DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and perhaps AS didn't know or have access to the combination(s), leading to the call to SS to come home early.

This could be a real slip up for JW if key to Mosler are indeed kept in the safe. He would then HAVE TO have the combination, and if not... Hmmm who opened the car.
maybe that's why he back tracked his story, car was unlocked? Can't wait to get more information.

Well, the house was built in 1918, so chances are, the safe is a bit more current than that? Maybe I am wrong. But that safe was in the garage. It might not fit in a standard doorway, but I don't see much issue with it being installed through the garage door. Right?

That's probably why it was in the garage. It wouldn't fit through any interior doorways. IMO

Well, the house was built in 1918, so chances are, the safe is a bit more current than that? Maybe I am wrong. But that safe was in the garage. It might not fit in a standard doorway, but I don't see much issue with it being installed through the garage door. Right?

I don't either.

That's probably why it was in the garage. It wouldn't fit through any interior doorways. IMO

Plus from the video it looked huge, I doubt the floor joists on a 1918 home would be able to carry the weight of it. The garage on concrete slab makes sense.

It is long!
But y'all should read it!

hey ladies... this was posted a few days ago. I posted it and then a few other sleuthers posted it. We had a very long discussion and it was finally approved for use in the thread by the mods. Good info indeed. Some not all true so take it with a grain of salt.

Exactly right

Houses built in 1918 didn't typically have attached garages right? Garage would be newer. My thought was a previous owner of the home may have installed a safe in the garage
Or SS could have had it installed...we just don't know

I don't believe LE has the code to the safe yet. jmo

If you withdraw mulitple thousands of dollars from a bank, you are going to get it in $100 stacks. $10K is a bundle. No one is going to count out your $40K in $10's and $20's.

And where are you coming up with the $40K delivery was common knowledge.

This is not true. I have operated a restaurant/nightclub for years. You can ask for the money in whatever denominations you want. Banks have machines that count the straps now for lots of bills. When ordering cash for our change fund or the ATM machine we also ask for used bills so that they do not stick together when handling them.

I stated it was and is my opinion that JW knew about the cash drop, the office trusted employee knew about the drop, JW's g/f knew about the cash and saw a picture or tweet of it (or part of it), and depending on which interview with the HK she stated she knew about the money. So to me that is way too many people knowing about that much cash riding around on the streets of DC not in an armored vehicle.

JMO's

Our family lived in a neighborhood that had street parking passes (stickers) for residents, and we also got hang tag parking passes for guests who were staying longer than 2 hours. We used the hang tags when friends, contractors, cleaning people, etc. came over so that they wouldn't block the rest of us in the driveway. Do neighborhoods in DC have something similar?

We can get guest parking passes for visiting friends or workers, but they are specific to an individual vehicle. So if I have a painter or a friend in town for 2 weeks, I have to give their vehicle make and license plate for the temporary parking pass.

This is not true. I have operated a restaurant/nightclub for years. You can ask for the money in whatever denominations you want. Banks have machines that count the straps now for lots of bills. When ordering cash for our change fund or the ATM machine we also ask for used bills so that they do not stick together when handling them.

I stated it was and is my opinion that JW knew about the cash drop, the office trusted employee knew about the drop, JW's g/f knew about the cash and saw a picture or tweet of it (or part of it), and depending on which interview with the HK she stated she knew about the money. So to me that is way too many people knowing about that much cash riding around on the streets of DC not in an armored vehicle.

JMO's

Do you often ask for $40K at a time in cash? Just curious...

And OK...but that wouldn't be true.

Oookay.... Must have missed it. There's lots discussed ad nauseam but sometimes people miss posts. Still think it's interesting.

I wasn't being rude. Just stating a fact...like another poster did.

ETA - when I come across an article, I always look at the date. Chances are, if it is 5 days old, it has been posted here.

JMO's

JW was told (by text) on Wednesday he had to go pick up the money on Thursday morning. G/f was send a picture on Thursday. It's in the police affidavit. I don't know that you can ask for $40K in any denomination you want on a very short notice.

Serena wrote:

serena, would you be willing to share the general feeling of any family/friends of the Savopoulos family regarding
Witness 1? Do they think he is involved in the kidnapping/murder? Or is he simply the driver who SS trusted to deliver the ransom and lied because of nervousness etc?

Honestly, I have not heard anyone speculate about W1. My good friends and members of our community have all been in mourning for AS, SS, & PS. PS was a classmate of my child for many years, and it has been very hard on the children. We are all going through the stages of grieving and people have refrained from speculating, they are letting LE do their job. The only people I know who would be knowledgable about the W1 situation, would be the family who are taking care of the girls, and they are protecting those girls and doing everything they can to help the girls work through their extraordinary loss. Needless to say, I cannot imagine asking them, and I know they are talking to anyone about the case. They are 150% invested in helping the girls heal.

<modsnip>

I'm sure DW had the combination to both safes! SS would give that up and anything else immediately when a knife is at his child's throat.

Sorry about ^my post causing confusion, as I said, I was running behind.
Someone mentioned poss of JW driver having access to safe to get car keys. As I had just read there was only one safe & it was on the second floor, I questioned whether that was likely. Should have caught up on thread before posting.
Again, sorry.

Yes, agreeing w you now - Mr S w/give combo or open safe for DDW to save child.
Hope that clarifies.

G
I see your point. But then why is it so large.

And if you feel you need to keep any item in a safe, I think the whole idea is to keep those items out of the hands of others. If he didn't mind a new employee of just a few weeks having access, he could have kept the stuff in a kitchen drawer.

He installed that big safe to keep certain items extremely secure.

I'd be keeping my guns and ammo in a large safe like this.

Plus from the video it looked huge, I doubt the floor joists on a 1918 home would be able to carry the weight of it. The garage on concrete slab makes sense.

Safes like that are usually installed on a concrete (if possible) area and lag bolts are bolted into the concrete about 4" deep through the safe (steel plate) floor. Can't get to the bolts unless the safe is opened. Can't be moved without a jackhammer. That safe is going anywhere.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member