DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really doesn't matter what JW did/said it wasn't the right thing it seems. jmo

It's almost as if he knew LE would check his messages later, so he made sure to text both of them.He deliberately didn't answer the 11:54 call. Then he waits until after 1 p.m. to start texting?
Do you have a link for that? thanks

I agree- IMO, those texts to his gf are not screaming involvement to me (although, seems a little unprofessional). The 90 minute time gap between the picture of the $ and the delivery is pretty long, but maybe they didn't leave the bank right at 9am, and that drive could probably take about 40 minutes if traffic was still bad. It still leaves some time unaccounted for, though.

His text to AS is a little strange, but I'm envisioning a scenario where he texted AS and SS several times as he drove to their house like the article states (which... not related to this, but texting and driving isn't cool), and getting no response, and just trying to get a hold of someone to let them know / maybe he was starting to worry they weren't OK. At this point maybe he was starting to realize something was really off between having to drop money off, the missed call from SS about an hour earlier, and now a fire. All speculation of course...

But... I'm torn how to feel about all of this. Still strange to me is the late morning call JW supposedly missed from SS. I'd be on high alert to make sure someone got the $40K I just left on their property without actually talking to anyone! If he dropped the $$ around 10:30, then headed to Chantilly to go to the store where he may or may not have gotten the call at 11:54, and then by 1:30 was driving back to their house, did he just drop things off at the dojo and leave to drive back to the house? This whole day just seems a little off to me... but, who knows.

As to why he lied to the authorities originally, I'm wondering if he thought maybe he was protecting SS somehow? IDK, but maybe he was trying to protect his boss's reputation somehow...

My opinions, of course

Unless he took the photo of the money in the red bag in front of the AIW employee at 9 am, I'm guessing he was handed the money before that time. He should have been on the road by 9.

His text conversation with his girlfriend does not seem like it implicates either of them in this brutal crime. JMO

To me it sounds like the gf had no knowledge of the crimes, but his actions are very questionable. As others have noted, no sensible employee would have tampered with the money and sent photos of the money to others.

I would very much like to know JW's whereabouts from around 3:30 pm on the 13th to 9:00am on the 14th. If he could account for this time frame and prove that he was no where near the S residence people would be less inclined to speculate about his involvement in this horrible crime. JMO

I text all the time too, but there are certain things you don't text.

If he thought they knew it, there was no reason to advise them to get home.

So you'd offer them a ride, not advise them they should get home...especially so being their paid driver as that's your main job for being in their employ.

Why would AS need a ride home? How did she get wherever she was going, if she wasn't at home? Why would anyone not at home need a ride home. I'm assuming they would have driven one of their cars if they weren't within walking distance.

Exactly! Begs the question "If not..." Most people would not want to go there in their minds. And if he didn't think he was the first person delivering the news, as someone else mentioned, why would he tell her "you need to get home." Sounds a tad imperious/imperative IMO. I guess if I found out my boss' house was on fire, if I texted, I'd say YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE! I wouldn't tell them what to do and I wouldn't assume they were inside - I would assume they were okay if I was texting them. Otherwise, what would be the point?

And if we found out that an employee told him about the firs, and he DIDN'T reach out to them, then what would we be criticizing him about? Would we say. ' WHY DIDn'T HE TEXT THEM AND ASK IF THEY WERE OK?' :yes:

Maybe he was told Amy was at the hospital, like Veralicia's husband was told. That would be one reason he asked if she was okay.

During what phone call/text would he have been told that? And why? By whom?

BBM. No employee--if he values his job--is going to obviously break into a package he's dropping off at his boss' home. His boss would immediately detect it and immediately fire him.

JMO

The very fact that he tampered with the money, removing one of the bands, tells me he knew his boss would never see the money. And why did it take him 1 hour and 30 minutes to drop off the money? Where else did he go in that time?

The language used is weird. "Are you ok if so call me..."if not, what? I mean "hey, your house is on fire" just does not reflect a real concern for something terribly urgent that one is surprised to have just discovered when one has no idea if the person one is texting is alive or not. JMO

I text but I am not sure why I text.

For crying out loud, we have these vocal chord things and we can transmit info much more rapidly and efficiently if we just use them!

Maybe texting is cheaper and I apologize if that is the reason.

Rant over.

Talking makes more sense, for the most part. But, I work in the medical field... which means I'm with people ALL day long... which means I talk ALL day long. So, when I'm away from the office, talking on the phone is one of the last things I want to do and I avoid it like the plague.

This has nothing to do with this case. I'm just sharing :)

That's what I've been visualizing too, one of those sort of nylon money bags. I made many bank drops of cash in those

Exactly! Begs the question "If not..." Most people would not want to go there in their minds. And if he didn't think he was the first person delivering the news, as someone else mentioned, why would he tell her "you need to get home." Sounds a tad imperious/imperative IMO. I guess if I found out my boss' house was on fire, if I texted, I'd say YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE! I wouldn't tell them what to do and I wouldn't assume they were inside - I would assume they were okay if I was texting them. Otherwise, what would be the point?

If I text my CEO boss that his house is on fire just 16 minutes after it's reported to LE, I think it's a good bet that I'll be quickly viewed as an arson suspect. The timing of JW's texts and calls are highly suspicious.

JMO

Why would AS need a ride home? How did she get wherever she was going, if she wasn't at home? Why would anyone not at home need a ride home. I'm assuming they would have driven one of their cars if they weren't within walking distance.

I was thinking their cars would have burned up and they might have wanted to go somewhere since their home is burned. Maybe they ran to the neighbors when the fire started and now they need a ride ?

From CDocs:
On Thursday, May 14,2015, at approximately l:24 pm, members from the District of Columbia Fire
Department were dispatched to the report of a house fire at 3*** Woo***** Dr, Northwest, Washington, D.C.

JW tried to call SS at around 1:40 pm, but texted AS? That is really fast for news of the fire to have gotten to an AIW employee and then to JW - 16 minutes after firefighters were dispatched...

That would be just after the fire department likely arrived (most arrival times are in under 12 minutes). So JW on one hand takes an hour and half to deliver the money, but with the fire he's trying to get ahold of them right after the fire trucks arrive.

BBM. No employee--if he values his job--is going to obviously break into a package he's dropping off at his boss' home. His boss would immediately detect it and immediately fire him....
bbm sbm

MyBelle Good point.
Would driver-employee open sealed package or envelope he was to take to boss?

1. If employee thought subjectively or knew objectively that he w/soon be fired, would he worry about opening package? Would valuing his job prevent him from opening? Maybe he hoped for a reference, despite being fired. Maybe not.
2. If employee knew of plan to kill boss that day, would he worry about unsealing?

Not saying JW did or did not open sealed package/envelope. Just saying there could be ^ reasons for him to do open. Per C/Doc's, JW admitted to seeing $ before or at same time he left bank.

JM2cts, could be all wrong.

If I text my CEO boss that his house is on fire just 16 minutes after it's reported to LE, I think it's a good bet that I'll be quickly viewed as an arson suspect. The timing of JW's texts and calls are highly suspicious.

JMO

Why would YOU be an arson suspect if you were 45 min away at a hardware store and someone else called to tell you about the fire?

Exactly. He opened with a classic, leading question: are you okay? The very question implies he already knows she isn't okay. He then follows that with "if so" which is utterly ridiculous. If she wasn't okay, what did he expect her to do? Text him back and say, "I'm on fire but ty for telling me my house is on fire?"

JMO

Sick, but that made me LOL. Utterly ridiculous. :moo:

I feel about this text like I feel about him calling the AIW employee crying. Sounds like he's trying to establish his "character" for the ensuing investigation... JMO

Exactly. He worked for them for one month. Why would he cry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1