DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because as we have seen from this case, the assistant may need to be available on a dime.

I haven't seen anything from the case to suggest assistant needed to be available on a dime.

Bank transactions doesn't mean a sophisticated criminal. Criminals in the Petit case took mother to the bank to withdraw money. They certainly weren't sophisticated criminals. Once they got the money, they killed the mother and her daughters and burned the house down.
Thus, obtaining money through a bank transaction might be something obvious to a criminal. Only in this case, the father arranged for money to be delivered to the home, instead of going to the bank.

Actually the Petit case points to differences between that one and this one. The Petit case was about doing the usual robbery of items and it was only after they weren't satisfied with their haul that they then decided to go after the line of credit. Also unlike the Petit case it involved one of the Petits actually going into the bank rather than having half a dozen others working on it without requiring anyone in the Petit home to leave. In the Petit case they didn't kill the family once they got the money, but rather after there was a police perimeter around the home where they were surrounded by LE and one of the Petits had escaped, which no escapes or police perimeters occurred here.

If you're looking to get quick cash by robbing a millionaire due to some spur of the moment reasons, you'd steal their valuables and fence the items instead of having the millionaire put together an unusual transaction involving half a dozen people including non-employees of the millionaire (unless that transaction was in the works and you had inside information to know the millionaire was going to be getting the cash rather than transaction being done at your direction). Just knowing someone is rich is different thank knowing they can have wads of cash brought to them without having to leave their house to go into the bank to sign papers.

Who has said SS ever previously had wads of cash delivered to his home? I've seen nothing to indicate this was a usual occurrence that any insider would know about. SS arrives home to his wife, son and employee being threatened. The intruder wants cash and SS arranges to get as much as he can in one morning but the maniac kills everyone anyway. I do think he could have taken any jewelry, valuable coins and emergency cash the family may have had in a home safe.

Now if it was a conspiracy...then the cars, art, jewelry, might be in play but seems unlikely since cash is what was withdrawn and delivered and then the intruder set fire to the building which contained all the valuables..

Actually the Petit case points to differences between that one and this one. The Petit case was about doing the usual robbery of items and it was only after they weren't satisfied with their haul that they then decided to go after the line of credit. Also unlike the Petit case it involved one of the Petits actually going into the bank rather than having half a dozen others working on it without requiring anyone in the Petit home to leave. In the Petit case they didn't kill the family once they got the money, but rather after there was a police perimeter around the home where they were surrounded by LE and one of the Petits had escaped, which no escapes or police perimeters occurred here.

There is the suspicion that the perp took the car on Wednesday and perhaps went to the bank. A possible scenario is that he took Amy's ATM card and forced the PIN from her, only to find out there is a limit on the amount of cash you can get from an ATM transaction. Then he went back to the house and demanded that SS be called home so that he could get more cash.

There are big holes in this scenario, I know, but perhaps something like that happened. IDK. JMO.

Just jumping in...

This is a thought that really turns my stomach...

Do you think that the investigators would need to have the girls go into the house to see what else might be missing? Would they do that to those poor kids???

I think it would be very obvious if things were missing as there would be time to remove computers, big screen TVs, empty jewelry boxes, etc where you'd be making a big mess as there's no reason to hide what's being stolen, especially if you think a fire is going to wipe the scene clean. AS's jewelry for instance may have been dumped into the bucket seen, which it wouldn't surprise if she had some very valuable jewelry and that would be visually obvious. I still don't know why have the convoy unless they're getting more larger items that had been put in a self-storage facility, but I could see how cash and jewelry could be the sole targets as they'd have the highest concentration of value relative to the size they would take up. It would really shock me if AS's jewelry was not stolen and that Wint et al kept their mitts off the jewelry despite being in the house for hours and hours and I would really think Wint was under the command of someone else who exercised enough authority over Wint that he wouldn't touch it.

Who has said SS ever previously had wads of cash delivered to his home? I've seen nothing to indicate this was a usual occurrence that any insider would know about. SS arrives home to his wife, son and employee being threatened. The intruder wants cash and SS arranges to get as much as he can in one morning but the maniac kills everyone anyway.

Now if it was a conspiracy...then the cars, art, jewelry, might be in play but seems unlikely since cash is what was withdrawn and delivered and then the intruder set fire to the building which contained all the valuables..

Nobody said it. It's just a theory some around here seem to believe. But no evidence came up to suggest money delivery was a regular occurrence.

Nikki, here is the sequence of events that led to a discovery that the first key player's father lived/possibly still lives one block from the address given for the suspect, DW, on 85th Ave.

The first key player's name (W-1) was discovered by members of this forum. (After a MSM article that showed those braggart Instagram photo's of SS's cars.) I suspect someone knew how to find the origin of those pics and that's how they found his name.
That name and bits of his personal bio began to be discovered.
Then his deleted but cached twitter, Instagram, Facebook pages were scoured over.
Once seeing dates and places in his own Bio, a member went to see if there were any crimes/court records, in MD, for this first key player, (W-1)
Lo & Behold, Maryland gives full addresses, DOB, Ht & Wt and Ethnicity
From there it was game on.
From name & DOB it was discovered place of birth and actual full DOB.
Another member found the full names of his mother and father which thankfully had some unique attributes.
From there it was fairly easy to see all of the father's previous addresses and there it was...
his address in the 5300 Block of 85th Ave in a sprawling apartment complex that's far side sits right behind the church where the Porsche was torched.
Later the member who found the ticket for W-1 in Maryland, was informed that the charging documents for DW listed his address on the 5400 Block of the same road. When the two addresses were put into Google maps, they were almost exactly one block apart.

It was a whole lot of teamwork to discover that tidbit!

Thank you!! This is what I needed... I think he is involved. JMO.

I don't believe W1 and DW are friends. I think he knows him from his fathers neighborhood. He probably visits his father and is probably "cool" with people in the neighborhood. He may have even drove SS's car around there to show off. He seems like the showoff type. Men like fast cars... I could see the neighborhood guys crowding around the car and W1 loving it.

In Petit case, the reason for police perimeter was due to the fact that mother notified a teller while she was in the bank withdrawing money. Which pretty much makes it obvious that it's dangerous to take a person to a bank and have them withdraw a large sum of money. Whereas here, money were delivered to the home and nobody apparently became suspicious enough to notify police. Thus, no police surrounded the house. So, from a criminal's standpoint, delivering money to the house is a safer alternative.

I don't believe W1 and DW are friends. I think he knows him from his fathers neighborhood. He probably visits his father and is probably "cool" with people in the neighborhood. He may have even drove SS's car around there to show off. He seems like the showoff type. Men like fast cars... I could see the neighborhood guys crowding around the car and W1 loving it.
And if DW was stalking the S family, he may have even recognized the unique vehicles. I've even wondered if it was easier to stay in the New Carrollton/Lanham area than to commute back & forth from Annapolis to PG County/NE DC (AIW plant) or
the home in Upper NW DC.

One problem for me is that the reporting plus the information from "Nellie" has been so contradictory, I cannot keep track of what is true or false.

In one article, I read that DW had "receiving stolen property" on his record. If so, he may be well connected in the area with a way to disperse valuables. I imagine Amy S. hadsome valuable jewelry...the best of which would probably be kept at the Bank. But her "seconds" could be quite impressive and kept in the house.

Has the "receiving stolen property" info been debunked?

Has WAPO's report that someone was driving the car "the day before the murders" totally erroneous?
At this point, I'm trusting only the charging document. It's a mess...

It's just so hard to think of DW spending all those hours "in the candy store" and only leaving with cash.

And if DW was stalking the S family, he may have even recognized the unique vehicles. I've even wondered if it was easier to stay in the New Carrollton/Lanham area than to commute back & forth from Annapolis to PG County/NE DC (AIW plant) or
the home in Upper NW DC.

I guess it all depends on what he was actually doing for SS and what office he primarily worked out of, if any. I am not sure what a Personal Assistant does but I always thought it was planning meetings, calendars, taking notes, and some really personal things like dry cleaners runs and the daily Starbucks run. If W1 worked out of the Hyattsville office, it's straight down 50. Not hard to get to at all from Annapolis. Now if he worked out of Chantilly, then yes that is far! Hmm

Who has said SS ever previously had wads of cash delivered to his home? I've seen nothing to indicate this was a usual occurrence that any insider would know about. SS arrives home to his wife, son and employee being threatened. The intruder wants cash and SS arranges to get as much as he can in one morning but the maniac kills everyone anyway. I do think he could have taken any jewelry, valuable coins and emergency cash the family may have had in a home safe.

I never said that. What I had said is that if someone is looking for quick cash, they steal items and fence them. It's highly unusual to go into a home invasion from the get-go with the intent of getting large amounts of cash directly (unless there was some insider knowledge), like with the Petit case those home invasion murders went there to rob and only after the robbery started and they saw a bankbook listing the size of an account did they then change their plans to have it involve taking cash out of the bank. I'm saying if the intent was getting cash from the get-go, it would be because one or more of those involved knew that a large amount of cash could/would be delivered there. In the Petit case they didn't expect a home delivery, but had one of the Petits go to the bank. Doing a home invasion with the planned intent of getting large sums of cash and expecting a home delivery of that cash is a very unusual home invasion without some insider knowledge that you could get large wads of cash home delivered without having to go to the bank.

I guess it all depends on what he was actually doing for SS and what office he primarily worked out of, if any. I am not sure what a Personal Assistant does but I always thought it was planning meetings, calendars, taking notes, and some really personal things like dry cleaners runs and the daily Starbucks run. If W1 worked out of the Hyattsville office, it's straight down 50. Not hard to get to at all from Annapolis. Now if he worked out of Chantilly, then yes that is far! Hmm
Yes, it's all very curious! I've always felt that W-1 was more of a driver/errand boy. After watching his videos I don't see him in the corporate meetings...although he does seem to be able to switch back and forth between the good ol' boy and frat bro personas. Kind of like a chameleon. (Just my observation.)

There is the suspicion that the perp took the car on Wednesday and perhaps went to the bank. A possible scenario is that he took Amy's ATM card and forced the PIN from her, only to find out there is a limit on the amount of cash you can get from an ATM transaction. Then he went back to the house and demanded that SS be called home so that he could get more cash.

There are big holes in this scenario, I know, but perhaps something like that happened. IDK. JMO.

IMO ATM limits are common knowledge. I don't think the lowest grade school drop-out criminal would think they could pull $40K out of an ATM.

What kind of car is on DW's Facebook page? He's another guy really interested in cars.

There is nothing to suggest some planned cash delivery. Police affidavit doesn't say anything about any planned cash delivery.
Assistant was notified on Wednesday on what he was supposed to do on Thursday morning.
If anything was planned, SS wouldn't even need to call anybody. The money would just show up as planned.

My understanding the assistant was more of a driver. He was driving SS to and from work, that sort of thing.

Yes, I for instance could see how W1 could have bragged about SS and what he knows about SS with that finding it's way to DW via the neighborhood grapevine where W1 would have been an insider for DW without knowing or intending to be one. W1 may have picked up wads of cash previously for SS and bragged about it, with that bragging finding its way to DW where DW would know a home invasion of the S's could get lots of money brought over via courier without requiring any of the Ss to go to the bank and sign for it.

I never said that. What I had said is that if someone is looking for quick cash, they steal items and fence them. It's highly unusual to go into a home invasion from the get-go with the intent of getting large amounts of cash directly (unless there was some insider knowledge), like with the Petit case those home invasion murders went there to rob and only after the robbery started and they saw a bankbook listing the size of an account did they then change their plans to have it involve taking cash out of the bank. I'm saying if the intent was getting cash from the get-go, it would be because one or more of those involved knew that a large amount of cash could/would be delivered there. In the Petit case they didn't expect a home delivery, but had one of the Petits go to the bank. Doing a home invasion with the planned intent of getting large sums of cash and expecting a home delivery of that cash is a very unusual home invasion without some insider knowledge that you could get large wads of cash home delivered without having to go to the bank.

I do think DW probably took any valuables from the family safe such as jewelry, coins and cash. But as of now there has been no suggestion that having cash delivered to the home was a regular event that an insider could have knowledge of.
Perhaps DW originally planned to take SS to the bank but SS tells him he can call the office and have someone bring over a wad of cash. Perhaps the employees or bankers would get a clue and call police. Thus the flurry of calls to make those arrangements.

But DW knew the family was wealthy and if he takes the wife hostage that he can force the husband to get him some money quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1