DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are aware that LE would have spoken to all of those people to know what they were told, right?

Right. JW would be well aware of that fact, too, thus necessitating a call to the AIW employee on Friday saying he delivered the package to the home, sob, sob.

JMO

Had LE revealed that a green neon vest was found burned with the Porsche before W3's
statement?

No. And that's why W-3 is under suspicion. His eyewitness account is much too detailed unless he has a photographic memory. I have lurked on this board for years, and I have never seen where a telephone tipster was "identified" and "located." A phone tipster gives his name and his address. LE does not have to identify or locate him because that information is known to them. He inserted himself into this case with very detailed information about the driver. That's why he is W-3. Why is the "employee" so designated in the affidavit? W-1 and W-2 are employees, too.

BBM. Where do you get the idea that someone who noticed the Porche was far away? Couldn't have been someone right next to the Porche in traffic?

I meant far away from the home (12 miles away), not his distance from the car.

No. And that's why W-3 is under suspicion. His eyewitness account is much too detailed unless he has a photographic memory. I have lurked on this board for years, and I have never seen where a telephone tipster was "identified" and "located." A phone tipster gives his name and his address. LE does not have to identify or locate him because that information is known to them. He inserted himself into this case with very detailed information about the driver. That's why he is W-3. Why is the "employee" so designated in the affidavit? W-1 and W-2 are employees, too.

Man, I am so confused! Is W-3 the AIW employee or the telephone tipster about seeing the Porsche on Thursday afternoon?

But what did DW need this truck for?

I'm sure he was employed by the company that serviced a fleet of cars. He was probably still on the job when he agreed to follow his friends wherever they were going. His car was probably at his job. The truck is insignificant or it would have been mentioned in the affidavit and we would be talking about the driver who is not mentioned in the affidavit either.

So you are saying you think it means something that they had to id and locate W1 also, and it isn't just the way they word the CD?

No. LE had a photo of the car out and was asking people to contact them if they saw this car. Car is very distinctive. It's not surprising to me a witness came forward who saw the car.

I see Porsches on the road every day. A 2008 Porsche is no more distinctive than any other expensive car on the road in D.C. Do you see expensive cars on the road where you live? Can you remember the drivers; their hair, and what they were wearing?

I'm sure he was employed by the company that serviced a fleet of cars. He was probably still on the job when he agreed to follow his friends wherever they were going. His car was probably at his job. The truck is insignificant or it would have been mentioned in the affidavit and we would be talking about the driver who is not mentioned in the affidavit either.

It is mentioned in a supplement to the affidavit.

I believe a woman was driving. The two men were in the back with the money and the money orders. They had just come from a motel, nobody was "at a job." The police spotted the car and the truck in the parking lot of the motel.

I think we will find out much more as the full scope of the case is revealed. But thank you for your personal opinion.

I see Porsches on the road every day. A 2008 Porsche is no more distinctive than any other expensive car on the road in D.C. Do you see expensive cars on the road where you live? Can you remember the drivers; their hair, and what they were wearing?

If they're driving erratically, you'd look at them, and notice a green safety vest. You may then remember the snapshot of what they looked like in your head. But I don't know.

Please read the charging document more carefully. Nowhere does it say that W-3 left a tip. I think it more likely that W-3 was in traffic, was concerned about the erratic driving and reported it to 911. W-3 gave the specific location of the vehicle and it was headed toward Maryland. Nothing at all suspicious about W-3's account. The affidavit also mentions the employee of the Pizza shop being interviewed and what that employee said.

JMO

:tyou: again. Still don't know how to add to previous dots.... but was able to do screen shots of the home/where sited(Just did the street and voila)/and the porsche burning and here is screen cap from google maps

View attachment 75634

:thinking: still. How did someone note that SPECIFIC car driving erratically and then tied back to this case so quickly. I would assume cameras on that route big time :dunno:

ETA: I would have added the site where they were eventually pulled over, but don't have that info handy on an address to plug into this.

ETA#2: I also left off New York Avenue from the mapping, and it ALSO gives that route as the quickest route from the house to the Church FWIW

I would guess that after LE asked for tips from anyone who'd seen the missing Porsche, someone called LE and told what they saw. LE thought it was a pretty good lead (and they were right since the green vest was found in the burning Porsche.) Just a guess.

I think most folks on the road who see any car being driven erratically dials 911 and reports it. I've done it many, many times.

JMO

So your opinion is the W-3 is "under suspicion" by LE?

Since that awful Taconic Parkway crash, where the Aunt ended up killing all those children...I have called twice from the car while my husband was driving...to report someone I thought was "driving erratically" and possibly drunk. I don't want to be their victim, nor do I want anyone else to be.

It does not take a "photographic memory" to call in and say..."Hey, we are on mile number x of Highway *advertiser censored*....and there's a car out here weaving in and out, driving erratically, ...it's a ( description) driving it and the car is a (description.)"

Maybe that's how it went down. Maybe the call was not even connected to the crime...just the poor, scary driving. LE only says "erratic driving."

Personally, I think it's one of the "mistakes" LE referred to. And whether you think it is God, or karma...I think every one of these "people" will pay mightily. These things that help disclose their identities happened for a reason. I hope they are wetting their pants, waiting to be pulled in.

I

I believe a woman was driving. The two men were in the back with the money and the money orders. They had just come from a motel, nobody was "at a job." The police spotted the car and the truck in the parking lot of the motel.

I think we will find out much more as the full scope of the case is revealed. But thank you for your personal opinion.

3 men and 2 women were taken in that night. 2 of the women were with Wint so I don't see how a woman could have been driving the truck.

Not speaking on behalf of jjenny, but answering based on own experience.

If W/S has pix of that Porsche from all angles, is nothing distinctive?
Sometimes we (gen'l we) see a car w distinctive decals, bumper stickers, items on dash, or rear windscreen, or hang-a-doodle from rearview mirror, maybe key-marked along passenger rear quarter, etc.
Something like that might catch my attn, and make me look more carefully than usu at driver. Perhaps carefully enough to remember hours or days later.

Otherwise, I'd rarely remember much about a car - 'Officer, it was blue, had four wheels, and I'm pretty sure it was a two-door.' LOL, but not kidding (not much). JM2ct, could be wrong.

All I can add is that JW's page was cached on May 10th - long before the crime. So nothing was removed from his page that isn't there now.

DW's was cached May 28th, long after he was in jail. His page was removed by FB, not anyone who had his password. And if someone had his password to delete some common interest, I would think they would have deleted the whole thing, like JW did. I have no proof of that.

How do you know if Facebook removes a page rather than the page owner? Do they put up a different notice? And why would Facebook remove someone's page? I thought they tried to stay out of "policing" pages, or they would be expected to monitor everyone's pages.

Also, if JW's page was cached on May 10th, stuff could have been added since then. The caches I see don't give all the "likes" in a category - just up to the four. One has to click on the category to get the entire list, so just because something doesn't show up on these cached pages, doesn't mean it wasn't on the live ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1