DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Former DW Attorney Robin Ficker is on CNN right now. Says he met with DW's family last night and he described them as a nice "Island" family (this <modsnip>doesn't realize that Guyana is NOT an Island but part of South America). Ficker says there are "nine children" in the family. He discounts the DNA evidence saying that DW "doesn't even like Pizza". What a joke this guy is.

I disagree with the description of the driver taking a step-down job from the Go Kart business. As I see it, he saw a big potential of fulfilling his dream of being a race car driver with his employment by SS.

SS had the means and the interest to help him get exactly where he wanted to be. In addition, SS had a son interested in car racing, so what better way than to hire a mentor into the family. As many business's that SS owned, what was one more to consider adding to his repertoire? Besides, I imagine the salary the assistant was receiving was much more than at the Go Kart.

It is against the law for an employer to tell why an employee is let go. It is a big no-no! So an inside leak will have to happen for us to know. And I bet the Go Kart corporate office has threatened everyone who has access to that information since this is such a big news headline.

I agree that W1 may not have seen his new position as a step down, but the bold (by me) is a common misconception -- employers can say anything that's true. A lot don't because it's not worth the risk of a defamation suit (which are only won if the information is not true). But an employer can disclose why someone was let go, especially if a crime was involved.

sbm

775c7cf09b1148e3aea445886e639d4f.jpg

Are my eyes deceiving me? A USPS curbside mailbox w no lock, in 2015 in a US metro area, presumably for a business? Just wondering.

I don't think this was supposed to be a high end, exclusive club, he's VP of

http://www.greatfallsbudokan.com/about.html

and that doesn't look like it. Maybe he thought he'd get lots of custom by the charitable association for unemployed workers that's nextdoor to it?

http://www.myfoxdc.com/clip/11517273/housekeeper-40000-in-cash-delivered-to-dc-home-where-4-murdered

I'm not sure he has any accomplices. The crime screams to me of one vengeful and deranged man acting alone. Also I think he was motivated by murder (wrath) at least as much as for money (greed). I think we'll find out that the weapon was a machete, much used in Guyana for killing, and symbolic for Wint as striking a blow for justice.

It's possible that forensics or a confession will show an accomplice, but I'd be surprised. This was a very personal crime, a crime of passion, IMO.

I guess I should check on the whereabouts of that research assistant I fired 10 years ago.

Why do you think the police have said they believe there was more than one individual involved?

Rules for required reserves for banks, will vary bank to bank. So a bank has to have so much cash, but can also keep some of that cash at a Federal Reserve Bank.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/reservereq.htm

Required reserves
Based on Net transaction accounts
More than $14.5 million to $103.6 million 3%
More than $103.6 million 10%

Total transaction accounts consists of demand deposits, automatic transfer service (ATS) accounts, NOW accounts, share draft accounts, telephone or preauthorized transfer accounts, ineligible bankers acceptances, and obligations issued by affiliates maturing in seven days or less. Net transaction accounts are total transaction accounts less amounts due from other depository institutions and less cash items in the process of collection.

Required reserves must be held in the form of vault cash and, if vault cash is insufficient, also in the form of a deposit maintained with a Federal Reserve Bank. An institution that is a member of the Federal Reserve System must hold that deposit directly with a Reserve Bank; an institution that is not a member of the System can maintain that deposit directly with a Reserve Bank or with another institution in a pass-through relationship. Reserve requirements are imposed on commercial banks, savings banks, savings and loan associations, credit unions, U.S. branches and agencies of foreign banks, Edge corporations, and agreement corporations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_Bank

I agree. I think he is a vicious psychopath and might have been tweaking. He had not planned it out very well. Just get inside and hold them hostage until they give me lots of money. I think that was the extent of his master plan. Add to tjhat his deep seated anger at his bosses, who unfairly fired him, and his jealousy towards the poor sweet boy, and you have pure EVIL, imo.

Originally I believed he had help. But now I am not so sure.

Why would Wint have jealousy for a boy he presumably had never met before that?

He really is delusional if he thinks a "the gardener did it" theory would convince police. I think the driver and NG were the masterminds of the crime, not Wint. He was promised $40,000 and got perhaps half that. There is no reasonable, rational or in any way believable explanation for why W-I texted NG a photo of the money. There is a reasonable explanation for SS' multiple calls to the driver: Wint wanted to know where the rest of the money was. When he didn't get any answer to the calls, Wint went on a fiery rampage.

JMO

Has NG been named as the person receiving the picture of the money? Link?

There's no accusation against Wint that he forced $40,000 to be withdrawn and we only know the driver knew about it on Wednesday is because it was something that was put down in writing as the driver lied about when they were told, which nothing precludes SS having verbally told the driver this was in the works beforehand. Actually the text message points to it being pre-arranged with the Thursday appointment having being confirmed on Wednesday with the plans made between the bank manager, the AIW employee and the driver to meet when the bank opened the next day. If SS was kidnapped Wednesday at around 6 PM, he couldn't have done all this that night to have the appointment arranged that night for right when the bank opens up the next morning.

If the cash withdrawal was planned prior to the crime, I wonder what SS wanted with $40,000 in cash. The supposed reason was his martial arts studio, but why would he need cash (beyond petty cash) for that? In my mind, either the cash withdrawal was something that was required of him by Wint, or something very fishy was going on that might be a potential whole new avenue to explore. Bribes, drug money, hit money, untraceable political "donation" are the only things I can think of that require cash over a wire transfer, ACH, check, etc. Can anyone think of a legit reason for needing or wanting a huge pile of cash like that?

I found this earlier today. I found it interesting that at least one Certified Accountant (LCA) at the Hyattsville location was brought in to work (August 2012)on a Visa. His salary was higher than the average for the area and similar industries. His Visa expires in August of 2015.
Anyone have any thoughts on this?
http://foreign-employment.findthedata.com/l/42954/AIW-Inc

Since Greece is having such financial problems, maybe a family member? Could be something nefarious, but given how active they were in the US Greek community, and given that his grandfather started the business after leaving Greece, and given that his father is still alive and they have been said to value family and the Greek community, I would be inclined to believe it was the former.

About the go f*nd me page. I heard it was asking for money for both a service here and one in El Salvador as well as a private plane to transport her home. Why does it need to be so elaborate?

Good question. My dead relative flew with everyone else when moved from one part of the country to another.

If the cash withdrawal was planned prior to the crime, I wonder what SS wanted with $40,000 in cash. The supposed reason was his martial arts studio, but why would he need cash (beyond petty cash) for that? In my mind, either the cash withdrawal was something that was required of him by Wint, or something very fishy was going on that might be a potential whole new avenue to explore. Bribes, drug money, hit money, untraceable political "donation" are the only things I can think of that require cash over a wire transfer, ACH, check, etc. Can anyone think of a legit reason for needing or wanting a huge pile of cash like that?

To have cash on hand in case of a bank and/or currency collapse might be the only one I could muster. I agree it was by a demand of DW.

I find it curious that it doesn't appear DW had a gun (only surmising since none of the victims are reported to have been shot). They were all stabbed I believe, so obviously he had at least one knife or similar. I have to assume he had AS, PS, and VF tied up before SS got home because if it was just 1 person coming into the house with 4 people, SS could have (easily?) taken him down at some point with his black belt level martial arts skills. I'm still surprised SS couldn't take DW down even with a knife - makes me really think maybe more than 1 person? Maybe the other person ate his pizza crust?

No gun, but my guess he used a machete.

There's no accusation against Wint that he forced $40,000 to be withdrawn and we only know the driver knew about it on Wednesday is because it was something that was put down in writing as the driver lied about when they were told, which nothing precludes SS having verbally told the driver this was in the works beforehand. Actually the text message points to it being pre-arranged with the Thursday appointment having being confirmed on Wednesday with the plans made between the bank manager, the AIW employee and the driver to meet when the bank opened the next day. If SS was kidnapped Wednesday at around 6 PM, he couldn't have done all this that night to have the appointment arranged that night for right when the bank opens up the next morning.

Just the way you worded it suddenly a flood!He is opening his center the next day. For whatever reason he wanted 40K for it. The "help" blabed about it "I wish I could go tot he bank and grab 40K". It got speread around that 40K would be around THurs and WInt, just went for it.

Wint is vilent and a theif so he just thought I shall go steal it.

For me, all along, the ability for the weathy to have bankers and anyone else "cater to them" is just the way it works. I have never been bewidered by him being able to get acess to cash at his whim. Its just how it works....... but if the help knew about it then there was oppporttunity for it to be gossiped about.

Another thought on why SS might not have tried to overtake DW. DW may have lied and told him someone else was holding his daughters elsewhere and if they didn't hear from DE, they would harm the girls. SS would have no idea if that were true or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8