DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. If this was about cars then what's the purpose of waiting overnight for cash? And then set fire to the home with the cars in the attached garage

And the brutal treatment of a little boy. Were all of them mistreated throughout the night? I think when we get the details they will be horrific. MOO.

Here is another article mention of NG knowing about the $40k drop off. It states she said the driver/assistant told her he delivered the money. But it also says she talked about a drop off being scheduled, which strongly implies that she was saying she had knowledge of the drop off before it happened. Which would make sense if SS mentioned it to her the night before while working at the studio together. Or if she's in on it. Or if SS asked JW to alert her of the delivery (thinking that might not sound suspicious to the abuser but also might give her a clue that something was wrong since they had already given her other clues). Sad. I wish she had put two and two together. :(

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/20/40000-cash-reportedly-delivered-to-washington-mansion-on-day-family-was/

snippet: "Gutierrez, the family's housekeeper of 20 years, said an assistant was scheduled to drop off $40,000 in cash to the home Thursday to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Va. Gutierrez claims she spoke with the unnamed assistant who confirmed the money was delivered Thursday morning to the $5 million mansion on Woodland Drive near the National Cathedral."

True. And IF the text said something like:

"We R in da $$$$ Bae"

then he would have been arrested already, imo. JMO

Good point if there was a text, but maybe the picture was the message.

I do wonder if the gf came forward and why.

Here is another article mention of NG knowing about the $40k drop off. It states she said the driver/assistant told her he delivered the money. But it also says she talked about a drop off being scheduled, which strongly implies that she was saying she had knowledge of the drop off before it happened. Which would make sense if SS mentioned it to her the night before while working at the studio together. Or if she's in on it. Or if SS asked JW to alert her of the delivery (thinking that might not sound suspicious to the abuser but also might give her a clue that something was wrong since they had already given her other clues). Sad. I wish she had put two and two together. :(

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/20/40000-cash-reportedly-delivered-to-washington-mansion-on-day-family-was/

snippet: "Gutierrez, the family's housekeeper of 20 years, said an assistant was scheduled to drop off $40,000 in cash to the home Thursday to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Va. Gutierrez claims she spoke with the unnamed assistant who confirmed the money was delivered Thursday morning to the $5 million mansion on Woodland Drive near the National Cathedral."

Thank you for finding that
I fully expect that her knowledge came after the fact

I really don't think she was in the "loop"

JMHO

I think LE has turned its "media dogs" on W-1. His name suddenly being released.....hmmmm?

I don't see W-2's name being leaked to the media.

The "lies" being included in the charging document.?????

It does not matter what WE think. In my humble opinion, LE...who knows much more than we...thinks there is something that...at the least...needs further investigation.

I think they are leaning on him.

Every innocent excuse we've thought of...I assume they have considered as well. They have listened and looked at him while he gave his explanations. I think they are checking him out from stem to stern.

Just because his cell phone was at Lowes doesn't mean HE was at Lowes. Just speculating here. That long legged perp running from the car...maybe it IS DW. Maybe not.

In time he maybe completely cleared. And for the sake of SS's surviving daughters, I hope he is. How to go forward and trust and help people...if W-1 turns out to have been complicit in the murders of their beloved parents and little brother?

I agree, if he is showing off to his g/f or if he is showing proof of the transaction, why show half the amount? There must be another explanation.

IMO all the money was in the bag. He opened the bag and took a pic which showed the two stacks on top

If LE (who spoke with him the same day) suspected. He kept some of the ransom then W1 would be in jail

I obviously have no idea so can't really form an opinion, but either she said it as a fib because she wanted to sound she was in the loop. (Why would you ever want to be seen as being in any kind of loop involving a quadruple homicide?!) or she knew about a potential drop off ahead of time or she did talk to the assistant about his delivery at some point on Thurs, before or after the murders. But very weird if she took back her story and said she actually knew nothing about the money. Maybe there was a language barrier that caused some miscommunication with the reporter.

I am awkwardly leaning on the :fence:

I am still open to the various theories as nothing seems to fit perfectly into place anywhere.

But I still try to keep it as simple as possible when coming up with explanations. And I do think it is possible that DW just went in there all alone by his own accord and had no real plan and things just went sideways due to his violent nature.

At this point I am not convinced that W1 is involved other than being a foolish, immature braggart that lies. But I could be wrong.

I am sure they have served a SW on the hardware store and searched for other cameras in the area. As well, I am sure they have spoken to people at the ctr that was going to be opening the next day to see if he was there.

I guess I am not seeing this report as some of you are.

This report was taken after Friday...it is actually dated 5/20 but I don't know the original date of the interview.

But by Friday, NG had in fact spoken to JW. He told her at that time, that he had made a delivery and what he was told it was for.

I don't believe this interview was done Thursday afternoon - the fire being at 1:15. I don't think any of the key players here were interviewed immediately after the fire was put out. I am sure it took a few hours for things to get moving, as far as employees speaking to each other, the media to find them and/or the media showing up and NG showing up to talk to them.

I believe she said she spoke to him Friday, but I have nothing to back that up. When he called her crying...and then he filled her in on his part in this whole thing.

Not sure if any of that makes sense.

IMO all the money was in the bag. He opened the bag and took a pic which showed the two stacks on top

If LE (who spoke with him the same day) suspected. He kept some of the ransom then W1 would be in jail

Seeing how LE already let two people go who got $2500 each from the ransom, I don't think they're necessarily being quick on arresting people who could face criminal charges. If those people in the DW convoy - particularly the two known paid members - were under lock and key I'd be more inclined to think they'd have in him in jail now if they thought he was guilty of a crime.

I read it in more than one place. I'll try to find!

Here is a snippet from the article: "The Savopoulos' housekeeper, Nelitza Gutierrez, told FOX 5's Paul Wagner that this employee told her that he dropped off the cash on Thursday morning. Sources say he picked up the cash earlier that morning from the American Iron Works company owned by Savopoulos."

Here is the link if it works http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29129466/savopoulos-assistant

I don't think that means he told her on Thursday morning, I think it's means he told her he dropped it off on the Thursday morning.

I guess I am not seeing this report as some of you are.

This report was taken after Friday...it is actually dated 5/20 but I don't know the original date of the interview.

But by Friday, NG had in fact spoken to JW. He told her at that time, that he had made a delivery and what he was told it was for.

I don't believe this interview was done Thursday afternoon - the fire being at 1:15. I don't think any of the key players here were interviewed immediately after the fire was put out. I am sure it took a few hours for things to get moving, as far as employees speaking to each other, the media to find them and/or the media showing up and NG showing up to talk to them.

I believe she said she spoke to him Friday, but I have nothing to back that up. When he called her crying...and then he filled her in on his part in this whole thing.

Not sure if any of that makes sense.

I remember seeing the first media tweets about a fire, and then they would be sending a crew and reporting soon. I thought, how strange... for a house fire? Then the news starting coming in about bodies being found. I don't remember when it was before msm even id'd them.

But he already had corroboration from the employee that $40k went into the red bag. It's in his statement (and the employee put the money in the red bag, not W-1 as someone else just stated). What would the GF be witness to? A picture of some of the money in the bag where? He is having trouble with what happened AFTER it was no longer in the bag, IMO. :)
The picture in the bag wouldn't give him proof of delivering it.

We are at a disadvantage because we can't see the pics. But he may have thought that a pic of the money in the bag, and another pic of the bag in the car might prove something.

Well this is a very perplexing case to say the least which is why I'm so intreigued by it as well. I think a lot of us are undermining the $40,000 dollars a bit. I'm sure there are criminals who have done worse for $400. Of course if we take it in the context of this very wealthy family it looks slight- but to DW (& co....and I do believe there is a co) it is a big time amount of cash. As far as speculation on the cars- would be more believable to me if they had not burned a high-end Porsche in the process. In my gut I do not believe JW is involved but I also think he knows more than he can admit to the public but maybe has to LE- he was in protective custody.
Anyway, looking forward to more concrete information on this case.
I think the one main area that gets my hide up about this case is the burning of the house and car. Burn the house down and it would be much more difficult to assess the level of thievery but the car (worth tons- but a matchbox compared to the Mosler) seems more personal and vengeful.

Seeing how LE already let two people go who got $2500 each from the ransom, I don't think they're necessarily being quick on arresting people who could face criminal charges. If those people in the DW convoy - particularly the two known paid members - were under lock and key I'd be more inclined to think they'd have in him in jail now if they thought he was guilty of a crime.

W1 was interviewed the day of the murders. He had no time to conceal or convert cash. I do not think he took half the money. Three people: SS, executive and bank manager knew he was given $40,000. IMO he delivered $40,000

I will throw my best guess out there. I hesitate to mention it because I feel people will not like it. But here goes. I think this will come down to something having to do with AIW/business interests in general. Either something that was not completely on the up and up or something someone perceived wasn't on the up and up. And I believe it is personal (as it relates to SS), because I do not think mere robbery or carjacking results in a dead housekeeper, spouse or child. Let alone all three. I do not believe this was primarily about money at all, I think that was just a "bonus" to the perp(s). I think it was about wiping out this family. I have no idea why.

And deep down I feel that DW is just too removed in time from AIW/SS for him to be the impetus behind this crime. Something about JW isn't sitting right with me, but I don't know for sure whether he is involved or not.

While out and about something popped into my head. Some article referred to young Phillip as the "little prince." Then I remembered hearing, in a news report or reading a report that SS's father and mother had only one son. So, a bell went off. Maybe VF and/or Amy were a means to an ends. The two remaining male heirs are gone. Could this actually be a retaliation against the patriarch (PS) and not his son (SS) and grandson/namesake (PS) ?

While out and about something popped into my head. Some article referred to young Phillip as the "little prince." Then I remembered hearing, in a news report or reading a report that SS's father and mother had only one son. So, a bell went off. Maybe VF and/or Amy were a means to an ends. The two remaining male heirs are gone. Could this actually be a retaliation against the patriarch (PS) and not his son (SS) and grandson/namesake (PS) ?

Wouldn't that imply a family member in line to inherit is involved? Wouldn't a family member be able to afford to hire someone, anyone better than Wint to carry that out? Seems unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces