DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it normal for the Secret Service to be involved? Given how AIW worked on the Pentagon, I've wondered if AIW did classified work or maybe the Secret Service is involved because the bank was used.

The SS investigates financial crimes like money laundering and Bank of America did supply the cash. Wint's entourage did have a large sum of money. The SS is going to find the source of that money.

JMO

I wonder if they asked JW to see his phone, he agreed because the texts and photos had already been deleted? The sw was sealed so JW wouldn't know LE were already looking at his records and finding W2. It sounds like he forgot to tell W-2 to delete the photos from her phone. Big mistake on his part.

JMO
These days the most valuable information for LE is in one's data records government agreements with the providers requires the provider to keep:
* customer's cell-site for a minimum of one year (and, in the case of AT&T infinitely).
* text and mms messages content for anywhere from 3 days to one year (varies by provider) this includes messages you've deleted
* Call, text and mms details (date, time, sender's #/recipient #) for anywhere from 1 year to 7 years. This includes items you delete from your call log
* ip session information is kept for a minimum of one year
* ip destination information (your browsing history, regardless of if you delete it or not) is kept for a minimum of 60 days

So lot's of valuable info can be obtained from your provider

Not denying that. But because they got a SW doesn't prove he isn't cooperating with the investigation...

It says he WAS cooperating with the investigation in the document. They said the agent asked to see the assistant's Black I-phone, and the assistant showed them the calls back and forth to SS. So he was cooperating, imo.

Pane of glass broken in French door, boot print on same door. WP report.

Did W1 turn over the now infamous "red bag"?

In the search warrant application for the vehicles, police said they were looking for a red bag used to hold the ransom money, clothing or shoes with blood on them, credit cards and other paperwork from the Savopoulos home, weapons “that could be used to inflict blunt force trauma,” duct tape used to bind hands and feet, digital recordings from surveillance cameras in the home and money wrappers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1c5d44e_story.html?postshare=5361433357837407

so they asked him for his cell phone but he didnt give it to them, so they asked for a search warrent to get it.
yeah, id say that, at that point anyways, he was NOT co-operating.
JMO

It says he WAS cooperating with the investigation in the document. They said the agent asked to see the assistant's Black I-phone, and the assistant showed them the calls back and forth to SS. So he was cooperating, imo.

Exactly.

I wonder if he started out in boots, changed them before he left so he could dispose of them and somehow managed to get one of the victims blood on the shoes he wore out of the house.
jMO - I think it's probably a second person involved.

These days the most valuable information for LE is in one's data records government agreements with the providers requires the provider to keep:
* customer's cell-site for a minimum of one year (and, in the case of AT&T infinitely).
* text and mms messages content for anywhere from 3 days to one year (varies by provider) this includes messages you've deleted
* Call, text and mms details (date, time, sender's #/recipient #) for anywhere from 1 year to 7 years. This includes items you delete from your call log
* ip session information is kept for a minimum of one year
* ip destination information (your browsing history, regardless of if you delete it or not) is kept for a minimum of 60 days

So lot's of valuable info can be obtained from your provider

Does the provider capture and retain photos that have been deleted?

so they asked him for his cell phone but he didnt give it to them, so they asked for a search warrent to get it.
JMO

Respectfully BBM ^^^

I don't think this is a fact yet

JMO

Not true!

The CD states - and I am typing word for word here
During the course of the interview, MPD detectives requested that W-1 provide IT's cellular phone to them. During the interview, W-1 showed detectives a number of text messages and incoming and outgoing calls with Mr. Savopoulous.

He may have been cooperating by answering their questions but that doesn't mean he was telling them the truth.

JMO

JMO

Where did it say he didn't give it to them?

The fact that a side door was kicked in is a bomb shell for me

Yes, I'm trying to figure out how they could do forced entry without someone in the house at least using their phone to call for help before they could take over...I'd think even PS would have his own cell phone and could call on it for help unless he was totally incapacitated by his injury (which would be surprising that he'd have suffered that bad of a set-back unless he re-injured himself at school that Tuesday)...it seems like you'd have to have a lot of people to hurry up and run into all the rooms to subdue the occupants before they could call for help. This goes into more detail, where it sounds like they got there through someone else's property and then went in their yard as neither their garage door entryway nor the front door have French doors:
News4 also learned Wednesday that a French door at the family's home was apparently kicked in, leading authorities to believe that the killer or killers used forced entry to gain access.

A bootprint found on the door was not consistent with the boots worn by D.C. firefighters, authorities said.
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...ch-warrants-cell-phone-records-306025611.html
Maybe the forced entry into an occupied house is why LE is certain DW had accomplices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz