DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because his cell phone was at Lowes doesn't mean HE was at Lowes. Just speculating here. That long legged perp running from the car...maybe it IS DW. Maybe not.

?

This occurred to me as well, we don't really know that he was at Lowe's.
My daughter pulled this stunt when she was in high school. Telling me she was going to the gym to exercise, she put her cell phone in a locker there in case I tried to track her, and then took off somewhere she was not supposed to be. I found out and I was not a happy camper, took her cell phone away for a period of time which was like ripping her heart out of her chest. :(

While out and about something popped into my head. Some article referred to young Phillip as the "little prince." Then I remembered hearing, in a news report or reading a report that SS's father and mother had only one son. So, a bell went off. Maybe VF and/or Amy were a means to an ends. The two remaining male heirs are gone. Could this actually be a retaliation against the patriarch (PS) and not his son (SS) and grandson/namesake (PS) ?

A very interesting thought. MY husband is an engineer in DC and the owners of the business (who are just surmising like we are) seem to think it extends beyond SS and into getting back at the patriarch!

Maybe its the lack of prints which is interesting to LE
On a car key
Maybe thats why they are questioning locked versus unlocked
Depending on the year of the Mosler, it may have had keyless entry or a code entry. Perhaps, and I don't know the answer, the cars computer keeps a record.

Wouldn't that imply a family member in line to inherit is involved? Wouldn't a family member be able to afford to hire someone, anyone better than Wint to carry that out? Seems unlikely.

That is a good question.

If you have money to hire a hit man, do you hire a trained professional, or a lower level
psychopath crook like Wint to make it look like a home invasion gone wrong.

That is a good question.

If you have money to hire a hit man, do you hire a trained professional, or a lower level
crook like Wint to make it look like a home invasion gone wrong.

Hired hits are clean, they don't sit in the house with the victims eating pizza leaving their DNA.

Don't know what else one can find here but PGPD has a facebook with this post about DW's arrest on what, the 21st?

Last night, our aviation crew took off from our College Park hangar and used the onboard FLIR thermal-imaging camera to provide constant updates on the suspect’s movements in a car to law enforcement on the ground. The thermal-imaging camera is state of the art technology that allows our crew to spot suspects or find missing people even in total darkness.

Gotta snoop around this facebook awhile. :)

https://www.facebook.com/PGPD1/posts/993989983952800

Yeah, totally possible she was misunderstood (or fibbed) and only learned about the "scheduled delivery" the day after the murder/fire, either from a call with JW as she stated, or LE, or both.

However, if the reports are true, JW called the veteran AIW accountant crying after the murders, not NG. (Although he could have called a lot of people crying and it's just not reported.) Also, multiple reports said JW went MIA the day after the fire, so if NG did talk to him on the day after the fire, it doesn't jibe with what the media is saying about him going incommunicado the next day and ever after. LE is holding the content of that call close to their chest. (They are obviously holding a ton of info back from the media, so no surprises there.)

CNN about to report on "key witness - what does he know and why did his story change"

spotlight turning on W-1, the assistant. So far, a rehash of what we already know. He lied about the bag, etc., sounds like police are expecting to make more arrests, nothing new here, folks.

CNN report: Not much new info. LE says W1 is cooperating but reporter says that LE is investigating many people. Talking heads question how W1 could have gotten the story about the money hand-off wrong -- how could W1 say he received the $$$ in a manila envelope when he had a text on his phone showing the $$$ in a red bag?

no way is this a hit by anyone. maybe a half brained conspiricy of people who think they are smarter then they are though.

Is Savopoulos mispelled in the thread titles? That has been driving me crazy for days.

Is Savopoulos mispelled in the thread titles? That has been driving me crazy for days.

Yes...LOL! It bugs me too. People's names is something that is one of my pet peeves...it is so disrespectful IMO. I do my darndest to spell everyone's name correct.

This made me think -- maybe the security system tracks when all doors/windows open. If there's no record of the garage door opening, it would mean W1 could have only gone through the house to put the money in the car. And if he'd done that, he might have noticed something fishy going on. Is it possible LE has access to the security log and that's why they're grilling him on these details? Maybe they think he never dropped off the money at the house. ?
Just an interesting bit of info:
On Tuesday, I entered a home and was overwhelmed by the smell of gasoline. I called the homeowner and let her know. She sent me a text telling me that they had had a mishap, in the garage, with the lawnmower, on Mem Day. Well, that home still smelled of gasoline on Thursday. So, unless the killer hadn't already doused the family with gas...IMO, if anyone had entered that house they would have been overwhelmed by the smell.

Why was the employee at the bank pulling money out of his pockets to give to W1? I wouldn't want to walk out of a bank with 40,000 in my hands. Maybe the bag was something WI carrried with him all the time. Also, what are the bags dimensions? We don't know how the money fit in there. I believe le's wording about the photo was along the lines of two bundles observed, one wrapper observed. If the wrapper on the other bundle was missing, wouldn't it be loose cash and not a bundle?

Maybe They (police) are using the info about car locked-unlocked to "possible" catch
W1 on wether he dropped money off (as he claims) or not. (Not.. Would indicate he's involved, because once he had money from AIW employee he wouldn't have needed to go to house)the LE must know something we don't. Like... If he's says its unlocked he wouldn't need a key, if locked, maybe they have info that he DID NOT have a key... So
How did he make a drop. Is there info out there that says if he had the key to car or not.

I think WWD and his brother! Brother has short hair (W3 saw clean cut male driving Porsche at 1:30) brother was driving the box truck with cash! Could be more involved...
I'm thinking just the two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member