DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't say they caught him in the lie. It says he told them he lied about the car being locked. I think he told them the car was locked because in his mind it somehow made him look better. He left the money locked in the car so whoever robbed and murdered everyone it wasn't because he left the money unsecure. Something along that line. jmo

It might not specifically say that they caught JW in a lie but why else would JW change his story after he is shown the text he sent to the girlfriend of the money? And then LE state that JW lied specifically in charging documents? I don't see how in his mind that telling numerous lies to LE would make him look better? Most people know that lies discredit you and make you look the opposite of better..IMO

It might not specifically say that they caught JW in a lie but why else would JW change his story after he is shown the text he sent to the girlfriend of the money? And then LE state that JW lied specifically in charging documents? I don't see how in his mind that telling numerous lies to LE would make him look better? Most people know that lies discredit you and make you look the opposite of better..IMO

Only if you are caught in a lie.

Normally in these cases there are interviews from friends to give us some insight, but we don't seem to have that in this case

While I was looking around for other cameras I found this one. Same property across the street on the corner from the S's home. This camera would capture cars entering the gate and likely any cars passing by on the street.

Link to Google Street View Map: https://www.google.com/maps/@38.925...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sdRvkBmkJt8TEaQ-Yu4SpqQ!2e0
This building and property (on the left) at 3117 Woodland Drive NW which is currently owned by the Government of the Commonwealth Australia was once rented and lived in for about two years by George S. Patton, Jr., his wife, his two daughters, one son and fifteen servants. Actually, I am not sure all the servants lived in but they were there the day of the 1930 US Census.

In 1927 or 1928, Patton was assigned to The Office of the Chief of Calvary in Washington DC. I believe he briefly owned another (now historical) house in DC before selling it and moving into this Woodland Drive home.

I have not decided if I think JW is involved or not, but I do think his behavior is suspicious and worth investigating further. I will be really interested to see what cell towers his phone was pinging off of when he was at "Lowe's". Maybe he was there. But I'm curious about the cell phone data from the time of the drop-off until his call to SS's phone at 1:40.

"And an investigation into the case has uncovered new evidence which for the first time reveals that Wallace has links to Daron Wint, 34, the man who was arrested after a nationwide manhunt and charged in the murders after his DNA was found on half eaten pizza in the burned Savopoulos home.

Documents and records show the two men have both lived in the same apartment complex in New Carrollton, Maryland, adjacent to Washington, D.C.

“We are aware of the connections between the two men,” a law enforcement official involved in the investigation said.

Further, that sprawling apartment complex is immediately adjacent to the church parking lot where the Savopoulos Porsche 911, stolen at the time of the murders, was ditched and torched in the hours after the quadruple murders."
http://www.nate-thayer.com/race-car...ked-to-suspect-in-washington-murder-whodunit/

JW's girlfriend was who received the text with the picture of two bundles of money. That person is named in charging documents as W-2

If employer asked me and a company employ, perhaps way higher up, handed over the money from the bank, I'd think things were copecetic. Yeah, so he's paying out in cash for services. Contractors often take cash for a discount on a job or a car is bought with cash. I'd leave it to company accountants, Mr. S., his advisors, the bank to sort out. If ok with them, ok with me. So that the assistant would not balk I can understand. That Mr. S. would pick driver to make the drop, no. His and three other lies were on the line, so I'd think he would choose someone of longer standing service and more of a professional to deliver. But perhaps the choice was down to the unconventional nature of the drop off and S thinking the driver less likely question than person in more of a formal capacity. I still don't get why driver lied about the phone msg, the money packaging, the car being locked. I've been a "personal assistant," on an informal basis--one is a kind of all around gofer in that position doing whatever is needed that boss or other personnel can't do, different in every case and depending upon type of business serving of course but the "personal" does mean one serves the boss personally; could be by scheduling, running her shop, doing all the mail, pitching in on the laundry, running to the bank...If my boss and family is slaughtered I wouldn't lie about how I carried out her orders though to the investigators unless I had to cover myself in a big way.

Thankyou, ITA!

Quick thought here about Witness 1 and his lying about the keys. What if investigators found the Mosler keys inside the house after the fire. He would then have to explain what he was doing in the house if the car was indeed locked thus changing his statement and admitting to lying because that is a lot better than admitting to be involved ?!?!? Just a thought...
Why would he have to explain anything? DW could have taken keys or whatever else out of the garage and into the house.

"And an investigation into the case has uncovered new evidence which for the first time reveals that Wallace has links to Daron Wint, 34, the man who was arrested after a nationwide manhunt and charged in the murders after his DNA was found on half eaten pizza in the burned Savopoulos home.

Documents and records show the two men have both lived in the same apartment complex in New Carrollton, Maryland, adjacent to Washington, D.C.

“We are aware of the connections between the two men,” a law enforcement official involved in the investigation said.

Further, that sprawling apartment complex is immediately adjacent to the church parking lot where the Savopoulos Porsche 911, stolen at the time of the murders, was ditched and torched in the hours after the quadruple murders."
http://www.nate-thayer.com/race-car...ked-to-suspect-in-washington-murder-whodunit/

There we have it. This was orchestrated with JW. The only question is whether he was in on the killings.

All the details might be super important to LE, but a witness might not realize how important it is.
There are three discrepancies (when W1 first heard from SS, what was the money in, and whether car was locked or unlocked).
I am not sure why LE put into affidavit that witness lied. Possibly, they suspected W1 before DW's DNA results came back. I hope it doesn't come back to bite them in the behind, because presumably W1 will have to testify at trial.

Documentation for when this goes to court. If JW is called as a witness, he's admitted to be a liar. (thinking like DW defense lawyer) It doesn't matter that the reason may be silly or that the lies didn't make a difference to anything, it's just the fact that he lied to LE.

I also find it strange that JW cried the next day on the phone with another AIW employee. I don't think that is typical for someone with his relation to the family. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it's not typical. Add that to the lies, the fact he was just fired and hired. There are too many coincidences that relate to JW to not warrant further investigation. At least to eliminate these odd events with explanations backed up by facts (not personal speculation).

We don't know what we would do, but after seeing what happened to this family, it makes me realize that it is a good idea to have a plan in place if, God forbid, the unthinkable should ever happen. Parents need to have these conversations, because they won't have a chance to communicate candidly & strategically plan together once they are under siege. Mind you, there is a next to nothing chance this will ever happen to your family, but as someone who knew the Savopouloses quite well and lived nearby, I never thought this would happen to anyone in my neighborhood, much less my friends.

My sympathies, how are thier daughters? the neighborhood must be so upset. I can't even imagine. (((hugs)))

AND....(I keep thinking of more reasons JW needs to be looked at further)....to me he looks more like the guy in the video than DW, he could be described as a black male with short groomed hair, he always mentions in his videos he needs more money to race, he shows a blatant disregard for boundaries. I could go on....

....And of course, we KNOW that DDW hadthe money, because a week later he was found with over $20K and some money orders we know were given to his friends.
All of that being said...I give up. No one's mind is going to be changed by things being explained. One way or another. No one is going to convince me that he was involved - until LE tells me otherwise. Some will not be convinced he wasn't involved - possibly even after LE tells them otherwise.
bbm sbm

Re ^ knowing DDW had "the money" & implying that proves JW dropped off $? Me, well not sure. DDW had "money" that is, bills & money orders in box truck, not necessarily "the money" from JW's drop off. Is it poss S house safe had $ in it and DDW's bills (& money orders bought later) were proceeds from safe contents? IDK.

corundogs,
You've posted numerous insightful comments, so don't give up. Keep on posting, pls.
2 groups re whether JW was or was not involved? Yes, but can we add a 3rd group?
Ppl, like me, who are not convinced one way or the other. At least not yet, not w avail info to date. I think some info points toward JW as being not just a totally innocent chess piece in these events, but am not convinced of his willing participation in criminal acts. Misstating things to LE = stupid and if charging doc is accurate, he admitted to lying to LE. Personally I'm waiting on lots more info before I'm convinced re JW.

JM2cts, could be wrong.

I have wondered if W1 might have lied thinking he was helping SS. Maybe he thought SS was up to something. I know its farfetched but its a thought.

I don't think it's farfetched at all.

I still don't think he's involved.

bbm sbm

Re ^ knowing DDW had "the money" & implying that proves JW dropped off $? Me, well not sure. DDW had "money" that is, bills & money orders in box truck, not necessarily "the money" from JW's drop off. Is it poss S house safe had $ in it and DDW's bills (& money orders bought later) were proceeds from safe contents? IDK.

corundogs,
You've posted numerous insightful comments, so don't give up. Keep on posting, pls.
2 groups re whether JW was or was not involved? Yes, but can we add a 3rd group?
Ppl, like me, who are not convinced one way or the other. At least not yet, not w avail info to date. I think some info points toward JW as being not just a totally innocent chess piece in these events, but am not convinced of his willing participation in criminal acts. Misstating things to LE = stupid and if charging doc is accurate, he admitted to lying to LE. Personally I'm waiting on lots more info before I'm convinced re JW.

JM2cts, could be wrong.

It cracks me up how emotional people get on here. This isn't about being right. This isn't personal. We have a common goal: It's about intelligent, caring people trying to figure out what happened. I personally love puzzles, I am an aerospace engineer and have done mishap investigations. It's ok to say, "I don't know yet, but I know what I need more info on." I don't know yet about JW, but I need more info on him for sure. I guess in police lingo, to me he is a POI.

AND....(I keep thinking of more reasons JW needs to be looked at further)....to me he looks more like the guy in the video than DW, he could be described as a black male with short groomed hair, he always mentions in his videos he needs more money to race, he shows a blatant disregard for boundaries. I could go on....

I am sorry, what video? If you are talking about the guy running away, you can't see anything except somebody in a hoodie. You can't see hair, or if he is black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz