DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize you meant Amerit. My point is that Home Depot rents fleet trucks that could be serviced by Amerit. Wint works at Home Depot. That may be the connection between the two of them. It could also be a connection between Amerit and AIW, which I assumes also has a fleet of trucks.

JMO

Ahhhhh gotchya. I didn't know he worked at HD.

Then in that case I would guess it's someone else in the group who works for Amerit. Maybe his cousin or brother.

Thanks for clearing that up!! :)

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

So I may have missed this and I apologize if I did. The articles from the evening of the arrest said the fleet truck acting in concert with DW's car had North Carolina tags on it. Do we know what the connection to NC is? Or is that just where the company owning the fleet truck is located?

Is that legal? LOL!!

And has been mentioned...there are many places that VIN's are located throughout the car.

No, it is not but it occurred in the early 70's so I think the Statute of Limitations has long since run out.

Plus, 2 of the 3 participants in this crime passed away many years ago and I didn't see nothin'!

LOL

No, it is not but it occurred in the early 70's so I think the Statute of Limitations has long since run out.

Plus, 2 of the 3 participants in this crime passed away many years ago and I didn't see nothin'!

LOL

Nope...

And your secret is safe with me!

In case I missed someone else responding, the dojo is next to the American Institute of Welding, a school started by AIW people including SS.

Starting at 4:20 this video seems to refer to that. http://www.myfoxdc.com/clip/11517273/housekeeper-40000-in-cash-delivered-to-dc-home-where-4-murdered

The reporter is standing in front of the property, which she says is owned by SS. She seems to say that it was previously owned by American Iron Works and that the property was divided. She refers to (and you can see) the portion of the property with some iron works and the other portion with the martial arts studio.

I am so confused about this whole line of theory!!

They took ONE of the cars...and burned it to the ground! They left other also valuable cars behind, after setting fire to the house - so there was never any chance they were going back for more.

I think some of y'all have gone down a rabbit hole, way too far!!! LOL!!!

I was not involved in the car discussion, but it seems to be going for motive of the perp(s), and trying to explain some of the odd facts in this case. Many of the known facts in this case do not make sense. And future facts may not make sense either.

If some of us are going down the rabbit hole that is excellent, that is probably the only place the truth is located since that is where Wint lives most of the time. In his own reality, not easily understood by normal people.

So I may have missed this and I apologize if I did. The articles from the evening of the arrest said the fleet truck acting in concert with DW's car had North Carolina tags on it. Do we know what the connection to NC is? Or is that just where the company owning the fleet truck is located?

Oh I know! The director of Amerit is located in Winston Salem, NC- Peter Souza. So maybe that's where the regional office is :)

Link: https://touch.www.linkedin.com/?ses...//www.linkedin.com/pub/peter-souza/21/b1b/a49

I got his name from the Amerit Twitter account then looked up ink LI account

Here's what we seem to know(corrections appreciated.)

He was happy at his former job but subsequently fired.

He is involved in a very expensive sport and planned to attend two pricey events this summer.

Neither SS or his company is listed as a sponsor.

Being Director of Marketing, appearing in ad photos in previous job...becomes driving a rich guy to work and back.

He knows welding.

He likes SS's cars.

DW is apprehended with a truck that is a mobile auto/truck repair service.

He's lied to police about certain key facts.

He dropped off the money but never checked that the boss got it..thereby covering his own derrière.

The last call was from SS phone to him.

All of this could mean NOTHING. And that is a likely possibility. But I ask again, how often in the charging document for a different person, does LE refers to lies by someone completely different? Is that common? I honestly don't know.

This may be totally incorrect, but did I read upthread that his father and DW's father live in the same neighborhood? I apologize in advance if I misunderstood this piece of information.

FYI if you look up Amerit on Twitter, you can see that the account follows racing brands and industrial shipping brands alike.

From a business standpoint- I always tell clients to follow brands you want to target for business. So Amerit could very well be used o service at races

Did you guys see where he stated he was watching the son of his boss? So, he was kinda working and having fun. Also that the son was racing?

I saw that. And I don't want to believe he would be involved in the gruesome, torture and murder of this kid. He knew him and they bonded over racing. Could he really send DW into that home ? :eek: I really don't want to believe it.

Based on social media photos and MSM videos the only car missing is the Bentley. If LE finds the Bentley, will they find the killer's accomplice?

In case I missed someone else responding, the dojo is next to the American Institute of Welding, a school started by AIW people including SS.

Has anything been posted referring to DW having gotten his welding training there? It wouldn't surprise me.

"Savvas and Amy Savopoulos actively participated in establishing American Institute of Welding, an organization offering a fresh start to people who have lost their jobs. The Greek-American philanthropist was always trying to help others and his charity work was mostly concentrated in Greece and the United States."

http://usa.greekreporter.com/2015/05/25/savvas-savopoulos-from-greece-to-d-c/

(Let me know if that link is against TOS. It has some other interesting details about the family history, etc)

Based on social media photos and MSM videos the only car missing is the Bentley. If LE finds the Bentley, will they find the killer's accomplice?

It has been confirmed that the Bentley is missing? Or just that it hasn't been pictured?

FYI if you look up Amerit on Twitter, you can see that the account follows racing brands and industrial shipping brands alike.

From a business standpoint- I always tell clients to follow brands you want to target for business. So Amerit could very well be used o service at races

For all we know, DW and W-1 could have gone to welding school together or had relatives who did. The links are there, we just don't know what they are but much of this is too much to be coincidence.

JMO

I agree that it very weird especially given that at the point he came back his picture and name were everywhere. On top of that, his GF had indicated to police that he was on his way back to the district (supposedly to turn himself him which I don't think anyone believes). He had to know that every LE in the area was on high alert.

According to CNN, Wint's father says Wint's brother was assisting him to turn himself in.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/05/25/lead-dnt-brown-dc-mansion-murder.cnn

Right...because I think something that some have forgotten...they had almost a week to get whatever they might have stashed!! I don't think for one second they would have left anything stashed somewhere for 5 days only to go back for it once he was identified. LOL!!

I want to understand this. Like all y'all!! It is already such a mystery...and a pretty unique crime, in the actions taken before, during and after. Hopefully we will get more information next week...

I'm wondering if he went to NYC to change some of the cash into money orders there, to sort of spread out any possible chances of suspicion being raised? Or maybe he had a way off changing the bills into smaller denominations or other commodity there. Maybe he paid off a debt? Why he went back MD/DC area I have no idea. Seems like a strange move, and a costly one, considering that $1K cab fare.

Maybe he left part of his stash at home before leaving for Brooklyn, to break up the amount he was carrying and then went to get it back? IDK!

I really don't think he's that bright so we might not be thinking along the same lines as he was. Maybe he always dreamed of staying in that Howard Johnson.

JMO, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member