DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello WS! This is my first post. I live in the DC area & have taken this case to heart. It's like I've lost 4 members of my family. Nice to talk this case out with others. Kind of therapeutic. What has bothered me the most is how PS was killed. I'm not a criminal profiler but there seems to be some father-son angle here. I'd like to know more about the history between DW & his father, especially when DW was younger. Was DW ever tortured or abused as a child? At the same time, if more than one person is involved was someone trying to send a message by killing a father & his son? A lot of anger & hatred to do that to a child.

This morning on CNN, Ficker said the family doesn't want DW to have a court app attorney and this week he will be appointed his lawyer. :scared: This will be a :trainwreck: . imo

This morning on CNN, Ficker said the family doesn't want DW to have a court app attorney and this week he will be appointed his lawyer. :scared: This will be a :trainwreck: . imo

Most of us predicted that this guy is applying for the job.

Former DW Attorney Robin Ficker is on CNN right now. Says he met with DW's family last night and he described them as a nice "Island" family (this <modship> doesn't realize that Guyana is NOT an Island but part of South America). Ficker says there are "nine children" in the family. He discounts the DNA evidence saying that DW "doesn't even like Pizza". What a joke this guy is.

I have tried to find the viideo This <modship>took my breath away:

He is not the guy that did this. His DNA was found on pizza that was delivered outside the home, and then later that pizza crust was found in a dumpster, but the murders were committed inside the home. They've got the wrong guy.

It's a group grope, a rush to judgment. There's a presumption of innocence which is not being mentioned by the police.

FICKER: Every mother's child at some point becomes angry, becomes hostile towards their parents. We know that. I'm a parent three times over and I've seen it in my kids who are wonderful successes. I think we're nitpicking here trying to brand him in the public's eye, in the court of public opinion, the police should take their case to court. There is no evidence of DNA -- his DNA on any of the victims, is there? No.

He was not a mean, aggressive person at all, he was a young man finding his way, a student of Prince George's Community College. He tried to get into the Marines, he was patriotic, he was well-meaning and he remains that way as far as I know.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1505/22/cnr.01.html

Which is exactly what I think that he had valuable stolen merchandise in the area, which would be the only reason he'd return after knowing there was a national APB out on him. If you've got something in storage worth $10Ks-$100Ks there would be a reason to go back to the area, but not for some old sofa. He/they had hours and hours to plunder the home of valuables and there would be many high value items like electronics, jewelry, etc. and it wouldn't really make sense to ignore all those valuables in the home if you're doing this kidnapping at least in part to profit off it.
But , all along from the beginning it has never been mentioned that anything was stolen, etc etc? They would not early on keep that a secret, the tease at the opening of a segment would probably have been something like

Robery gone bad

Affluent robbed

you know

shhoot shut the page, the angle of the Porshe on Wed had an eyewitness saying "could" have been .......................

He was appointed two attorneys at his Preliminary Hearing.

Attorney Appointed PDS
Attorney AGO, ARTHUR representing Defendant (Criminal) WINT, DARON D as of 05/22/2015
DARON D WINT (Defendant (Criminal)); ; ARTHUR AGO (Attorney) on behalf of DARON D WINT (Defendant (Criminal)); Judge ERROL ARTHUR on behalf of Judge RHONDA REID WINSTON
Attorney Appointed PDS

Attorney LAWSON, NATALIE representing Defendant (Criminal) WINT, DARON D as of 05/22/2015
DARON D WINT (Defendant (Criminal)); ; NATALIE LAWSON (Attorney) on behalf of DARON D WINT (Defendant (Criminal)); Judge ERROL ARTHUR on behalf of Judge RHONDA REID WINSTON

Which may be temporary cause it's early yet.

I understand the difference. But just making the point that a wealthy business owner can call the bank manager after 6 pm and get emergency cash for the next morning, if his life depended on it---which SS thought it did. He could have given a very believable reason for needing emergency cash, imo.

Some businesses do use cash in large amounts---for odd situations, or cash only auctions, etc.

But getting a wire transfer isn't getting cash. Also there has been much discussion here whether or not this was the first time SS had done this and if this wasn't SS's first rodeo handling cash it would be easier as I've already said on here as he would have had a history of successful large physical cash transactions rather than something totally out of the blue done for the first time, so the banking process would be different as far as what the branch manager would have to do. If it leaked out that SS was regularly dealing in physical cash that he'd have others drive around with wads of cash unguarded and unprotected, that would make him a very tempting target.

Since Greece is having such financial problems, maybe a family member? Could be something nefarious, but given how active they were in the US Greek community, and given that his grandfather started the business after leaving Greece, and given that his father is still alive and they have been said to value family and the Greek community, I would be inclined to believe it was the former.

My mom is from Greece (been here since she was 8) and she is the only one of the 7 children in her family to not marry another Greek. The Greeks stick together. They use Greek doctors. Greek lawyers. Greek accountants. Shop at stores owned by Greeks. Eat at Greek restaurants. Etc. Despite them being in the country since 1952 and educated in the US she is the only one without an accent. My sister and I are the only ones out of 30+ cousins who do not speak Greek.

So I would guess he is either helping an extended family member or the family member of another member of the close-knit Greek community.

Go-karting leads to F1 racing? Seriously? If he lied to one of the federal agents, he did break the law. Working for a go-kart business is no more high end than working for a bowling alley. It isn't exactly a career path I would want my son to take.

JMO

Karting was a great career path for these guys and Danica. From Wikipedia...

"Kart racing is usually used as a low-cost and relatively safe way to introduce drivers to motor racing. Many Formula One drivers grew up racing karts, most prominent among them, World Champions Ayrton Senna, Michael Schumacher, Alain Prost, Fernando Alonso, Kimi Räikkönen, Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel. Many NASCAR drivers also got their start in racing from karts, such as Darrell Waltrip, Danica Patrick, Lake Speed, Ricky Rudd, Juan Pablo Montoya, Tony Stewart, and Jeff Gordon.

In August 2009, in anticipation to a possible return to F1 with Ferrari, Formula One world champion Michael Schumacher did some preparation driving a kart in Lonato, Italy.[20] Schumacher also raced at the SKUSA SuperNationals, an event taking place each year in Las Vegas, along with F1 drivers Sébastien Buemi and Nelson Piquet, Jr..[21] Felipe Massa also used karting in September 2009 to test his condition in Brazil, two months after his Hungarian Grand Prix accident during qualifying.[22]"

I don't think this was supposed to be a high end, exclusive club, he's VP of

http://www.greatfallsbudokan.com/about.html

and that doesn't look like it. Maybe he thought he'd get lots of custom by the charitable association for unemployed workers that's nextdoor to it?

http://www.myfoxdc.com/clip/11517273/housekeeper-40000-in-cash-delivered-to-dc-home-where-4-murdered

I've been thinking the martial arts center was for the employees of his company, though I haven't read this to be true - just my own thoughts.

SS set up a welding program to provide job skills for people, and I'm thinking he saw the value that learning a martial art - along with the discipline and self-control that go along with martial arts - could have in people's lives. I think this was a service he was providing, to be a benefit to others.

The opening wasn't a publicly advertised event, so I'm thinking he wasn't opening the martial arts center to get customers from the public but to provide the classes for his employees/trainees/associates. It was to be a private club not in the sense it was fancy but in the sense it was for a specific group of people.

This is all speculation on my part. JMO.

About the go f*nd me page. I heard it was asking for money for both a service here and one in El Salvador as well as a private plane to transport her home. Why does it need to be so elaborate?

She feels guilty?

He was appointed two attorneys at his Preliminary Hearing.

Attorney Appointed PDS
Attorney AGO, ARTHUR representing Defendant (Criminal) WINT, DARON D as of 05/22/2015
DARON D WINT (Defendant (Criminal)); ; ARTHUR AGO (Attorney) on behalf of DARON D WINT (Defendant (Criminal)); Judge ERROL ARTHUR on behalf of Judge RHONDA REID WINSTON
Attorney Appointed PDS

Attorney LAWSON, NATALIE representing Defendant (Criminal) WINT, DARON D as of 05/22/2015
DARON D WINT (Defendant (Criminal)); ; NATALIE LAWSON (Attorney) on behalf of DARON D WINT (Defendant (Criminal)); Judge ERROL ARTHUR on behalf of Judge RHONDA REID WINSTON

Which may be temporary cause it's early yet.

But he can refuse public defenders and go with the Ficker. If he so desires. Ficker likely agreed to do it for free.

But he can refuse public defenders and go with the Ficker. If he so desires. Ficker likely agreed to do it for free.

Agreed and Ficker is getting air time advertising what a good defense attorney he is. On tv he's just a talking head drumming up business. IMO

I've been thinking the martial arts center was for the employees of his company, though I haven't read this to be true - just my own thoughts.

SS set up a welding program to provide job skills for people, and I'm thinking he saw the value that learning a martial art - along with the discipline and self-control that go along with martial arts - could have in people's lives. I think this was a service he was providing, to be a benefit to others.

The opening wasn't a publicly advertised event, so I'm thinking he wasn't opening the martial arts center to get customers from the public but to provide the classes for his employees/trainees/associates. It was to be a private club not in the sense it was fancy but in the sense it was for a specific group of people.

This is all speculation on my part. JMO.

And maybe all previous/current employees/trainees who had been/or were going through the welding programme received some kind of standard letter informing them of this and is how DW connects back with him, either by receiving one or hearing about it from someone who did, after all those years?

I'm really wondering if W-1 was "planted" at the Speedway in order to get "close" to SS & someone else was "planted" at AIW (i.e. clerk, secretary) to get close to the accounting.

I'm still trying to catch up but everyone keeps saying that W1's father lived close to the burning car? Where was that information reported? Link?

A few of my thoughts....

The pizza: I think AS may have read the same story that's been posted a few times in here regarding the woman who placed the pizza order and got help. I think she may have said "look my child is hungry, he hasn't eaten since 1pm or sometime in the early afternoon (maybe, if they came in around 6, if PS is anything like my 9 year old, they get cranky cranky when hungry. Him having a concussion may mean that he hadn't eaten much that day) and if you don't feed him, he will get loud and make this situation very hard for us all. Please let me feed my child, he likes pepperoni pizza, just let me order a pizza so no one will have to move to do anything" I think she tried giving hints. The Dominoes place said that she gave "unusual directions" which made me think that they may have ordered from there before. She wanted someone to pick up on the hint.

The Assistant: I don't know why he lied but I feel uncomfortable about it. I don't really have anything else to say about him but I don't get why he lied. I understand being stressed but to lie repeatedly? It's weird. I agree with someone else here, if you dropped off 40K to your boss in these unusual circumstances, why wouldn't you call back to see if it was received? Like "hey is everything ok? I dropped the money off in the garage"

UNLESS, this was a normal occurrence.
PS screaming in the voicemail was upsetting but IMO it didn't sound like a child being tortured. Hope that doesn't offend because we know that he was but it sounded like a child screaming having a tantrum. It kinda sounded like "get away! go away!" or something like that which is why SS could remain calm during the call. Sorry but there's no way that you can sound as calm as SS sounded on the phone if someone was stabbing your kid. No way. I don't think they had started the torture of that baby then. Those did that later and in the morning when the money calls started rolling.

This is all my opinion. I haven't really commented, just followed because some users are VERY testy but these are my thoughts.

I'm really wondering if W-1 was "planted" at the Speedway in order to get "close" to SS & someone else was "planted" at AIW (i.e. clerk, secretary) to get close to the accounting.

That seems like a lot of effort for $40K.

But all that for 20K? She works for this family for 20 years and she has them killed for 20K? :no: I don't think so. I just don't see her being involved.

I agree. I think it could be that DW found himself in debt. Maybe he owed $5-10K to a drug dealer or from gambling?
He's being pressured for the money and getting desperate. He then remembers the very rich SS. He's loaded and DW is still pissed about being fired several years ago and plans a home invasion to get some quick cash...
JMO, IMO, MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member