DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why we want to see actual documents released. Not that those can't have mistakes or misinformation, but it's the closest we're going to get to the bud.

How do we trust anything published by anyone anymore? <modsnip>

Just a little piece that proves once again that news articles via MSM may or may not contain the truth. Or, they may contain different truths. Oh, wait! I think those are called errors. Do people even write articles anymore? Does anybody proofread or edit MSM articles? Have printed newspapers done away with actual writers, proofreaders and editors, too, or is it just online fluff. Is everything patched together by robot and it's from other outlets that have done the same thing so it's regurgitating the same misinformation. Is this crap writing only found online? This is nothing related to this case other than the fact that MSM pretty much puts a bunch of words out there without verifying anything. It's an article about a billfish killing someone. At the beginning, the man's name is provided, the billfish is 3 ft long with a 3 ft bill, weighs 40 lbs. Later in the article, it's a 30 lb.er and the bills can get up to 1 ft long and says the man's identity has not been released.

No need to follow the link - it's just to backup to my comment.

How do we trust anything that's published these days?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/2...ll-after-jumping-in-water-to/?intcmp=trending

END OF RANT.

Still laughing.....thanks for the rant. I enjoyed it.

This is why we want to see actual documents released. Not that those can't have mistakes or misinformation, but it's the closest we're going to get to the bud.

How do we trust anything published by anyone anymore? <modsnip>

Just a little piece that proves once again that news articles via MSM may or may not contain the truth. Or, they may contain different truths. Oh, wait! I think those are called errors. Do people even write articles anymore? Does anybody proofread or edit MSM articles? Have printed newspapers done away with actual writers, proofreaders and editors, too, or is it just online fluff. Is everything patched together by robot and it's from other outlets that have done the same thing so it's regurgitating the same misinformation. Is this crap writing only found online? This is nothing related to this case other than the fact that MSM pretty much puts a bunch of words out there without verifying anything. It's an article about a billfish killing someone. At the beginning, the man's name is provided, the billfish is 3 ft long with a 3 ft bill, weighs 40 lbs. Later in the article, it's a 30 lb.er and the bills can get up to 1 ft long and says the man's identity has not been released.

No need to follow the link - it's just to backup to my comment.

How do we trust anything that's published these days?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/2...ll-after-jumping-in-water-to/?intcmp=trending

END OF RANT.

MSM has never claimed to be perfect but factual errors are not lies if they are not intentional.
There is a distinct difference between a "clarification" and a "retraction."

JMO

Robert Hodge, a former vice president at American Iron Works, said his boss was a “gentle man” who was not an aloof chief executive. Hodge said Savopoulos had an open-door policy and made it a point to meet with workers when he went to job sites. Savvas often showed up to work in jeans.

That human touch was paired with a formidable work ethic and attention to detail, Hodge said. Savvas toiled long hours and had an intimate knowledge of each of the company’s projects. Hodge described Savvas and his father as the soul of the company.

The elder Savopoulos has stepped back into the role of running the company with Savvas’s death. Hodge said he didn’t know how Philip Savopoulos was coping. Family members declined to comment for this report.

“Losing him is hard to take,” Hodge said. “A little piece of our hearts are gone.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...5e5e24-0545-11e5-bc72-f3e16bf50bb6_story.html

Thank you. Also from the article it sounds like PS got injured pretty badly since he had to be hospitalized, but it sounds like the plan was that he would have attended school that week...I wonder if he had gone to school that Tuesday and if saying he's missing school due to that was part of the kidnapping:
During Philip’s final race on May 3, Amy and Savvas went to Phoenix to support him. While rounding the track, Philip slammed his go-kart into the back of another that had stopped.

Howard said Philip suffered a mild concussion and sprained knees. He was taken to the hospital, creating stressful moments for the family.

The next week was spent nursing Philip back to health. Amy’s last post on Facebook came on the night of Monday, May 11: “And little P makes three with concussions,” she told her friends. “First day back to St. Albans on Tuesday. Let’s cross our fingers that it’s a different experience there. #feeling motivated.”

Three days later she, Savvas and Philip would be dead.
I also wonder who else AS is referring to about the other concussions, like if AS herself or SS had been injured as well and if that could have been a factor in gaining control of the house.

Robert Hodge, a former vice president at American Iron Works, said his boss was a &#8220;gentle man&#8221; who was not an aloof chief executive. Hodge said Savopoulos had an open-door policy and made it a point to meet with workers when he went to job sites. Savvas often showed up to work in jeans.

That human touch was paired with a formidable work ethic and attention to detail, Hodge said. Savvas toiled long hours and had an intimate knowledge of each of the company&#8217;s projects. Hodge described Savvas and his father as the soul of the company.

The elder Savopoulos has stepped back into the role of running the company with Savvas&#8217;s death. Hodge said he didn&#8217;t know how Philip Savopoulos was coping. Family members declined to comment for this report.

&#8220;Losing him is hard to take,&#8221; Hodge said. &#8220;A little piece of our hearts are gone.&#8221;

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...5e5e24-0545-11e5-bc72-f3e16bf50bb6_story.html

&#8220;They were very proud of their kids,&#8221; Manatos said. &#8220;The kids were their lives.&#8221; (Sigh.....so sad)

Wow, so this contradicts all thoughts we had that Philip missed school Wed. He was in school it appears. Hmm

Thank you. Also from the article it sounds like PS got injured pretty badly since he had to be hospitalized, but it sounds like the plan was that he would have attended school that week...I wonder if he had gone to school that Tuesday and if saying he's missing school due to that was part of the kidnapping:

I also wonder who else AS is referring to about the other concussions, like if AS herself or SS had been injured as well and if that could have been a factor in gaining control of the house.

I believe Philip was 3 means the third child...it mentions her daughters previously had concussions

I downloaded pictures early on of JTW wearing jeans and shoes that looked like the person in the video, then felt bad about it and removed them. I did wonder if it might have been him. If things went not-as-planned, assuming there was a plan, and JW found out DW had killed the family, he could have burned the car right near DW's address on purpose.

"Police searched Wint&#8217;s parent&#8217;s home in Lanham, Prince George&#8217;s County &#8212; just a short drive from where they found the victims&#8217; burning Porsche. Police say surveillance video shows Wint running from that scene."

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/...-details-in-mysterious-killings-of-dc-family/

If the transcript is as accurate as that blog post, he's going to need the fact checker/editor a lot...
I agree - the bar is a lot lower than I thought to be considered MSM. We could all create blogs tonight, post our opinions and information gathered from public sources, MSM and forums, and voilà!

There has been a slow, but massive change in journalism where there has been considerable downsizing (less room for journalists and staff that fact-checks journalists) and in increasing move to digital and that's been as the new business model to hope to profit as print journalism is seen as dying. This both opens things up as it reduces barriers to entry and can increase journalist independence but it also means there's more sloppiness as those involved no longer have the resources those in the industry once did.

Wow! Well that is new news to me! PS did go to school on Thursday? What does AS mean by crossing fingers and hoping it is a different experience? Can we find out what time his school let out?

I thought LE identified Wint as the Man Running From Burning Porsche.

Looking for link

They did, early on when Lanier announced Wint's name, etc. The guy in the video looks less stocky than Wint. But you are right about LE saying they thought it was him. It just doesn't look like him to me... :)

I think she means he is the 3rd child/person to have a concussion in the family but not all right then. jmo

They did, early on when Lanier announced Wint's name, etc. The guy in the video looks less stocky than Wint. But you are right about LE saying they thought it was him. It just doesn't look like him to me... :)

I agree...I suppose they know better than us, but he doesn't appear to have the stocky build of DW

I don't think we know where he lives. His/his mother's house has been on the market for about a month.

But he is 28. Wouldn't he live with his girlfriend or rent a room with some roommates?

This still confuses me, because I thought that it was in the doc that the manilla envelope was left in the car in the garage?

JW said he left the manila envelope filled with money in the red car. According to CD, the manila envelope was in JW's car.

This was discussed way back on thread #2 or #3. On Amy S. Facebook it refers to her older daughters concussions. Need the way back machine to search.

Wow! Well that is new news to me! PS did go to school on Thursday? What does AS mean by crossing fingers and hoping it is a different experience? Can we find out what time his school let out?

It's huge news to me as well. For a long time I thought him staying him may have been part of a ruse and that the kidnapping may have been going on longer than 6 PM on 5/13. What this is saying is that the night before (5/11) PS was to start school (5/12) that he'd be there. PS may well have felt very bad on 5/12 and/5/13, but his injury was on 5/3 so a considerable amount of time had passed from it. Given this message that PS was going to be at school on 5/12, I think that really strongly hints that the kidnapping may have been going on longer than the official timeline stretching for instance into the early morning of 5/13 or even sometime on 5/12. There hasn't been enough detail as to how the S family was acting and what they were doing on these days, like it's really not clear to me what SS was doing on Wednesday and who he was doing it with (like did JW drive him to the dojo?) as well as not knowing if and when NG was at the S house on Wednesday given how she went to the dojo that day. Like Petit, SS could have been a hostage in a home invasion that was let outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces