DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like the AIW employee who went to the bank with JW would know what car he was in, but it wasn't mentioned. It seems that is the likely car that he drove to drop off the money in. If it were the Porsche, that brings up a lot of questions. If it's his own car, that bodes better for him to be separated from that car during those couple days. Would be great to know.

If it was the Porsche, it brings up the big question of when did he obtain it. I doubt SS allowed him to take the car home overnight. So we don't know how SS arrived home that night and we don't know what car JW was driving the next morning when he picked up the package at the bank but police know.

JMO

It is a kidnapping, hostage situation, torture and murder of a child, interstate transport of extortion money involving a business= federal crime=death penalty.

JW may have been in the vehicles but I seriously doubt he was ever in the family's garage prior to the date of the crime. I think he was worried because the vehicle he was driving that day was the Porche and it was seen parked on the street. Thus the story placing himself at the house. Yet one more mistake he made.

JMO

Ah, so you mean the reason that JW would want to be in VA. That makes sense. Sorry, i thought you said something about SS wanting to make sure the money got to VA. That was the part I was trying to figure out. As far as the garage, I'm a little confused. If he'd never been in the garage and he delivered money to VA, then he wouldn't have to say he was in the garage to explain any DNA in there? It's probably just late! I'll think more tomorrow at some point! :)

Thanks for pointing this out. This does indeed show that LE believes that JW delivered the money to the house. Not to some other place. (They might have video of this for all we know.) But they are definitely not using objective language when it comes to the details of the drop off in the car, which is only significant because the drop off were actually made inside or in person with DW instead of the garage, that would be incriminating for JW. And for some reason they doubted his story and he lied about it, so something's up.

I think all that shows is that LE believes the family was murdered after the money was supposedly delivered to the house.

JMO

Ah, so you mean the reason that JW would want to be in VA. That makes sense. Sorry, i thought you said something about SS wanting to make sure the money got to VA. That was the part I was trying to figure out. As far as the garage, I'm a little confused. If he'd never been in the garage and he delivered money to VA, then he wouldn't have to say he was in the garage to explain any DNA in there? It's probably just late! I'll think more tomorrow at some point! :)

SS would want the money delivered to VA to ensure it was the Interstate transport of money.

JW is a liar.

JMO

This is just bad reporting. 5 people were arrested, including Wint. 4 were released. There were only 4 people with Wint: 2 men and 2 women. Today's reporters are not very good journalists.

How do you know for certain FR? We can only go by the reports in MSM or what the police reveal so how are you so sure? Do you have a link please? It doesn't really matter whether there was four or five but I'd like to know how you know as you quote it here. I am way behind so I could very well have missed this. Thank you.

Edited to add
Forget this post FR, I've just re-read your post again and understand what you're saying.

FIO as I don't believe this info is really relevant but

I typed 3120, Woodland Drive into Google Maps and then onto Streetview. On 'walking' back up WD and looking right just on the approach to the crossroads, over on the SS drive looks to be a deep red Bentley, I think it's a Mulsanna. I've seen often the other four cars on street view but this is the only time, taking different approaches to the house do I see the Bentley. Well, at least I think its the Bentley.

I also saw this on Google street view. It is not a Mulsanne but rather a Flying Spur. Of course none of this is relevant to a murder investigation but it is still interesting to see how much Google street view captures over time. From Google street view you can capture an image of the Blue Porsche 911 convertible , the Audi convertible, and the two Land Rovers. The only car not visible is the $700,000 Mosler parked inside the garage.

MOD NOTE

If you are posting as FACT, please back it up with a link approved by Websleuths. If you are posting your opinion, please state it's your opinion.

If you're not sure, contact a Mod.

Thank you.

IIRC, MSM reported DDW or someone from his entourage (not MSM wording) had been to front desk and asked for non-smoking room(s). The non-smoking request caught my attn, because I had seen DDW's SM, w ciggy in his hand. I think I even posted about then.

Poss nobody had checked in at that time or ever? Maybe w their parking lot meet up they thought they were drawing too much attn, so sent someone to reception to to ask about rooms, as a ruse. Or not. IDK.
Sorry no link.

Here's the link to what you were referring to above

HTH

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3092208/Police-catch-prime-suspect-brutal-family-murder-near-home-address-Northeast-DC.html

An accomplice is believed to have booked a room at the Howard Johnson Express Inn around 2pm Thursday.

A source at the hotel said the man walked inside reception and asked for a non-smoking double room for one night. He paid $126 plus tax in cash and was required to show staff his ID.

Staff assigned him room number 412, which officers accessed for clues following Wint's arrest.

Thanks to both of you for this interesting detail. IIRC, they were spotted by police in the parking lot at about 11PM. So they had the room since 2PM.

That could mean it served as a meeting place where the group gathered until DW showed up. The ride from NYC...6-7 hours maybe...still a lot of time...doing WHAT?

I wonder what time the taxi dropped him off? Why did they need a room so far in advance? I wonder what kind of car/truck the man who booked the room was driving?

I would believe that it just took a long time to actually convince him to turn himself in and that they were just doing a good deed....except for that money, and the admission that they were helping to convert the money into money orders. DW was not going to need money at the police station. LE would be happy to take the stolen cash in any form, no need to change it into money orders.

And that truck....too hinky.

Anyway, that's my opinion at this point.

I wish police followed them to see where they were going. Of course I understand why police couldn't take that chance.

Because the perp not only allowed the pizza delivery to the front porch, he also sampled the pizza. The interior of the garage offered far more risk to the perp than the front porch.

JMO

I am not sure why you think this. Even though the garage is connected to the home it is not a part of the living area inside the home. The entry doors from the garage leading into the home itself are substantial doors and are as secure as all the entry doors into the home.

There would be no risk to the suspect by having the money placed inside one of the cars there in the enclosed garage. It may have been the vehicle at the time the suspect was planning to leave the scene in or it simply may have been a way for the money to be dropped off sight unseen from the street.

Leaving two pizzas on the front porch when it is dark outside is one thing but leaving 40K cash laying on the front porch in broad daylight would be rather foolish since someone from inside the home would have to retrieve the money where others could see them. He would not chance letting one of his victims outside on the porch knowing they could run to get help. By then the victims could have been beaten and bloody.

But if left in the garage it didn't matter if it was daylight or not when the drop off was made because he could have had them all bound up by then and all he had to do is step out in the garage and take the money out of the vehicle sight unseen from the street. He may have even retrieved the money on his way out after killing his victims and setting fire to the home. He would see JW drive up for the delivery.

Using the inside of the garage for the drop off offered far less risk of being seen retrieving the blood money.

I am loving this site. My husband and I spent half a road trip discussing this. If I can, I'd like to really back up and look at the big picture. Those who don't believe JW was involved, do you think there was at least another insider, even if not JW? Millionaires are a dime a dozen in DC...why the S family? Yes, I get he worked there..10 years ago. I just don't see that connection as the key. I firmly believe he knew JW (not necessarily friends) and JW social media perked his interest. It ended up being coincidence he had worked for the company. Just curious as your thoughts on that? Thoughts and prayers with the family as they lay their loved ones to rest today 😢

We lived for many years in a house on 15 acres of land. The original listing said that the home was "secluded but close to everything." That's exactly what we loved about it! Five minutes to all the shopping, but hidden in our own little woods.

My husband traveled often, so I spent my days and many nights alone in that house, after our children went off to school. I was never afraid. I adored that house. So did my husband and our family. We had great happiness there, wonderful memories. We had "country neighbors" of all demographics. My neighbor, a widower who lived on disability payments, grew tomatoes and left bushels by my door in season. In return, I made those tomatoes into quarts of soup and left them on his doorstep. He plowed me out when snow blocked our long drive.

I would NEVER buy that house today. Not in the world we live in now. There is too much hate, and envy, and easy criminality. There seems to be a mindset, as we see in this horror of a case, that if other people have material possessions and YOU DONT...that THEY have wronged YOU. So therefore brutality is acceptable, even understandable.

I live behind gates now. Everybody is the same.

This is NOT the way it's supposed to be. But I sleep peacefully at night.

We lived for many years in a house on 15 acres of land. The original listing said that the home was "secluded but close to everything." That's exactly what we loved about it! Five minutes to all the shopping, but hidden in our own little woods.

My husband traveled often, so I spent my days and many nights alone in that house, after our children went off to school. I was never afraid. I adored that house. So did my husband and our family. We had great happiness there, wonderful memories. We had "country neighbors" of all demographics. My neighbor, a widower who lived on disability payments, grew tomatoes and left bushels by my door in season. In return, I made those tomatoes into quarts of soup and left them on his doorstep. He plowed me out when snow blocked our long drive.

I would NEVER buy that house today. Not in the world we live in now. There is too much hate, and envy, and easy criminality. There seems to be a mindset, as we see in this horror of a case, that if other people have material possessions and YOU DONT...that THEY have wronged YOU. So therefore brutality is acceptable, even understandable.

I live behind gates now. Everybody is the same.

This is NOT the way it's supposed to be. But I sleep peacefully at night.

I wish we could afford gates lol. I'm the opposite. I live in a neighborhood that's very quiet, houses very close. My husband is gone twice a week and I'm terrified. I put both daughters in my bed, lock my bedroom door, and keep a butcher knife near. My husband thinks I'm crazy, lol maybe I am, but that's just how I feel

It's easy to think of the SS family as a success story, but there are two other amazing success stories in this case, in my opinion. One is Mrs. Figueroa. She left her home and came here and worked hard. She must have saved and made careful choices with her money. She succeeded in putting her children through college and even saved enough to buy her dream retirement house back home. Finally, she would have been reunited with her family and have the ease that her years of hard work EARNED for her.

To me, this woman is an amazing success! I admire her more than I can say. I am infuriated that she was so close to living her dream and it was brutally taken from her.

Another success story to me is DW's father. He too came here to make a better life. He and his wife are highly praised by neighbors in news articles. He has provided a nice home for his family, worked hard, lived an honest life, and should be a role model for anyone, especially his own son.

But, if you read the Facebook pages of DW and many of his friends, they have a whole different value system. They think material possessions are what defines a real man. They think flash and cash make people "respect" them. They feed off this superficiality and encourage it in one another. There is a strong sense of entitlement...of being "owed." They have no respect for the people like VF or DW's father. They don't have hot "rims", gold chains, etc.

This culture is making the world dangerous. Not just for families like SS...but for every demographic, every one of us. But it sure is being fed and promoted by pop culture.

We don't confront it. We move behind gates. Or sleep with knives. Or buy guns.

My opinion only.

It's easy to think of the SS family as a success story, but there are two other amazing success stories in this case, in my opinion. One is Mrs. Figueroa. She left her home and came here and worked hard. She succeeded in putting her children through college and saved enough to buy her dream retirement house back home. Finally, she would have been reunited with her family and have the ease that her years of hard work EARNED for her.

To me, this woman is an amazing success! I admire her more than I can say. I am infuriated that she was so close to living her dream and it was brutally taken from her.

Another success story to me is DW's father. He too come here to make a better life. He and his wife were highly praised by neighbors in news articles. He has provided a nice home for his family and should be a role model for anyone, especially his own son.

But, if you read the Facebook pages of DW and many of his friends, they have a whole different value system. They think material possessions are what defines a real man. They think flash and cash make people "respect" them. They feed off this superficiality and encourage it in one another. There is a strong sense of entitlement...of being "owed." They have no respect for the people like VF or DW's father. They don't have hot "rims", gold chains, etc.

This culture is making the world dangerous. Not just for families like SS...but for every demographic. But it sure is being fed and promoted by pop culture.

We don't confront it. We move behind gates. Or sleep with knives. Or buy guns.

My opinion only.

My heart really breaks about Mrs F too. Just tragic. How do we confront this culture? The only thing I as an individual know to do is protect myself and family.

SS would want the money delivered to VA to ensure it was the Interstate transport of money.

JW is a liar.

JMO
I'm confused, are you suggesting that it wouldn't be Interstate transport if the money taken out of the MD Bank of America were dropped in DC? This is not the case.
I live in Washington DC. Money which is taken out of a bank in Maryland and dropped off in Washington DC is considered Interstate transport just it would be if it were delivered to VA. Although DC isn't a state it crosses state lines when it leaves MD to DC. We in DC have different laws than MD & VA. Case-in-point, you cannot buy a gun in DC; however, it is very easy to buy one in MD & VA which is were most of the guns seem to come from - so interstate transport is a legal issue which is brought up frequently.

It is with heavy heart (and newly bought waterproof mascara) that I'm going to the funeral today. Going to say goodbye to my friends Amy & Savvas and Philip who I have known since he was 4 years old. Tough day ahead. The service is at noon, but it will be packed (DC Mayor Muriel Bowser will be present) and the service is going to be at their church St. Sophia which is large (however, not nearly as large as the Cathedral which is one block over - and the Cathedral did offer to host to better accomodate the public, but the family is very involved w/St. Sophia's). I'm planning on arriving at 10:30 and hope I'll make it inside the church. Getting ready now. Please be sure to pray for the family when at noon.

My heart really breaks about Mrs F too. Just tragic. How do we confront this culture? The only thing I as an individual know to do is protect myself and family.

I have wondered about this. According to LE, 3 out of the 4 victims had stab wounds or blunt force trauma. Was Mrs.F spared in some way? Not to minimize her death and suffering in any way. The poor woman was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Police Chief Cathy Lanier said all four were homicide victims, and at least three of them suffered stab wounds or blunt-force injuries.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...own-attackers-murder-arson.html#ixzz3bofFdS1F
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member