DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was the employee at the bank pulling money out of his pockets to give to W1? I wouldn't want to walk out of a bank with 40,000 in my hands. Maybe the bag was something WI carrried with him all the time. Also, what are the bags dimensions? We don't know how the money fit in there. I believe le's wording about the photo was along the lines of two bundles observed, one wrapper observed. If the wrapper on the other bundle was missing, wouldn't it be loose cash and not a bundle?

Could one band have been obscured by the position of another bundle? I'm not sure how wide the bands are, but could it be that? I'm with youse guys and wish we could see the pics.

NG says she knew nothing about the money: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html
Gutierrez said that she knew nothing about the money that was dropped off May 14 and that she had never seen the assistant or anyone else drop off cash to the Savopoulos home in the 20 years she had worked there.

NG says she knew about the money delivery ahead of time: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/2...ered-to-washington-mansion-on-day-family-was/
Gutierrez, the family's housekeeper of 20 years, said an assistant was scheduled to drop off $40,000 in cash to the home Thursday to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Va. Gutierrez claims she spoke with the unnamed assistant who confirmed the money was delivered Thursday morning to the $5 million mansion on Woodland Drive near the National Cathedral.

Both of those are true IMO.

She never knew about any money ever being dropped off. And after this horrible crime, she found out after the fact that JW dropped that money off...and that the reason he was told was because of the opening. Which is almost assuredly the excuse given for the ransom.

The first statement being that she never knew about it happening before. And the second statement being what she found out after the fact, a day later or whatever.

NG says she knew about the money delivery ahead of time:

"Gutierrez, the family's housekeeper of 20 years, said an assistant was scheduled to drop off $40,000 in cash to the home Thursday to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Va. Gutierrez claims she spoke with the unnamed assistant who confirmed the money was delivered Thursday morning to the $5 million mansion on Woodland Drive near the National Cathedral."

rsbm and bbm

That is your interpretation. If I found out on Thursday or Friday that the driver was called on Wednesday to deliver the money on Thursday and I said to the press "the driver was scheduled to bring the money on Thursday" it does not mean I knew ahead of time. It just means that I know the driver knew ahead of time and it was scheduled. I think she told the press everything she learned as she learned about it. how they chose to phrase it... Or how she explained it... But if you take my interpretation, the two statements (the money drop off was scheduled and I never knew about the money) can and do make perfect sense together.

That second article doesn't say she knew nothing about the delivery ahead of time. At best, the wording is very unclear. At worst, the wording conflicts with the first article because it states that she said an assistant was scheduled to drop off $40k in cash to the home to be used for the dojo and that she spoke with JW, who confirmed he delivered it. Which implies (true or untrue!) that she was implying that she knew of the delivery being scheduled. These are the same links I posted today. Boy, I'd love to know about her conversation with JW if there actually was one like she stated, whether it happened on the day of the murders or the day after or a week after.

So Phillip had a REAL racing coach. That makes W-1 pretty much...Dad's driver.

Just because he had a "real" racing coach does not mean that JW was not involved as well. SS obviously valued JW's opinion. And we saw PS and JW together at a track. There are many people involved in racing, especially at a level where you have sponsors. This proves nothing, IMO.

All of that being said, is there something wrong with being a driver...to a man who was very involved in the racing world...and had the best of the best cars to drive??

I guess I am not seeing this report as some of you are.

This report was taken after Friday...it is actually dated 5/20 but I don't know the original date of the interview.

But by Friday, NG had in fact spoken to JW. He told her at that time, that he had made a delivery and what he was told it was for.

I don't believe this interview was done Thursday afternoon - the fire being at 1:15. I don't think any of the key players here were interviewed immediately after the fire was put out. I am sure it took a few hours for things to get moving, as far as employees speaking to each other, the media to find them and/or the media showing up and NG showing up to talk to them.

I believe she said she spoke to him Friday, but I have nothing to back that up. When he called her crying...and then he filled her in on his part in this whole thing.

Not sure if any of that makes sense.

NG definitely spoke to the media on the day of the fire. I think she may have been at the scene before the fire was out, having received a call from SS's mother. But I don't think she said anything about the money at that point.

W1 was interviewed the day of the murders. He had no time to conceal or convert cash. I do not think he took half the money. Three people: SS, executive and bank manager knew he was given $40,000. IMO he delivered $40,000

Are we sure he was interviewed the day of the murders? It seems likely LE would go looking for a driver since they knew the Porsche was missing but I'm not sure how far into the investigation they got that first day.

link to videos from day of murders: http://www.myfoxdc.com/clip/11498182/4-found-dead-in-nw-dc-home-after-suspicious-fire

Please remember ..no sleuthing of family members not named in MSM. If they are named in MSM they can enter into discussion but use caution and common sense in how you post about them.

Thanks.

Right you are: Ron Burgundy: "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

W-1 on SM: "My office has many leather bound seats and smells of rich mahogany!"

He was cracking a joke, referencing Anchorman, and now that little joke is part of a quadruple murder investigation. Also, others have posted that his FB posts were visible to some S family members, linked as FB friends.

I think W-1 may be badly misunderstood. He may have loved his job and also had a sense of humor about himself and his job. Now that's blowing up on him.

1a4f9285b56f0169ec1144a71bb2fd0e3b053d76887c329407445f1345ee5155.jpg

5LBdvr.png

BBM: :( I agree with you.

I HATE IT when people misread my sense of humor - it's mortifying to be completely misunderstood when you're making jokes you think are funny, but no one bothers to double check because they're putting their own projection on it.

Thank you jd dickenson and millhouse for telling us this is from Anchorman - I've not seen that movie, but I did recognize that JW was being funny describing his his office and the picture of the fine dashboard, lol!

Poor guy! I really don't believe he's involved in this. People lie for all kinds of reasons and it's possible his first thought was that money was missing and he was going to be accused. This would be incredibly stressful to most people and I can't imagine everything that must be going through his head as he learns more of what went on and he was so close. Similar to what VF's husband must be feeling. Both men were there at the home with no idea of what was going on inside the house. :( Tragic for so many people.

I thought I read somewhere that while DDW was fired over 10 years ago, he has a relative that was still working for Mr. Savopolous. Can anyone verify that? I'll continue looking.

I think LE will be revealing more evidence after the funeral, it's probably going to be difficult to hear

Imagine that, his good friend Philip.

Yes, that and the other comment "...and the maid..." Seriously, how disgustingly elitist. I don't know why I get so freaking angry when I read things like that but I do!

The MURDERED WOMAN has a name: Veralicia Figuaroa

BBM: :( I agree with you.

I HATE IT when people misread my sense of humor - it's mortifying to be completely misunderstood when you're making jokes you think are funny, but no one bothers to double check because they're putting their own projection on it.

Thank you and jd dickenson for telling us this is from Anchorman - I've not seen that movie, but I did recognize that JW was being funny describing his his office and the picture of the fine dashboard, lol!

Poor guy! I really don't believe he's involved in this. People lie for all kinds of reasons and it's possible his first thought was that money was missing and he was going to be accused. This would be incredibly stressful to most people and I can't imagine everything that must be going through his head as he learns more of what went on and he was so close. Similar to what VF's husband must be feeling. Both men were there at the home with no idea of what was going on inside the house. :( Tragic for so many people.

I thought I read somewhere that while DDW was fired over 10 years ago, he has a relative that was still working for Mr. Savopolous. Can anyone verify that? I'll continue looking.
According to this report on CNN last night the cousin worked at AIW the same time DW did.

[video]http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/05/28/mansion-murders-wint-dnt-brown-ac.cnn?sr=twac052715mansionmurder1145pvodphoto[/video]

Right you are: Ron Burgundy: "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

W-1 on SM: "My office has many leather bound seats and smells of rich mahogany!"

He was cracking a joke, referencing Anchorman, and now that little joke is part of a quadruple murder investigation. Also, others have posted that his FB posts were visible to some S family members, linked as FB friends.

I think W-1 may be badly misunderstood. He may have loved his job and also had a sense of humor about himself and his job. Now that's blowing up on him.

1a4f9285b56f0169ec1144a71bb2fd0e3b053d76887c329407445f1345ee5155.jpg

5LBdvr.png

This is why I keep leaning hard on the "just a douche" side as opposed to "involved in a insane slaughter of four innocent people side."

I mean.... Anchorman is so 2005 :eyes roll out of my head:

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

NG definitely spoke to the media on the day of the fire. I think she may have been at the scene before the fire was out, having received a call from SS's mother. But I don't think she said anything about the money at that point.

Are we sure he was interviewed the day of the murders? It seems likely LE would go looking for a driver since they knew the Porsche was missing but I'm not sure how far into the investigation they got that first day.

link to videos from day of murders: http://www.myfoxdc.com/clip/11498182/4-found-dead-in-nw-dc-home-after-suspicious-fire

Just watched that video, from the 10pm local newscast. Thanks for finding that!

The only thing mentioned about NG was that she was told not to come to work because they were sick that day, and that she tried to call but got no answer.

IMO, the first time NG gets chatting with the media is Friday. And by that time, she had at least part of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky