder if the intruders used these green vests as a method to enter this Mansion in what is a very exclusive neighborhood without raising suspicions?

So the vest at least partially survived the fire. Wonder if it had DW's dna on it?

So the vest at least partially survived the fire. Wonder if it had DW's dna on it?

If it did have DW's DNA on it I suspect that this info would have been in the charging document. It would be interesting to know if they detected any DNA on the vest.

Let's assume W1 didn't know the money was for ransom, but rather for the dojo/auction/art. When SS got in the car to drive himself to the dojo, he would notice that half the money he requested was missing. Then what?

He'd say he did his job and he'd have NG to back him up on how insecure the house was combined with others seeing people like gardeners at house, so he could say it was probably one of the gardeners or some random person who stole it. I just think he did something that wasn't quite kosher whether direct involvement or just took an opportunity because he lied about multiple things with the money and also because SS kept calling him hours after he picked up the money. If the driver did what he was supposed to do and he wasn't in on it, there's no reason for SS to be calling him at noon, which I just can't get passed the driver getting the money at 9 AM and the driver being the last person SS called at noon as that just tells me there's something wrong somewhere. If for instance the money was dropped off at 10 AM there was no reason for the S family to be alive after that and there wouldn't be a need to call the driver unless SS had arranged another batch of money to be picked up, which we haven't heard about a money drop that was in the works with the driver just needing to deliver it.

Yes, that's an explanation for him staying in DC, not taking a 500 round trip from DC to NY and back and also that truck was not something you get at UHaul and isn't designed to be used as a moving van. I think he was planning on loading and moving some things in it, but he wasn't intending to use a mobile vehicle service truck to move furniture from one apartment to another.

Didn't he go to NY to see his g/f before he realized police were after him?

I could see him wanting to turn himself into DC instead of NYC too. And he had plenty of time to do that already. If he wanted an entourage, he could have called fro his Fathers and had his brother and Dad there with him.

I can easily believe that he and his brother would go in together. But having a hard time understanding why the others would voluntarily walk in alongside a vicious killer. I would be distancing myself, saying I was his victim too, because he convinced me to launder money. Not hanging out in a Hotel room and driving around in a caravan TOGETHER. Not a good move, imo, if you want to separate yourself from a vicious home invasion where 4 innocents were slaughtered.

His entourage apparently knew that he stabbed a little boy for hours, and set him on fire while he was still alive. How could they 'hang out' with the guy after knowing that?

If it did have DW's DNA on it I suspect that this info would have been in the charging document. It would be interesting to know if they detected any DNA on the vest.

It was partially burned and likely worn over other clothing prior to being burned. So it would be a lot less likely for DNA to be on the vest.

If my employer wanted me to be a cash delivery service I would ask him to buy me an armored car. I wouldn't like that responsibility with people potentially robbing me or other Murphy's law events. How would I pay it back if I "lost" it? I would definitely want to hand it to a live person and confirm my boss had it -directly from his own mouth.
Instead he stops somewhere and takes pictures of it after it apparently was tampered with... (One of the bank bands had been removed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy