DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had this conversation. It takes mere seconds to snap a picture. It could have been done while he was sitting at a light, which happens a lot in DC. We have absolutely no idea that the photo was taken in the Mosler, and I would be very surprised that it was. Especially since the red bag was not left in the Mosler, but the money was in a Manilla envelope.

And while we don't know when the text was sent, again that takes a matter of seconds. I can snap a pic of my dog and send a text of it to my friend in less than 10 seconds. If I add dialogue of what my dog is doing, increase that to maybe 20 seconds.

Actually the conversation last time was specifically about the photo being taken while he was on his there given the time given for the photos but someone just recently brought up that the bank could have been opened before lobby hours, so I'm now saying that could mean the photos were taken inside the Mosler and if they got the money before bank hours that would also alter the longer term timeline. My whole point in bringing it is that this is an unknown and that could be why LE is taking such an interest in JW and pointing out his lies. Also BTW we don't know that the money was left in the envelope or that the bag wasn't left there as that is purely JW's claim that it was left in the envelope with LE specifically stating there wasn't any evidence of an envelope.

Someone brought this up earlier...and it made sense to me...the Manilla envelope was in the Mosler.

SS (could have) told JW to put the money in the seat of the Mosler, where he had left a Manilla envelope. The person who brought this up said it was in the charging documents. I read those a couple of times, but they were so chopped up and confusing, that I haven't gone back to verify this.

Yes, that is what JW claims not that LE confirms it.

Being the driver, and being responsible for gassing up the cars, etc, he might have had a key to the garage. JMO
It was mentioned in news casts that the family often left the garage door open, now whether that was both day and night I don't know, and that they were not overly cautious about security.

Yes and we have doofus who is taking pictures and texting someone about it. Perhaps the banker let them in before lobby hours and the text was sent after the drop-off with the pictures inside SS's car and that to me raises interesting questions, which if that was a case it would make him less of a doofus and more serious about completing the mission, but then wonder what had been going on since around 9 AM for him to be called at noon and the fire to be noticed at 1:15. If the photos are inside Mosler and it looks like there's money missing rather than it being when he got the money with the photos inside the car he was driving that could be what is really setting off LE.

Because I am a suspicious person dealing with minimal information...I pose this thought: how do we REALLY know who Witness 2 is...in regard to this crime. W-1 says he is his girlfriend...but he's not likely to say that she is...say...the person he was TOLD to text the picture to by DW and posse. Does W-2 have any connection to DW or any of his posse on the night of his arrest?

Of course, the exchanges that LE says were with and following the text might prove she is just a girlfriend.

Also, just because calls were coming from or going to SS's PHONE via W-1....does not mean that we can be confidant that it was SS on the other end of the line. The call that was made 10 minutes before arrival could have alerted DW to get someone down to the garage to get the money.

No proof the money was ever in the car is sort of hinted at in the charging doc...no bag, envelope, wrappers, NADA.

Maybe it was a handoff in the security of the garage.

The "unanswered" call from SS's phone could have been the signal...we're wrapping up here.

We only have W-1's word at this point...for many of these pesky details. And LE has made it a matter of public record that he lies.

So any explanation W-1 gives, must be treated, until we have further information and/or police clear him...only as credible as the "Zanny the Nanny" tale by another fabulist.

i remain skeptical but open to being completely wrong.

We don't know what we would do, but after seeing what happened to this family, it makes me realize that it is a good idea to have a plan in place if, God forbid, the unthinkable should ever happen. Parents need to have these conversations, because they won't have a chance to communicate candidly & strategically plan together once they are under siege. Mind you, there is a next to nothing chance this will ever happen to your family, but as someone who knew the Savopouloses quite well and lived nearby, I never thought this would happen to anyone in my neighborhood, much less my friends.

Someone brought this up earlier...and it made sense to me...the Manilla envelope was in the Mosler.

SS (could have) told JW to put the money in the seat of the Mosler, where he had left a Manilla envelope. The person who brought this up said it was in the charging documents. I read those a couple of times, but they were so chopped up and confusing, that I haven't gone back to verify this.

Charging document.. manilla envelope was in IT's car, per IT (W-1's car) HTH

ETA: Many folks have been asking if there was ANOTHER car in the garage. This statement, in the charging document, is saying THE car in the garage. Easy for LE to verify only one car in garage, so I'm :moo: there was not another one in the garage as folks have been *discussing* may have been

Charging Documents #2.JPG

More importantly, why would they care enough about this lie to put it an official doc. ? There is more to the story that we don't know.

Not sure if locked or unlocked is important here. Why put in doc?

Generic ex: LE questions a witness What color shirt did X wear? and Wit first says Red, later says Blue. LE may already have surv cam vid showing X wore a yellow shirt.LE would note both answers & info may go in charging doc re other def's charges, like it did here.
If this Wit is later charged, then at trial, prosecutor may use both stmts to show his differing answers, implying he's a liar, or to question his memory or powers of observation.

Then again, locked or unlocked may be a crucial point for other reasons.
IDK what.

We don't know what we would do, but after seeing what happened to this family, it makes me realize that it is a good idea to have a plan in place if, God forbid, the unthinkable should ever happen. Parents need to have these conversations, because they won't have a chance to communicate candidly & strategically plan together once they are under siege. Mind you, there is a next to nothing chance this will ever happen to your family, but as someone who knew the Savopouloses quite well and lived nearby, I never thought this would happen to anyone in my neighborhood, much less my friends.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I am heartbroken for them and I don't even know them.

Actually the conversation last time was specifically about the photo being taken while he was on his there given the time given for the photos but someone just recently brought up that the bank could have been opened before lobby hours, so I'm now saying that could mean the photos were taken inside the Mosler and if they got the money before bank hours that would also alter the longer term timeline. My whole point in bringing it is that this is an unknown and that could be why LE is taking such an interest in JW and pointing out his lies. Also BTW we don't know that the money was left in the envelope or that the bag wasn't left there as that is purely JW's claim that it was left in the envelope with LE specifically stating there wasn't any evidence of an envelope.

Well, I think it is a fair assumption that LE asked about the red bag and he was able to produce it.

And yes, LE pointed out that no money or Manilla envelope was left in the Mosler...because DDW had taken it. It was after all in the charging documents. So they stated what JW did with the money, and that it is no longer there - therefore, "proving" kidnapping for ransom.

Someone posted yesterday this home belongs to the Australian Embassy (either owned by the Embassy, or the home of the Australian Ambassador). So it makes perfect sense there are cameras.

But that is quite a distance to the SS home...even though it is just across the street. I doubt they are pointed to the SS home, and are more pointed at the surrounding grounds.

Though I have no doubt that LE has investigated this angle. But I would suspect there is nothing on it, because DW and his cohorts (if they exist) would not have been seen on it.

Can I be petty for a minute? That chain link fencing surprises me - even if it is black. I would think they would have rod iron fencing, like is seen next door. Chain link fencing is and looks cheap (don't take offense, that is why I have on my backyard! LOL!!)

The home and cameras might be a distance from the street and S's home. But at least one of the camera's is likely pointing towards the street and might capture anyone making entrance to the garage which could be used to prove or disprove JW's account of leaving the money in the car in the garage when he said he did or when cars came and went. Grainy or not you would still see if someone like the garage door opening and closing.

I'm still not convinced JW even left the money in the car. His story makes more sense if you think that he didn't and that is why he came up with different accounts of how he handled the money and lied about what he did in the garage. I would imagine after JW thought about what he had told LE about located the key to the car, unlocked it, placing the money on the seat and put the key back, that he would be caught in a lie when LE found the car unlocked and the key possibly in the ignition. JW had to cover his butt so he changed his story. You don't just forget about something like if you had to unlock the car or not.

JMO

Great article... except for the part where the author states Wint's fingerprints were found on the Domino Box. WRONG. His DNA was found on the crust... which leads me to question everything in the article. Not a reputable source... take any new information "discovered" in the article as creative writing.

((Serena)) So sorry that this happened to your neighbors and your friends the Savopouloses and Veralicia Figueroa :rose: I see that you joined in 2013 and this is only your third post. I cannot imagine being a member at WS for years, and then something happening to a friend/neighbor to being posting.

:praying: to all that knew them of course.

((Serena))

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Because I am a suspicious person dealing with minimal information...I pose this thought: how do we REALLY know who Witness 2 is...in regard to this crime. W-1 says he is his girlfriend...but he's not likely to say that she is...say...the person he was TOLD to text the picture to by DW and posse. Does W-2 have any connection to DW or any of his posse on the night of his arrest?

Of course, the exchanges that LE says were with and following the text might prove she is just a girlfriend.

Also, just because calls were coming from or going to SS's PHONE via W-1....does not mean that we can be confidant that it was SS on the other end of the line. The call that was made 10 minutes before arrival could have alerted DW to get someone down to the garage to get the money.

No proof the money was ever in the car is sort of hinted at in the charging doc...no bag, envelope, wrappers, NADA.

Maybe it was a handoff in the security of the garage.

The "unanswered" call from SS's phone could have been the signal...we're wrapping up here.

We only have W-1's word at this point...for many of these pesky details. And LE has made it a matter of public record that he lies.

So any explanation W-1 gives, must be treated, until we have further information and/or police clear him...only as credible as the "Zanny the Nanny" tale by another fabulist.

i remain skeptical but open to being completely wrong.

Why on earth would there be any proof the money was in the car??

The reason there was nothing in the car was because DDW had taken it out. Because the Savopoulos family was being help hostage, and a large sum of cash was gathered together in a out of the blue request, that those involved had told police was needed ASAP.

They know that DDW kept the family hostage, because his DNA was found where 4 people were tied up, tortured and killed.

The charging documents had to include how the money got to the house for DDW to take out of the car...because they had to prove kidnapping for ransom. Which is why DW's story is included in the charging documents.

They had SS's phone. They were able to contact all of those people he called that morning to figure out what really happened.

Well, I think it is a fair assumption that LE asked about the red bag and he was able to produce it.

And yes, LE pointed out that no money or Manilla envelope was left in the Mosler...because DDW had taken it. It was after all in the charging documents. So they stated what JW did with the money, and that it is no longer there - therefore, "proving" kidnapping for ransom.

BBM

Exactly. Put this one to bed?

Not sure if locked or unlocked is important here. Why put in doc?

Generic ex: LE questions a witness What color shirt did X wear? and Wit first says Red, later says Blue. LE may already have surv cam vid showing X wore a yellow shirt.LE would note both answers & info may go in charging doc re other def's charges, like it did here.
If this Wit is later charged, then at trial, prosecutor may use both stmts to show his differing answers, implying he's a liar, or to question his memory or powers of observation.

Then again, locked or unlocked may be a crucial point for other reasons.
IDK what.

Maybe JW never dropped off the money....ie, was never there. Just a thought.

Why on earth would there be any proof the money was in the car??

The reason there was nothing in the car was because DDW had taken it out. Because the Savopoulos family was being help hostage, and a large sum of cash was gathered together in a out of the blue request, that those involved had told police was needed ASAP.

They know that DDW kept the family hostage, because his DNA was found where 4 people were tied up, tortured and killed.

The charging documents had to include how the money got to the house for DDW to take out of the car...because they had to prove kidnapping for ransom. Which is why DW's story is included in the charging documents.

They had SS's phone. They were able to contact all of those people he called that morning to figure out what really happened.

What if the money was never put in the car at all?

What if the picture sent from JW to his girlfriend (W2) of the money in the bag was just a code saying "We got the money"

It would be very interesting to know where all the cell phones of these players were when text messages, pictures were sent and calls made. I'm sure LE is looking into that and mapping the locations of cell phone pings to get an idea if everyone was where they say they were. Or if anyone was somewhere they shouldn't have been.

JMO

Why do we think JW was replaced as PS's coach? Is this information in the charging document? I know the family well and AS (who was my good friend and still is my fb friend) posted several photos on her fb profile on May 3 of JW with PS at a Arizona Karting Association where PS was in a race. Looks like JW was coaching PS on May 3rd. EDIT: I stand corrected, I'm looking at the photos from May 3rd and Philip's coach was someone else NOT JW. Sorry for any confusion my post may have caused.

What if the money was never put in the car at all?

What if the picture sent from JW to his girlfriend (W2) of the money in the bag was just a code saying "We got the money"

It would be very interesting to know where all the cell phones of these players were when text messages, pictures were sent and calls made. I'm sure LE is looking into that and mapping the locations of cell phone pings to get an idea if everyone was where they say they were. Or if anyone was somewhere they shouldn't have been.

JMO

Great minds....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members