DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the person on video seen running with the bucket had gloves on?

I'd also suspect hair samples and maybe fingerprints on the duct tape. I doubt he/they went 18 hrs without drinking water of something. Cops are going to tie this together.

The circumstances of DW's capture are unusual, that's for sure. If LE can charge the crew that was with him with accessory-after-the-fact, I'm sure they eventually will. But their main priority has to be the brutal crime itself, and charging anyone else who planned or participated in that horror.

I agree. I think he is a vicious psychopath and might have been tweaking. He had not planned it out very well. Just get inside and hold them hostage until they give me lots of money. I think that was the extent of his master plan. Add to tjhat his deep seated anger at his bosses, who unfairly fired him, and his jealousy towards the poor sweet boy, and you have pure EVIL, imo.

Originally I believed he had help. But now I am not so sure.

I think he may have had help, but not necessarily help who was knowledgeable or willing. I think the cash withdrawal was pre-planned and somehow DW found out the general outlines of it and also studied how the S family operated in the days leading up to the kidnapping. If through the grapevine DW heard that S's driver was talking about how he was going to be transporting loads of cash on a certain week, that would tell DW two big insider things (that he's getting cash and he's got a driver who can deliver it without SS having to go out personally to get it) without any of the insiders being knowing participants in the kidnapping. I do have a problems though with the driver lying and the driver being called hours after the cash pick-up, so I could see the driver as being anything from co-conspirator, to thieving opportunist to blabbermouth.

There is nothing in the affidavit suggesting cash withdrawal was pre-planned. Assistant was told about it on Wednesday via text message.

He'd say he did his job and he'd have NG to back him up on how insecure the house was combined with others seeing people like gardeners at house, so he could say it was probably one of the gardeners or some random person who stole it. I just think he did something that wasn't quite kosher whether direct involvement or just took an opportunity because he lied about multiple things with the money and also because SS kept calling him hours after he picked up the money. If the driver did what he was supposed to do and he wasn't in on it, there's no reason for SS to be calling him at noon, which I just can't get passed the driver getting the money at 9 AM and the driver being the last person SS called at noon as that just tells me there's something wrong somewhere. If for instance the money was dropped off at 10 AM there was no reason for the S family to be alive after that and there wouldn't be a need to call the driver unless SS had arranged another batch of money to be picked up, which we haven't heard about a money drop that was in the works with the driver just needing to deliver it.

He really is delusional if he thinks a "the gardener did it" theory would convince police. I think the driver and NG were the masterminds of the crime, not Wint. He was promised $40,000 and got perhaps half that. There is no reasonable, rational or in any way believable explanation for why W-I texted NG a photo of the money. There is a reasonable explanation for SS' multiple calls to the driver: Wint wanted to know where the rest of the money was. When he didn't get any answer to the calls, Wint went on a fiery rampage.

JMO

Didn't he go to NY to see his g/f before he realized police were after him?

Yes and upon seeing his girlfriend and catching up on the news he found out he was wanted, which would be a very good reason not to return within miles of the crime as opposed to fleeing elsewhere in the country.

Yes and upon seeing his girlfriend and catching up on the news he found out he was wanted, which would be a very good reason not to return within miles of the crime as opposed to fleeing elsewhere in the country.

Unless he really wanted to get something (big) first.

Maybe he wanted to get his stuff.

Yes, I think he was out to get highly valuable stolen stuff as I doubt no matter how delusional he was that he would be so oblivious to think he could go back to his apartment and pack it up without the police being there nor any neighbors seeing him after the national APB was put out on him while he used the mobile vehicle service truck as a moving van.

The documents show a flurry of phone calls among Savvas Savopoulos, a bank, an accountant, the personal assistant, a construction company executive and Savopoulos’s American Iron Works company in the hours before the fire. The calls started shortly after 7 a.m. May 14 and ended just before noon. The fire was reported at 1:15 p.m.

Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire.

Reading the above quote again really got me thinking. Can anyone speculate why this call at 11:54 was made?

My opinion is that only Mr SS or the Perp would be using that cell. All the calls that day from Mr SS were regarding the ransom or hostage situation. I doubt Mr SS made any calls unrelated to the situation he was in. (not enough is known regarding his conversations with his sister)

The only way I see Mr SS making that call would be with the instructions from perp to do so. What possible reason would the perp have to want communication with the assistant again? This call at 11:54 was towards the end of the ordeal. The last incoming or outgoing call.

I'm really puzzled over this.

Yes, I think he was out to get highly valuable stolen stuff as I doubt no matter how delusional he was that he would be so oblivious to think he could go back to his apartment and pack it up without the police being there nor any neighbors seeing him after the national APB was put out on him while he used the mobile vehicle service truck as a moving van.
Maybe he has storage locker somewhere.

I don't think we're dealing with a a rational killer here. I can't even begin to get into his thick maroon of a head. I think he had a simple plan to gain money and splash his bling to his associates and they fell for it. He killed to leave no witnesses and thought burning would destroy the evidence. Wrongo-bongo

He really is delusional if he thinks a "the gardener did it" theory would convince police. I think the driver and NG were the masterminds of the crime, not Wint. He was promised $40,000 and got perhaps half that. There is no reasonable, rational or in any way believable explanation for why W-I texted NG a photo of the money. There is a reasonable explanation for SS' multiple calls to the driver: Wint wanted to know where the rest of the money was. When he didn't get any answer to the calls, Wint went on a fiery rampage.

JMO

What did NG get out of it?

Reading the above quote again really got me thinking. Can anyone speculate why this call at 11:54 was made?

My opinion is that only Mr SS or the Perp would be using that cell. All the calls that day from Mr SS were regarding the ransom or hostage situation. I doubt Mr SS made any calls unrelated to the situation he was in. (not enough is known regarding his conversations with his sister)

The only way I see Mr SS making that call would be with the instructions from perp to do so. What possible reason would the perp have to want communication with the assistant again? This call at 11:54 was towards the end of the ordeal. The last incoming or outgoing call.

I'm really puzzled over this.

I am wondering if the crazy psycho suddenly wanted MORE money. He may have screamed at SS, 'CALL HIM BACK, have him bring more!'

I think he kept SS hopeful throughout by promising that he would leave when he got the money, and no one would die. But once the $ was dropped, of course, DW was not leaving. Maybe he said, Sorry Dude, I have to do this....and SS was BEGGING and saying WAIT< I WILL CALL AND GET MORE___WAIT~~~~~~~ so sad

There is nothing in the affidavit suggesting cash withdrawal was pre-planned. Assistant was told about it on Wednesday via text message.

There's no accusation against Wint that he forced $40,000 to be withdrawn and we only know the driver knew about it on Wednesday is because it was something that was put down in writing as the driver lied about when they were told, which nothing precludes SS having verbally told the driver this was in the works beforehand. Actually the text message points to it being pre-arranged with the Thursday appointment having being confirmed on Wednesday with the plans made between the bank manager, the AIW employee and the driver to meet when the bank opened the next day. If SS was kidnapped Wednesday at around 6 PM, he couldn't have done all this that night to have the appointment arranged that night for right when the bank opens up the next morning.

I am wondering if the crazy psycho suddenly wanted MORE money. He may have screamed at SS, 'CALL HIM BACK, have him bring more!'

I think he kept SS hopeful throughout by promising that he would leave when he got the money, and no one would die. But once the $ was dropped, of course, DW was not leaving. Maybe he said, Sorry Dude, I have to do this....and SS was BEGGING and saying WAIT< I WILL CALL AND GET MORE___WAIT~~~~~~~ so sad

This is what I've been thinking. To me, it looks like Wint gave SS until noon to get more money.

I think Wint thought that rich people could get their hands on huge amounts of cash just because they are rich. He didn't realize it's not that easy.

See my post #519 above. I think they were all coming clean at once, with the money. They decided this was the best way.

I think you might be right.
I think he was "shocked" when he saw the bolo on the news for him and left NY to head back to his brothers for help and round everyone up.
It was the best way and I think you could add the ole saying "things may not be what they appear" to this case as well.

Are things ever as they appear anymore, geez.

So much of his behavior was so shortsighted and foolish, on top of the pure coldhearted evilness.

He is in a gourmet kitchen, and he has to order Dominoes? And he wears gloves, but then eats some and leaves his crust with some saliva behind? I guess he assumed the 'fire' would destroy all of it. Another foolish assumption.

He knows enough to get 'rid' of his cell phone. But rather than destroy it, he gives to his girl. The one person who would know where to track him? Another moronic move.

Then he drives BACK to the scene of the crime, and hangs out with his brother, the very first person LE is going to be tracking. No one will confuse him with Einstein. :no:

Go-karting leads to F1 racing? Seriously? If he lied to one of the federal agents, he did break the law. Working for a go-kart business is no more high end than working for a bowling alley. It isn't exactly a career path I would want my son to take.

JMO

I think this was pretty fancy go cart stuff. I was reading about the recent Grand Prix in Monaco and the Formula 1 World Champion, Lewis Hamilton.
He got his start with go kart racing.

I don't know a thing about racing.
But according to this article most of the current F1 drivers started their careers in gokarts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...of-Formula-Ones-best-drivers-FORMULA-ONE.html

I'm not sure he has any accomplices. The crime screams to me of one vengeful and deranged man acting alone. Also I think he was motivated by murder (wrath) at least as much as for money (greed). I think we'll find out that the weapon was a machete, much used in Guyana for killing, and symbolic for Wint as striking a blow for justice.

It's possible that forensics or a confession will show an accomplice, but I'd be surprised. This was a very personal crime, a crime of passion, IMO.

I truly want to believe he acted alone. At the very least, acted alone with the torture and murder. Alone in that house. His actions make me ill, to even think more than one person is capable of this type of crime is too much.

I think this crime could have been carried out by one person, however more than one could have been involved. Something inside me says he had information, knowledge and chose this particular home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy