DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Originally Posted by katydid23 But didnt LE already say that they have JW ON VIDEO at the LOWES which is 45 min away, during the time of the killings and the fire?"

I thought I heard cellphone pings... I don't recall reading there was video evidence.
Surv cam vid gives him alibi; pings give his phone an alibi. I wonder which.

"Originally Posted by katydid23 But didnt LE already say that they have JW ON VIDEO at the LOWES which is 45 min away, during the time of the killings and the fire?"

precisely what i'm wondering...

You can't fire someone because they are sleeping with someone doing wrong. That's illegal.

If her boyfriend was stealing from the company, imo, they could find some reason to let her go too. JMO But my main point is that she is still his girlfriend and she still works there. Would she be dating him publicly and keep her job if he were fired for extortion or something big?

Per same article states that PS's coach was Jay Howard, the professional Indy Car race driver and head of Motorsports Driver Development which trains young aspiring race drivers. Once Savvas saw that Philip was committed to racing, he made contact through FIA with Praga Karting, where he bought Philip a Go Kart. They told him “if you need the best coach, you need to talk to Jay Howard. I met them in January, and Savvas hired me to coach Philip”

The entire scenario seems to show SS hired JW out of pity because he needed a job and he was just a glorified gofer.

JMO

Hello! Newbie here, hope that's ok. I have never been so captivated by a case as I am this one. I stumbled upon this site as I feverishly searched for information. I think I've read (at least skimmed) all pages since this thread originally started. So much great information, ideas, and theories. Wow, I may be in over my head here. Anyways, I have a million and one thoughts right now.
One thing I've wondered about..what was SS Thursday supposed to look like? Such a busy man surely had to have important meetings or something to attend? Or was he to be in the dojo that day? I was just thinking on a typical day he probably had a million things going on and would have been missed/his absence needing to be explained. But if he was just to be in the dojo his absence wouldn't be noticed...I know he was in contact with people from AIW, but was he supposed to be anywhere (important meetings things of that nature)? Is it coincidence this happened the day before the dojo opening when I assume he wouldn't be going to AIW? Another question, as a driver I'm sure JW had some sort of advanced notice of his schedule. I wonder if he was supposed to drive anywhere that Thursday? Was he a casual driver or was this an everyday thing? Sorry for rambling, thinking out loud here.
If we can believe Nates post, at one time JW and DW were next door neighbors (did I read that right?!) I just can't believe JW is not involved - for the money not the murders. I think the tears were a combination of the deaths and fear. I do not think JW and DW were friends, but I think they did know each other. I think the social media was seen by DW who reached out to JW and set the plan in motion. Again, I think JW was in for the money, but not involved in the deaths.
Sorry for the rambling, my mind is all over the place. Thanks for reading ��

GREAT first post and :welcome: to WS. :fireworks:

Exactly.

Right there with ya...IMO, it seems there has been quite a bit of speculation and sleuthing of stories/parties that isn't normally done here. Just like that blog.

but.....
we have one witness who cant keep her mouth shut or her stories straight.
we have another witness, who in the criminal complaint it says he lied...not mistaken, no confused, LIED.

we also have 4/5 other people that were caught with the prime suspect, that for some reason, are free to roam around and cause more damage while LE waits for them to flap their gums about THIS.

i dont see how it is wrong to sleuth any of these people? (granted their are no names for the 5 accomplices other then his brother)

Hello! Newbie here, hope that's ok. I have never been so captivated by a case as I am this one. I stumbled upon this site as I feverishly searched for information. I think I've read (at least skimmed) all pages since this thread originally started. So much great information, ideas, and theories. Wow, I may be in over my head here. Anyways, I have a million and one thoughts right now.
One thing I've wondered about..what was SS Thursday supposed to look like? Such a busy man surely had to have important meetings or something to attend? Or was he to be in the dojo that day? I was just thinking on a typical day he probably had a million things going on and would have been missed/his absence needing to be explained. But if he was just to be in the dojo his absence wouldn't be noticed...I know he was in contact with people from AIW, but was he supposed to be anywhere (important meetings things of that nature)? Is it coincidence this happened the day before the dojo opening when I assume he wouldn't be going to AIW? Another question, as a driver I'm sure JW had some sort of advanced notice of his schedule. I wonder if he was supposed to drive anywhere that Thursday? Was he a casual driver or was this an everyday thing? Sorry for rambling, thinking out loud here.
If we can believe Nates post, at one time JW and DW were next door neighbors (did I read that right?!) I just can't believe JW is not involved - for the money not the murders. I think the tears were a combination of the deaths and fear. I do not think JW and DW were friends, but I think they did know each other. I think the social media was seen by DW who reached out to JW and set the plan in motion. Again, I think JW was in for the money, but not involved in the deaths.

I was thinking about that too. Since the very exclusive, impressive Dojo was opening Friday, I would think all kinds of out of town guests would be arriving, celebration dinners night before opening... Etc

If she is still working for them, and she admits she is his girlfriend, that leads me to believe that he was not fired for anything really horrible. In other words, if he stole money from them, or did something really bad, they would probably have gotten rid of his girlfriend too.

He may have been late too much, taken too many sick days, slacked off etc, and been let go. JMO

I think he had to have done something really bad (though not necessarily criminal) for Employee #1 to be fired as he was the very first employee hired by the track.

Welcome. We haven't been told how SS got home that Wednesday night or at what time. I find it very strange that JW says he dropped off the money at the house and then he went to Chantilly. Why go to Chantilly? His boss wasn't in Chantilly. The money was supposed to be for the dojo. His actions make no more sense than his many lies.

JMO

If her boyfriend was stealing from the company, imo, they could find some reason to let her go too. JMO But my main point is that she is still his girlfriend and she still works there. Would she be dating him publicly and keep her job if he were fired for extortion or something big?

I am only speculating as Autobahn wanted to not give details which I can appreciate. But it appears to me that this immature wannabe racecar fanatic was forming his own "team" and had already branched out to "coach" possibly one of their client's kids (already using their "connections". He could have been recruiting employees, mechanics and such from there to join his racing "team. I am sure they wanted to end that. Stealing or recruiting your trained and loyal employees can be more costly than money.

JMO's

I think he had to have done something really bad (though not necessarily criminal) for Employee #1 to be fired as he was the very first employee hired by the track.
I was thinking something like using the business to forward his own personal career. Either while on their time or on the connections. :dunno:

The charging docs say the red bag is JW's personal property. it could have been a BOA bag, but why would JW take that in with him rather than the envelope that the money allegedly was supposed to go in (JW says the envelope was in the car he was using rather than the envelope being in the drop-off car). The bag serves no purpose if the money was supposed to go in the envelope.

Good point. Why did he put the money in a red bag if he had the manilla envelope in his car? The answer is simple: $20K went into the red bag and $20K was in the manilla envelope he left in the Mosler.

but.....
we have one witness who cant keep her mouth shut or her stories straight.
we have another witness, who in the criminal complaint it says he lied...not mistaken, no confused, LIED.

we also have 4/5 other people that were caught with the prime suspect, that for some reason, are free to roam around and cause more damage while LE waits for them to flap their gums about THIS.

i dont see how it is wrong to sleuth any of these people? (granted their are no names for the 5 accomplices other then his brother)

Yeah, when LE themselves in the DW charging doc says 'others' were involved but no one else has been charged, I don't see how you can avoid sleuthing others as LE admits they haven't fully solved it and there are others involved that haven't been charged.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...7-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html?tid=sm_fb

"On May 15, the day after the killings, the personal assistant called the veteran American Iron Works employee’s cellphone “and was crying,” according to the police documents. The assistant “stated that he had dropped off a package” at the Savopoulos house on May 14, on his way to Chantilly, the documents say."

Much more at link.

Ok. But the address given for him in the charging documents is 5408 85th Ave. (Not DW's father's place, then - it is apparently his sister's). That is .1 miles from someone close to JW. Both are current addresses. Doesn't that seem incredibly noteworthy to you? It does to me. That's all I'm saying.
We'll all find out when LE pulls this together. :)
According to FOX 5 that house sits completely empty (no people, no furniture, nothing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces