DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very interesting thought. MY husband is an engineer in DC and the owners of the business (who are just surmising like we are) seem to think it extends beyond SS and into getting back at the patriarch!

Ok then so what about the guy who kept filing lawsuits against the grandpa back when he owned AIW? He seemed super bitter and angry and kept suing. For like ten years. He was ousted from the business for doing some crappy things and got really really angry.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

Interesting. I just thought of a legit reason for the photo of the money.

I kept thinking of how uncomfortable I would be if my employer called me and told me to pick up some money, then to drop off the money in a car at their home. Esp. if it was a fairly new employer and/or if this was something new.

Could he have taken photos to show yes he picked the money, that he put the money in the car. Could he have been trying to cover his rear? Then sent the photos to the gf trying to get a 'witness'.

Though I still haven't figured out why he wouldn't have told LE about it.

I think LE has turned its "media dogs" on W-1. His name suddenly being released.....hmmmm?

I don't see W-2's name being leaked to the media.

The "lies" being included in the charging document.?????

It does not matter what WE think. In my humble opinion, LE...who knows much more than we...thinks there is something that...at the least...needs further investigation.

I think they are leaning on him.

Every innocent excuse we've thought of...I assume they have considered as well. They have listened and looked at him while he gave his explanations. I think they are checking him out from stem to stern.

Just because his cell phone was at Lowes doesn't mean HE was at Lowes. Just speculating here. That long legged perp running from the car...maybe it IS DW. Maybe not.

In time he maybe completely cleared. And for the sake of SS's surviving daughters, I hope he is. How to go forward and trust and help people...if W-1 turns out to have been complicit in the murders of their beloved parents and little brother?

Same cell phone that was pinging to give an alibi, does that infer that LE could track a phone when turned off and / or not getting the rings.... or is that the same time he just didn't pick up a ringing call while in Lowes??? (reports that he was at a specific location from 11:30 - 12:00, yet he did not pick up while his phone was pinging at 11:54? And did not return call until much later.

Do I have that right?

Just an interesting bit of info:
On Tuesday, I entered a home and was overwhelmed by the smell of gasoline. I called the homeowner and let her know. She sent me a text telling me that they had had a mishap, in the garage, with the lawnmower, on Mem Day. Well, that home still smelled of gasoline on Thursday. So, unless the killer hadn't already doused the family with gas...IMO, if anyone had entered that house they would have been overwhelmed by the smell.
What I said the other day....he is not going to sit around in the house with gas fumes. He didn't pour the gas until the very end.

Something else I keep thinking about...

So many are calling him indiscreet, violating his boss, etc.

Either Phillip or Amy (or both) were friends with JW on Facebook. I know I saw it when this all first came about.

So all of his pictures about being in "his office, the boss's car" etc were known by the family. Some here have turned them into sinister photos...I just don't see them that way. He was saying how awesome it was to have the job he has. He wasn't hurting the family by doing that. He certainly wasn't hiding it from them!!!

Maybe I'm projecting, but I don't see it as suspicious. It may not have been the wisest or most mature move on his part - taking the money out of the envelope, staging it in his bag and snapping a photo to send, but I don't believe it was anything but kidlike enthusiasm.

Granted, I haven't seen all his SM postings, but from what I did see, I didn't get the impression he was bragging. My thoughts were that he was a happy guy loving his work environment, and he has a sense of humor. His comments about his office smelling like leather etc. made me smile. It's young man stuff. Er, I guess it's guys-of-all-ages stuff :D I dislike a braggart as much as the next person, but I honestly didn't get that. Sometimes, people like to share something out of the ordinary and I think that's what he was doing by sending it to his GF. It certainly would be novelty to me to have $40,000 cash in my lap and while I wouldn't open a package that I was supposed to deliver to my boss, I can absolutely see the attraction of doing so by this guy. I don't know the nature of the relationship of the three as boss/employee, but if all three were facebook friends, it would appear to be relaxed enough and trustful enough that JW posted those pics and comments and he wasn't fired. Fellow car enthusiasts and he had a great opportunity for so many things other than being a driver/PA for the rest of his career.

Sometimes, people like to share things when they can't believe their good fortune, or good luck in being fired from one job, but being hired by the big boss into a position of trust and some sort of intimacy that goes along with it. No weirdness intended.

I'm babbling, but I just think he was happy guy with a great boss and a great job from what we've seen.

Maybe its the lack of prints which is interesting to LE
On a car key
Maybe thats why they are questioning locked versus unlocked

Lack of prints doesn't prove anything.
We don't leave prints on everything we touch.

Interesting. I just thought of a legit reason for the photo of the money.

I kept thinking of how uncomfortable I would be if my employer called me and told me to pick up some money, then to drop off the money in a car at their home. Esp. if it was a fairly new employer and/or if this was something new.

Could he have taken photos to show yes he picked the money, that he put the money in the car. Could he have been trying to cover his rear? Then sent the photos to the gf trying to get a 'witness'.

Though I still haven't figured out why he wouldn't have told LE about it.

Why send to gf? If anything it should have been sent to somebody in SS company. IMO.

Didn't JW get his initial text from SS to drop off money Wednesday? (DDW has family hostage at that time and SS is scrambling for$$)If so, maybe that's how HK new it was a scheduled delivery... They both could have been at the DOJO Wednesday eve getting everything done for the Friday opening, so she new about it.

Didn't JW get his initial text from SS to drop off money Wednesday? (DDW has family hostage at that time and SS is scrambling for$$)If so, maybe that's how HK new it was a scheduled delivery... They both could hav e been at the DOJO Wednesday eve getting everything done for the Friday opening, so she new about it.

IIRC, at the very beginning of this, it was theorized that NG, the housekeeper, didn't have any advance knowledge, but once she got wind of what was happening, she became very talkative and began to present herself to the media (and anyone else who would listen) as an "insider," even though she had only overheard snatches of conversation. JMO FWIW.

That's what I've been wondering about, too. It's still unclear, although at least one person on this thread said that NG took back her statement (or clarified her statement) about knowing about the "scheduled delivery". But, to your point, the one thing we do know, per LE, is that someone texted JW on SS's phone on Weds to pick up a package the next day. I guess it's possible that he was with the housekeeper at the dojo in the evening when he got the text and told her. But it doesn't really add up with the other info., like that JW only found out that the package contained money and what that money was said to be for the next day upon picking it up.

Maybe I'm projecting, but I don't see it as suspicious. It may not have been the wisest or most mature move on his part - taking the money out of the envelope, staging it in his bag and snapping a photo to send, but I don't believe it was anything but kidlike enthusiasm.

Granted, I haven't seen all his SM postings, but from what I did see, I didn't get the impression he was bragging. My thoughts were that he was a happy guy loving his work environment, and he has a sense of humor. His comments about his office smelling like leather etc. made me smile. It's young man stuff. Er, I guess it's guys-of-all-ages stuff :D I dislike a braggart as much as the next person, but I honestly didn't get that. Sometimes, people like to share something out of the ordinary and I think that's what he was doing by sending it to his GF. It certainly would be novelty to me to have $40,000 cash in my lap and while I wouldn't open a package that I was supposed to deliver to my boss, I can absolutely see the attraction of doing so by this guy. I don't know the nature of the relationship of the three as boss/employee, but if all three were facebook friends, it would appear to be relaxed enough and trustful enough that JW posted those pics and comments and he wasn't fired. Fellow car enthusiasts and he had a great opportunity for so many things other than being a driver/PA for the rest of his career.

Sometimes, people like to share things when they can't believe their good fortune, or good luck in being fired from one job, but being hired by the big boss into a position of trust and some sort of intimacy that goes along with it. No weirdness intended.

I'm babbling, but I just think he was happy guy with a great boss and a great job from what we've seen.

I agree- those SM pictures and posts don't seem that suspicious to me. And the leather bound books and smelling of rich mahogany is an Anchorman quote. Just trying to see it from his side here, but I'm sure getting fired is tough, and then he ended up in this job getting to drive awesome cars, and liked sharing it. It's easy to take SM posts too far, but none of this seems like it went too far to me. If he actually was FB friends with the family, they probably saw all this and didn't mind as you mentioned.

The way these SM posts are viewed will end up being a hindsight is 20/20 type of deal. If he ends up being involved in any way, they'll be condemned, but if he's not involved, then it just shows he thought parts of his job were cool, and like every other 20/30 something, he wanted to share random stuff on SM.

Thank you to whomever changed the spelling on the thread title. The mods do a great service for us all around here!

She was interviewed by LE extensively, so they probably did end up letting on to some facts of the case to see what she knew. She might have just assumed that SS really had scheduled a delivery of cash for the dojo (which then was hoisted by the bad guys). Meaning, maybe LE hadn't cleared up for her that it was actually a ploy orchestrated by the bad guys to get ransom money, whether JW was in on that part of it or not (Still in question!)

I'm in advertising and my friends post pics all the time on fancy shoots, etc., with lines like "just another day of hard work at the office." It's called a humble-brag. Everyone seems to do it, so that, in itself doesn't send up any red flags. The lying is another story!!!! Giant red flags!!

1. Wouldn't that imply a family member in line to inherit is involved? 2. Wouldn't a family member be able to afford to hire someone, anyone better than Wint to carry that out? Seems unlikely.

*whispering* BBM 1: yes and BBM 2: Not necessarily...

There are posts within this thread touching on this subject.

:silenced: :chicken: :juggle: :sweep:

That's what I've been wondering about, too. It's still unclear, although at least one person on this thread said that NG took back her statement (or clarified her statement) about knowing about the "scheduled delivery". But, to your point, the one thing we do know, per LE, is that someone texted JW on SS's phone on Weds to pick up a package the next day. I guess it's possible that he was with the housekeeper at the dojo in the evening when he got the text and told her. But it doesn't really add up with the other info., like that JW only found out that the package contained money and what that money was said to be for the next day upon picking it up.

NG says she knew nothing about the money: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html
Gutierrez said that she knew nothing about the money that was dropped off May 14 and that she had never seen the assistant or anyone else drop off cash to the Savopoulos home in the 20 years she had worked there.

NG says she knew about the money delivery ahead of time: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/2...ered-to-washington-mansion-on-day-family-was/
Gutierrez, the family's housekeeper of 20 years, said an assistant was scheduled to drop off $40,000 in cash to the home Thursday to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Va. Gutierrez claims she spoke with the unnamed assistant who confirmed the money was delivered Thursday morning to the $5 million mansion on Woodland Drive near the National Cathedral.

If DDW was going about is horrid existence for almost a week before DNA from pizza came back, wouldn't all the evidence of who's part of his crew be on his phone? However... That last call to assistant at 11:54 could have come from DDW using SS phone.

I agree- those SM pictures and posts don't seem that suspicious to me. And the leather bound books and smelling of rich mahogany is an Anchorman quote.

Right you are: Ron Burgundy: "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

W-1 on SM: "My office has many leather bound seats and smells of rich mahogany."

He was cracking a joke, referencing Anchorman, and now that little joke is part of a quadruple murder investigation. Also, others have posted that his FB posts were visible to some S family members, linked as FB friends.

I think W-1 may be badly misunderstood. He may have loved his job and also had a sense of humor about himself and his job. Now that's blowing up on him.

1a4f9285b56f0169ec1144a71bb2fd0e3b053d76887c329407445f1345ee5155.jpg

5LBdvr.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads