DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he has storage locker somewhere.

Which is exactly what I think that he had valuable stolen merchandise in the area, which would be the only reason he'd return after knowing there was a national APB out on him. If you've got something in storage worth $10Ks-$100Ks there would be a reason to go back to the area, but not for some old sofa. He/they had hours and hours to plunder the home of valuables and there would be many high value items like electronics, jewelry, etc. and it wouldn't really make sense to ignore all those valuables in the home if you're doing this kidnapping at least in part to profit off it.

There's no accusation against Wint that he forced $40,000 to be withdrawn and we only know the driver knew about it on Wednesday is because it was something that was put down in writing as the driver lied about when they were told, which nothing precludes SS having verbally told the driver this was in the works beforehand. Actually the text message points to it being pre-arranged with the Thursday appointment having being confirmed on Wednesday with the plans made between the bank manager, the AIW employee and the driver to meet when the bank opened the next day. If SS was kidnapped Wednesday at around 6 PM, he couldn't have done all this that night to have the appointment arranged that night for right when the bank opens up the next morning.

If he walked into the home invasion at 5 or 6, he could have called the bank manager and set it up for the next morning. My brother in law is a big developer and he has the home numbers of his bankers on speed dial. Sometimes they need cash at weird hours for foreign companies and sudden supply issues etc. All kinds of financial emergencies come up when building a development. You might have a steel shipment coming in early and need the cash moved from one account to another. The bankers are happy to help because they want the accounts to stay with them.

7774626_G.jpg

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29066982/four-dead-fire

Driver has a mortified look on his face. As would I.

If he walked into the home invasion at 5 or 6, he could have called the bank manager and set it up for the next morning. My brother in law is a big developer and he has the home numbers of his bankers on speed dial. Sometimes they need cash at weird hours for foreign companies and sudden supply issues etc. All kinds of financial emergencies come up when building a development. You might have a steel shipment coming in early and need the cash moved from one account to another. The bankers are happy to help because they want the accounts to stay with them.

You are talking about overseas transactions, which have different laws than domestic US transactions and also I think you're confusing a wire transfers with physical cash. If you're moving cash from one account to another that's a wire transfer without any physical cash, not a bank manager handing someone stacks of $10K in hundred dollar bills for them to put in their pockets. Wire transfers are very common and not necessarily a big deal while using physical cash in large amounts isn't very common for businesses to get from banks.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...y-suspect-in-savopoulos-murder-case/27908985/

"Hines told us, 'Well, there had to be some connection between Wint worked there, like, 10 years ago so there has to be some connection to someone that Wint knows that's working there now that was able to give the details to know about the money and that they could get the money delivered to the house.'"

The money delivery is very important. So is this statement. To my ears it is implying a possible connection of W-1 (delivery guy/assistant) and Wint.

Except Hines is not on this case "former prosecutor" Again, just more rumors

I think this was pretty fancy go cart stuff. I was reading about the recent Grand Prix in Monaco and the Formula 1 World Champion, Lewis Hamilton.
He got his start with go kart racing.

I don't know a thing about racing.
But according to this article most of the current F1 drivers started their careers in gokarts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...of-Formula-Ones-best-drivers-FORMULA-ONE.html

Has anyone done any research on the average age one would be when he/she makes the transition to real cars? The driver/assistant is 28 years old. That seems a bit old to be entering the real racing world. Also, how does one get a job with one of the richest guys in the world, on paper, and yet constantly be traveling for a week or two at a time. Finally, one article I read said that SS had intentions to move his family and business to Puerto Rico. If this were true...wouldn't the driver assistant be jobless again? How might he feel about that news?

OMG, LMAO...
Ok, I used to work with one of the businesses that was located and which is still currently at that same address. Let me tell you, it was a warehouse...a huge one and the original business either started renting out portions of the huge space and divided the huge warehouse into several spaces.
This is yet another out of the way and kind of rundown area. Can't even imagine a high end exclusive membership martial arts studio in that location...no less an international hedge fund. It puzzles me the places this man would drive these ridiculously expensive cars.

Another picture of building

http://x.lnimg.com/photo/poster_768/775c7cf09b1148e3aea445886e639d4f.jpg

Building plan

http://x.lnimg.com/photo/poster_768/98b73acda35d465a902c1a7439c628c8.jpg

Building ownership

13930 Willard Road, LLC

Principal Office: AMERICAN IRONWORKS INC
5010 INWOOD ST
HYATTSVILLE, MD 20781
Formation Date: 10/27/2008

I thought his brother's name is Steffon?
This is the brother that was arrested or detained the night of his capture. No one knows if there is really a Steffon or just a name they use when they get arrested.

This is the brother that was arrested or detained the night of his capture. No one knows if there is really a Steffon or just a name they use when they get arrested.

I found an FB page for a Steffon Wint from Lanham MD that was recently deleted. I suspect this is his brother (the dad lives in Lanham)

Here are cached copies of his profile.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...public/Steffon-Wint+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ok.com/steffon.wint+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

10858470_891386574225521_7679245566490093174_n.jpg

"Darrell" could be an alias for DW who's true name (according to the charging document) is Darron Dellen Denis Wint.

Has anyone done any research on the average age one would be when he/she makes the transition to real cars? The driver/assistant is 28 years old. That seems a bit old to be entering the real racing world. Also, how does one get a job with one of the richest guys in the world, on paper, and yet constantly be traveling for a week or two at a time. Finally, one article I read said that SS had intentions to move his family and business to Puerto Rico. If this were true...wouldn't the driver assistant be jobless again? How might he feel about that news?

Yes I think that's a tad old, there is a bit of controversy about at the moment because Max Verstappen has been given his license to drive Grand Prix at 17, and people are blaming his age and inexperience on a track incident .. http://www.news.com.au/sport/motors...-a-super-license/story-fnec578q-1227369596171

I've been away and catching up on all the posts. I'm dumbfounded that anybody can believe DW was going to turn himself in! Hahaha. First of all, why have one of the women exchanging the cash for money orders? Hmmm? Because he would be recognized and somebody would turn him in!

Also, remember this? http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/quadruple-murder-suspect-believed-brooklyn-article-1.2230906
"We believe he saw himself on the news and just took off," Fernandez said.

"When investigators began following the cars out of the motel parking lot, they took a U-turn and a strange route as though trying to shake off anyone following them, Fernandez said. But authorities managed to get between them."

I always try to evade anyone tailing me when I'm heading straight to the police to fess up, don't you?

I found an FB page for a Steffon Wint from Lanham MD that was recently deleted. I suspect this is his brother (the dad lives in Lanham)

Here are cached copies of his profile.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...public/Steffon-Wint+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ok.com/steffon.wint+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

10858470_891386574225521_7679245566490093174_n.jpg

"Darrell" could be an alias for DW who's true name (according to the charging document) is Darron Dellen Denis Wint.
No, Darrell is a younger brother not Daron's alias. This guy was 25 in Dec 2011. (Now 28 or 29)

There are a few short cuts which if you know the area can get you down to Chain Bridge and entering the city from the West side rather than going all the way down I-66 in rush hour, in either direction. Taking I-66 could be upwards to an hour because of all the traffic that feeds in at I-495 and the Dulles Toll Rd. Cutting through the back roads can shave a good 7-10 mins off of that 39 min est.

Yeah, but if you take Chain Bridge at rush hour, you can't take Canal all the way down. You have to make that left to get onto MacArthur, which is incredibly slow. I think it would be very unusual to make it from Chantilly to their neighborhood in less than 40 minutes at rush hour. JMO of course.

You are talking about overseas transactions, which have different laws than domestic US transactions and also I think you're confusing a wire transfers with physical cash. If you're moving cash from one account to another that's a wire transfer without any physical cash, not a bank manager handing someone stacks of $10K in hundred dollar bills for them to put in their pockets. Wire transfers are very common and not necessarily a big deal while using physical cash in large amounts isn't very common for businesses to get from banks.

I understand the difference. But just making the point that a wealthy business owner can call the bank manager after 6 pm and get emergency cash for the next morning, if his life depended on it---which SS thought it did. He could have given a very believable reason for needing emergency cash, imo.

Some businesses do use cash in large amounts---for odd situations, or cash only auctions, etc.

He'd say he did his job and he'd have NG to back him up on how insecure the house was combined with others seeing people like gardeners at house, so he could say it was probably one of the gardeners or some random person who stole it. I just think he did something that wasn't quite kosher whether direct involvement or just took an opportunity because he lied about multiple things with the money and also because SS kept calling him hours after he picked up the money. If the driver did what he was supposed to do and he wasn't in on it, there's no reason for SS to be calling him at noon, which I just can't get passed the driver getting the money at 9 AM and the driver being the last person SS called at noon as that just tells me there's something wrong somewhere. If for instance the money was dropped off at 10 AM there was no reason for the S family to be alive after that and there wouldn't be a need to call the driver unless SS had arranged another batch of money to be picked up, which we haven't heard about a money drop that was in the works with the driver just needing to deliver it.

But if the car was locked, as it was supposed to be (or else why would W1 default to it was locked when asked by LE) how did the money get stolen? I'm starting to think maybe his relationship with the S family was starting to sour - maybe SS started to pick up on his lies/shady behavior and was planning to fire him. Or maybe SS wasn't providing W1 with enough attention money for HIS racing, and he started to feel like the pit crew for a ten year-old, which was not why he was nice to the kid to begin with. I think he was nice to PS to gain the trust of SS, but it was all an act to get to his money, either as a sponsor or as a mark. When SS realized he had invited a viper into his midst, he realized he needed to get rid of him. Now Mr. Wanna-be-race-car-driver has NOBODY to support his race-car dreams - no AutoBahn, no BRC profits, no sponsors, no SS - and he has races coming up in Italy or wherever.

I think this guy is a pathological liar and a psychopath (they are often very charming). He doesn't seem to be able to maintain relationships (since it's always all about him) so he runs through people pretty quickly. The photo-posting on SM put the whole family at risk. If AS found out about it, I'm pretty sure she would want him away from her family. It just feels icky - like an invasion of privacy - that he posted photos of their stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bman1986