DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me, some of us forget the most mundane things and/or misspeak when under stress and high emotion.

:/

I'm not doubting you but I'm basing my observation on the fact that per the charging documents it's clear that he admitted that he lied to LE and multiple times

I hope Wint does hire this guy. Is that a good defense or what?
"A lawyer visiting Daron Wint, the man charged in the murder of a wealthy Washington, D.C. family, says Wint couldn’t have committed the quadruple homicide because he hates pizza."
http://time.com/3902517/daron-wint-pizza/

His lies are the reason I think it is possible.

Why tell LE that your boss only told you on THURSDAY. that you should pick up the money...when your phone can show you are a liar? If we read the charging DOC we can see the story he told BEFORE they asked for the phone.

Uh-oh. Then he was nailed.

if he had thought about the phone, his story would have matched up with the phone.

That's actually the least of the things that worry me. After all the back and forth calls Thursday morning I can see forgetting a text Weds night. He even said he forgot about the text whereas he said he lied about the other two things.

It's also possible he killed them because he wanted to - regardless of whether they could identify him or not.

That's about where I am right now. Don't know if I'm off base but I get the sense that ,along with money, there was a huge power and control issue at play here and he could do whatever he wanted to with them and may [/ ( know I don't know that for sure) U]even have enjoyed taunting and threatening and torturing them and watching them suffer and at his mercy. (no mercy) Even the pizza ordering and eating seems to tie into that to me. Oh, yeah, he wanted little Phillip to have a bite of pizza before he.................uhoh...back to tearing up if I think too long on that but would be interesting to know what other DNA was found on that pizza and box. (I don't know how long it will be before I can eat that again)

Sorry, but back to THEORIES about what MIGHT could have been done by Mr. S , my personal belief is that he NEVER had a chance to do anything at all in terms of bolting and running for help. I think he was incapacitated from the first moments he arrived home , before he could even grasp the situation and never in his wildest dreams could have imagined what he was about to encounter and endure.
It seems to me that Wint and possibly other(s) were well prepared for him. For one thing,we know Wint knew he was into martial arts and would never give him the opportunity to strike. HEck, Wint may even have already found the gun someone posted about.

I will probably be sorry I posted all this. I usually wish I had remained silent.

Trust me, some of us forget the most mundane things and/or misspeak when under stress and high emotion.

:/

Yes indeed.

But if you were in his situation, you can almost predict what questions LE is going to ask you.

Was he shocked out of his mind to be asked when SS contacted him about delivering the money? Was this such an unexpected question, that he had NO IDEA it would come up?

If I had any doubt and was in his position, I'd check my phone before I answered. Young people his age live and die by those phones.

"Gee,let me check."

He could have "checked" before the LE interview. What did he think they were going to ask about if not those kind of details? The type of leather used in the Bentley?

I do not think he is stupid. Therefore, I think he would have a rough idea of what he would be asked. His answers, according to LE, were lies..As revealed by his phone.

I think that's a big deal.

I also find it strange that JW cried the next day on the phone with another AIW employee. I don't think that is typical for someone with his relation to the family. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it's not typical. Add that to the lies, the fact he was just fired and hired. There are too many coincidences that relate to JW to not warrant further investigation. At least to eliminate these odd events with explanations backed up by facts (not personal speculation).

If someone you knew, had worked with and traveled with, got brutally murdered? And you were innocently involved in dropping off the ransom money and you didn't realize it...you wouldn't cry??

I have absolutely NO ties to this family, and I have cried!!

If someone you knew, had worked with and traveled with, got brutally murdered? And you were innocently involved in dropping off the ransom money and you didn't realize it...you wouldn't cry??

I have absolutely NO ties to this family, and I have cried!!

I think the confusion comes from all the lies he told the police and then call an AIW employee and cry. To be fair we don't know what he cried about.

I thought his crying was odd as well... I could see at first being in shock and disbelieve
And later the tears... It struck me as disingenuous and contrived.

I don't think it was that odd that he would cry. The 10 yr old innocent boy that he spent time with and that he often coached in racing, was burned alive. Why wouldnt he cry?

Maybe JW does have some involvement but never dreamed it would play out as it did? JMO.

Can any of us refute the information about the apartments? I'd like to read a rebuttal to his information about where the two families lived...if someone can do that.

Otherwise..impresses me..WOW!

But I'm waiting to have someone here tear down that info....

From what I understood, that is a huge apt complex. And the father of one and the father of the other lived somewhere in the complex at the same time. Does that mean they were ever friends? My daughter lives in a large apt complex and she does not know anyone but her noisy neighbors.

Well we know he was dumb enough to lie numerous times to LE in a quadruple homicide case about how he delivered the ransom money to the killers, and that seems equally dumb if not dumber than showing off loot to his girl as he is caught up in the thrill. So he has proven himself to be just dumb enough that I (IMO!) can't discount it only because an assumption that he has higher intelligence than that. No evidence that this guy is an over-achiever.

I don't think it was that odd that he would cry. The 10 yr old innocent boy that he spent time with and that he often coached in racing, was burned alive. Why wouldnt he cry?

Exactly! Which makes me ask why would he lie to LE? I would think he would want to be as clear and as helpful to LE so they can find out who did this to a 10 year old boy, his family and Vera.

From what I understood, that is a huge apt complex. And the father of one and the father of the other lived somewhere in the complex at the same time. Does that mean they were ever friends? My daughter lives in a large apt complex and she does not know anyone but her noisy neighbors.

But she could.....

Coincidences in a brutal murder....when one person is arrested and the other one lies...

Well, time will tell. Who knows?

That's actually the least of the things that worry me. After all the back and forth calls Thursday morning I can see forgetting a text Weds night. He even said he forgot about the text whereas he said he lied about the other two things.

And the text never specified a money drop. Just told him to expect to meet up for a needed delivery. JMO

This is exactly the kind of timeline I've been searching for and it hasn't shown up until my search two minutes ago. Grrrrrr. Why does this happen - it's been published for over a week, but never showed up in all my searches using the same text. Anywhoo. Sorry if it's been posted before, but oh well. I'd love to see it fleshed out with more detail that we now know after the Witness interviews. Still waiting for AIW employee #1's interview document. Why JW's and his GF's, but no others? I'm a visual person and I need to see things laid out like this.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/timeline-slaying-wealthy-family-washington-31212189

MAY 13

3 p.m. — Housekeeper Veralicia Figueroa is supposed to leave for the day, according to a second housekeeper, Nelitza Gutierrez.

5:30 p.m. — Amy Savopoulos calls her husband, telling him to come home to watch their 10-year-old son because she has plans, Gutierrez says.

9:30 p.m. — Savvas Savopoulos calls Gutierrez' phone and leaves her a flustered-sounding voicemail. She doesn't notice it until the next morning. Though Savopoulos had indicated earlier that his wife was going out, in the voicemail he said she is sick in bed and another housekeeper, Veralicia Figueroa, is staying overnight. He also says in the voicemail that Figueroa's cellphone is dead and the family doesn't have a charger for it, which Gutierrez says is odd.

———

MAY 14

Morning — At some point, Figueroa's husband, Bernardo Alfaro, goes to the house and knocks on the door, but no one answers. While there, Alfaro told WJLA-TV that Savvas Savopoulos called his cellphone and told him that Amy had gone to the hospital and Figueroa had accompanied her.

"My feeling was that somebody was inside," Alfaro said. He continued trying to call his wife and got no answer.

9:30 a.m. — Gutierrez receives a text message from Amy Savopoulos' cellphone saying "I am making sure you do not come today." Gutierrez says she calls Amy Savopoulos immediately, but the call goes to voicemail. She texts her and doesn't get a response.

10:30 a.m. — The family's 2008 blue Porsche 911 is last seen at the home, D.C. police Chief Cathy Lanier said. Later in the day, it is found torched in a parking lot in New Carrollton, Maryland, about 13 miles from the Savopoulos house.

1:30 p.m. — D.C. Fire and EMS responds to a call for a fire on Woodland Drive and find the bodies inside the home. They immediately suspect someone may have intentionally set the house on fire.

But she could.....

Coincidences in a brutal murder....when one person is arrested and the other one lies...

Well, time will tell. Who knows?

True, she could. But just because two people have parents who live in the same sprawling complex it does not mean they necessarily know each other. And that blog said 'there you have it'--as if it proved they were accomplices.

Can any of us refute the information about the apartments? I'd like to read a rebuttal to his information about where the two families lived...if someone can do that.

Otherwise..impresses me..WOW!

But I'm waiting to have someone here tear down that info....

UUUMMMM...no??? Because it was posted here over a week ago. This "reporter" isn't impressive..WS'ers are!

Not if the HK told investigators that the Mosler keys were always kept in a certain place inside the house. If that was the case and he said the door was locked and had to locate the keys, he would have to be in the house to get them.

Yes indeed.

But if you were in his situation, you can almost predict what questions LE is going to ask you.

Was he shocked out of his mind to be asked when SS contacted him about delivering the money? Was this such an unexpected question, that he had NO IDEA it would come up?

If I had any doubt and was in his position, I'd check my phone before I answered. Young people his age live and die by those phones.

"Gee,let me check."

He could have "checked" before the LE interview. What did he think they were going to ask about if not those kind of details? The type of leather used in the Bentley?

I do not think he is stupid. Therefore, I think he would have a rough idea of what he would be asked. His answers, according to LE, were lies..As revealed by his phone.

I think that's a big deal.

There's no question that he intentionally lied and didn't just forget, because he admitted it. Unless LE is lying and I highly doubt that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz