DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post Local ‏@postlocal [video=twitter;606172039888674817]https://twitter.com/postlocal/status/606172039888674817[/video]
Police say cell phones stolen from slain Savopoulos family http://wapo.st/1EWP6Mc

The papers from DW arrest state he was arrested with a "bag" in his possession and that that bag owned by the defendant was transported still in the car to the DC Dept of Forensic Sciences.

Unclear what type of bag and no info on contents.
The cell phones? Some of the money? Just his personal possessions?

First time poster here.

I'm new to this website and discovered it in my search for more information on this case specifically.

I've always had an interest in crime, and in fact used to be a police and court reporter. But this crime captivates me, and it feels awful to say I'm glad I found WS and have enjoyed reading the posts about this.

What happened to this family is just so awful, and I guess one of the reasons I am obsessed with it is because this is a family that was just doing the right thing, living and enjoying life...I have two young sons and every time I see Philip's angelic little face, I just about lose it.

So that's one reason I am obsessed with this case...another is that I've always "enjoyed" a compelling murder mystery.

I like that this is a community devoted to opinion-based speculation without (much) judgment.

As I have read every single comment in this thread, all of the news stories, CD/SW/affidavits, etc., my mind still comes back to this: I think JW plotted this whole thing and never meant for this to happen. I think those tears were genuine. He seems like a charismatic guy but probably not smart enough to foresee all that could have gone wrong...especially given that Daron Wint had proven to be a very violent person. Maybe JW had no idea of his past criminal history.

I was also thinking that perhaps JW was coerced into bringing the money...maybe DW knew JW and knew that he could call on him to facilitate this happening.

I do not think that JW necessarily left anything in the car. He may well have walked into the house to give DW the money. Why did LE feel it necessary to specify that no trace of envelope, money, or money wraps were seen in the red car? Why would they be, if the intention was for them to be taken out once JW left?

I also would like to point out that DW has been charged with felony murder of SS...meaning, he wasn't necessarily the brutalizer or torturer...although obviously the blood on his shoe and his past history of claiming he is "good with knives" suggests he probably did engage in violence. However, when I see people talking about how could he do such terrible things...the charge is not that he actually killed SS, it's that SS's death was a homicide that took place during the course of a felony. Just pointing that out. Not defending the monster at all!

I want to know what car JW was driving when he went to the Savapolous house, and went back to Virginia after making the drop.

I feel like maybe when he picked up the money, he took two bundles of cash (was that part of the plan, or did he see the cash and just could not help himself?), took a quick pic and sent it to his girlfriend/W2 saying something along the lines of "LOOK WHAT I GOT" (since he is a known braggart) or maybe even, "the deed is done"?

I can't see her being in on it but the whole thing is very strange so who knows.

Also, where was the Porsche between 1:30 and 5:30? There has to be a witness somewhere who might have a recollection, given all that we know.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts and opinions. I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and pray that this mystery is solved completely, that all involved are punished justly and that this poor family can regain some semblance of a happy life someday.

Jake Tapper CNN:

Tapper: 2 LE sources tell CNN DW linked to the murder (blood on shoe), only one person, DW, inside house when 4 were killed

BBM^^ Can anyone confirm what I heard; wonder if I heard correctly or was just poorly worded

New entry on DW's court docket.

06/03/2015 Order Denying Motion Entered on the Docket Order Denying Motion Entered on the Docket signed in chambers by Judge Winston 6-3-15 ordering that the Motion to Quash Subpoenas is denied as moot. Order docketed and copies forwarded from chambers 6-3-15. VDJ

Does this mean the prosecutors motion to quash subpoena was denied?

Yes, which I already said, but how does that make it a normal day? We have no information as to when he got there, how long he was there, who all he was there with, what he did that day prior to going to the dojo, etc.

How would the perps know that unless they had inside information? It's not that he'd hear the breaking glass, but that he'd hear the VF and/or AS in response to either the glass breaking or seeing the perps. It would be an awfully dangerous move to spend days scoping and plotting this operation and rely - without inside information - that one of the occupants could not/would not call for help. PS may have been fully incapacitated and lacked a phone of any kind in his room, but knowing that is a different thing.

It proves there was at least one occupant in the house who didn't call for help despite there being an apparent forced entry, which you're right it doesn't prove for instance that this wasn't staged to only appear there was a forced entry as that could be why there was no calls from help by any occupants. This is the metaphorical dog that didn't bark.

OK...

I guess RA didn't see the damage.

The husband of Veralicia Figueroa, the housekeeper who was killed alongside her employers in their DC mansion last week, has described the moment he went in vain to find his wife.

Bernardo Alfaro went to his wife's place of work on Embassy Row last Thursday after she didn't return home on Wednesday night and his calls went straight to voicemail.

After banging on the door with no answer, and aimlessly calling her phone, he walked round to look through a back window.

http://www.floridanewstime.com/regi...from-inside-saying-his-wife-wasn-t-there.html

In the SW page 3 it's reported firefighters "forced entry" at the homes front door.
Not sure which door the boot print was on...

The papers from DW arrest state he was arrested with a "bag" in his possession and that that bag owned by the defendant was transported still in the car to the DC Dept of Forensic Sciences.

Unclear what type of bag and no info on contents.
The cell phones? Some of the money? Just his personal possessions?

Is there a link for the papers to DW's arrest?

First time poster here.

I'm new to this website and discovered it in my search for more information on this case specifically.

I've always had an interest in crime, and in fact used to be a police and court reporter. But this crime captivates me, and it feels awful to say I'm glad I found WS and have enjoyed reading the posts about this.

What happened to this family is just so awful, and I guess one of the reasons I am obsessed with it is because this is a family that was just doing the right thing, living and enjoying life...I have two young sons and every time I see Philip's angelic little face, I just about lose it.

So that's one reason I am obsessed with this case...another is that I've always "enjoyed" a compelling murder mystery.

I like that this is a community devoted to opinion-based speculation without (much) judgment.

As I have read every single comment in this thread, all of the news stories, CD/SW/affidavits, etc., my mind still comes back to this: I think JW plotted this whole thing and never meant for this to happen. I think those tears were genuine. He seems like a charismatic guy but probably not smart enough to foresee all that could have gone wrong...especially given that Daron Wint had proven to be a very violent person. Maybe JW had no idea of his past criminal history.

I was also thinking that perhaps JW was coerced into bringing the money...maybe DW knew JW and knew that he could call on him to facilitate this happening.

I do not think that JW necessarily left anything in the car. He may well have walked into the house to give DW the money. Why did LE feel it necessary to specify that no trace of envelope, money, or money wraps were seen in the red car? Why would they be, if the intention was for them to be taken out once JW left?

I also would like to point out that DW has been charged with felony murder of SS...meaning, he wasn't necessarily the brutalizer or torturer...although obviously the blood on his shoe and his past history of claiming he is "good with knives" suggests he probably did engage in violence. However, when I see people talking about how could he do such terrible things...the charge is not that he actually killed SS, it's that SS's death was a homicide that took place during the course of a felony. Just pointing that out. Not defending the monster at all!

I want to know what car JW was driving when he went to the Savapolous house, and went back to Virginia after making the drop.

I feel like maybe when he picked up the money, he took two bundles of cash (was that part of the plan, or did he see the cash and just could not help himself?), took a quick pic and sent it to his girlfriend/W2 saying something along the lines of "LOOK WHAT I GOT" (since he is a known braggart) or maybe even, "the deed is done"?

I can't see her being in on it but the whole thing is very strange so who knows.

Also, where was the Porsche between 1:30 and 5:30? There has to be a witness somewhere who might have a recollection, given all that we know.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts and opinions. I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and pray that this mystery is solved completely, that all involved are punished justly and that this poor family can regain some semblance of a happy life someday.

Welcome to Websleuths!

bbm I think that being able to track the phones that were stolen could tell LE were the porsche was in that time frame. jmo idk

Think of one's signed legal document, that's stood the test of time giving, giving LE one's authorization to search (whether it be your mobile device & data or your home) as the equivalent to a warrant without having to go through all the things necessary to get a warrant. All the evidence obtained via search authorized by one's authorization/consent is admissible as if it was obtained via warrant.

I know what you are saying, and you are saying it with much experience with these things. And yet, it has been posted that the issue was recently sparred about in the Supreme Court. And many cases led up to that appealed and rejected and re-appealed. So it is a contentious issue. That leads me to believe that many LE departments would do it the tried and true safe way and get an old fashioned Search Warrant, just in case. I am not sure that they all trust all of the service providers to do everything needed without legal orders to do so. I know we will not probably agree, but...:sigh:

In the SW page 3 it's reported firefighters "forced entry" at the homes front door.
Not sure which door the boot print was on...

The boot print appears to be on the French doors:

<snip>

News4 also learned Wednesday that a French door at the family's home was apparently kicked in, leading authorities to believe that the killer or killers used forced entry to gain access.

A boot print found on the door was not consistent with the boots worn by D.C. firefighters, authorities said.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...ch-warrants-cell-phone-records-306025611.html

Thanks! And you are probably right and I hope that they have info on that.

Incidentally -- what does "BBM" mean?

Welcome to Websleuths!

bbm I think that being able to track the phones that were stolen could tell LE were the porsche was in that time frame. jmo idk

Thanks! And you are probably right and I hope they've unearthed some useful information.

Incidentally, what does "BBM" mean?

(Also, I'm sure I double posted, still getting the hang of things)

Thanks! I posted twice about that. Still getting the hang of things but doesn't seem too complicated.

[video=twitter;606207434408005632]https://twitter.com/KFaulders/status/606207434408005632[/video]

http://abcnews.go.com/US/signs-forced-entry-found-dc-mansion-murder-case/story?id=31506751

This article has a photo of the boot print on the kicked in door.

HT_evidence_mansion_murder_jef_150603_16x9_992.jpg

[video=twitter;606207434408005632]https://twitter.com/KFaulders/status/606207434408005632[/video]

He may have attempted to push open the wooden door with boot/body force first to avoid sound of shattering glass. That may not have worked quickly enough, so he then had to break the window. Tapper (CNN) stated only one of the French door's window was broken/missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1