DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they have his phone...that is how they knew about the "flurry of calls" and that his last call was to JW at 11:54. I also believe that is how they knew JW "lied" about being contacted Wednesday night, not Thursday morning.

Is it also possible that they knew about the flurry of calls from interviews with other witnesses/employees? I would love for them to have SS' phone, but that hasn't been released. If DW was using it to communicate with anyone, I would think he would want to make sure it was destroyed in one of the fires.

When I click on link it gives me this:

HTTP Status 404
Cache Status [ACTIVE] Active

/local/crime/police-investigating-package-filled-with-cash-dropped-off-at-door-of-slain-family/2015/05/20/a100af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.ht
MÈthode Portal Server / 2.2.7

"On May 15, the day after the killings, the personal assistant called the veteran American Iron Works employee’s cellphone “and was crying,” according to the police documents. The assistant “stated that he had dropped off a package” at the Savopoulos house on May 14, on his way to Chantilly, the documents say."

From The Washington Post I'll try to link again:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

Is it also possible that they knew about the flurry of calls from interviews with other witnesses/employees? I would love for them to have SS' phone, but that hasn't been released. If DW was using it to communicate with anyone, I would think he would want to make sure it was destroyed in one of the fires.

Probably. But LE does not need the phone to see who was contacted. Just the records from the provider.

Well, according to his bio he was nominated for a Pulitzer by the Wall Street Journal...

The article says:

This is from the National Press Club where he was a panelist at an event of theirs:
Nate Thayer, an investigative journalist who spent 25 years as a foreign correspondent, much of that based in Asia. Thayer’s reporting has earned him the World Press Award, the British Press Scoop of the Year Award, the Francis Frost Wood Award for Courage in Journalism and a nomination for a Pulitzer by The Wall Street Journal. Thayer hit a nerve with journalists last March when he posted an e-mail exchange with an editor at The Atlantic, who asked him to write an article based on a blog post for free. His blog can be found at here.
https://www.press.org/news-multimed...itor-added-nov-18-panel-how-make-blogging-pay

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...7-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html?tid=sm_fb

"On May 15, the day after the killings, the personal assistant called the veteran American Iron Works employee’s cellphone “and was crying,” according to the police documents. The assistant “stated that he had dropped off a package” at the Savopoulos house on May 14, on his way to Chantilly, the documents say."

Much more at link.

Thanks. The day after the murder, the media was all over this story. This begs the question Is he needing to place himself at the house because the Porche was seen at the house at 10:30 AM and the other AIW worker who gave him the money knew he was driving the Porche?

JMO

Even if phone were physically destroyed, LE can still find out what calls/texts were made

Wonder how long it has been empty. Also sounds like JW's mom left work immediately after the murders. Was she told she could be in danger? Why would that remain her current address when she's not there? The fact that JW and DW are linked by current addresses of close family that live one block away from each other is WILD. I guess it could be a coincidence, but certainly one of the craziest coincidences ever. I am sure LE are NOT rolling their eyes and saying "yeah, like that means anything," right?

The fact that the burning Porche was found nearby is also a tad incriminating.

JMO

Also, in charging docs, W1 makes absolutely no mention of ever coaching PS. You'd think someone with such a high opinion of himself (I saw his many SM sites before they were removed/made private) would make sure to include that.

W1 is not the one writing the charging docs and they are not so much about him but about DW. He wouldn't be saying oh make sure you include that I coached his son. I don't think he had much to say about what went in. And he probably didn't care for what did go in. His lying.

They worked for AIW a decade apart.

Their fathers lived in the same neighborhood. And I have lived in small complexes, and never knew anyone except the 3 other occupants that shared my alcove. Even then, I only knew them in passing, when I was out with my dogs or coming to/from the car. I wouldn't even borrow a cup of sugar from one of them...I would just head to the store.

That makes them "more in common than not"??? I hope no one in my neighborhood kills someone. I would hate to be a suspect because I had a conversation when I was out walking my dogs!

And that doesn't scream common criminal to me. In fact, it doesn't say criminal at all. That AFAIK is not a "criminal" offense. It is a moving violation. Someone with gang ties, with a long rap sheet, is IMO not running in the same circles as someone who has been racing most of his life.

But thanks for that information.

W1 hasn't been racing most of his life. He first took a stunt driver class when he was 18 (according to his bio. Website since removed. but I have a screen shot.)

Any google maps or google earth photos are 1-3 years old. They are not contemporaneous, and so any info derived from them is 1-3 years old (although possibly still helpful.)

And if you look at the bottom, it tells you when image was taken. These were taken May 2014. Google has been doing that for some time now.

I believe they took the Mosler long before they towed the other cars. I have no link for proof of this.

So they would have to move cars in evidence to get the Mosler out, then move them back? Hmmm.

I wonder what JW did for Imagine Lifestyles and if that could be another link to Wint.

This is why we want to see actual documents released. Not that those can't have mistakes or misinformation, but it's the closest we're going to get to the bud.

How do we trust anything published by anyone anymore? <modsnip>

Just a little piece that proves once again that news articles via MSM may or may not contain the truth. Or, they may contain different truths. Oh, wait! I think those are called errors. Do people even write articles anymore? Does anybody proofread or edit MSM articles? Have printed newspapers done away with actual writers, proofreaders and editors, too, or is it just online fluff. Is everything patched together by robot and it's from other outlets that have done the same thing so it's regurgitating the same misinformation. Is this crap writing only found online? This is nothing related to this case other than the fact that MSM pretty much puts a bunch of words out there without verifying anything. It's an article about a billfish killing someone. At the beginning, the man's name is provided, the billfish is 3 ft long with a 3 ft bill, weighs 40 lbs. Later in the article, it's a 30 lb.er and the bills can get up to 1 ft long and says the man's identity has not been released.

No need to follow the link - it's just to backup to my comment.

How do we trust anything that's published these days?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/2...ll-after-jumping-in-water-to/?intcmp=trending

END OF RANT.

Robert Hodge, a former vice president at American Iron Works, said his boss was a &#8220;gentle man&#8221; who was not an aloof chief executive. Hodge said Savopoulos had an open-door policy and made it a point to meet with workers when he went to job sites. Savvas often showed up to work in jeans.

That human touch was paired with a formidable work ethic and attention to detail, Hodge said. Savvas toiled long hours and had an intimate knowledge of each of the company&#8217;s projects. Hodge described Savvas and his father as the soul of the company.

The elder Savopoulos has stepped back into the role of running the company with Savvas&#8217;s death. Hodge said he didn&#8217;t know how Philip Savopoulos was coping. Family members declined to comment for this report.

&#8220;Losing him is hard to take,&#8221; Hodge said. &#8220;A little piece of our hearts are gone.&#8221;

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...5e5e24-0545-11e5-bc72-f3e16bf50bb6_story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1